Author Topic: Call of Duty WWII - Released November 2017  (Read 34740 times)

Offline wadey-LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • Round the fields of Anfield Road
Re: Call of Duty WWII - Released November 2017
« Reply #280 on: November 17, 2017, 05:10:31 pm »
Yeah, Y (triangle for PS, I assume) as always.
Nice one will try that, was having a terrible time before and couldn't change.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly

Offline wadey-LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • Round the fields of Anfield Road
« Reply #281 on: November 17, 2017, 06:11:14 pm »
I meant to say change primary weapon, can it be done in the middle of a game?
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #282 on: November 17, 2017, 06:27:58 pm »
I meant to say change primary weapon, can it be done in the middle of a game?

If you pause it, you can change it there so that it changes your weapon next time you respawn.
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: November 17, 2017, 06:47:07 pm »
They've fixed something. I've started shooting folk and they die. I've also become a corner jumper which sees me win a fuck load more battles than I lose
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: November 19, 2017, 09:04:34 pm »
I may be old and boring, but..Hardcore on COD used to be a bit slower paced gameplay. Check your corners, listen for footsteps, the occasional camping in a window. It feels like this game forces you into running and gunning with an SMG. When I first read about this game being "back to the roots", I was hoping to pick people off with my M1 Garand. I find it hard because regardless of where you  are, there are least  five different angles people can come from.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 09:16:03 pm by dalarr »

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #285 on: November 20, 2017, 10:31:10 am »
I may be old and boring, but..Hardcore on COD used to be a bit slower paced gameplay. Check your corners, listen for footsteps, the occasional camping in a window. It feels like this game forces you into running and gunning with an SMG. When I first read about this game being "back to the roots", I was hoping to pick people off with my M1 Garand. I find it hard because regardless of where you  are, there are least  five different angles people can come from.

I must be a fellow oldie, but as I said I was used to playing CoD2 Tactical Realism on the PC.

On a side note; I played some Nazi zombie split-screen action with my daughter yesterday. Pretty fun, but difficult with only two humans!
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #286 on: November 20, 2017, 11:49:38 am »
The maps are poor and at the end of the day that means the game won’t last. Treyarch usually make good maps so next years game should be fun.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Mackka

• Main Stander
« Reply #287 on: November 20, 2017, 07:51:10 pm »
Just stumbled upon this video from NeroCinema about a new "leak" on Reddit. New supply drops, still cosmetic only. Few new weapons I believe also.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ggP-Jbc5S4
"You're our main striker" - Oddball2514. 50,000 times.

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: November 21, 2017, 10:20:16 am »
Seems to have gotten better with regards to hitboxes and the like but the last couple of rounds I've been booted out completely once the game has finished

I actually like it overall, I enjoy the fast pace and I've only really thrown myself into TDM

Offline dalarr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: November 23, 2017, 08:56:09 pm »
What's the deal with COD points? In MWR you could either buy them or slowly earn other "currency" through leveling up. In the HQ it seems like the only way to buy supply drops is to actually buy them. Please tell me I'm wrong.

Offline Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: November 24, 2017, 06:17:34 pm »
What's the deal with COD points? In MWR you could either buy them or slowly earn other "currency" through leveling up. In the HQ it seems like the only way to buy supply drops is to actually buy them. Please tell me I'm wrong.

Think it's just completing the orders and drops at the end of matches.
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline Beard

• Main Stander
« Reply #291 on: November 26, 2017, 11:13:02 pm »
Need to sort the spawns out. Cheeky c*nts.

Offline ArthurDooley82

• Box-clever, non-pink, manly man's man. Contact for more details. No bibs! Grrrr :)
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #292 on: November 30, 2017, 01:02:28 pm »
Cracking game just can’t get up to speed  :no was decent back in the day I blame age

Offline Flaccid Bobby Fowler

• Supports the No To Racism campaign. Good lad.
  • Legacy Fan
  • *****In Istanbul, we won it 5 times*****
« Reply #293 on: November 30, 2017, 01:54:04 pm »
Maps are beyond terrible, way too cluttered, too small and to few to play but overall its a good game. Biggest improvement for me and this might have came out previously as the last COD I played was BOPS1 but I only play hardcore and It would fuck me off having to wait ages after you die to get back in the game - with this new game, its instant which is savage!

