Author Topic: Brendan Rodgers  (Read 214855 times)

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: Brendan Rodgers- New Celtic manager
« Reply #1720 on: September 4, 2017, 12:03:22 pm »
Quotes always get pulled from autobiographies. Can see where he's coming from on the first one, doesn't alter the fact that the standard is far worse in Scotland so of course Celtic are expected to win every game.

The last point is true as well. 08/09 we probably had a better balanced side but we were playing catch up with United from January onwards. Never felt the belief we would win it like 13/14.

I won't be reading the book, not arsed with most football autobiographies, and specially if the writer is still active so to speak. Inevitably there will be headline grabbing quotes but best not to get too worked up by them I reckon.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #1721 on: September 4, 2017, 12:03:34 pm »
Is it okay to say now that the whole David Brent thing was fucking spot on?

So quick to praise himself and take credit for everything. The Sterling one really annoyed me at the time too, academy spends years developing him and then along comes Brendan implying he could hardly kick a ball before he got his hands on him.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1722 on: September 4, 2017, 12:10:09 pm »
With Liverpool you can go away from home and draw and that’s OK. But Celtic, you have to win every game. It’s a different pressure.

When praised during the Q&A session by a Liverpool supporter in the crowd in Belfast - “they don’t know how lucky they are,” the Scouser said – Rodgers said: “Thank you.

“I came as close as anyone there to the holy grail of winning the league. That season, with the fans, it was special.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brendan-rodgers-special-draining-liverpool-13568553

Errrm.
Errrm what? He's right. A point away at the other big clubs in the PL is rarely a bad result.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #1723 on: September 4, 2017, 12:14:21 pm »
There is a difference in many things. Standard in Scotland is shite, if you're in the CL group stage you should be hammering Inverness, the Dundees and Hamilton Academical every week anyway. But the goal for Liverpool is to win the Premier League (whether we actually can or not) and you have to have a better attitude than 'a draw away is ok'. What does that make 6-1 at Stoke?

Offline Zee_26

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1724 on: September 4, 2017, 12:18:44 pm »
I guess Rodgers has never seen the main forum after we've drawn a game  ;D.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1725 on: September 4, 2017, 12:22:16 pm »
There is a difference in many things. Standard in Scotland is shite, if you're in the CL group stage you should be hammering Inverness, the Dundees and Hamilton Academical every week anyway. But the goal for Liverpool is to win the Premier League (whether we actually can or not) and you have to have a better attitude than 'a draw away is ok'. What does that make 6-1 at Stoke?
Of course the standard is different in Scotland and Celtic are miles ahead, that's the point he's making.
What does the 6-1 got to do with it? I never heard him say that was acceptable. He was shattered after that game and clearly embarrassed.

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1726 on: September 4, 2017, 01:01:33 pm »
*Sigh*

Can someone please explain why people are constantly looking for things to get upset about. Read the article, and the quote about having to win every game is perfectly reasonable.

“But I had come out of one of the biggest institutions in the world and I had to find that pressure again. I’ve got that now"

It's obvious what he means. So either people are too lazy to read past the one small quote (or headline etc.), which some obviously are as everything needs to be in 140 character format for them to pay attention. Or, and in what seemingly is the case, there's a section that just what to be upset. Half read something, try and find some sort of slight against Liverpool and then vent.

Can we all not grow up? There's a lunatic as president in America at the moment because of this type of attitude.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #1727 on: September 4, 2017, 03:10:55 pm »
I guess Rodgers has never seen the main forum after we've drawn a game  ;D.

Or after playing Real Madrid in the Champions League with a B side...
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1728 on: September 4, 2017, 10:27:08 pm »
With Liverpool you can go away from home and draw and that’s OK. But Celtic, you have to win every game. It’s a different pressure.

When praised during the Q&A session by a Liverpool supporter in the crowd in Belfast - “they don’t know how lucky they are,” the Scouser said – Rodgers said: “Thank you.

