Author Topic: Bundesliga Thread  (Read 1064526 times)

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Re: Bundesliga Thread
« Reply #3720 on: September 23, 2017, 12:55:26 am »
What do you make of Zagadou? He only turned 18 a few months ago but he seems to have earned the trust of Bosz already.

He's looked a bit out of place on that left side, mostly cos he's so tall, so it looks a bit odd :D   He's done ok at left back, considering he a central defender, deserves a lot of credit really, cos he's jumped right in as a youngster in a new league and held his own in a rather unfamiliar role.  Not let 'em down at all, and of course the team is so confident now, so that can but help him.

He kinda got into the first 11 by default cos of Schmelzer and Guerreiro being hurt. But I think he could be a really good long term option for them in central defence. Another youngster leaving PSG to get first team football, he's gone to the right club it seems!

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #3721 on: September 23, 2017, 01:21:49 am »
Only watching this on replay; and really because of Origi playing. Looking forward to the 2nd half given I've been "leaked" the score🤔

Wolfsburg are a decent team with a huge inferiority complex where BM are concerned. Even so, BM are a shadow of the team of 4 years ago.

Finally, I have to say (and it's a personal prejudice going back a long time) that there ought to be a special law where Arjen Robben is concerned; kicking him (and seeing him writhing in agony) should not carry the same punishment as kicking normal players with normal pain thresholds.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3722 on: September 23, 2017, 02:45:46 pm »
Only watching this on replay; and really because of Origi playing. Looking forward to the 2nd half given I've been "leaked" the score🤔

Wolfsburg are a decent team with a huge inferiority complex where BM are concerned. Even so, BM are a shadow of the team of 4 years ago.

Finally, I have to say (and it's a personal prejudice going back a long time) that there ought to be a special law where Arjen Robben is concerned; kicking him (and seeing him writhing in agony) should not carry the same punishment as kicking normal players with normal pain thresholds.

I have a love - hate thing going on with Robben, I love how he's still playing so well at such a level, and on form he's still great to watch, but he is so hateable :D So I get both sides!

Hoffenheim take an early lead vs Schalke, good goal too from the youngster Geiger.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #3723 on: September 23, 2017, 02:50:53 pm »
He has always seemed like a great snide Robben, a very good player. But I always feel I want to slap him when I watch him play. Another thing I've noticed on the odd occasion when I actually want him to do something, he usually has an off day. That so winds me up.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3724 on: September 23, 2017, 02:53:00 pm »
He's looked a bit out of place on that left side, mostly cos he's so tall, so it looks a bit odd :D   He's done ok at left back, considering he a central defender, deserves a lot of credit really, cos he's jumped right in as a youngster in a new league and held his own in a rather unfamiliar role.  Not let 'em down at all, and of course the team is so confident now, so that can but help him.

He kinda got into the first 11 by default cos of Schmelzer and Guerreiro being hurt. But I think he could be a really good long term option for them in central defence. Another youngster leaving PSG to get first team football, he's gone to the right club it seems!

Thanks, I appreciate that.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3725 on: September 23, 2017, 03:09:48 pm »
2 goals & 2 assists for Jean-Kevin Augustin to start the season. Good signing by Leipzig.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3726 on: September 23, 2017, 03:44:58 pm »
Schalke have actually been fairly impressive, even though they're losing.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3727 on: September 23, 2017, 04:24:15 pm »
A fairly uneventful afternoon of Bundesliga footie. Nagelsmann's excellent work at Hoffenheim continues apace as they go top of the league for at least a few hours. Mainz got a much needed victory against Hertha BSC and Leipzig returned to winning ways against Frankfurt. Freiburg v Werder and Stuttgart v Augsburg both finished goalless.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3728 on: September 23, 2017, 04:25:05 pm »
A fairly uneventful afternoon of Bundesliga footie. Nagelsmann's excellent work at Hoffenheim continues apace as they go top of the league for at least a few hours. Mainz got a much needed victory against Hertha BSC and Leipzig returned to winning ways against Frankfurt. Freiburg v Werder and Stuttgart v Augsburg both finished goalless.

