Author Topic: Ovie Ejaria  (Read 59481 times)

Offline wellred82

• Now considers himself properly educated around the significance of his birthday.....
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Ovie Ejaria - New midfield general
« Reply #160 on: July 28, 2016, 12:14:38 pm »
John Henry is probably licking his lips.... at the prospect of selling him for £50mil a few years from now.

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: July 28, 2016, 12:15:15 pm »
Still feel playing for the first team in the Premierleague would be to much next season , and why he will play with the u21/23 and keep progressing
Maybe we will see him in early cup games ?

I think, he genuinely can contribute to the first team squad, even in training. We need those kinds of players. But, I agree, he needs to play regularly.
If he keeps progressing in this manner, he should be first teamer within a year or two. But, there are a lot of things to develop as well.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: July 28, 2016, 01:08:19 pm »
Do we think a loan will benefit him more at this stage or hanging around with the first team? I dont think he'll get many games once the league starts but he's certainly making people take notice.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: July 28, 2016, 02:30:33 pm »
Do we think a loan will benefit him more at this stage or hanging around with the first team? I dont think he'll get many games once the league starts but he's certainly making people take notice.

He's only 18, so I imagine a loan would probably be in the cards. He's spent all his time in academy football, at Arsenal and here, he needs the first team minutes.

Offline Notfromaroundhere

• Kopite
« Reply #164 on: July 28, 2016, 02:40:23 pm »

He hasn't really established himself at U21/U23 level yet, so I doubt there's any rush to loan him out. Training with the first team and playing regularly for the U23 team should be enough for him this season. Then, who knows, maybe he can get a few games for the first team as well.

Offline JHova2427

• Enjoys a nice bit of halibut and is prepared to get stoned for it. 2427 times.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: July 28, 2016, 03:30:58 pm »
Anyone know how tall he is?  I thought he looked taller prior to last night. 

Offline Lucaspool FC

• Kopite
« Reply #166 on: July 28, 2016, 04:05:10 pm »
There is something about this kid isn't it? Hope he joins the first team squad I think he could do a job playing a few games in PL. Looks very talented.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: July 28, 2016, 04:08:15 pm »
No need to send him out on loan at all. He's still 18, hasn't really much above u18 football. Let him playoff the u23s, pick up some first team minutes here and there and train every week under Klopp. No need to put loads of pressure on him yet.

Offline Carra-ton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: July 28, 2016, 05:52:32 pm »
Didn't know he was in the Arsenal academy. Every Arsenal graduate has such comfort with the ball. Wenger's next batch of youngsters aren't half bad. For all his moaning, Wenger simply earns respect from me for what he has done at Arsenal.
If only he will let go of his stubbornness and sign a striker by spending big, Arsenal can win something.
Back to Ejaria, I think him and Woodburn have looked better on the ball in preseason than most of our seniors.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #169 on: July 28, 2016, 06:15:30 pm »
Looks more impressive with each step up in the level of opposition he faces.

He's surprised me, he clearly had the talent he's showing now when he was playing for the under-18's last season but he could be understandably inconsistent and struggled to assert himself at times.

Given a chance in the first-team, he's had no such problems.  He's been excellent for us in pre-season. 

Offline jboy14

• Kopite
« Reply #170 on: July 28, 2016, 07:59:36 pm »
If he gets to play and performs like that for that in the remaining pre season games, I can seeing making his debut against Arsenal, albeit from the bench.
Of all the unimportant things in life, football is the most important.

Offline SquirrelandGman

• 24 Hour Party People Plastic Face Carnt Smile (White Out)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Shagging a sheep somewhere.
« Reply #171 on: July 28, 2016, 10:28:25 pm »
His vision and close control is really good.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #172 on: July 28, 2016, 10:32:49 pm »
He was a bright spark out there today. His control of the ball is really good and when he has it, you can feel it's going somewhere. Best way I can put it.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 10:34:56 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #173 on: July 28, 2016, 10:56:11 pm »
Some discussion on Twitter by Arsenal fans....

They were very sad to see him go and rated him very highly.

They seemed sure he would make it big (even when I said it was way way too early to see him as a loss to them).

Apparently he left because they signed a lad from Villa in the same position and he wouldn't have had as much game time.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline DaveyLFC8

• Boys Pen
  • Have you turned into a Believer yet??
« Reply #174 on: July 29, 2016, 07:12:41 pm »
Ejaria has been outstanding in all games so far in preseason..........Just a pity he may not get much game time this year, with all the competition for places!
Would a loan move be better for him right now?........possibly.     Would prefer him to stay...........but who would he get in ahead of.....
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 07:14:28 pm by DaveyLFC8 »
"I believe".........Forever Red

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: July 29, 2016, 09:14:38 pm »
Ejaria has been outstanding in all games so far in preseason..........Just a pity he may not get much game time this year, with all the competition for places!
Would a loan move be better for him right now?........possibly.     Would prefer him to stay...........but who would he get in ahead of.....

