Author Topic: MoTD thread  (Read 665307 times)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Re: MOTD thread
« Reply #1840 on: September 23, 2017, 10:39:15 pm »
Each Peach Hodge Podge
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #1841 on: September 23, 2017, 10:40:20 pm »
Here we go.

Not sure I'm ready to rewatch this yet ;D
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1842 on: September 23, 2017, 10:40:39 pm »
All three of these in the studio have huuuge ears.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1843 on: September 23, 2017, 10:50:00 pm »
Klopp loved our 3rd goal  ;D

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #1844 on: September 23, 2017, 10:50:32 pm »
Klopp loved our 3rd goal  ;D

I assume he thought the game was done at that point like I did ;D
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1845 on: September 23, 2017, 10:51:50 pm »
I assume he thought the game was done at that point like I did ;D

He punched the air about half a dozen times  ;D

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1846 on: September 23, 2017, 10:52:37 pm »
The debate over the Can 'handball' is nuts. BT did it as well.

Can's arm barely even moves ffs. He kicks it at him!

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1847 on: September 23, 2017, 10:52:38 pm »
Jesus Christ, these "pundits"  ::)

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1848 on: September 23, 2017, 10:52:51 pm »
Don't think Klopp is that kind of guy but honestly I wish he'd absolutely tear into the ref in the post match interviews after a performance like that.

Online DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #1849 on: September 23, 2017, 10:53:57 pm »
Keown can fuck off. Clueless mongol. No mention of the obvious free in the build-up to teh penalty either. Salah pulled back, as clear as day. Taylor is such a  useless ref.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1850 on: September 23, 2017, 10:55:33 pm »
You could hear the cogs in Keown's brain work to think up an excuse when Lineker brings up the double jeopardy rule. Really wanted to see Mignolet see red for some reason.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #1851 on: September 23, 2017, 10:56:32 pm »
Fuck all about Vardys blatent cheating dive....get one of the Johnny foreigners like a Salah or a Mane doing that..cries for a FA investigation

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #1852 on: September 23, 2017, 10:57:03 pm »
Jesus Christ, these "pundits"  ::)

To be fair to Keown, great apes aren't renowned for their great eyesight.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1853 on: September 23, 2017, 10:57:25 pm »
Cannot believe they’ve managed to make out as if it was Leicester who were hard done to. Ridiculous.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline NorthamptonKopite

• Non-
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #1854 on: September 23, 2017, 10:58:09 pm »
Terribly. Usually I enjoy hearing the MOTD pundits discuss our games and they usually are quite fair but that was horrendous. No mention of Okazaki's pull on Mignolet? No mention of the fact Mignolet got the ball?

What planet is he on thinking he should've got a red card.

1. He got the ball
2. It's not dangerous play
3. Vardy's touch took him too far wide to be considered a clear cut opportunity

Biased as fuck

Offline Learpholl

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1855 on: September 23, 2017, 10:58:38 pm »
You could hear the cogs in Keown's brain work to think up an excuse when Lineker brings up the double jeopardy rule. Really wanted to see Mignolet see red for some reason.

Glenn Hoddle was the same during the game, saying Mignolet was lucky to still be on. Not sure they know the rules.

Hoddle also said that Koeman did well not to outcast Niasse. No squad number or even a locker last season, forced to train and play with the U23s. I think that's as frozen out as you can get. It's funny how much drivel comes out of their mouths.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1856 on: September 23, 2017, 11:00:19 pm »
MOTD is really bad these days, honestly wouldn't mind if another free to air channel picked up the highlights when they're next available.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #1857 on: September 23, 2017, 11:00:34 pm »
Neither the commentator not the pundits even mentioned Okazaki pulling on Mignolet for the first goal.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline NorthamptonKopite

• Non-
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #1858 on: September 23, 2017, 11:02:49 pm »
Glenn Hoddle was the same during the game, saying Mignolet was lucky to still be on. Not sure they know the rules.

Hoddle also said that Koeman did well not to outcast Niasse. No squad number or even a locker last season, forced to train and play with the U23s. I think that's as frozen out as you can get. It's funny how much drivel comes out of their mouths.

Part of the problem is their name is so big they don't need to be well informed. Unlike someone who's dream it is to pundit and knows their actual shit, these guys go straight from the boozer to the studio with fuck all prep and just wing it from what they've heard on talk sport on their drive up.

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1859 on: September 23, 2017, 11:03:02 pm »
I'm genuinely reeling from the fact that none of the three pundits or the commentator backed us on ANY of the many poor decisions that went against us today. Even going as far as to say that Mignolet should have been sent off for a challenge he won.

Even by their low, low standards, it's fucking appalling analysis.

Offline Learpholl

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1860 on: September 23, 2017, 11:08:54 pm »
Part of the problem is their name is so big they don't need to be well informed. Unlike someone who's dream it is to pundit and knows their actual shit, these guys go straight from the boozer to the studio with fuck all prep and just wing it from what they've heard on talk sport on their drive up.

It's probably been said loads before but I much, much prefer listening to journalists, the likes of Horncastle and Laurens than ex pros. Fair enough when they give some sort of insight into what it's like on the pitch but that's a rare occurrence really. Funnily enough for all his negatives Michael Owen can occasionally give some good insights when discussing a striker's movement, but as I said it's too rare.

Although I find him a bit pompous, Michael Cox from Zonal Marking could give a better tactical analysis than most of the ex pro pundits. You don't have to play to the game to understand you just need a brain and the time to watch a hell of a lot of it.

