Author Topic: Deleted Posts?  (Read 2366 times)

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
Deleted Posts?
« on: September 16, 2017, 01:26:27 am »
Why are posts that are not in line with the Rawk Moderation line deleted?

Its clearly now on this forum we have a policy of no anti team posts and if so they are being deleted, I remember when we could point out the problems within our team on this site but not anymore by the looks of it.

Is Rawk a Nanny State these days?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 01:29:11 am by Sarge »
Y.N.W.A.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Re: Deleted Posts?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2017, 07:04:59 am »
Why are posts that are not in line with the Rawk Moderation line deleted?

Its clearly now on this forum we have a policy of no anti team posts and if so they are being deleted, I remember when we could point out the problems within our team on this site but not anymore by the looks of it.

Is Rawk a Nanny State these days?

Wow, you think that every post 'pointing out the problems within our team' is being deleted....?!
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2017, 07:51:13 am »
I can see plenty of posts which criticise the team, are you sure that the deleted posts didn't just break a rule or something? Were they your posts or someone elses?

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2017, 08:01:47 am »
Robbie - I didn't delete your post but it was part of a three post exchange in the wrong thread. Someone posted in the defence thread about the Burnley starting team and you responded.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2017, 08:20:13 am »
Just as an example:

The biggest concerns I have around our defence is the lack of communication, the lack of aggression and just all round lack of desire to actually defend. Moreno for example, yeah he will defend when he needs to but does anyone honestly get the feeling with him that he has a desire to do it? Same with Lovren. Same with even Matip.

This is as quiet a defence as you are likely to see. Nobody is screaming at each other to get in to position, or to track runners or to just switch on. Look at the state of our defensive line for the first goal at the weekend. Not a single defend in line with another. None of them paying attention to the position of their other defenders never mind the position of the attackers. Carragher was constantly switched on. Desperate to defend. He was always talking his fellow defenders through every second of a game and leading the defence. It was everything to him. This defence just feels so laissez faire. Oh if they need defend then they'll try when it gets to them personally, but they don't work as a unit in the slightest. They aren't constantly thinking and aware of where they should be and where their team mates are.

I was just thinking back to our team from a decade ago, and it was just so different in attitude. Yes, we didn't always win. Yes we would lose games etc etc. But we had communicators and people who really CARED if we concede. It made them angry. Pepe Reina, Jamie Carragher, Javier Mascherano. If you didnt pull your weight with them they'd rip your head off. Who gives out that impression now? It's all to nice. Every one of them. Even lads like Arbeloa were snide fuckers. Lads who cared about defending. Carra got in his face and he didnt back down in the slightest. Who would do that now if Carra shouted at them?

Joel Matip, our first choice CB, a good player. But far too nice and far too passive. When have you ever saw him get in the face of a CF he is playing against? When has he ever got in a heated argument with anyone? Any time he fouls lads, he's putting his hand out picking them up and apologising right away. Nasty fuckers like Costa last season for example. I remember him trying to leave one on Matip. A couple minutes later he fouled Costa and was apologising profusely right away.

It's the biggest issue our defence has. The lack of absolute desperation to defend well. And it is hard to sign lads who will fix it because it is difficult to know who has that drive. It was the thing I adored most about Suarez. Not his skill. Not his creativity. Not even his work ethic. But his absolute desire to do anything and everything to win. He'd put his life down if it meant winning a game of football. He was so driven. He'd lose his shit more if we conceded a throw in than our current lads do if we concede a goal. When did you last see someone lose their shit at conceding a goal. It's just shrugs. Nobody willing to dig each other out and pull someone up. It's all about drive. Remember Suarez going fucking mental at Sturridge for not passing him the ball when we were 4-0 up in a derby? That's the attitude our defenders and in general everyone needs to have. Thankfully we have Naby Keita joining next summer and I think he has that mentality from what I have saw of him.

We need leaders and communicators in that back line, and we need them ASAP.  I'll be honest, it obviously won't happen because it would be too much change at once, but I'd have no problem with Klopp replacing any of our back 6. Matip is the one I like most in there, but even he has questions marks around him due to his mentality.

A well argued criticism of our defence. What will get deleted are one liners like 'Klavan is shite' because they've been posted a thousand times already and offer nothing.

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2017, 09:27:28 am »
Wow, you think that every post 'pointing out the problems within our team' is being deleted....?!
;D

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2017, 11:18:50 am »

Wow, no but some are yes, not the answer I was looking for so I'll wait for a Mod.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2017, 11:19:24 am »
Wow, no but some are yes, not the answer I was looking for so I'll wait for a Mod.
Robbie - I didn't delete your post but it was part of a three post exchange in the wrong thread. Someone posted in the defence thread about the Burnley starting team and you responded.
;D

:wave
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2017, 11:19:31 am »
;D

Ahh now come on John not everything is funny.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2017, 11:21:45 am »

Ok that is fair enough but the general feeling these days is that any posters who have a difference of opinion of the team/manager are put in the bold corner, I'm not one for personal attacks on the players and Klopp and will point it out if so,  but if posters see problems and there are with players and tatics I think it should be allowed to be aired, btw the posters I though we be in here are in here. (Not you Alan I love you)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 11:23:39 am by Sarge »
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2017, 11:34:40 am »
May I just add I've not a problem with Klopp as our Manager I think he is great but I am just a bit ticked off with how we are going about our style of play in general (defending as a team) and have faith it will turn but its very very frustrating.
Y.N.W.A.