Author Topic: Augsburg Away - 18th Feb  (Read 84340 times)

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Augsburg Away - 18th Feb
« Reply #200 on: January 22, 2016, 06:15:48 pm »
Jesus Max that is the longest post i've ever seen you post :o

Never been called Jesus before. ;D

Offline suttonoot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #201 on: January 22, 2016, 06:35:37 pm »
got 6 credits for me and  the mrs , she aint going to Augsburg so I am hoping to transfer a ticket to her brothers name , hope its allowed as that's the way I have read the notice , should go down to 5 or 6 I hope

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #202 on: January 22, 2016, 06:44:40 pm »
This will be stage one.  Not changing the way they sell too much but perhaps discouraging a few from buying who have no intention of going, which means more for new supporters to go.  If you don't turn up and pick the ticket up then you lose the credit.

Seems fair to me and as I say, this will be stage one.

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: January 22, 2016, 06:50:54 pm »
This will be stage one.  Not changing the way they sell too much but perhaps discouraging a few from buying who have no intention of going, which means more for new supporters to go.  If you don't turn up and pick the ticket up then you lose the credit.

Do you honestly not think that those who want to credit hunt, will not just contact those who are going looking for spares and get their names and therefore those looking for spares get one and those credit hunting keep hunting

Be surprised if it knocks more than 50 credit hunters out. As every single credit hunter will know at least one looking for spares and will let them get them in Augsburg

The only way this was any use was making them totally non transferable

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #204 on: January 22, 2016, 07:17:36 pm »
This will be the first stage, they are clearly feeling this out.  And even one less credit hunter / tout makes this a worthwhile exercise as a start as that means one more genuine fan goes.

Secondly how many times is our end full? Very rarely so the credit hunter will have to find someone who actually will go or lose the credit.

It's a start and a good start

Offline stevejd63

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #205 on: January 22, 2016, 07:49:49 pm »
Think it's a great idea and sensible by the club. They will know that a lot will have booked up hoping to use other people's tickets. It wouldn't be fair on them, there's quite a few on here that would have missed out if they made it non transferable.

The club can now monitor this and if they do it for the rest of the season the people that haven't attended any themselves will be found out.
While the supporter that passes on the odd ticket to a mate should be fine. What's not to like.

As for the allocation, it was bound to be less. This is one of the biggest games Augsberg have had for years. They are going to keep as many as they can. Doubt it's anything to do with Liverpool
How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #206 on: January 22, 2016, 07:53:23 pm »
We had most from previous seasons but few from last year - enough for Bordeaux but that is all so far. All booked for this and a friend will pass his over as his son is in New Zealand this year but think I might really struggle going forward :(

Just hope this works but can see problems as others have said

As for not booking travel til you know you have a tkt - that is just ridiculous given how they announce things
We are a team of one half.

Offline Paullfc95

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: January 22, 2016, 08:07:44 pm »
I hope there's some sort of provision for selling any uncollected tickets when we get over there however few of them there are.

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: January 22, 2016, 09:02:06 pm »
Think it's a great idea and sensible by the club. They will know that a lot will have booked up hoping to use other people's tickets. It wouldn't be fair on them, there's quite a few on here that would have missed out if they made it non transferable.

The club can now monitor this and if they do it for the rest of the season the people that haven't attended any themselves will be found out.
While the supporter that passes on the odd ticket to a mate should be fine. What's not to like.

As for the allocation, it was bound to be less. This is one of the biggest games Augsberg have had for years. They are going to keep as many as they can. Doubt it's anything to do with Liverpool

What a totally deluded post.

The club are allowing credit hunters to move their tickets on to others and keep their credit.

So there is nothing to monitor as the club are encouraging it.

Offline redman1974

• Legacy Fan
  • scottkop105 on twitter My new number 07511165355
« Reply #209 on: January 22, 2016, 09:17:48 pm »
I wonder how long it will be before this happens at aways in this country. That will be carnage

Online ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #210 on: January 22, 2016, 09:21:23 pm »
Liverpool r ridiculous, the whole reason the club should have a collection point in Augsburg is so fans who go to all the games themselves get priority.

the fact that you can build up your credits by passing it on (endorsed by the club)  :no  liverpool fc, you are joke. all the club thinks about is there pockets not the fans

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #211 on: January 22, 2016, 09:37:06 pm »
Hopefully those with Sion will be guaranteed a ticket for this.

