Author Topic: Holiday 2017  (Read 43122 times)

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Holiday 2017
« Reply #80 on: January 4, 2017, 11:32:43 am »
I booked one way car hire with Hertz in Italy* last summer - the website is easy to navigate - If they have an office in Sicily? And it was a reasonably price - but that was for a very small fiat  ;D

*pick up Perugia and drop off Rome Airport

Looked at Hertz, seems decently priced but no convertible option. How did you find driving in Italy?

Hertz are mad the way they quote more if you collect from a train station/airport. I used them in Munich last year and it was cheaper to walk five minutes away and collect from the city centre.

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: January 5, 2017, 02:42:33 pm »
My wife has just told me we are going to Madrid next week for the weekend, never been before so any tips will be greatly appreciated, bars, restaurants, sightseeing all that good stuff.
We are in a hotel by the Sol metro station which is pretty central so wondering about tourist travel tickets as we are there 4 days, as we are central would it make sense to get a 4 day pass each or not bother.
Also, I will be away for the Utd game (wondered why she was a bit sheepish) so a bar where I can watch the match would be great.
Ta

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: January 5, 2017, 11:04:10 pm »
Just booked a 2 night break in Hamburg for this Sunday. Anyone ever been? Looks decent enough off reading the reviews and tourist info [emoji1]

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #83 on: January 7, 2017, 09:50:26 pm »
Booked 7 nights for the first week in September in Split, Croatia. Me, Her and the youngest.

And before you ask, England play that week so no Liverpool games.

Who says I'm not a family orientated man.

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #84 on: January 8, 2017, 12:39:48 am »
Booked 7 nights for the first week in September in Split, Croatia. Me, Her and the youngest.

Beautiful part of the world that boss.

Offline Shady Craig

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: January 8, 2017, 12:59:16 am »
Amsterdam for a few days with the wife and my sister and hubby. My sister wants to do sightseeing where as I just want get wrecked, hopefully we can do both [emoji14]

Then Roquetas de Mar by Almeria, Spain in May with the kids.

Yachi da.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #86 on: January 8, 2017, 09:33:40 am »

Just looking at Croatia.

Looking for a chilled holiday with the missus.

Would this do the trick?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Stubbins

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #87 on: January 8, 2017, 12:11:40 pm »
Just looking at Croatia.

Would this do the trick?

Went to Split for a week last year. It's ideal for a chilled out, relaxing holiday. Less touristy than Dubrovnik and all the better for it I thought. Great bars and restaurants in the old town built into the old Roman palace and the waterfront Riva (promenade) has been extended all the way round to the yachting marina now. Locals great and they love to talk about Hadjuk!

I'd have no hesitation in going back, in fact I'm thinking about September myself for a week again (after I've booked Bordeaux for June - see separate topic!)

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
« Reply #88 on: January 8, 2017, 11:03:11 pm »
My wife has just told me we are going to Madrid next week for the weekend, never been before so any tips will be greatly appreciated, bars, restaurants, sightseeing all that good stuff.
We are in a hotel by the Sol metro station which is pretty central so wondering about tourist travel tickets as we are there 4 days, as we are central would it make sense to get a 4 day pass each or not bother.
Also, I will be away for the Utd game (wondered why she was a bit sheepish) so a bar where I can watch the match would be great.
Ta

Most stuff you'll want to see will be walkable.
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #89 on: January 9, 2017, 09:19:54 pm »
Just looking at Croatia.

Would this do the trick?
Not sure fella, sort of just plumbed for something different this year. Crosby's reply gives me hope we've picked well. Cheers Nick.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #90 on: January 11, 2017, 04:23:29 pm »
Went to Split for a week last year. It's ideal for a chilled out, relaxing holiday. Less touristy than Dubrovnik and all the better for it I thought. Great bars and restaurants in the old town built into the old Roman palace and the waterfront Riva (promenade) has been extended all the way round to the yachting marina now. Locals great and they love to talk about Hadjuk!

Agree with this, Split is lovely. I'd love to do Dubrovnik.

Recommendation in terms of Split would be to get a ferry to Bol for the day, absolutely beautiful and isolated beach. Head to Krka for the waterfalls as well, fair journey mind if you've got kids.

Offline my name canged back to tucker?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: January 25, 2017, 02:17:09 pm »
Thinking of booking a week somewhere at the beginning of march for myself, the wife and 2 kids- aged 4 and 7.

Had been thinking the Canary Islands somewhere, maybe Tenerife, is it likely to be warm enough to be in and out of the pool most days?

I went to Benidorm in March one year and no one was in the pool at all, I got in once and nearly had a heart attack it was so bloody cold, if it's going to be like I'm not spending the money.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: January 26, 2017, 09:58:36 am »
Thinking of booking a week somewhere at the beginning of march for myself, the wife and 2 kids- aged 4 and 7.

Had been thinking the Canary Islands somewhere, maybe Tenerife, is it likely to be warm enough to be in and out of the pool most days?

