Author Topic: Andy Robertson (Andrew Henry Robertson MBE)  (Read 792389 times)

Offline iAnfieldRoad

• Legacy Fan
  • JUSTICE IS COMING
Re: Robertson
« Reply #1480 on: April 24, 2018, 11:06:11 pm »
Played well tonight again but in the 2nd leg I hope he doesn't go charging forward as much.
Justice for the 97
You`ll never walk alone

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #1481 on: April 24, 2018, 11:07:44 pm »
Such a reassurance when he plays rather than Moreno.

Can't believe there is still some posters who think Moreno is a option for LB.

Offline Andy-oh-six

• Legacy Fan
  • Mr Susan in 'the world of mirrors'...
« Reply #1482 on: April 24, 2018, 11:09:08 pm »
Thought he was going to put that chance away. He caught it nicely. Wrap him up in cotton wool for the second leg.
Internet terrorist

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #1483 on: April 25, 2018, 12:06:52 am »
Quiet game tonight compared to his usual rampaging self but didn't put a foot wrong, wasn't caught out, supported the attack when necessary, just the perfect modern fullback.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline johnj147

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1484 on: April 25, 2018, 12:11:10 am »
solid performance again  ;)

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1485 on: April 25, 2018, 12:16:52 am »
Big difference having him back in the lineup tonight.

Online Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #1486 on: April 25, 2018, 07:36:00 am »
Such a reassurance when he plays rather than Moreno.

Can't believe there is still some posters who think Moreno is a option for LB.

Can’t believe you still feel the need to knock Moreno in the Robertson thread. If you feel he is such a crappy player, doesn’t that diminish the achievement of Robertson keeping him out of the starting line-up?

"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1487 on: April 25, 2018, 07:45:09 am »
One of the best games he's had for us, everything he did was spot on, his passing and final ball is getting better also.

Introduction of him, VVD and TAA have turned our defence from once a laughing stock to solid and dependable. And no coincidence Henderson, Milner, Ox and Gini have improved with them behind them, in which takes the burden of them to support our attack.

Hes made the number 3 shirt his. That cross to Gini in the second half was stuff of dreams.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
« Reply #1488 on: April 25, 2018, 08:54:20 am »
Quiet game tonight compared to his usual rampaging self but didn't put a foot wrong, wasn't caught out, supported the attack when necessary, just the perfect modern fullback.

Perfection and almost a wonderful assist for Gini is a quiet night?!
Good to know your expectations are realistic! :D

Him & Salah both turning out to be steals.
"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
« Reply #1489 on: April 25, 2018, 09:05:48 am »
8 MILLION POUNDS! And he’s only 23! His price tag has more than doubled during this season.

If his name was Andre Roberto he would be rejoiced across Europe as the next best thing at LB.
“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1490 on: April 25, 2018, 11:03:50 am »
He's found his level amongst the elite.

Hard to believe that a year ago he was part of a team that was relegated to the Championship; now he's looking ahead to a CL final.  I think it was only five years ago that he was playing in the third division of Scottish football, now he's nailed down a position that has been an issue at Liverpool for the last decade.

I think he's outstanding - same as with Trent, to look so assured at the highest level so quickly speaks volumes of his strength of character as much as it does his quality as a player. 

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1491 on: April 25, 2018, 11:26:33 am »
Have we ever had a better couple of transfer windows than last two in terms of players brought in?

Robertson, Salah, VVD, AOC, and soon Keita.

We are where we are due to these signings. Another couple windows like that and we're right at the top.

Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1492 on: April 25, 2018, 11:57:34 am »
Have we ever had a better couple of transfer windows than last two in terms of players brought in?

Robertson, Salah, VVD, AOC, and soon Keita.

We are where we are due to these signings. Another couple windows like that and we're right at the top.

The one before that we brought in Matip, Mane and Wijnaldum.

The one before that one as well (and before Klopp) we brought in Firmino, Clyne, Milner and Benteke. I know Benteke didnt work out but the rest have been great.

Offline Zee_26

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1493 on: April 25, 2018, 05:55:15 pm »

The one before that one as well (and before Klopp) we brought in Firmino, Clyne, Milner and Benteke. I know Benteke didnt work out but the rest have been great.

And we're off to a good start with the next one with Keita coming in. We've been steadily building some good quality depth over a 2-3 year period. Just a shame, we've had a whole lot of injuries all coming at the same time most of which is totally unrelated to how we train or play.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1494 on: April 25, 2018, 05:57:05 pm »

And Karius in the one before. Might not have worked out perfectly but he was really cheap.

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1495 on: April 25, 2018, 05:59:27 pm »
He's found his level amongst the elite.