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: December 1, 2017, 10:08:35 am »
The only truly bad map is the one of the ship (USS Texas or something). It is just set up for campers with a sniper rifle

I'll have to give a go to the other modes as I'm only really in TDM at the minute although I have tried War a couple of times and it is very good

Offline Beard

• Main Stander
« Reply #295 on: December 3, 2017, 01:29:15 pm »
The only truly bad map is the one of the ship (USS Texas or something). It is just set up for campers with a sniper rifle

I'll have to give a go to the other modes as I'm only really in TDM at the minute although I have tried War a couple of times and it is very good
Gustav Cannon is far worse imo. Camping snipers paradise

Offline dalarr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: December 3, 2017, 05:47:19 pm »
Have to disagree with you there. Gustav Cannon is the best map for me. It offers different play styles, you can snipe/use an assault rifle or you can run and gun with an SMG on the edges of the map. The other maps force you to run and gun with an SMG

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #297 on: December 4, 2017, 02:07:33 am »
Have to disagree with you there. Gustav Cannon is the best map for me. It offers different play styles, you can snipe/use an assault rifle or you can run and gun with an SMG on the edges of the map. The other maps force you to run and gun with an SMG
Agree fully with this. You can even sit atop of the Gustav without a sniper and pick people off.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline Mackka

• Main Stander
« Reply #298 on: December 4, 2017, 11:29:56 pm »
Agree fully with this. You can even sit atop of the Gustav without a sniper and pick people off.

Used a shotgun on Gustav, Oddball can back me up on this, went 20-9, was really fun to play and APPARENTLY I'm a jinx to a certain oddball2514, I think he's just awful at the game though.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #299 on: December 6, 2017, 10:45:59 am »
Used a shotgun on Gustav, Oddball can back me up on this, went 20-9, was really fun to play and APPARENTLY I'm a jinx to a certain oddball2514, I think he's just awful at the game though.

No apparently about it. I finish top or 2nd every game when Mackka isn't in it, but when he is, dead last every time. So it can't be down to my skill level as I've already said what I do when your not there. That then leaves one option, JINX.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #300 on: December 6, 2017, 11:51:40 am »
Connections for me have been even worse since the patch (they were terrible before that!), so I'm focusing on the campaign for now.  And it's bloody good! At least they got one thing right!

Offline Mackka

• Main Stander
« Reply #301 on: December 6, 2017, 02:37:12 pm »
No apparently about it. I finish top or 2nd every game when Mackka isn't in it, but when he is, dead last every time. So it can't be down to my skill level as I've already said what I do when your not there. That then leaves one option, JINX.

Or the party system is still messed up, for example, the matchmaking goes from my stats so you know a slightly better skill level compared to you Oddy McOddface x

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #302 on: December 6, 2017, 05:04:50 pm »
Or the party system is still messed up, for example, the matchmaking goes from my stats so you know a slightly better skill level compared to you Oddy McOddface x

Why does it automatically go off yours Mackka Mc Twat hat?

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #303 on: December 7, 2017, 08:03:59 am »
I wonder where they will take Call of Duty next surely they cant go back to the furure crap again with this game outselling them been no1 game for 5 weeks and the best selling game of the year.

I guess maybe the war against Japan.

Just wish they would sort the head quarters out.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #304 on: December 7, 2017, 08:40:40 am »
Flak Tower or whatever it is called is my fav map. This Winter Siege update seems cool.

Offline dalarr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: December 7, 2017, 11:52:29 am »
I wonder where they will take Call of Duty next surely they cant go back to the furure crap again with this game outselling them been no1 game for 5 weeks and the best selling game of the year.

as long as they add on MW2 Remastered I really don't care. Gave this one a go but I just can't get into it.

Offline thelinnen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: December 7, 2017, 12:07:28 pm »

The next one will likely be in a modern setting developed by Treyarch, personally I've been waiting for them to do a modern game since World at War.

as long as they add on MW2 Remastered I really don't care. Gave this one a go but I just can't get into it.
Won't be touching that with a barge pole if they don't fix one man army noob tubes and remove painkiller.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: December 7, 2017, 01:17:20 pm »
Cheapest place I can get this? Would you say this is worth buying? I play Black Ops3 is it so my standards are hardly set high, hoping this is better than that.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: December 7, 2017, 04:16:01 pm »
Tried this on my sons PS4, snipers are absolute aids, the aim assist with quickscoping is laughable, actually preferred Infinite Warfare multiplayer to this garbage, having said that they'll never match Black Ops 1, Cold War was a great setting, really surprised game developers don't use it as a setting more often.

Offline thelinnen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: December 7, 2017, 04:31:17 pm »
Cheapest place I can get this? Would you say this is worth buying? I play Black Ops3 is it so my standards are hardly set high, hoping this is better than that.
Black Ops 3 is a far more entertaining game, sorry to disappoint you.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #310 on: December 7, 2017, 05:26:45 pm »
Tried this on my sons PS4, snipers are absolute aids, the aim assist with quickscoping is laughable, actually preferred Infinite Warfare multiplayer to this garbage, having said that they'll never match Black Ops 1, Cold War was a great setting, really surprised game developers don't use it as a setting more often.

