Author Topic: Ben Woodburn.  (Read 131433 times)

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Ben Woodburn.
« Reply #80 on: November 29, 2016, 10:18:11 pm »
I thought he'd just closed his eyes and smashed it at first but it was actually a very good finish, he knew exactly where he wanted to put it
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #81 on: November 29, 2016, 10:26:50 pm »
Only a year younger than Pulisic who's being touted at £20m.

not that I am arsed about signing Pulisic, as he's very raw, and isn't really that good (yet), but the one thing he has is pace to burn. Woodburn is a different type of forward.

Offline cartmangreko

• Main Stander
« Reply #82 on: November 29, 2016, 10:28:46 pm »
great moment for the kid but in this day and age to become top-class with this type of physique you have to have incredible technique

right now I think it is more likely than not that he won't get there. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: November 29, 2016, 10:29:26 pm »
Mate sure he has an English granny.  ;D
He can have a 4 generation grandfather who once had a day out in Llandudno for all of fucking care ;D

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: November 29, 2016, 10:30:01 pm »
great moment for the kid but in this day and age to become top-class with this type of physique you have to have incredible technique

right now I think it is more likely than not that he won't get there. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Nice to know for the lad after scoring his first  goal. You should tweet him that.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #85 on: November 29, 2016, 10:30:11 pm »

Miserable bugger ;D

He's got heaps of potential, but it's a huge difference from having it to fulfilling it.

Scored a goal tonight.  Well done lad, now the hard work starts.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: November 29, 2016, 10:30:17 pm »

Fucking hell who invited happy here.

Offline plasterered

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a....
« Reply #87 on: November 29, 2016, 10:30:19 pm »
every kids dream

Woodburn is livin the dream it come true for him.

treat yourself to a steak tonight son

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: November 29, 2016, 10:30:40 pm »

Oh.

We should pay up his contract and tell him to fuck off in the morning.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: November 29, 2016, 10:31:36 pm »

Thank god you aren't one of our Scouts  ;D
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #90 on: November 29, 2016, 10:31:57 pm »
I promoted him to the first team in FM17 as one of my first moves - glad Klopp has the same foresight  ;D (deliberate "I'm a wanker" post out of the way...)

Congrats Ben! Can't wait to see this lad develop under Klopp!

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #91 on: November 29, 2016, 10:33:07 pm »

If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #92 on: November 29, 2016, 10:34:47 pm »
Want to avoid saying he reminds me of God but yeah....he does.

Just seems able to find space in the area.

My first thought. Everything about the goal, the position he took, the coolness. Far, far to early to make comparisons but...,

Offline simbo

• Kopite
« Reply #93 on: November 29, 2016, 10:35:56 pm »
Mate sure he has an English granny.  ;D
No need, Chester in England no?

Offline DefJack

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: November 29, 2016, 10:36:23 pm »

You better be joking, if not you're both clueless and miserable.

His physique will develop and his technique is top drawer, guessing you didn't notice how he used his instep instead of his laces to control the ball while still generating tons of power? That's indicative of a player who knows what he's doing, and believe me having watched this kid at youth level, some of the things he produces takes the breath away.

Also, mental attributes are far more important, and this lad has everything you could want in that department.

This lads barely 17, our youngest scorer, played 25 minutes and scored a goal, and you come in here writing him off? Wind yer neck in.

Offline LFConor

• Kopite
  • Believer
« Reply #95 on: November 29, 2016, 10:38:17 pm »

I bet you're fun at parties
"If the supporters like me, it's not half as much as I like them"
Kenny Dalglish - 6/2/2011

6 European Cups and 19 Leagues thats what we call history

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: November 29, 2016, 10:38:38 pm »

He is just gone 17. 5"10 & actually strong for his age. What a ridiculous statement.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #97 on: November 29, 2016, 10:38:53 pm »
Great goal from woodburn has the quality to make it. You could see how happy he was when he scored

Offline Aceldama

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: November 29, 2016, 10:39:57 pm »
What kind of physique did Coutinho have when he was 17?

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: November 29, 2016, 10:43:26 pm »
"Some men just want to watch the Woodburn."

