Author Topic: La Liga 17/18  (Read 63989 times)

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: La Liga 17/18
« Reply #40 on: August 2, 2017, 12:10:09 am »
Sevilla have done some really good and also really questionable transfers. Kjaer and Navas are done, these guys are no good. They are not going to improve, they are basically going the wrong way.

However, they have done some good transfers. On the balance, I think they will be about as good as they were last year.

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: August 5, 2017, 09:42:33 am »
Cristiano Ronaldo told a Madrid court last week he wants to return to England, Sky sources understand.

The Real Madrid forward appeared in court last Monday to deny he had evaded about £13m in tax by using three off-shore companies based in the British Virgin Islands.

Ronaldo told the court he believed he had paid more tax than he should since he moved to Madrid eight years ago.

At one stage during his 90-minute appearance, Ronaldo said: "I never had these problems in England. That's why I want to go back there."

Manchester United sold Ronaldo to Real Madrid for £80m in 2009.

The Old Trafford club have distanced themselves from reports linking them with a move for Ronaldo and Sky Sports News understand they do not want to be involved in a media circus surrounding his future.

Ronaldo signed a new-five year Real Madrid contract last November.

United play Real Madrid in the European Super Cup final on Tuesday.

I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #42 on: August 5, 2017, 10:24:25 am »
Sevilla have done some really good and also really questionable transfers. Kjaer and Navas are done, these guys are no good. They are not going to improve, they are basically going the wrong way.

However, they have done some good transfers. On the balance, I think they will be about as good as they were last year.

Navas is kind of an obvious move for Sevilla to take back though considering who he is and his history with the club. Also he was on a free and is no older than 32, so I fail to see the problem with that transfer?
Linudden.

Offline ggcc14

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: August 5, 2017, 10:27:40 am »
Agreed, very similar to the Joaquin back to Betis move, it is their home.
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.

Offline Xxavi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: August 7, 2017, 01:05:23 am »
Navas is kind of an obvious move for Sevilla to take back though considering who he is and his history with the club. Also he was on a free and is no older than 32, so I fail to see the problem with that transfer?
He is free, but I would think his wages are too high. In any case, Navas is going to block another youngsters spot in the first team.

Sevilla traditionally rely on unearthing young, unknown players and selling them for a substantial profit. I just fail to see how Navas is helping with any of it. As a free transfer, it is not disastrous, but this is something Sevilla should avoid, IMO.

That said, Sevilla also brought Reyes back home. So this transfer is similar to that one.

Offline pinky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: August 9, 2017, 12:09:09 am »
Zidane's evolution as a coach so far

Offline Xxavi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: August 9, 2017, 05:07:28 pm »
Zidane's evolution as a coach so far

Loved him as a player in the same way many Madrid fans love Messi. When you see magic, you have gotta tip your hat. Zidane, at times, was magic.

Offline ggcc14

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: August 9, 2017, 05:18:18 pm »
Yep but my admiration for him as a manager may even surpass his playing career if he keeps this up!

Offline ggcc14

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2017, 01:38:12 pm »
Spanish side Real Betis have signed Algeria midfielder Ryad Boudebouz from Ligue 1 club Montpellier on a four year deal for US$8.22m.

The 27-year-old said he was "proud" to join the Seville-based club.

Boudebouz, who previously played for Sochaux and Bastia, scored 11 goals and made nine assists in the French top flight last season.

He has 24 caps for Algeria but missed the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations through injury.

Real Betis finished 15th in La Liga last season, but new head coach Quique Setien has bolstered his squad significantly since taking over in May, with Boudebouz becoming his eighth signing of the close season.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2017, 02:40:47 pm »
Barca signed Paulinho for €40m.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2017, 02:52:18 pm »

bloody hell - maybe Paulinho on a free transfer I could understand - bolster the squad a little with an option they don't have too many of - but at 40m euros? Their other transfer targets must be worth a lot more than that then...

Barcelona v Real Madrid - Super Cup 1st leg : Sunday night, 9pm ko - live on SS Football and SS Main Event.

Real Madrid v Barcelona - Super Cup 2nd leg : Wednesday night, 10pm ko - live on SS Football and SS Main Event.

tv channels around the world showing the game live (+great for IPTV) - http://www.livesoccertv.com/match/2484406/barcelona-vs-real-madrid/

streams in here - https://www.reddit.com/r/soccerstreams/ (about 30 mins before kick off - https://twitter.com/rsoccerstreams)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 01:45:58 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2017, 04:25:32 pm »

:lmao. Could have got Seri for the same amount

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2017, 01:42:25 pm »
Zinedine Zidane: Real Madrid boss agrees new deal

Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane has agreed a new three-year deal with the European and Spanish champions.