Hard to believe that a year ago he was part of a team that was relegated to the Championship; now he's looking ahead to a CL final.  I think it was only five years ago that he was playing in the third division of Scottish football, now he's nailed down a position that has been an issue at Liverpool for the last decade.

I think he's outstanding - same as with Trent, to look so assured at the highest level so quickly speaks volumes of his strength of character as much as it does his quality as a player.
Another reason, I think, has to be Klopp and his main sidekicks, because even Dortmund had this way of getting players of lower quality to punch above their weight, to get new players to settle quickly and to have young players reaching impressive levels ‘prematurely’.

Robertson, TAA, Gomez, Van Dijk’s settling immediately, Moreno (kind of) reconfigured...the list  is endless.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1496 on: April 26, 2018, 01:02:17 am »

Since Klopp came in the only signing that hasn't strengthened the squad or first team is Grujic and there's still time for him. Its a ridiculous strike rate.

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1497 on: April 26, 2018, 04:00:33 am »
Really hope he gets himself a goal before the end of the season. He's the only one out of our main starting 11 that hasn't scored yet and he definitely deserves one.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1498 on: April 26, 2018, 07:13:58 am »
Really hope he gets himself a goal before the end of the season. He's the only one out of our main starting 11 that hasn't scored yet and he definitely deserves one.

How about a Liverpool left back scoring the winning goal in a European cup final against real Madrid ....again

Offline florislfc

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1499 on: April 26, 2018, 08:40:38 am »
He definitely deserves a goal, what a player!!

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1500 on: April 26, 2018, 09:20:08 am »
He definitely deserves a goal, what a player!!

He's saving that for the 89th minute winner in the final  :-X
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Smellytrabs

• Sme-llytrabs....what are they feeding you? It's not your fault! Has an anus that looks like a *
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1501 on: April 26, 2018, 09:37:15 am »

When Roma played Barca they were doubling up on the right flank and causing mayhem - I think Andy was conscious of this and his first objective was making sure they never got in behind him, which he did brilliantly.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1502 on: April 26, 2018, 09:48:53 am »
Robertson and VVD - we have the best left side of defence in the world.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Advil

• The Pain in Houllier's Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kopite Family
« Reply #1503 on: April 26, 2018, 02:43:50 pm »
Robertson was so good that it seems that Cengiz Ünder was told to switch side. Robertson and TAA will be very important for the match at Rome.  They will most probarly play both Cengiz Ünder & El Sharaawy.  To send cross for Dzeko and maybe even Schick. 

Roma will have to go for it.  So i think they will try to bypass our CM.
None but a noble man treats women in an honorable manner, and none but an ignorant man treats women disgracefully.
-Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1504 on: May 1, 2018, 07:19:58 am »
He's in Gary Neville's team of the season, along with Salah and Firmino.

Nice that he's getting some recognition.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #1505 on: May 1, 2018, 03:00:46 pm »
He's in Gary Neville's team of the season, along with Salah and Firmino.

Nice that he's getting some recognition.

Dec 2017
"The reason why we are talking like this is because we are talking about Liverpool winning the Premier League and the Champions League. That's the measure of the club historically.

"So if you look at that and you say, 'Do I want Moreno at left-back? Do I want Robertson at left-back? Do I want Klavan as my centre-back playing at Real Madrid away or Barcelona away?' You can't. You can't have those players in those games. It's impossible. So they've just got to go.

"It's sad and you don't like saying that because they are probably good pros and they'll have great careers. They are good lads but they shouldn't be playing here at this level at a club that is trying to win the league.

9 March 2018
"We comment a lot on players in this job, and I actually made a – not a derogatory comment about Robertson – but I said I didn't think he was good enough really earlier on in the season," Neville reportedly said.

"I have to say that, in the six months – and he's still got a long way to go – he has proven me, not wrong, but I do feel as though I have to correct myself. He has impressed me a lot and has done better than I ever imagined he would, in both sides of the game.”

20 March 2018
“Maybe he [Neville] hadn't seen me play enough,” Robertson told the Daily Mail. “Maybe he just thought it's a signing from Hull.

“I don't know what his thought process was but it's one man's opinion. If he thought I wasn't good enough, no problem.

“But these are the people I want to try to prove wrong. You want to make your fans and your family proud. But it's the people who doubt you who motivate you more.

“I’m quite good at dealing with it. I was confident in my ability that if I could get a run of big games, I would build on it.”

30 April 2018
“I did a lot of the opposition analysis, so I’d watched a lot of Robertson in terms of what his weaknesses were,” Neville said.

“We saw him as a weakness going back. We saw him as a massive threat going forward but were unconvinced by his defensive work. That was proved actually in one of the Scotland games.

