Author Topic: LC: Leicester 2 v Liverpool 0 (Okazaki 65, Slimani 78)  (Read 68637 times)

Offline James55

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LC: Leicester 2 v Liverpool 0 (Okazaki 65, Slimani 78)
« Reply #1040 on: September 20, 2017, 05:49:24 am »
Yea we are winning loads of trophies..don't give me shite saying we are better out off this comp..are our fan base this watered down? Top 4 trophy..if it is give ur head a wobble

Offline Diomedieocre

• Well-dressed meat 'n veg.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blow me, fuckface.
« Reply #1041 on: September 20, 2017, 05:50:29 am »
We have too many brainless and cowardly fans who go missing when the going gets tough.

Just fixed that for you.

Offline Red78

• Main Stander
  • One bird for life.
« Reply #1042 on: September 20, 2017, 05:53:37 am »
I think we'll win there, lots of people have been rested. I'd take a win in the EPL over this shit cup any day of the week.

Amen, but we just cannot bdefend for sh1t. I think we will lose 4-1. How times have changed since the Arsenal game BH weekend.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #1043 on: September 20, 2017, 05:59:29 am »
The last time we won this cup the manager was fired. If you think this has put Klopp's job in jeopardy you are mistaken.

What we did achieve:

1 more match for Phil coming back from his 'back injury'
1  full match for Chamberlain in his bedding in to our intensity and tactics
45 minutes for Woodburn
90 minutes for Gomez in central defence
90 minutes for Solsnke

All against a PL opponent, not some League 1 club.

It may not seem like it now, but we made progress towards a decent season despite losing.

"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1044 on: September 20, 2017, 06:00:40 am »
The last time we won this cup the manager was fired. If you think this has put Klopp's job in jeopardy you are mistaken.

Who is even saying his jobs under threat, or he should be sacked, apart from a couple of blerts on social media and a few dickhead pundits?
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Koplad83

• Main Stander
« Reply #1045 on: September 20, 2017, 06:03:22 am »
5 of those from one freakish match.

A DM is not the answer to beating Barnsley and Leicester City...scoring is.

We've conceded 16 in 9 games

Offline Koplad83

• Main Stander
« Reply #1046 on: September 20, 2017, 06:05:02 am »
Winning this trophy would have given this young squad of ours, a squad that lacks players who have experienced what it's like to win something, the chance to win something. That's why I'm annoyed about last nights game. And that's why I can't get my head around posters who aren't even arsed about the competition. I know people will say, we don't have a big enough squad to compete in 4 competitions(another sore point for me, because by now we should have), but there is no guarantee going out of the league cup will ensure we have a great season in the other 3 competitions either. After all winning breeds confidence and winning trophies brings the experience and know how to go on to win even bigger and more prestigious trophies in the future as well.

Exactly this competition could be a god send if we are doing shite in everything else

Offline KopThat

• "See Tom turn red, See Tom run, Oh happy days."
  • Legacy Fan
  • He who laughs last, didn't quite get the joke...
    • GameFaceMe
« Reply #1047 on: September 20, 2017, 06:06:52 am »

Offline Zend...en the clowns

• Legacy Fan
  • Likes BBQ sauce a bit too much..
« Reply #1048 on: September 20, 2017, 06:08:30 am »
We haven't won a trophy in ten years and always amazes me how much we think these competitions are beaneath us.

The really concerning thing for me is that irrespective of the starting xi the same issues are endemic; wasteful up top, poor decision making in the final third, vulnerable in behind, mistakes across the back five, inability to manage games effectively.

Can't blame Klopp entirely for those but do think he's being let down massively by players he's backed publicly time and time again. His loyalty is admirable but it's difficult to see lovren, migs, hendo, Moreno, being able to perform to the level expected of them by Klopp and fans consistently.

I don't think it's particularly knee jerk to question why after 2 years and numerous windows, with the last one being promised as a landmark one, that we still have the same deficiencies which countless managers - (allardyce, pulls, dyche, pardew, Hughes - all of whom we take the piss out of) have exploited.
He posts in the day, he posts in the niiiiiiggghht,
That Zend...en the clowns, his timings just right.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1049 on: September 20, 2017, 06:09:48 am »
We haven't won a trophy in ten years and always amazes me how much we think these competitions are beaneath us.