Offline Mattj1979

• Main Stander
« Reply #212 on: January 22, 2016, 09:46:02 pm »
Imagine the fume on this thread from all those that have booked flights etc to find out their ticket is in a different 'non transferable' name.

Bottom line is LFC know that there are a shitload of people in possession of cards that aren't in their own name. I.e. Season tickets handed down through families etc. These aren't touts or credit hunters in the main.

The way they have worked this will certainly deter touts and credit hunters, rather than penalise genuine fans with cards that aren't in their name.

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #213 on: January 22, 2016, 09:46:21 pm »

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #214 on: January 22, 2016, 10:06:38 pm »
Hopefully those with Sion will be guaranteed a ticket for this.

Have you got Bordeaux away?

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: January 22, 2016, 10:19:48 pm »
One way to feed back,,,,
http://telluswhatyouthink-sport.com/s/liverpool-fc-match-tickets/

Agenda driven by the club testing the water for the abolition of loyalty for members.

Offline Dhlfc92

• Main Stander
« Reply #216 on: January 22, 2016, 10:21:17 pm »
I've got Udinese, basel Real Madrid ludogorets Beşiktaş bordeaux ... So should be sorted imagine anyone else with that lot will also be sound. See a few left on 5.

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #217 on: January 22, 2016, 10:23:40 pm »
Agenda driven by the club testing the water for the abolition of loyalty for members.

Possibly, hence there is no harm completing it. Not sayiing the current system is perfect but yu can suggest improvements. If you don't say....

Offline Mad Max

• Boys Pen
« Reply #218 on: January 22, 2016, 10:24:22 pm »
I've got Udinese, basel Real Madrid ludogorets Beşiktaş bordeaux ... So should be sorted imagine anyone else with that lot will also be sound. See a few left on 5.

Yes I've got all them.

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #219 on: January 22, 2016, 11:05:26 pm »
Hate having to take my ST abroad. If you have your passport I don't see the need for it, esp as it says "where they have one" - so if they don't it doesn't matter? Joke

Offline Mad Max

• Boys Pen
« Reply #220 on: January 22, 2016, 11:07:29 pm »
Hate having to take my ST abroad. If you have your passport I don't see the need for it, esp as it says "where they have one" - so if they don't it doesn't matter? Joke

And if you manage to lose your ST abroad, our club will charge you £10 for the replacement.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #221 on: January 22, 2016, 11:13:35 pm »
Wonder if the buyer will still get the credit if the ticket is passed on ?

Should be that the person who it gets passed to receives the credit if they provide their membership card while out there.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #222 on: January 22, 2016, 11:18:29 pm »

Should be that the person who it gets passed to receives the credit if they provide their membership card while out there.
That's not the point of this though. The point of this is if you buy the ticket whether for yourself or someone else it MUST be used. Whereas previously people could just buy a ticket and not have to turn up or even bother selling it. Bestikas last year is a prime example of this, 4000 sold...500 at most turn up. Nowm if you/someone else don't collect the ticket...you don't get the credit. That's the big difference.
This is true as well. Would be a slight improvement at least.

Also could be 2-3 people who always use the one card and dish it out dependent on who can make it.

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: January 22, 2016, 11:53:42 pm »
It's annoying this, there was no scramble for tickets when 400 of us went to Hell (Galatasaray away) and you knew eveyone over there, Bucharest when it absolutely lashed it down and there was no shelter in the ground and other European aways when we took small allocations years ago and it was the same faces. These tickets going to corporates are a disgrace.

totally agree as i said to someone before LFC closing the stable door after the horse has bolted they and we all knew about buying for credits for god knows how long, if they had managed this correctly over the years we wouldnt be in this situation ludogorets, Beşiktaş bordeaux all in the last 12 months probably no more than 600/700 of us there yet thousands of tickets they sold knowing full well whats going on but instead of making collection at these place where not many actually there they do it at a popular one and then fucking make a joke of the collection by saying as long as the person buying the tickets says who is collecting it and takes a fucking fan card they can have a ticket! how is that gonna stop this shit i've already been offered 3 tickets by people not going saying theyll give me fuckin letters absolute joke of a club