“So when he got to Liverpool I thought he started bright, he looked busy and good going forward but I felt that he would be found out come the big games, the big moments in a defence and goalkeeper that certainly earlier on in the season you weren’t convinced by.

“I thought that he would falter. However, he has done a lot, lot better than I ever imagined.”

On Alonso being in the PFA team of the year ahead of him
“You look at the goals and it’s an absolute no-brainer there because Alonso has scored more goals,” he added.

“But when I look at the assists, the clean sheets, Robertson’s played a lot less games so his clean sheet ratio is a lot better.

“More touches in the game, obviously Robertson plays more mainly left-back and Alonso plays as a left-sided player.

“I am going to go with Robertson because ultimately I think Liverpool are having a fantastic season and he’s probably been the best left-back and I’ve not been wholly convinced by Alonso.”

I think Robertson accrediting, even in some small way, the words of his critics as a big reason for his improvement is really important in how opinions shift on him. Instead of insisting he was always a good player (he was) and Neville hasn't a fucking clue with his opinions wrapped in bias, he makes Neville buy into the idea that he has actually improved and in part, that was down to Neville. I am not sure whether that is intentional of Robertson, or just a consequence of him being a humble motherfucker.

But in contrast, look at how Karius deals with the criticism from Neville and other pundits. He clashes with them, insists they are wrong (they were). This makes people less inclined to change their point of view. Because you can't say Karius has improved and proven you wrong, you have to instead state you were always wrong, he was always good and you have no fucking clue what you are talking about. That is unlikely to happen. So instead they will lie in wait for every mistake to jump on them to justify their "he's shite" stance.

If you are a very self confident, attractive German goalkeeper telling pundits they have no idea what they are talking about - prepare for a hard battle in ever getting them on side. If you are a modest Scottish full back who tries to win over the pundits by giving them credit for your improvement - the battle is already won. They are then as invested in your success as us fans are. Genius is our Robbo!
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1506 on: May 1, 2018, 03:12:30 pm »
Give Neville his dues for holding his hands up, a lot of other pundits lack the sort of humility it takes to admit you were wrong, as they are arrogant self serving pricks.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #1507 on: May 1, 2018, 03:22:36 pm »
That’s the Gary Neville lad that was in charge of Valencia right? 28 matches won 10 drew 7 and lost 11? Just checking

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1508 on: May 1, 2018, 03:25:16 pm »
That’s the Gary Neville lad that was in charge of Valencia right? 28 matches won 10 drew 7 and lost 11? Just checking
What's that got to do with his inclusion of Robertson in his team of the year?

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1509 on: May 1, 2018, 03:31:12 pm »
What's that got to do with his inclusion of Robertson in his team of the year?

Dunno just like reminding people, but as a person who initially thought he wasn’t good enough maybe he’s not the best judge?

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1510 on: May 1, 2018, 03:56:57 pm »
Dunno just like reminding people, but as a person who initially thought he wasn’t good enough maybe he’s not the best judge?

Seems a bit strange to say that about him after he's said good things about one of our players though.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1511 on: May 1, 2018, 03:58:19 pm »
Seems a bit strange to say that about him after he's said good things about one of our players though.

Well he's saying good things now. It's like me saying a season ago Salah is just not cut out for premier league play and probably the shittest buy we could have made and then saying now, he's a superstar. Anyone and their dog can see Robertson now is a good left back.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1512 on: May 1, 2018, 04:08:21 pm »

he was a decent fullback to be fair
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #1513 on: May 1, 2018, 04:27:49 pm »

He is a dickhead that hates us and that thinks way too much of himself. Whether he talks about us or our players well or poorly, that will remain true. Just in the same way if Eamon Dunphy said anything pro-Liverpool I would still tell him to go and fuck himself so hard he splits himself in two.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #1514 on: May 1, 2018, 07:04:28 pm »
He is a dickhead that hates us and that thinks way too much of himself. Whether he talks about us or our players well or poorly, that will remain true. Just in the same way if Eamon Dunphy said anything pro-Liverpool I would still tell him to go and fuck himself so hard he splits himself in two.

My favorite posts of yours are the ones with the level-headed, balanced, progressive narratives...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1515 on: May 2, 2018, 09:40:55 pm »
An absolute steal of a left back. Steal!
@Yvanicuzz

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
« Reply #1516 on: May 2, 2018, 09:44:01 pm »
So unlucky no one was on the end of his crosses.
You try me once you beg for more.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #1517 on: May 2, 2018, 09:44:33 pm »
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...Andy! ANDY!
AHA!

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1518 on: May 2, 2018, 09:45:04 pm »
82nd minute winner against Real Madrid?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1519 on: May 2, 2018, 09:45:51 pm »

State of his beard, shave it the fuck off Andy 😂