The really concerning thing for me is that irrespective of the starting xi the same issues are endemic; wasteful up top, poor decision making in the final third, vulnerable in behind, mistakes across the back five, inability to manage games effectively.

Can't blame Klopp entirely for those but do think he's being let down massively by players he's backed publicly time and time again. His loyalty is admirable but it's difficult to see lovren, migs, hendo, Moreno, being able to perform to the level expected of them by Klopp and fans consistently.

I don't think it's particularly knee jerk to question why after 2 years and numerous windows, with the last one being promised as a landmark one, that we still have the same deficiencies which countless managers - (allardyce, pulls, dyche, pardew, Hughes - all of whom we take the piss out of) have exploited.

Good post mate.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #1050 on: September 20, 2017, 06:27:06 am »

Those managers are trying to win/draw a handfull of matches to secure enough points to stay up. They adopt severely linited tactics that allow them to get lucky once in a while against sides thst play football. Barnsley took points from Spurs and Chelsea.

Oh ya, Barnsley lost to Chanpionship side Leeds yesterday. Why? They can't suddenly play football.

Stoke lost to Bristol too.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline KopThat

• "See Tom turn red, See Tom run, Oh happy days."
  • Legacy Fan
  • He who laughs last, didn't quite get the joke...
    • GameFaceMe
« Reply #1051 on: September 20, 2017, 06:32:36 am »

Apart from the League Cup in 2011-12

"No other team comes close to our tally of eight League Cups, which have been won over the course of 12 final appearances. The trophy was last brought home to Anfield in 2012 courtesy of victory over Cardiff City at Wembley"

We haven't won a trophy for 5 years :)

and what have those Romans ever done for us !

Oh ya, Barnsley lost to Chanpionship side Leeds yesterday. Why? They can't suddenly play football.
Sorry just pedant in me, Burnley and a stunning Brady free kick nearly 6 minutes into first half added time
to make it 2 - 2 and extra time, with Leeds winning on penalties
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 06:48:35 am by KopThat »

Offline dorsetgill

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1052 on: September 20, 2017, 06:33:51 am »
First half good.second half rubbish.lets hope we can change things saturday

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #1053 on: September 20, 2017, 06:53:01 am »
Gutted as it was a chance to win something.
Totally dominant first half but nothing to show for it, we lack a top class predator in the box to put some of these chances away.
Fowler must have his head in his hands every game.

Every time we take a corner nothing comes of it, every time our opponents do we look like conceding a goal.

Less said about the defence the better, teams know we are vulnerable and you sense our players do too.
Can't see a way forward, Klopp seriously messed up not bringing at least one centre back in and even just a few games in we are suffering because of it.

I think that is 16 goals conceded in all competitions so far, just under 2 per game.

Hard to know what he can do to turn it around but the fact is if anything we are getting worse, he needs to find a solution or the pressure will just build on him.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 06:55:18 am by Frank Becton »
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline rkgriffin

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1054 on: September 20, 2017, 07:02:30 am »
It could always be a lot worse
https://twitter.com/BeardedGenius/status/910181700893904896

I will admit I was expecting something related to Everton but that was dire. 

Offline Gonebay

• Horny for Dudek
  • Kopite
« Reply #1055 on: September 20, 2017, 07:05:42 am »
Today morning I am not feeling that bad about the result. It was just league cup and we didn't go with our strongest team. Klopp has his priorities and league cup is way below in that list. So not too fussed.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1056 on: September 20, 2017, 07:05:44 am »
The way we cede the space right in front of the centre backs in open play is just....*shrug*. We've got numbers in situations like this, good, it's where they need to move where it's a SNAFU.

We should be beating them but fine, reserve run out, league cup, champions league season, hurts that it's one less trophy but there are solid reasons for the backups. No solid reason for not having the most basic of useful movement in defence. It's like a reverse Guardiola (one of his comments). We'll get you in there, in the defensive third, but once there you figure it out mein lieben.

Just beat these in the league. Do we want the season to even get off the ground, come on.

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #1057 on: September 20, 2017, 07:07:15 am »
Today morning I am not feeling that bad about the result. It was just league cup and we didn't go with our strongest team. Klopp has his priorities and league cup is way below in that list. So not too fussed.

I feel bad, it was probably our best chance to win something and we could do with some silverware.
It's naive to say it was just the League Cup, we aren't going to win the league or the CL with our defence so our best chance of some glory is one the 2 cup competitions, one of which we are now out of.