I went to Benidorm in March one year and no one was in the pool at all, I got in once and nearly had a heart attack it was so bloody cold, if it's going to be like I'm not spending the money.

I'm currently sat outside eating my breakfast in Tenerife. It's been hot, mid 20's but it's cloudy today. The pool isn't heated so it's bloody freezing when you get in, but you get used to it after a bit, but still not comfortable, so I'd recommend a place with a heated pool. My lads are 6 and 8 and have been in the pool, but not for more than 20 minutes at a time.We stayed at the BeLive hotel Los Gigantes two years ago, they had a heated pool and my two were in it all day.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 10:00:11 am by rob1966 »
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline my name canged back to tucker?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: January 26, 2017, 10:01:13 am »
I'm currently sat outside eating my breakfast in Tenerife. It's been hot, mid 20's but it's cloudy today. The pool isn't heated so it's bloody freezing when you get in, but you get used to it after a bit, but still not comfortable, so I'd recommend a place with a heated pool. My lads are 6 and 8 and have been in the pool, but not for more than 20 minutes at a time.We stayed at the BeLive hotel Los Gigantes two years ago, they had a heated pool and my two were in it all day.
Thanks for the reply mate

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Offline .adam

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: January 26, 2017, 12:25:58 pm »
Booked my two big trips for the year; Italy in June (drive down coast from Naples to Sicily, stopping along the way) and South Africa for two and a half weeks in November. Very much looking forward to both.

Also got three stag trips; Eindhoven (Feb), Prague (March) and Berlin (May)!

Offline Col

• Shaves his tongue and shares makeup tips. May be a little camp.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: January 26, 2017, 08:19:36 pm »
Got a US road trip coming up with the wife in a few weeks - moving from California back to Connecticut in the north east, and figured we might as well drive it and take in some sights. Can't wait to get started.
I don't have to sell my soul... he's already in me.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: January 27, 2017, 08:54:40 am »
Fed up of work already this year so posting in here to remind myself work pays for our sun and fun and to cheer myself up :)

Me and the missus Flying to Kuala Lumpur on the A380 end of May. A day/night in KL, booked a trip up the Petronas Towers then a meal and cocktails in the SKY bar at the Traders hotel.

Then off to Koh Samui, Thailand the next day for 14 nights.

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
« Reply #97 on: January 27, 2017, 08:10:50 pm »
Got a US road trip coming up with the wife in a few weeks - moving from California back to Connecticut in the north east, and figured we might as well drive it and take in some sights. Can't wait to get started.

Sounds shit ;)
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Offline Col

• Shaves his tongue and shares makeup tips. May be a little camp.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: January 28, 2017, 12:00:37 am »
I don't have to sell my soul... he's already in me.

Offline gav91v

• Kopite
« Reply #99 on: January 29, 2017, 05:50:16 pm »
Booked a trip to Berlin in March for 5 days. Hotel and flights for £250, hotel had a massive discount on at booking.com. I've been once before and always wanted to go back. Plan on catching a Bundesliga game as well. The cheap prices certainly help and will be interesting to experience the German atmosphere.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: January 29, 2017, 06:03:39 pm »
Got one spare day at the end of a work trip to Kristiansund in Norway this week - anyone been before? With any luck I'll spot the Northern Lights.

Offline Carllfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: January 29, 2017, 08:14:42 pm »
Booked to go to Paris for three nights in June whilst the French Open tennis at Roland Garros is on. Anyone been before to Paris, and know the best way to get tickets for the tennis?

Offline JimmyGrunt

• Transgender Asylum Seeker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: February 5, 2017, 09:59:49 pm »
I'm going Barca on Friday with the missus. Got the stadium tour booked in and was planning on watching the spurs game in a supporters club bar over there too. Any recommendations/other recommendations from anyone? :)

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

PSN ID = JimmyGrunt

Yea mate just put your sky box on top of the fridge, put an egg in the microwave then wave your satalite dish around on the roof worked for me lad.

Offline mabbympb

• Branded he was a man who ran!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red and White Kop
    • Instagram
« Reply #103 on: February 9, 2017, 10:27:45 am »
Just looking at Croatia.

Would this do the trick?

Yes!

Offline .adam

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: February 9, 2017, 11:15:04 am »
Booked a little mini-break to Malaga at the beginning of March. Flights were only £57 return so figured why not.

Hope to get to Malaga, Cordoba and Granada.

Offline lfcrule6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: February 13, 2017, 04:46:58 pm »
Going to New York Saturday!!
Have a question though - apologies if this should go elsewhere.

I'm wanting to buy a camera in duty free. Been wanting it for ages. It's 465 at Heathrow and 550 elsewhere. Will I have to pay any import or duty charges on it when I return to the UK? Never bought anything this expensive from duty free before so thought I'd double check, as the price seems too good to be true.

