Author Topic: Gomorrah - TV Series [No Spoilers]  (Read 99051 times)

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Gomorrah - TV Series [No Spoilers]
« Reply #520 on: February 8, 2018, 11:30:10 am »
Question about episode 2 of the new series please guys

Really hard to find any decent episode recaps. Thought Den of Geek might have done one.

Spoiler
Although we haven't actually seen her again yet, Madame Scianel is after Marinella and has forced Patrizia to find her.  Patrizia easily found her and gave her a big bag of euros.  Who was this money actually from and what was it for? 

Patrizia even said if she could find her that easy then anyone else could

Basically I'm confused about the whole Marinella, Patrizia and Scianel scene
[close]
That gets revealed in a future episode.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online Thehunter1978

• Anny Roader
« Reply #521 on: February 8, 2018, 11:33:23 am »
Question about episode 2 of the new series please guys

Really hard to find any decent episode recaps. Thought Den of Geek might have done one.

Spoiler
Although we haven't actually seen her again yet, Madame Scianel is after Marinella and has forced Patrizia to find her.  Patrizia easily found her and gave her a big bag of euros.  Who was this money actually from and what was it for? 

Patrizia even said if she could find her that easy then anyone else could

Basically I'm confused about the whole Marinella, Patrizia and Scianel scene
[close]

Spoiler
It clears itself up in episode 4 (I think) but basically in season 2 Marinella goes to the police to get away from Scianel's son. Assume she gives them information to arrest her as she is in prison. The money is to buy Marinella off so that she doesn't testify.

Patrizia and Marinella were/are friends so that is why she has been told to fine her.

Oh and Marinella is still fit  ;D
[close]

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #522 on: February 8, 2018, 12:16:20 pm »
Spoiler
It clears itself up in episode 4 (I think) but basically in season 2 Marinella goes to the police to get away from Scianel's son. Assume she gives them information to arrest her as she is in prison. The money is to buy Marinella off so that she doesn't testify.

Patrizia and Marinella were/are friends so that is why she has been told to fine her.

Oh and Marinella is still fit  ;D
[close]

Spoiler
AH yes i remember now Marinella going to the police in season 2.  So Scainel is in Prison, that explains it.  They are buying Marinella off.  Not sure why Scainel just doesn't have her killed.
[close]

And Yes, Marinella is super smokin' :lickin

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #523 on: February 8, 2018, 12:17:22 pm »
The last couple of episodes of season 2 are  :o

Spoiler
Killing Ciro's daughter :o
[close]

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #524 on: February 8, 2018, 12:20:18 pm »
Must admit though. Something about this new season that made me sad.

Spoiler
Gutted Malamore was killed in episode 1. One of my fav characters and the last of Don Pietro's old guard :(
[close]

Online Thehunter1978

• Anny Roader
« Reply #525 on: February 8, 2018, 12:35:17 pm »
Spoiler
AH yes i remember now Marinella going to the police in season 2.  So Scainel is in Prison, that explains it.  They are buying Marinella off.  Not sure why Scainel just doesn't have her killed.
[close]

And Yes, Marinella is super smokin' :lickin

Spoiler
They don't know where she is otherwise they probably would do, and Patrizia wouldn't give her up hence why they are paying her off.
[close]

Online Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #526 on: February 8, 2018, 01:25:29 pm »
Spoiler
They don't know where she is otherwise they probably would do, and Patrizia wouldn't give her up hence why they are paying her off.
[close]

cheers mate

Not beyond the realms and sounds about right :)

Online red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #527 on: February 8, 2018, 03:56:36 pm »

Spoiler
Killing Ciro's daughter :o
[close]

Maybe the most shocking and gutsy thing I have ever seen a show do. It was just tremendously affecting. Probably the single moment that cemented this show forever in my personal pantheon of greats, although in truth I could have picked about 100 others almost as easily. It just blows my doors off like nothing I can remember, certainly at least since "Deadwood"
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Online Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #528 on: February 8, 2018, 04:41:52 pm »
Maybe the most shocking and gutsy thing I have ever seen a show do. It was just tremendously affecting. Probably the single moment that cemented this show forever in my personal pantheon of greats, although in truth I could have picked about 100 others almost as easily. It just blows my doors off like nothing I can remember, certainly at least since "Deadwood"

To be honest I wish id watched S02 again before this one as i was struggling to remember what happened and the motivation behind certain things that occurred early in this new season.

Spoiler
I was struggling to understand why Genny had led Malamore to his death then remembered that Don Pitro had ordered the death of Ciro's daughter and Malamore pulled the trigger.  Also forgot that Don Pietro was never going to let Genny out of his shadow
[close]

Online red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #529 on: February 8, 2018, 06:05:17 pm »
To be honest I wish id watched S02 again before this one as i was struggling to remember what happened and the motivation behind certain things that occurred early in this new season.