Stay tuned for more adventures of.......OOOOOOVVVVIIIIEEEE EEEEJJJJJAAAAARRRRRIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #176 on: July 30, 2016, 12:00:52 am »
Tune in next week to witness the drama, the action, the adventure in this continuing saga - "The Ovie Years"!..
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline ENSKIED

• Main Stander
« Reply #177 on: July 30, 2016, 09:44:14 am »
John Henry is probably licking his lips.... at the prospect of selling him for £50mil a few years from now.

The way things are going, by then a "mere" £50 mil will mean he's basically crap.  ;)

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #178 on: July 30, 2016, 10:59:50 am »
Some discussion on Twitter by Arsenal fans....

They were very sad to see him go and rated him very highly.

They seemed sure he would make it big (even when I said it was way way too early to see him as a loss to them).

Apparently he left because they signed a lad from Villa in the same position and he wouldn't have had as much game time.

That's good to hear because you usually get really childish and petty responses from Arsenal fans on twitter when it comes to us.

Offline JustDan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: July 30, 2016, 03:05:54 pm »
He's been great. I remember when he first came to us thinking for some reason that he was an Arsenal academy reject who we got just to make up the numbers, so I was pleasantly surprised when he quickly became one of my favourite players to watch in academy matches.
As good as he's been however, it's hard to see him playing a big part in our season. I'd definitely like him to stay with the team rather than go on loan though. He's still young, he can go on loan next season if he's not established himself as a part of our first team by then.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: July 30, 2016, 03:19:44 pm »
With Wijnaldum, Can, Henderson, Milner and Grujic to contend with, I can't see this lad getting much game time at all this season. Maybe in a very lowly cup game over 2 legs where the tie is effectively over and he'll probably come on as a substitute. He needs a season or two training with the senior lads and to learn the style of play, and then once he's had that he can perhaps push for a spot in the team if he's good enough and developed enough. I don't see him going on loan just yet because invariably these lads only play a handful of games on loan. Its much more useful for him to learn our system and learn to work with Klopp and the other coaches and learn from our senior players and try to develop a niche skill to fit into the team.

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: July 30, 2016, 03:26:43 pm »
Think people need to accept that he has had a great start but needs time to develop with sensible exposure, too much pressure otherwise - hell, he's practically still in his mum's ovieries and some think he is going to take the prem by storm.
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline Severely

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #182 on: July 30, 2016, 03:48:43 pm »
I wouldn't be shocked if this becomes his breakthrough season, considering who our manager is. He plucked 21 year old Shinji Kagawa out of Japan and he lit up the Bundesliga for the first half of the 2010/11 season until he was injured. To replace him, Klopp promoted 18 year old Mario Gotze to the first team and we all know how that went. If Ejaria keeps it up and luck goes his way, he'll get his chance.
HERE LIES JOSE MOURINHO

THE BALL WAS OVER THE LINE

R.I.P.

Offline seal75

• Kopite
« Reply #183 on: July 30, 2016, 06:33:17 pm »
Pep Lijnders has had some good words to say about him today :
"We want offensive aggression," Lijnders said about the youngster. "We don’t want to have a ball percentage of 70, it’s about chances created and that’s how individuals get stimulated in the game context, to constantly take more initiative to move the ball forward in the final third or really create. Ovie is a good example. If you can outplay, you unbalance the defensive line. If you can play quick combinations it tears them apart. If you dominate both then you are really a top player and he dominates both parts."
"Ni pour, ni contre. Bien au contraire!", Coluche.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: July 30, 2016, 06:38:23 pm »
With Wijnaldum, Can, Henderson, Milner and Grujic to contend with, I can't see this lad getting much game time at all this season. Maybe in a very lowly cup game over 2 legs where the tie is effectively over and he'll probably come on as a substitute. He needs a season or two training with the senior lads and to learn the style of play, and then once he's had that he can perhaps push for a spot in the team if he's good enough and developed enough. I don't see him going on loan just yet because invariably these lads only play a handful of games on loan. Its much more useful for him to learn our system and learn to work with Klopp and the other coaches and learn from our senior players and try to develop a niche skill to fit into the team.
Wijnaldum hasn't played a game yet, Henderson is far from undroppable and Milner is a right midfielder.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: July 30, 2016, 10:35:59 pm »
You're adopting the principle that Ejaria could play some games. I am not denying that. What I am pointing out though is that realistically, he is about 5th or 6th choice down on the pecking order. In general, the 5th and 6th choice player (when competing for a very small number of roles) don't usually feature at all unless there are significant injuries to others in the squad. I don't think the reasons why he is 5th or 6th choice and not 1st or 2nd choice need to be particularly spelt out - that should be pretty obvious.