Gerry we've been connected with a couple of Bundesliga players this week, how have they done?

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3729 on: September 23, 2017, 04:26:44 pm »
Gerry we've been connected with a couple of Bundesliga players this week, how have they done?

Haven't been following closely, which players are they?

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3730 on: September 23, 2017, 04:42:37 pm »
Werner should be top of the strikers list for Liverpool next summer, an absolute class player, he's gonna blow up in the next season or two, like them or loathe them, Leipzeg certainly have a great eye for talent.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #3731 on: September 23, 2017, 04:48:46 pm »
Köln desperately needed a result tomorrow. Augsburg have made the most of their 'easier' start.

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3732 on: September 23, 2017, 05:02:10 pm »
Werner should be top of the strikers list for Liverpool next summer, an absolute class player, he's gonna blow up in the next season or two, like them or loathe them, Leipzeg certainly have a great eye for talent.

He'll go to Bayern.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3733 on: September 23, 2017, 05:18:51 pm »
Lewandowski only 28 though, don't Bayern only play with one main striker?, could they afford him?(yes I know they're rich but couldn't compete with PL fees).

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3734 on: September 23, 2017, 06:18:37 pm »
2 goals & 2 assists for Jean-Kevin Augustin to start the season. Good signing by Leipzig.

he's looking a real talent that boy.

Dortmund are wiping the floor with Gladbach. 3-0 at half time. Not only are they never going to concede again, they aren't going to lose again either :lmao   

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3735 on: September 23, 2017, 06:53:01 pm »
he's looking a real talent that boy.

Dortmund are wiping the floor with Gladbach. 3-0 at half time. Not only are they never going to concede again, they aren't going to lose again either :lmao

Auba just got his hattrick. Looking a force right now.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3736 on: September 23, 2017, 07:26:02 pm »
well they did concede!

Auba just got his hattrick. Looking a force right now.

Indeed! No bugger is stopping Dortmund anytime soon in the league. I'm not giving Real Madrid much of a chance either.

Offline Rick Sanchez

• Main Stander
« Reply #3737 on: September 23, 2017, 08:21:28 pm »
Max Phillip  8)

Dortmund had been missing a player like Phillip because of Reus's injury problems.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3738 on: September 23, 2017, 10:41:51 pm »
Max Philipp looks like an absolute world beater in this Dortmund side. Excellent scouting from Dortmund.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 10:43:27 pm by Gerry Attrick »

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #3739 on: September 24, 2017, 10:28:52 am »
Get Timo in, LFC. Parade him with Keita next summer.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3740 on: September 24, 2017, 02:13:25 pm »
Max Philipp looks like an absolute world beater in this Dortmund side. Excellent scouting from Dortmund.

he looks great for sure, fits in easily.

I love how they just aren't missing Dembele for a single second, and look a far better team without him.

I don't normally listen to all the bullshit chit-chat before games, but Eric Wynalda made a point I agree with about (one of the many) differences in Tuchel amd Bosz, is that likely by this point he'd already have dropped Philipp and changed the team around a number of times :D It's amazing how a supremely talented squad can play when they are allowed to.

Hannover 96 vs FC Köln coming up now.

Köln need the win, but can you see 'em getting it? Hannover have had such a fantastic start to the season.

Offline warrenpe

• Kopite
« Reply #3741 on: September 24, 2017, 03:24:27 pm »
This Cologne kit is particularly bad. It looks like the shorts and socks from one sh*t kit have been mixed in with the tops from an even sh*tter kit, which someone had left in the washing machine for way too long.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3742 on: September 24, 2017, 03:35:34 pm »
Get Timo in, LFC. Parade him with Keita next summer.

I'd love this. Works almost as hard as Bobby, but rapid and scores heavily too. Brilliant player. We don't have a chance though, unfortunately, I heard Everton are interested so he'll be off to them toot sweet.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #3743 on: September 24, 2017, 03:36:33 pm »
I'd love this. Works almost as hard as Bobby, but rapid and scores heavily too. Brilliant player. We don't have a chance though, unfortunately, I heard Everton are interested so he'll be off to them toot sweet.
They are a grand old team after all.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3744 on: September 24, 2017, 04:02:51 pm »
well they did concede!

