Author Topic: Complainers  (Read 4662 times)

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Complainers
« on: September 22, 2017, 09:42:07 am »
Is it possible to see a bit of a harder stance being taken on those members who insist on trying to hound out yet another top class contributor to the site?

Babu seemingly puts a lot of time and effort in making some cracking threads and replies, and knows what he is on about, yet there are clearly some on here who don't take well to that sort of well thought out type of posting and are going for him constantly.

The place would be a lot worse off if he decides to stop posting, that's for sure.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Complainers
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 10:06:08 am »
Ah yes can we do something about this mods.  A lot of them can't take it when Babu hands them their arse on a plate.

Lets' not have another PoP situation here. 

Offline Runehammer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 11:01:20 am »
Thirded.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 11:07:56 am »
Fourthed.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2017, 11:08:42 am »
Let's not make this about just one contributor to these boards.

If you see people being bellends, report it, that's what the button's for.

MODs have lives and other commitments too, we can't read everything written on here, we need the good core of posters on this site to help us out.

You'll probably find that we share a lot of your views on this sort of thing, so if we get the reports we can identify serial offenders and take sympathetic measures.

Cheers Jon

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2017, 12:51:52 pm »
Is it possible to see a bit of a harder stance being taken on those members who insist on trying to hound out yet another top class contributor to the site?
Yes mate. There's been some discussion in the staffroom in recent days about the site. Whilst we always find it necessary to point out that we never wish to censor posters opinions, but there's a general opinion that some peoples opinion is tedious and their participation will be reviewed if its deemed they contribute nothing to the site except for their own negative opinion. It's likely that there won't be any warning because an opinion will already be formed based on their posting history.

And please everyone do not interpret that as a RAWK mandate to be constantly positive :) It isn't.

With an emphasis on 'people being bellends'. Please don't report petty stuff just because you disagree with it  :wave

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2017, 02:04:56 pm »

Babu seemingly puts a lot of time and effort in making some cracking threads and replies, and knows what he is on about, yet there are clearly some on here who don't take well to that sort of well thought out type of posting and are going for him constantly.

The place would be a lot worse off if he decides to stop posting, that's for sure.

I heard you the other day, and I thought "Oh, he used one of my catchphrases" I don't mind influencing a young comedian - you're not a comedian - but I usually credit someone if I use their comedy.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2017, 02:14:29 pm »
I heard you the other day, and I thought "Oh, he used one of my catchphrases" I don't mind influencing a young comedian - you're not a comedian - but I usually credit someone if I use their comedy.

Stop drinking Eel, it's time to go home.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2017, 02:18:59 pm »
Stop drinking Eel, it's time to go home.

I've thrown a kettle over a pub, what have you done?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2017, 02:33:15 pm »
I've thrown a kettle over a pub, what have you done?

I've thrown a pub over a kettle.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2017, 08:13:16 pm »
I’ve thrown a kettle chip over a pube.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2017, 07:22:21 am »
Let's not make this about just one contributor to these boards.

MODs have lives and other commitments too, we can't read everything written on here, we need the good core of posters on this site to help us out.

You'll probably find that we share a lot of your views on this sort of thing, so if we get the reports we can identify serial offenders and take sympathetic measures.

Cheers Jon

Small thing, could you put a comma after 'Cheers', please? It feels like everyone's name is Jon.
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2017, 07:30:59 am »
Where and when is this occurring, Craig?

Comma in right place?
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2017, 08:29:09 am »
Small thing, could you put a comma after 'Cheers', please? It feels like everyone's name is Jon.
  ;D
What if his name is Rob though?
I actually thought the other day someone must be Jon.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 08:30:54 am by John C »

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2017, 08:56:55 am »
Where and when is this occurring, Craig?

Comma in right place?

The one that made me say something was the pre-game thread for today, however that particular poster (Babu) has been getting it from a load of posters for a while now.

Cheers Craig

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2017, 08:59:12 am »
The one that made me say something was the pre-game thread for today, however that particular poster (Babu) has been getting it from a load of posters for a while now.

Cheers Craig

Well, let's call those pricks out then. We don't want another PoP
Cheers Paul
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Online Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2017, 09:57:53 am »
Well, let's call those pricks out then. We don't want another PoP
Cheers Paul

I believe Lightful Craig's point is that we do want another PoP, not that we do not.

The admonishment over the Comma applies equally to less privileged posters as to mods.

Cheers Fool!

« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 10:05:41 am by Titi Camara »
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2017, 10:28:31 am »
Babu is boss

Save Babu!

Cheers where everybody knows your name

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2017, 10:30:40 am »
Capon is boss

Save Capon!

Cheers Watch Yer Bassbins I'm Tellin Ya!

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2017, 10:35:23 am »
I want to see a Babu-Sabu collaboration some time soon.

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2017, 10:38:15 am »
I want to see a Babu-Sabu collaboration some time soon.
Or in some sort of beatnik poetry face off ;D ;D ;D

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2017, 01:46:45 pm »
Rawk and the world isn't ready for Baub-Sabu.

Cheers Samuel

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2017, 02:29:30 pm »
  ;D
What if his name is Rob though?
I actually thought the other day someone must be Jon.

Mine is.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2017, 04:35:14 pm »
Capon is boss

Save Capon!

Cant save me,im too far gone

Lost cause me mert ;D

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #24 on: October 1, 2017, 04:23:15 pm »

Not bassbins, braincells. It's had a remix.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”