Ah Blops...loved that game. Firing Range, LOVED it.

Offline Mackka

• Main Stander
« Reply #311 on: December 7, 2017, 06:49:58 pm »
Black Ops 3 is a far more entertaining game, sorry to disappoint you.

Black Ops 3 is a far more entertaining game, in your opinion.

Personally think this is the best COD to come out since Black Ops 2. Not only is it boots on the ground but Sledgehammer are, even if it's not noticable, trying to work the hardest to get the patches out as fast as they can. Again, this is just an opinion considering I wasn't the biggest fan of the Futuristic COD games.

Offline thelinnen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: December 7, 2017, 07:03:54 pm »
Black Ops 3 is a far more entertaining game, in your opinion.

Personally think this is the best COD to come out since Black Ops 2. Not only is it boots on the ground but Sledgehammer are, even if it's not noticable, trying to work the hardest to get the patches out as fast as they can. Again, this is just an opinion considering I wasn't the biggest fan of the Futuristic COD games.
I've seen little evidence that they're working hard to fix the game, all they're working hard on is supply drops and dlc. Spawns and hit detection are poor and the maps are shocking as well, there's no patch for that. Quickscoping is stupidly easy and they won't fix that either. Killstreaks aren't worth earning and I don't know what they were thinking taking perks out the game.

Just because it's boots on the ground doesn't make it good, Black Ops 3 had jetpacks but it was still balanced and the maps and gun variety were excellent.

WW2 is not a £40 game, I'd be skeptical about picking it up for £20. That's not a minority opinion and more people will think that as the game gets older, we're only a month in. The whole game feels rushed.
« Last Edit: December 7, 2017, 07:10:30 pm by thelinnen »

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #313 on: December 7, 2017, 08:39:41 pm »
I dont really care where the next is set as long as its boots on ground I loved Black Ops 3 as well.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #314 on: December 7, 2017, 10:19:00 pm »
BO3 was a far more balanced game. I don't get how a COD game can get it's basic three lane map layout so wrong, you're practically having to play with eyes in the back of your head.

Someone needs to do a Vietnam setting. And by someone, I mean Dice and Battlefield. That expansion on BC2 was the tits.
AHA!

Offline Mackka

• Main Stander
« Reply #315 on: December 7, 2017, 11:48:15 pm »
I've seen little evidence that they're working hard to fix the game, all they're working hard on is supply drops and dlc. Spawns and hit detection are poor and the maps are shocking as well, there's no patch for that. Quickscoping is stupidly easy and they won't fix that either. Killstreaks aren't worth earning and I don't know what they were thinking taking perks out the game.

Just because it's boots on the ground doesn't make it good, Black Ops 3 had jetpacks but it was still balanced and the maps and gun variety were excellent.

WW2 is not a £40 game, I'd be skeptical about picking it up for £20. That's not a minority opinion and more people will think that as the game gets older, we're only a month in. The whole game feels rushed.

I understand that you don't like the maps (as seen by your earlier posts) but there are a lot of issues that have just come with a patch today. [07/12].*

Taking perks out of the game I thought personally was innovative, a new thing to try like SledgeHammer have known to do (Specialist in MW3 for example) Granted we're only a month in and many people still are enjoying this game more than the futuristic style games. I'm not calling them bad games per-say, I'm just saying in my opinion, Black Ops 3, just isn't as good as COD WWII. Then again I never really got into Black Ops 3, probably because I'm the type of person to not like flying while gun fighting.

Also a new patch comes tomorrow again with Gun Game coming, Winter Siege event beginning and also three new weapons.

*Patch notes from Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/WWII/comments/7i89kg/call_of_duty_wwii_game_update_127_ps4xb1/

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: December 8, 2017, 09:00:53 am »
Well, bugger getting this then. I'll wait for the next Cod
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #317 on: December 8, 2017, 02:04:31 pm »

Well, bugger getting this then. I'll wait for the next Cod

You on PS4 mate? If so if you wanna try it via the share play your welcome to use mine to see if you like it or not. Try before you buy ;D

Offline Mackka

• Main Stander
« Reply #318 on: December 8, 2017, 04:56:13 pm »

You on PS4 mate? If so if you wanna try it via the share play your welcome to use mine to see if you like it or not. Try before you buy ;D

More than happy to offer this too if you're on PS4.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #319 on: December 8, 2017, 05:46:37 pm »
More than happy to offer this too if you're on PS4.

I already have it, thanks anyway :P