Offline Bruce Springsteen

• Main Stander
« Reply #1058 on: September 20, 2017, 07:08:37 am »
Another rut has set in. Hopefully we get out of it soon but we don't bounce back well at all. Very reliant on Mane and our number 10. Not a great situation that.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #1059 on: September 20, 2017, 07:11:48 am »
Honestly can't believe we paid that much money for Oxlade-Chamberlain,9 goals in 132 Arsenal apperances!
Or...let's wait and see what Klopp does with him

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1060 on: September 20, 2017, 07:15:15 am »
Do we look a lot worse without Lallana, Salah, Mane and Coutinho? Yes, yes we do. Hmm.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1061 on: September 20, 2017, 07:26:13 am »
It could always be a lot worse
https://twitter.com/BeardedGenius/status/910181700893904896
Now that's a serious contender to their previous hit, Top 4 is our everything, or whatever it was.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1062 on: September 20, 2017, 07:26:26 am »
This competition represented a chance for those players who don't normally play a lot to have played. There is no way that being knocked out at the first possible hurdle is any good. It means less games for the likes of Danny Ward, Ben Woodburn, Gruijc, and maybe to some lesser extent Alex Oxlaide Chamberlain...

A trophy at the end of the day is a trophy and winning them is what we all want. We don't have any right to pick and choose what trophy is good enough for us, the way we are, we should be respecting any opportunity to win something.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1063 on: September 20, 2017, 07:27:41 am »
The media have turned on Klopp, I don't know why this is but it has happened, they will drive him out over the next few months with the help of those mindless supporters that believe all they hear on talkshite or read in the red tops.

That's why. They go with what gets clicks and likes, and with way too many Liverpool 'supporters' questioning him, abusing him and doubting his ability to get things right that has led to the media jumping all over it.

Hard to know what he can do to turn it around but the fact is if anything we are getting worse, he needs to find a solution or the pressure will just build on him.

Exhibit A.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline nico 8

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1064 on: September 20, 2017, 07:31:40 am »

I suggest you look in recent years to see how far we have gone into this competition without actually winning it. The team sent out was good enough to win it. No one didn't take it seriously. Not great to lose but surely you can see the bigger picture in what Klopp is trying to build here.  There are priorities and whilst winning trophies is why we exist, the bigger picture is to build something long term and sustainable. The same very fans who are throwing their toys because of a loss in, and  let's be honest, a competition that has lost its' gloss due to the clubs of their own accord degrading the competition are the first to shout from the rooftops that we should bin Coutinho and have taken the money. Last night showed why players like Coutinho are a level above and that we should be doing everything possible to keep him and build a team around him.
I look at the Leceister fans who hounded Ranieri out of their club in the very next season after having one an improbable league title. Are our fans any different?? we go through a bad spell and every Tom Dick and Harry think they have the right to vent. This negativity adds fuel to those with an agenda who revel in our failure. Give the man time even if it takes 5-7 years. We have already waited 27 years. As long as there is progress, we can have no complaints. The players in defence are not the long term solution. Klopp more than anyone knows that. But everyone knows better. Put Gomez at CB. He is part of a defence that concedes soft goals-therefore must be crap. Moreno hasn't played in the last 2 games but is brought into the discussion by some posters. Robertson has been given his chance and is part of the defence that has let in the soft goals. He is excused as he great. So much blind inconsistency from week to week.
People need to calm down. Progress is being made albeit at a pace that some fans do not have the patience for. Klopp only wants VVD - respect that. Our failure to land him is a set back. We will try again in the next window.
We expect players to show composure and yet our fans have a wobbly each time we fail to win a game. To answer your question- YES- it is a knee-jerk reaction to ask after 2 years we have the same deficiencies. He is aware of the deficiencies and will upgrade  the personnel who simply aren't good enough. It is a process and a challenge to find the suitable replacement.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 07:34:34 am by nico 8 »

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1065 on: September 20, 2017, 07:31:48 am »
That's why. They go with what gets clicks and likes, and with way too many Liverpool 'supporters' questioning him, abusing him and doubting his ability to get things right that has led to the media jumping all over it.

Exhibit A.