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #224 on: January 22, 2016, 11:55:40 pm »
totally agree as i said to someone before LFC closing the stable door after the horse has bolted they and we all knew about buying for credits for god knows how long, if they had managed this correctly over the years we wouldnt be in this situation ludogorets, Beşiktaş bordeaux all in the last 12 months probably no more than 600/700 of us there yet thousands of tickets they sold knowing full well whats going on but instead of making collection at these place where not many actually there they do it at a popular one and then fucking make a joke of the collection by saying as long as the person buying the tickets says who is collecting it and takes a fucking fan card they can have a ticket! how is that gonna stop this shit i've already been offered 3 tickets by people not going saying theyll give me fuckin letters absolute joke of a club

Completely agree.

If you produce your own fancard with the same name as the passport at the collection, the person there should get the credit IMO.

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: January 23, 2016, 07:35:56 am »
Quote from: sonofkenny link=topic=324660.msg14416921#msg14416921 date=1453488280

[/quote

how is that gonna stop this shit i've already been offered 3 tickets by people not going saying theyll give me fuckin letters absolute joke of a club

Point proven already Son of Kenny

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #226 on: January 23, 2016, 08:13:24 am »
Yes I have those as well as Young Boys and Sion.

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #227 on: January 23, 2016, 08:14:31 am »
Have you got Bordeaux away?
Yes mate.

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #228 on: January 23, 2016, 08:24:28 am »
Point proven already Son of Kenny

Perhaps but only if they can find someone to go.  If I was a betting man this will see more new people going on their own loyalty and probably a larger number of people losing loyalty as no one turned up to collect.

Oh and the club will know who the credit hunters are, this is will just highlight who potential touts are and those who don't go to the game.   It gives the club the evidence and builds and easy case for changes.

If you think this is the end game, then you are mistaken.

The club needed to do something about away games and this is the first salvo.

Whether you agree or not with it I think they have been quite clever here.

And to be clear I am an away traveller and this will affect me.

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: January 23, 2016, 09:08:56 am »
Perhaps but only if they can find someone to go.  If I was a betting man this will see more new people going on their own loyalty and probably a larger number of people losing loyalty as no one turned up to collect.

Oh and the club will know who the credit hunters are, this is will just highlight who potential touts are and those who don't go to the game.   It gives the club the evidence and builds and easy case for changes.

Maybe so, and the above is one story. How many more times do you think that is repeated. 

Would've been far easier to start at Bordeaux.

The club should've announced the intention to trial this at some point way before this, even before the draw. They then could've made the tickets totally non transferable, as those wanting spares wouldn't have risked travelling.

But as ever they come up with a half baked idea

This won't drop past 6/7 credits end the credit hunters will have theirs sorted. Then the credit hunters are more likely to go as the tournament progresses. So then they end up with 9/10 from last two seasons.

Then there's the possibility we don't even make Europe next season, if that happens do you think the club will be bothered trying to check what happened in this, not a chance
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 09:10:44 am by Tiz Lad »

Offline Kop202

• Main Stander
« Reply #230 on: January 23, 2016, 09:49:02 am »
A sensible first step in the right direction.

Ultimately tickets should be non transferable. Contrary to domestic away games there are normally (yes, not always) enough tickets available for the number of people travelling. So anyone who wants to travels should get a ticket. It is a ridiculous situation that fans who have been to several euro away game don't have them recorded on their own fan cards and the away ends are half empty

Changing the system in the middle of the season is not easy though,  also considering people have already made travel arrangements. So allowing tickets to be transferred this time is a reasonable compromise. It also addresses the issue that our away end is normally half empty, because there is no benefit any longer to just buy a ticket for credit and then let it go to waste.

It is not a perfect solution, but at least the club is trying to address the problem.

Offline Mad Max

• Boys Pen
« Reply #231 on: January 23, 2016, 09:54:12 am »
Yes I have those as well as Young Boys and Sion.

I've not got Sion or Kazan.

Most of our lot that go the European aways have been going for years and are struggling to get tickets, it's the same for the low allocations in the FA Cup.