Under the circumstances of more than 1 or 2 CM's becomes injured/suspended/unavaiable, and the remainders are in very poor form, then yes he might play some games. But that's pretty unlikely.

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: July 30, 2016, 10:47:07 pm »
You're adopting the principle that Ejaria could play some games. I am not denying that. What I am pointing out though is that realistically, he is about 5th or 6th choice down on the pecking order. In general, the 5th and 6th choice player (when competing for a very small number of roles) don't usually feature at all unless there are significant injuries to others in the squad. I don't think the reasons why he is 5th or 6th choice and not 1st or 2nd choice need to be particularly spelt out - that should be pretty obvious.

Under the circumstances of more than 1 or 2 CM's becomes injured/suspended/unavaiable, and the remainders are in very poor form, then yes he might play some games. But that's pretty unlikely.
The way I see it is Lucas will probably be sold and Ejaria will be 6th choice behind Can, Henderson, Gini, Milner and Grujic. In a 4-2-3-1, thats not too good. But in a three man midfield, he'll get *some* game time in the cups and cameos here and there due to injuries. He is way too good to be left rotting in the reserves.

Offline NotTooXabi

• Boys Pen
  • We've [had] the best midfield in the world
« Reply #187 on: July 31, 2016, 12:29:34 am »
Anyone know how tall he is?  I thought he looked taller prior to last night.

I had the exact same question. I've seen him listed on a 2014 site as being 180 cm. but, at times, he looks well over 6 feet. I'm curious if I'm going crazy or if he is so skinny that his ranginess becomes an optical illusion.

Offline CoventryYNWA

• Kopite
« Reply #188 on: July 31, 2016, 10:50:54 pm »
Take a look at @oejaria's Tweet: https://twitter.com/oejaria/status/759864001652068352?s=09

"Injuries"

Hopefully not too serious would like to see him push on for a bench place after his pre season and early cup games

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #189 on: August 1, 2016, 08:07:55 am »
Take a look at @oejaria's Tweet: https://twitter.com/oejaria/status/759864001652068352?s=09

"Injuries"

Hopefully not too serious would like to see him push on for a bench place after his pre season and early cup games

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-starlet-ovie-ejaria-faces-11687755

Offline adagara

• Kemlynite
« Reply #190 on: August 1, 2016, 08:21:02 am »
may be Klopp has to regulate his intense training methods, there won't be winter break in the pl.

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #191 on: August 1, 2016, 08:22:55 am »
requires surgery on a groin injury :(

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: August 1, 2016, 10:07:42 am »
requires surgery on a groin injury :(

Groin injuries are a bit of a pain to recover from, literally. Wonder what caused it...

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: August 1, 2016, 10:10:41 am »
Gutted for the lad, hopefully he's not out too long.
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline Carra-ton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: August 1, 2016, 10:10:41 am »
Another player injured. Granted, he isn't a senior team member, but still questions will soon arise about Klopp's training intensity.
Wenger, does the same, year in year out, and has most of his squad out injured, always.
We don't want to be going down that line.
Hopefully, we stay injury free, further ahead. But, a kind of pattern with training based injuries is coming to the fore, it seems.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: August 1, 2016, 10:11:44 am »
Another player injured. Granted, he isn't a senior team member, but still questions will soon arise about Klopp's training intensity.
Wenger, does the same, year in year out, and has most of his squad out injured, always.
Hopefully, we stay injury free, further ahead. But, a kind of pattern with training based injuries is coming to the fore, it seems.

Here we go...

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #196 on: August 1, 2016, 10:14:58 am »

We have a new fitness team here this summer - how many have experienced training injuries so far? And how does that compare to not only other teams during pre-season but our past (non-Klopp) pre-seasons?

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #197 on: August 1, 2016, 10:15:53 am »
It wuz Klopp's training methods that broke Karius' hand too.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #198 on: August 1, 2016, 10:32:46 am »
It wuz Klopp's training methods that broke Karius' hand too.

And Grujic's head.

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
« Reply #199 on: August 1, 2016, 10:38:46 am »
Wenger injury prone are the ones that break down. Plenty of others go through the season fine.

Andreas Kornmayer managed the fitness of Bayern Munich and Klopp was very impressed with how that team was running to the end of matches throughout the season and did very well with injuries.

Players will always get injured at times. Doesn't mean there's something wrong with the training regime.
You try me once you beg for more.