Cheers
★     ★     ★     ★     ★     ★

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #106 on: February 13, 2017, 04:54:19 pm »
Barca on Friday for a quick weekend break, thinking of spending 3 weeks around a couple of Central/South American countries if can manage that much time off work in one go, and then probably a 10 day do fuck all beach holiday later in the year to recover from what is likely going to be a hectic year. Want to fit in Iceland towards the end of the year too for a 4 or so days.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: February 13, 2017, 10:28:38 pm »

I'm wanting to buy a camera in duty free. Been wanting it for ages. It's 465 at Heathrow and 550 elsewhere. Will I have to pay any import or duty charges on it when I return to the UK? Never bought anything this expensive from duty free before so thought I'd double check, as the price seems too good to be true.

Cheers

Have you checked in new york how much , Bought stuff in Best Buy in both Florida and here in this store its like  our Currys . The exchange rate will put a dampener on it but might still be cheaper

http://stores.bestbuy.com/ny/new-york/529-5th-ave-1028.html?ref=NS&loc=ns100

Offline Caffeine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: February 14, 2017, 09:57:02 am »
Booked Lindos in Rhodes for two weeks April/May.

Then four days in Rome in summer.

Making up for lack of holidays last year when my son was born. Never done a city break with the kids so Rome will be a new challenge!

Can't wait.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: February 14, 2017, 10:05:16 am »

Cheers

Make sure you keep the receipt and to be honest, I doubt they'll say anything. When I came back from NY with an iPad they didn't say a word about it.

Have you checked in new york how much , Bought stuff in Best Buy in both Florida and here in this store its like  our Currys . The exchange rate will put a dampener on it but might still be cheaper

http://stores.bestbuy.com/ny/new-york/529-5th-ave-1028.html?ref=NS&loc=ns100

Remember to take into account the sales taxes on top if you go for this.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 10:07:07 am by Claire. »

Offline .adam

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: February 14, 2017, 12:55:59 pm »

As Claire says, if it was your own property when you left the UK then you won't be done for customs duties when you return to the UK. Would advise keeping the receipt in case.

Also, if you can get it for cheaper in the US then don't hesitate to do so. Customs are so short-staffed that they rely on people to 'self-declare' these days as they don't have the man power to rifle through people's belongings.

Offline .adam

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: February 14, 2017, 12:56:47 pm »
Eindhoven for a stag this weekend. Bavaria brewery tour booked and also PSV in the evening. Any suggestions on where to go/eat/see etc.?

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: February 14, 2017, 02:02:02 pm »
Make sure you keep the receipt and to be honest, I doubt they'll say anything. When I came back from NY with an iPad they didn't say a word about it.

Remember to take into account the sales taxes on top if you go for this.

Sales tax is a good point but there was big savings to be made at $1.50 - $1.80 but its crap at the moment so might not be a good saving . Can honestly say I've never been stooped at customs in 30 years , no one ever at the nothing to declare part .

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: February 19, 2017, 11:55:52 pm »
off to the Carnival in Rio next Friday - which is nice  ;D

Offline scouser4eva

• but is Eva4Scouser? Wants an old willy
  • Legacy Fan
  • " god wanted west ham to win but gerrard said no "
« Reply #114 on: February 20, 2017, 09:27:49 am »
First time visit to USA in May,

Quick question - what type of visa do I need to apply for ?

Offline kavah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: February 20, 2017, 09:54:17 am »
^ An electronic visa, you can do it online. Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) - you must have an e-passport and a credit card.

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/visit/visa-waiver-program.html#ESTA

Offline scouser4eva

• but is Eva4Scouser? Wants an old willy
  • Legacy Fan
  • " god wanted west ham to win but gerrard said no "
« Reply #116 on: February 20, 2017, 10:30:14 am »
^ An electronic visa, you can do it online. Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) - you must have an e-passport and a credit card.

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/visit/visa-waiver-program.html#ESTA

Cheers pal

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #117 on: February 20, 2017, 10:37:59 am »
Less than 12 weeks to go...

Offline kavah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: February 22, 2017, 10:26:03 pm »
If work goes as well as last year then hopefully will knock a few things off my Travel list

Atlanta & Florida late Jan - Booked
England in Oct for a wedding which I cant miss but will spend a couple of extra days sightseeing as well.
Malta or any Med island in July for a week
Back to the States around Thanksgiving maybe and might persuade a couple of yanks to go to Cuba with me.

If I do all that then will be delighted with my holiday plans.

That's a decent list there mate for sure.
Any feedback on Atlanta? I'm there for the first time next month - only for a couple of days - any tips? I'll be there with my wife just doing a bit of shopping / sightseeing / enjoying the early Spring weather.

Offline RJ320

• Kopite
  • 17-01-42
« Reply #119 on: February 24, 2017, 01:20:32 pm »
Hurghada end of April for two week, oh how overdue it is. Cannot wait to get away somewhere warm.

Looking at going away from a week in August. Was thinking Barcelona or Marrakech but doesn't quite meet my budget of £700 so will probably just do Cornwall, flying from Manchester to Newquay and getting a car hired out.