;D

Offline Bobsackamano

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: November 29, 2016, 10:43:54 pm »

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: November 29, 2016, 10:44:49 pm »

Comedic misery ;D Please post some more golden nuggets - can't beat a good miserable bastard poster for giggles.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: November 29, 2016, 10:47:00 pm »
Made up for the lad!

Also, check the reaction from Klopp and Milner on the sidelines. Well in!
@Yvanicuzz

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: November 29, 2016, 10:47:45 pm »
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: November 29, 2016, 10:47:49 pm »

Someone get Klopp on the phone and give him the bad news that some blert on here reckons the kid is no good.  I know he was eagerly awaiting the verdict.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #105 on: November 29, 2016, 10:48:30 pm »
Club will need to have a long hard discussions on whether we should be pursuing wide-forwards in January or summer as it could potentially block the pathway for Ben and Ojo. Ideally we should maybe consider a short-term solution in that position to give these guys another year before they are truly ready to take on the mantle.

Offline stanleylhs

• Anny Roader
  • Oh Sami Sami!
« Reply #106 on: November 29, 2016, 10:52:50 pm »
He was extremely close for the rebound when Gini's shot hit the post too. He simply reads the game well and put himself in the right position.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #107 on: November 29, 2016, 11:04:00 pm »
Because he's English.

He's a Red, that's all that matters.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: November 29, 2016, 11:07:43 pm »

"This type of physique"? Don't know many 17 year olds built like shithouses.

About a year ago Origi was considered too soft. Look at him now.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #109 on: November 29, 2016, 11:08:37 pm »
I'm fucking delighted for him. Well in Ben. The look on his face was one of pure joy and disbelief, he didn't quite know what to do :D

The first of many, I'm sure.

Offline cartmangreko

• Main Stander
« Reply #110 on: November 29, 2016, 11:08:58 pm »
Someone get Klopp on the phone and give him the bad news that some blert on here reckons the kid is no good.  I know he was eagerly awaiting the verdict.

ah throwback to the days when you would get stoned to death if you mentioned that there was a chance Ibe wouldn't be the best player in the UK by 2016

I'm sorry my friend, I forgot that EVERY youth player Klopp uses will become a superstar

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: November 29, 2016, 11:09:10 pm »
"This type of physique"? Don't know many 17 year olds built like shithouses.

About a year ago Origi was considered too soft. Look at him now.

That's because Origi of today ate the puny Origi. I don't recommend that for Ben.

Offline OptoMystik

• Main Stander
« Reply #112 on: November 29, 2016, 11:09:17 pm »
Great goal. Well chuffed for him!

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: November 29, 2016, 11:10:20 pm »
ah throwback to the days when you would get stoned to death if you mentioned that there was a chance Ibe wouldn't be the best player in the UK by 2016

I'm sorry my friend, I forgot that EVERY youth player Klopp uses will become a superstar

Honestly, who cares at this point? He scored his first goal for the club at such a young age and we're all buzzing about it. If you don't enjoy such a moment, there's no real point in watching football...

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: November 29, 2016, 11:11:21 pm »
Well in to the lad, he took that superbly, and well done all the other players to just keep passing it across trusting the final guy to be there, and he was, 17 years old, bang into the top of the net.

Hope there's many many more from him.

:)
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: November 29, 2016, 11:14:09 pm »

What on earth? Try telling that to some of the grown men he's been rinsing in the under-23's as a 16 year old.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: November 29, 2016, 11:16:21 pm »
Want to avoid saying he reminds me of God but yeah....he does.

Just seems able to find space in the area.
Playing style for the youth teams reminded  me much more of a striker with a bit more bite.  :D

« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 11:28:55 pm by Chris~ »

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: November 29, 2016, 11:17:51 pm »
He was extremely close for the rebound when Gini's shot hit the post too. He simply reads the game well and put himself in the right position.
This. Noticed the same thing in preseason too.

Offline Red Ol

• 82 years in this crazy world and still plays with Lego
  • Legacy Fan
  • Children of the night. What music they make.
« Reply #118 on: November 29, 2016, 11:22:46 pm »
Woodburn ...Smokin'...

Well played Ben!
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: November 29, 2016, 11:24:02 pm »
Jeez. Klopp's comments on him, for all he was stressing to keep me calm, just made me all the more excited.