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1861 on: September 23, 2017, 11:09:38 pm »
What a shit show. I do have a bit of time for Lineker but can't think of one decent pundit now. I may even, given the chance, punch Murphy before I could punch Vardy.

Offline Rick Sanchez

• Main Stander
« Reply #1862 on: September 23, 2017, 11:31:25 pm »
Fucking hell he actually said that  :lmao

Didn't Koeman say about Niasse last season that if wants to have a future playing football he needs to leave Everton.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #1863 on: September 23, 2017, 11:34:02 pm »
The bastard BBC is fucked, infested with Mancs in Salford Quays. It's football content on screen and online is produced by fucking manc loving scouse hating dilettantes and should be swerved for the good of ones health. Their fucking end is nigh as they will spontaneously combust upon Liverpool's resurgence in to domestic and European dominance once again. Fuck them the shower of c*nts

:wave
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1864 on: September 23, 2017, 11:34:47 pm »

Forgot about the eblow you did at Wigan though Wayne didn't you?

I'm sure nothing was given for that either

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1865 on: September 23, 2017, 11:38:50 pm »
The bastard BBC is fucked, infested with Mancs in Salford Quays. It's football content on screen and online is produced by fucking manc loving scouse hating dilettantes and should be swerved for the good of ones health. Their fucking end is nigh as they will spontaneously combust upon Liverpool's resurgence in to domestic and European dominance once again. Fuck them the shower of c*nts

Tell us what you feel mate.  ;D

They are so disappointed we didn't lose, as they were sensing another loss. Bugger them all.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline swoopy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1866 on: September 23, 2017, 11:39:17 pm »

"Southampton played really well" .. but lets go on to show great Manchester United team play highlights in the analysis of them winning balls back and chasing things down "But Southampton played really well"

Murphy said "I enjoyed watching that". Arse.

Offline socrates the sophist

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #1867 on: September 24, 2017, 01:00:52 am »
Terribly. Usually I enjoy hearing the MOTD pundits discuss our games and they usually are quite fair but that was horrendous. No mention of Okazaki's pull on Mignolet? No mention of the fact Mignolet got the ball?

What planet is he on thinking he should've got a red card.

1. He got the ball
2. It's not dangerous play
3. Vardy's touch took him too far wide to be considered a clear cut opportunity

Biased as fuck

Not to mention that the law changed this year, you cannot send off the goal keeper if he conceded a penalty.
That is what I don't understand honestly, you should at least know the rules if you are paid to be an expert.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1868 on: September 24, 2017, 07:43:56 am »
That Sane goal was nice.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #1869 on: September 24, 2017, 07:48:06 am »
Those 2 last night gave some really shit insight after every game.

What was that Sissoko package all about? Showing him running and not being involved in the slightest in every highlight.

Just bin the analysis off.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1870 on: September 24, 2017, 07:52:14 am »
Vardy is such a twat
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1871 on: September 24, 2017, 08:31:06 am »
Haven't watched MOTD at all this season. 

Judging by all the moaning in here, I'm not missing out much.

I always record it first anyway, so I can skip the "analysis."

It's been going down hill for years.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1872 on: September 24, 2017, 08:32:10 am »
What a shit show. I do have a bit of time for Lineker but can't think of one decent pundit now. I may even, given the chance, punch Murphy before I could punch Vardy.

They are such contradictory bellends. One minute slagging off a player for diving, then slagging off the Swansea defenders for not cleaning out a player and taking a red for the team when Watford scored the winner.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline vietliv

• Audio/video star
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vietmoment
    • Liverpool FC Vietnam Community
« Reply #1873 on: September 24, 2017, 08:53:34 am »
MOTD Full show | Week 6 | Sep 23rd

http://big4.tv/match-of-the-day-2018-week-06-one/

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #1874 on: September 24, 2017, 09:19:07 am »
The coverage and analysis of our match was terrible.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Learpholl

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1875 on: September 24, 2017, 02:07:25 pm »
Not to mention that the law changed this year, you cannot send off the goal keeper if he conceded a penalty.
That is what I don't understand honestly, you should at least know the rules if you are paid to be an expert.

The law is that if a player concedes a penalty in an attempt to play the ball then it's a yellow and a penalty.

However, if a striker is through on goal and the defender pulls his shirt for example then it can be a red too because there was no attempt to play the ball, the defender purely wanted to stop the attacker.

Online Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1876 on: September 24, 2017, 03:56:32 pm »
Was I the only one who cringed when the commentator went like: "Let's see if Mignolet has watched Match of the Day" before the penalty and then: "Saved by Mignolet! He have been watching Gary and the boys"...

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #1877 on: September 25, 2017, 10:04:53 am »
Was I the only one who cringed when the commentator went like: "Let's see if Mignolet has watched Match of the Day" before the penalty and then: "Saved by Mignolet! He have been watching Gary and the boys"...
You were not the only one.
Smug, after the fact, self-congratulatory bollocks.

It's not like we've got a team of analysts or anything.

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #1878 on: September 25, 2017, 10:10:34 am »
Used to wait up for this, but I can't be arsed anymore. Tuned in after Leicester away, but it's just a waste of time. Lineker has to beincredibly frustrated about the platitudes and lack of insight or depth in the analysis. If not, he's part of the problem.

I expect an expert to tell me things I don't know, to teach me something, but everytime I've watched it I've come away with the feeling that I know more than the panel. That ain't right.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #1879 on: September 25, 2017, 11:14:34 pm »

This post has been brought to you by the letters B&T
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'