“I came as close as anyone there to the holy grail of winning the league. That season, with the fans, it was special.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brendan-rodgers-special-draining-liverpool-13568553

Errrm.

Absolutely nothing wrong with this. Anyone looking to pick faults in it is simply a bad bellend
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline IndianRed

• Legacy Fan
  • Derp Derp
« Reply #1729 on: September 5, 2017, 03:04:16 am »

A 'B' side that actually played a darn sight better than our 'A' side who got crushed 3-0 at home within the first half itself.

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1730 on: September 5, 2017, 03:07:52 am »
The fume he causes for basic statements is friggin weird.

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1731 on: September 5, 2017, 04:14:32 am »
*Sigh*

Can someone please explain why people are constantly looking for things to get upset about. Read the article, and the quote about having to win every game is perfectly reasonable.

It's obvious what he means. So either people are too lazy to read past the one small quote (or headline etc.), which some obviously are as everything needs to be in 140 character format for them to pay attention. Or, and in what seemingly is the case, there's a section that just what to be upset. Half read something, try and find some sort of slight against Liverpool and then vent.

Can we all not grow up? There's a lunatic as president in America at the moment because of this type of attitude.

Insert Orson Welles clapping gif here..
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1732 on: September 5, 2017, 05:18:01 am »
Isn't he a bit young to release an autobiography? A lot of things can still happen in his career. Wait at least till your mid 60s.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #1733 on: September 5, 2017, 05:46:37 am »
A 'B' side that actually played a darn sight better than our 'A' side who got crushed 3-0 at home within the first half itself.

With Lucas in midfield with a teenager (Rossiter).
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1734 on: September 5, 2017, 08:47:16 am »
Let's no forget we were done over because of Henderson's red against City.

No red we win the league - Brendan can't be faulted for that.
Don't know about that

Thw thng that anoyed people was he then went straight back to the 'A side', which meant he wasn't really goig fr the win in a CL game
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #1735 on: September 5, 2017, 09:41:15 am »

Did we even  have a "B" side back then?

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1736 on: September 6, 2017, 06:56:34 am »
This popped up in my youtube feed ... holy smokes this is the most cringeworthy thing I've ever watched. And the comments in youtube ... dear Lord, don't know whether to laugh or cry ...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/WX8dM_pZC7M" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/WX8dM_pZC7M</a>
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline CallumLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1737 on: September 6, 2017, 09:21:54 am »
One of the comments on the video  :D

'Yes, always trust your family at home.. unless of course you leave them to chase after a younger broad.'

Offline Zee_26

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1738 on: September 6, 2017, 04:22:57 pm »
The only good thing that came out of Being Liverpool was the Ayre and his Harley meme.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1739 on: September 6, 2017, 06:21:31 pm »
You can only trust one person, yourself. You can also trust every member of your extended family and 40,000 fans in the stadium.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1740 on: September 6, 2017, 06:35:00 pm »
This popped up in my youtube feed ... holy smokes this is the most cringeworthy thing I've ever watched. And the comments in youtube ... dear Lord, don't know whether to laugh or cry ...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/WX8dM_pZC7M" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/WX8dM_pZC7M</a>

;D

I like this one more https://youtu.be/Dsd39roJzu4
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline fredfrop

• 19*
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1741 on: September 6, 2017, 07:28:15 pm »
The only good thing that came out of Being Liverpool was the Ayre and his Harley meme.
Carra pissing hisself at the yoga too.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1742 on: September 6, 2017, 07:30:04 pm »

Jesus christ.

Being Liverpool was a disaster.

Offline archie

• bald. Our man in Moscow. And a bloody decent chap. MIA, last seen babysitting.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • you're due a duechers
« Reply #1743 on: September 6, 2017, 07:37:11 pm »
Jesus christ.

Indeed it was.

Sad that it's fans of Liverpool bringing it up again just to get their digs in.

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1744 on: September 6, 2017, 08:05:43 pm »
Indeed it was.