That bit in particular is true, it is how the media work. It doesn't help that we have so many ex players keen to jump on the bandwagon as well, and as ever because they are players they lack the insight to understand the problems, so its the usual cliches.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline nico 8

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1066 on: September 20, 2017, 07:35:52 am »
That bit in particular is true, it is how the media work. It doesn't help that we have so many ex players keen to jump on the bandwagon as well, and as ever because they are players they lack the insight to understand the problems, so its the usual cliches.

You would think that our fanbase would have learnt from Rafa's demise.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1067 on: September 20, 2017, 07:36:19 am »
This competition represented a chance for those players who don't normally play a lot to have played. There is no way that being knocked out at the first possible hurdle is any good. It means less games for the likes of Danny Ward, Ben Woodburn, Gruijc, and maybe to some lesser extent Alex Oxlaide Chamberlain...

A trophy at the end of the day is a trophy and winning them is what we all want. We don't have any right to pick and choose what trophy is good enough for us, the way we are, we should be respecting any opportunity to win something.

How did we not respect it? The team put out was good enough to win to win the game, we didn't put ten kids on so I really don't get what you are saying. That first half the only thing we didn't do was score, Leicester were not even at the races. Had we managed to score it would be us in the next round, not them.

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #1068 on: September 20, 2017, 07:36:57 am »

That's true and we have a lot of ex players in the media, but he has had 3 windows now to try and resolve what has been a bug problem for us, bad defending.
And the only player brought in has been Klavan.

I like Klopp, his character , his passion, his love for the club - but if we keep conceding goals his methods and judgement are bound to come under scrutiny.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #1069 on: September 20, 2017, 07:38:20 am »
First half good.second half rubbish.lets hope we can change things saturday
What? Like first half rubbish, second half good?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1070 on: September 20, 2017, 07:38:43 am »

Would you?  ;D

I wouldn't.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1071 on: September 20, 2017, 07:39:27 am »

You get the impression that with some they feel they have some sort of power. That is the biggest danger of twitter you will get someone sprouting shite and it pulls others in especially if its what they want to hear.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1072 on: September 20, 2017, 07:39:44 am »
That's true and we have a lot of ex players in the media, but he has had 3 windows now to try and resolve what has been a bug problem for us, bad defending.

I like Klopp, his character , his passion, his love for the club - but if we keep conceding goals his methods and judgement are bound to come under scrutiny.

Right, so do you have a set point by which time you want the defence sorted? What is your "deadline"?
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1073 on: September 20, 2017, 07:39:54 am »
Same as Leicester then?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1074 on: September 20, 2017, 07:41:25 am »
It's getting to that stage. If ever a manager needed a win, it's this JK this Saturday. If we lose again I'd sack him & get King Kenny back to steady the ship until we get a PROVEN world class manger in.

You what? You would sack him if he doesn't get a win on Saturday. OMG, and you wonder why we don't get success when we have fans who think flitting from one manager to another is the answer.  :butt

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1075 on: September 20, 2017, 07:43:04 am »

You sure it's only Klven? Have a little think.

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #1076 on: September 20, 2017, 07:44:39 am »
Right, so do you have a set point by which time you want the defence sorted? What is your "deadline"?

First window he was new to the club and we had a window where many were sold, getting unbelievable money in for a lot of players (hence the negative net spend thing).
January window always difficult I guess.
This summer window though priority was a centre back, at least one - we messed up on Van Dijk and didn't have a plan b. Result is we are shipping goals in nearly every game.

Will he sign a centre back in January, I don't know.

Will we have to wait until next summer, probably.

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #1077 on: September 20, 2017, 07:46:05 am »

The only centre half I meant.

Offline nico 8

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1078 on: September 20, 2017, 07:46:54 am »

Thats' the point right there. He is factually incorrect but still thinks he has the right to vent and Klopp's "methods and judgment are bound to come under scrutiny".

Offline Red78

• Main Stander
  • One bird for life.
« Reply #1079 on: September 20, 2017, 07:46:59 am »
You what? You would sack him if he doesn't get a win on Saturday. OMG, and you wonder why we don't get success when we have fans who think flitting from one manager to another is the answer.  :butt

It's nearly two years since he arrived. When he arrived the defence was a shambles. 23 months later it's STILL a shambles.
He's the manager, it's his job to improve all aspects of the team. He hasn't. Time for a breath of fresh air. I LOVE JK, i really do, but the whole footballing world can see our problem & he can't see it. And he even wears glasses!