In 18 months in charge, the former Real midfielder has won the Champions League twice and La Liga once.

Speaking on the eve of their Spanish Super Cup first leg at Barcelona, he said: "My story with Real Madrid is deeper than contracts and signatures.

"I'm happy to be linked with the club. But the contract doesn't mean anything."

The 45-year-old former France international, who managed Real's B team before replacing Rafael Benitez in January 2016, added: "You can sign for 10, 20 years. I know where I am and what to do.

"In one year, maybe I won't be here. Real Madrid and I are not going to argue, never."

Real visit Barca on Sunday with the game kicking off at 21:00 BST, with the second leg on Wednesday at the Bernabeu (22:00 BST).

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2017, 01:43:24 pm »
Looking forward to Real v Barca tonight. I think I'm one of the few on here that wanted Real to win the league last season and it goes without saying that I hope they kick the shit out of Barcelona later.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2017, 01:55:53 pm »
Looking forward to Real v Barca tonight. I think I'm one of the few on here that wanted Real to win the league last season and it goes without saying that I hope they kick the shit out of Barcelona later.
well, after that Coutinho saga, now many more are with you  :D

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2017, 03:04:39 pm »
Barca are gobshites but can't bring myself to want Madrid to win anything, even a supercup.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2017, 05:38:53 pm »

Make that two.  :)
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: August 13, 2017, 08:16:14 pm »

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: August 13, 2017, 08:20:04 pm »
Damn, the coach is high on Deulofeu then?

Offline pinky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: August 13, 2017, 08:24:03 pm »
Less control without Modric for Madrid in midfield.

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #60 on: August 13, 2017, 08:26:01 pm »
on sky sports football there is a documentary about the history of Real v Barca now. did not know Barca fans went nuts when luis figo signed for madrid and when he went back to play against them they were throwing pigs heads mobile phones at him. the 0-0 game.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: August 13, 2017, 08:41:56 pm »

Offline jonkrux

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: August 13, 2017, 08:42:44 pm »
Ronaldo injured?

Came back late from confed cup.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: August 13, 2017, 08:43:25 pm »

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #64 on: August 13, 2017, 08:45:09 pm »
jillc probably not match fit as he has only just started training a week ago having  fathered all those kids in pre-season

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: August 13, 2017, 08:57:05 pm »
Thanks guys.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: August 13, 2017, 08:57:36 pm »
he's on the bench

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #67 on: August 13, 2017, 08:59:50 pm »
Come on Madrid :scarf
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: August 13, 2017, 09:00:30 pm »
Come on Madrid :scarf

Feels very strange to be wanting RM to win.  :o

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: August 13, 2017, 09:01:26 pm »
Coutinho to score? ;D
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline pinky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: August 13, 2017, 09:02:28 pm »
Madrid's uniform is ridiculous. Looks like Barcelona's away kit.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: August 13, 2017, 09:02:44 pm »
WTF is going on with the kit choices?

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #72 on: August 13, 2017, 09:02:56 pm »

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: August 13, 2017, 09:05:59 pm »
steady on mate

You say steady to me again when I say something to you and you'll be on the first plane back!

Offline pinky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: August 13, 2017, 09:08:07 pm »
Isco seems a good footballer, but he's slow and his head is too big for his body.

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #75 on: August 13, 2017, 09:10:39 pm »
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: August 13, 2017, 09:12:31 pm »
Come on the ref.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #77 on: August 13, 2017, 09:12:32 pm »
shame all the shenanigans of the last few weeks has fucked this fixture up for me....traditionally would be right behind Barca and wanting Madrid to get twatted....but all I see now are two sets of c*nts
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #78 on: August 13, 2017, 09:13:36 pm »
Isco seems a good footballer, but he's slow and his head is too big for his body.

he has a 600 odd million release clause having signed a new contract. The Naymar transfer has really scared clubs so they are increasing the fees. 

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: August 13, 2017, 09:15:10 pm »
he has a 600 odd million release clause having signed a new contract. The Naymar transfer has really scared clubs so they are increasing the fees. 
i don't even know how that works anymore, can clubs just put any number as release clause?