So true.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1745 on: September 6, 2017, 08:42:26 pm »
Not sure "fans" is the most apt description for them.

The kind of bellends who'd join in with mancs and evertonians on social media slagging him off. Utter wankstains.

Offline 10 years on

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1746 on: September 6, 2017, 09:30:03 pm »
People need to lighten up, that was fucking hilarious

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1747 on: September 6, 2017, 11:47:25 pm »
Indeed it was.

Oh come on, lighten up!! Nobody is having a dig ... Brendan came up with some real pearlers. That bit about only trusting yourself, and then a sentence later saying you can also trust millions of supporters and your entire family, Aunty Beth and Uncle Barry was hilarious. Doesn't make you any less of a supporter for being able to have a laugh at yourself.

Brendan was a great manager for us and that season will live long in my memory. I think he has an amazing future in the game and he has my utmost respect.

That aside, I still love having a chuckle at some of the beauties he came out with. Beautiful human being.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1748 on: September 7, 2017, 01:33:02 am »
Oh come on, lighten up!! Nobody is having a dig ... Brendan came up with some real pearlers. That bit about only trusting yourself, and then a sentence later saying you can also trust millions of supporters and your entire family, Aunty Beth and Uncle Barry was hilarious. Doesn't make you any less of a supporter for being able to have a laugh at yourself.

Brendan was a great manager for us and that season will live long in my memory. I think he has an amazing future in the game and he has my utmost respect.

That aside, I still love having a chuckle at some of the beauties he came out with. Beautiful human being.

Thanks for saying it Keith.
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1749 on: September 7, 2017, 05:39:13 am »
The fume he causes for basic statements is friggin weird.
It's bizarre, people nitpick everything the man says, he's a genuine fella and never ever has shown the club, the city, or the fans anything but the utmost respect.

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #1750 on: September 7, 2017, 06:28:33 am »
I find it a bit odd how some I know still get annoyed at the mere mention of his name. I can only think it's because he's not called Kenny or Rafa.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #1751 on: September 7, 2017, 12:18:31 pm »
Being Liverpool wasn't a disaster. It had Dave Kirby reciting poetry.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #1752 on: September 7, 2017, 02:15:00 pm »
Jesus christ.

Ugh why are people dragging that up. I was hoping we could all just quietly forget about it and pretend it never happened..

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #1753 on: September 7, 2017, 03:05:56 pm »
Ugh why are people dragging that up. I was hoping we could all just quietly forget about it and pretend it never happened..

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/69lKCyYvzy8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/69lKCyYvzy8</a>
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1754 on: September 7, 2017, 03:57:04 pm »

I've just about managed to do so re Hodgsons time at Liverpool.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Online tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #1755 on: September 7, 2017, 05:51:45 pm »
If you insult Being Liverpool again you'll be on the first plane back..
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #1756 on: September 23, 2017, 10:25:52 pm »
By my count that is 56 games unbeaten for Celtic against Scots opposition under Rodgers. 60 unbeaten against British opposition (City and Linfield).

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #1757 on: September 23, 2017, 10:27:53 pm »
By my count that is 56 games unbeaten for Celtic against Scots opposition under Rodgers. 60 unbeaten against British opposition (City and Linfield).

Do Lincoln Red Imps not count? ;)
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1758 on: September 23, 2017, 10:29:29 pm »
Crazy really, one team league bla bla but it’s still mightily impressive, there’s been times when they’ve had injuries and had both Dembele and Griffiths out, tired after Europe and what not, probably a bit bored/unmotivated but still get it done. Got to appreciate that especially when you see our struggles v bum teams at times!

That said if they lose in the week the criticism will come, massive game for them.

Online tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #1759 on: September 24, 2017, 01:18:11 am »
I rate him quite high, but I rate anyone who can get an attack going really well highly because I think it's one of the hardest things in management. He could be in with a shout for a biggish team when he does come back to England, maybe Spurs when Poch leaves, or Everton as Koeman's replacement if that weren't impossible for obvious reasons.
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light