Offline Mad Max

• Boys Pen
« Reply #232 on: January 23, 2016, 09:54:52 am »
Yes mate.

You're sorted for a ticket.

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #233 on: January 23, 2016, 10:43:21 am »
I've not got Sion or Kazan.

Most of our lot that go the European aways have been going for years and are struggling to get tickets, it's the same for the low allocations in the FA Cup.
It was a joke that those went to Kazan automatically qualified for a Sion ticket.

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: January 23, 2016, 11:43:34 am »
It was a joke that those went to Kazan automatically qualified for a Sion ticket.
That annoyed me as well. Whilst I accept that most who went to Kazan probably go pretty much everywhere, there will be some who only went to that. In theory someone who went to 6 or 7 of the previous 9 (including 2 Russian trips and Istanbul) got fucked off for someone who only went Kazan.

Offline Mad Max

• Boys Pen
« Reply #235 on: January 23, 2016, 11:59:08 am »

Exactly!

Offline ic843

• Choose Everton
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cally's heroes
« Reply #236 on: January 23, 2016, 12:12:36 pm »
I can't believe how many people on here are happy about having to take time out of their trip to go and collect tickets off a club official. I've been to loads of euro always where we've arrived in the match city not long before kick off. Now my travel plans will be dictated by the club.

I've been to pretty much every euro away other than the three in Russia since my first in Marseille 07. My season ticket is in my wife's uncle's name so for every away from now on I will have to do all this name change letter of authorisation bullshit, and if like some idiots on here are saying this is 'the first step' in finding out who is regularly not using a ticket in their own name then it won't be long till I am fucked off.

There are far too many ticketing zealots on here who are more arsed about credit hunters getting fucked off than they are about enjoying themselves and not getting told what to do and hearded like sheep  by the idiotic, self important no-marks who control our ticket office.

Pathetic
Taylor Report 278 ""It is fair to say that over many years the South Yorkshire Police have given excellent service to the public...Unforunately, their policing on April 15 broke down in the ways described, and although there were other causes, the main reason for the disaster was the failure of police control."
BOYCOTT THE S*N

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: January 23, 2016, 12:20:45 pm »

im glad they are doing it those of us that actually go will end up better of for it, but they are going about it a stupid way, firstly they should have been doing it earlier for likes of bordeaux Beşiktaş etc when only around 400-500 of us bothered to go yet the sold all tickets, and secondly they shouldnt be offering you to name someone else to be able to get your ticket the club bang on about tickets being non transferable to others but are now chaging the rules when it fits them

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #238 on: January 23, 2016, 12:54:59 pm »
There are far too many ticketing zealots on here who are more arsed about credit hunters getting fucked off than they are about enjoying themselves and not getting told what to do and hearded like sheep  by the idiotic, self important no-marks who control our ticket office.

Pathetic
How are the two of those things mutually exclusive?

The credit hunting is beyond a joke now. If people attend games regularly they should be getting the credits themselves. It's not like anyone on here was consulted in regards to how the new system would take place and I think most would sympathise with the position this now puts you in. But it's symptomatic of how the situation has been allowed to get to this stage.

Perhaps your uncle could list 3-4 people who often go on that fancard to solve the letter issue every time. Turn up, your passport matches one of the 3/4 names - sorted. As you go regularly that would solve that - obviously picking the ticket up would still be a ballache I can understand that, but something needs to be done to be honest.

Edit: The whole thing is a little bit like Goldenballs. There is no incentive not to steal/credit hunt as you are at a disadvantage if everyone else steals/credit hunts.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 12:56:40 pm by Hij »

Offline Mattj1979

• Main Stander
« Reply #239 on: January 23, 2016, 01:33:15 pm »

I can't believe how many people on here are happy about having to take time out of their trip to go and collect tickets off a club official. I've been to loads of euro always where we've arrived in the match city not long before kick off. Now my travel plans will be dictated by the club.

I've been to pretty much every euro away other than the three in Russia since my first in Marseille 07. My season ticket is in my wife's uncle's name so for every away from now on I will have to do all this name change letter of authorisation bullshit, and if like some idiots on here are saying this is 'the first step' in finding out who is regularly not using a ticket in their own name then it won't be long till I am fucked off.

Pathetic

Well said