Indeed! No bugger is stopping Dortmund anytime soon in the league. I'm not giving Real Madrid much of a chance either.

Considering Spurs beat them, I see no reason why Real wouldn't despite Dortmund's good start

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3745 on: September 24, 2017, 04:21:29 pm »
Considering Spurs beat them, I see no reason why Real wouldn't despite Dortmund's good start

I didn't see that game, so I've no idea how they played, and whether it was a case of being outplayed. But I reckon they are beating Real Madrid this week at the Westfalenstadion  8)

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3746 on: September 24, 2017, 04:35:11 pm »
He has always seemed like a great snide Robben, a very good player. But I always feel I want to slap him when I watch him play. Another thing I've noticed on the odd occasion when I actually want him to do something, he usually has an off day. That so winds me up.
2012 CL final penalty miss springs to mind

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3747 on: September 24, 2017, 05:20:35 pm »
Kevin Volland puts Leverkusen 1-0 up vs HSV. Nice finish it was too.  He's starting to find some goals in his game for Leverkusen now.

Make that 2 nil. Alario on his debut.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 05:24:28 pm by Die Nullfünfer »

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3748 on: September 25, 2017, 12:18:40 am »
How much longer is Keita out for now?

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3749 on: September 25, 2017, 12:58:12 am »
How much longer is Keita out for now?

1 more game it should be now.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3750 on: September 25, 2017, 07:40:26 am »
1 more game it should be now.

Brilliant I can now watch some German football, so looking forward to keeping an eye on Keita.  ;D

Offline Yet to prove himself as...

• Nostradamus
  • Main Stander
« Reply #3751 on: September 26, 2017, 05:53:14 am »
Werner will extend his contract soon and staying at Leipzig, so the stories about having a true chance to get him next year are nonsense.
He wont be sold no matter what, but go on and believe all that crap spouted in English media.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #3752 on: September 28, 2017, 11:26:19 am »
Bild reporting that Bayern are having a board meeting this morning and that Ancelotti could be fired today.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3753 on: September 28, 2017, 11:30:42 am »
Bild reporting that Bayern are having a board meeting this morning and that Ancelotti could be fired today.

Not sure sacking him is the right thing to do, unless they are confident they can somebody like Nagelsmann mid-season. What would be the point otherwise? They've been lacklustre for a while now though.

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #3754 on: September 28, 2017, 11:45:46 am »
Not sure sacking him is the right thing to do, unless they are confident they can somebody like Nagelsmann mid-season. What would be the point otherwise? They've been lacklustre for a while now though.

Sounds like Willy Sagnol for the rest of the season with Nagelsmann in the summer. But that's a lot of speculation. But the dressing room is hugely divided, with Muller and Robben and Lewandowski being very publicly critical recently.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3755 on: September 28, 2017, 11:49:30 am »
Sounds like Willy Sagnol for the rest of the season with Nagelsmann in the summer. But that's a lot of speculation. But the dressing room is hugely divided, with Muller and Robben and Lewandowski being very publicly critical recently.

I think Bayern should just wait it out until the Summer. I still think Bayern would win the league with Ancelotti. They definitely need somebody to shake things up in the long-term but I don't see the point in sacking somebody mid season unless you're in a crisis or there's somebody excellent available.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 11:51:10 am by Gerry Attrick »

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #3756 on: September 28, 2017, 11:58:36 am »
I think Bayern should just wait it out until the Summer. I still think Bayern would win the league with Ancelotti. They definitely need somebody to shake things up in the long-term but I don't see the point in sacking somebody mid season unless you're in a crisis or there's somebody excellent available.

I think they acted too slowly and Crystal Palace got in there first.

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3757 on: September 28, 2017, 12:05:52 pm »

Allerdyce?  ;)
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Online Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3758 on: September 28, 2017, 01:30:12 pm »
Reported that Ancelotti has been fired.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3759 on: September 28, 2017, 01:37:42 pm »
Reported that Ancelotti has been fired.