Spoiler
I was struggling to understand why Genny had led Malamore to his death then remembered that Don Pitro had ordered the death of Ciro's daughter and Malamore pulled the trigger.  Also forgot that Don Pietro was never going to let Genny out of his shadow
[close]

Yeah, Pete, I was struggling with some of that too, but once I had the torrents on-hand, I couldn't wait any longer  ;D

Online Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #530 on: February 8, 2018, 08:00:58 pm »
Oh my, just watched the glorious episode set entirely in Bulgaria

Fucking love episodes like this.  Very little dialogue but told a brilliant story. Immense writing and direction.

Spoiler
Ciro is fucking Boss. I love him again.  When he iced Mladen's old man in the middle of the wrestling ring. Simply glorious.

So touching when he drove the poor Albanian girl back home too.

Ciro now has a 100k worth of brown to get himself back in with the Naples lot :)
[close]

Online Thehunter1978

• Anny Roader
« Reply #531 on: February 8, 2018, 09:07:53 pm »

Fucking love episodes like this.  Very little dialogue but told a brilliant story. Immense writing and direction.

It's a fucking brilliant episode. Up there as my favourite along side the episode with just Genny and Don Savastano from season 2. But then again every episode it brilliant.

Could everybody hurry up and finish the season please, so much that I want to talk about  ;D

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #532 on: February 8, 2018, 09:13:17 pm »

Spoiler
Ciro is fucking Boss. I love him again.  When he iced Mladen's old man in the middle of the wrestling ring. Simply glorious.

Ciro now has a 100k worth of brown to get himself back in with the Naples lot :)
[close]

Yeah, at the start of that, I was thinking how much of a c*nt he is for the jobs he takes and the company he keeps.
Spoiler
The human trafficking of prostitutes and immigrants. One dead when he opened the luggage compartment and just discards the body in a smelting factory. Then forcing the elderly couple from their flat and not giving two fucks about the old fella who was very sick. It's not until later you realise he hates doing what he's doing, and then he plugs his boss and his son.
[close]
Still a c*nt, though.  ;D

Online BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #533 on: February 8, 2018, 11:41:57 pm »

Spoiler

[close]
This show does nothing for the tourist boards of some of Europe’s finest cities.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #534 on: February 9, 2018, 10:34:17 am »

Spoiler

[close]

Spot on. First time i've liked that character as well to be honest.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #535 on: February 9, 2018, 10:35:08 am »
Blows your doors off ;D

That neck tattoo on blue blood is quality.

Online Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #536 on: February 9, 2018, 10:40:01 am »
This show does nothing for the tourist boards of some of Europe’s finest cities.

Haha yeah

I went to Sofia for our game against Ludogrets a few seasons ago and thankfully I don't remember it being like that :)

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #537 on: February 9, 2018, 02:09:34 pm »

Spoiler
Very few things shock me on television but that...jesus. I thought, there's no fucking way any of these guys are that evil? I was disgusted and pretty devastated by it. Powerful telly.
[close]
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #538 on: February 9, 2018, 05:32:36 pm »
Just watched episode 3. Brilliant.

After reading through the spoilers I'll say no more.

Online BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #539 on: February 9, 2018, 09:05:13 pm »
Haha yeah

I went to Sofia for our game against Ludogrets a few seasons ago and thankfully I don't remember it being like that :)
Indeed, nice place. They’ll be filming in Manchester soon you’d imagine.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #540 on: February 9, 2018, 11:26:02 pm »
Don't read if you haven't watched the finale yet.

Spoiler
Cheerio  :wave

Started to feel a bit for him at the end, but then I reminded myself that he was a horrible bastard that killed his missus and got his daughter killed. What a final scene, though. No way he was worming his way out of that one. Some's 0 had to go, and it had to be Ciro.
[close]

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #541 on: February 10, 2018, 11:32:23 am »
Episode 4 - Enzo's gang of Neapolitan hipsters. Just waiting to see them drinking expensive bottled craft ales and eating artisan bread and olives.

Mind you artisan bread and olives are probably the norm in Campania so....
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 07:00:59 pm by So... Howard Phillips »

Online Thehunter1978

• Anny Roader
« Reply #542 on: February 10, 2018, 09:16:11 pm »
Don't read if you haven't watched the finale yet.

Spoiler
Cheerio  :wave

Started to feel a bit for him at the end, but then I reminded myself that he was a horrible bastard that killed his missus and got his daughter killed. What a final scene, though. No way he was worming his way out of that one. Some's 0 had to go, and it had to be Ciro.
[close]

Spoiler
Just goes to show how good the writing is that he has been such a nasty twat over the past 3 series but yet you're still feeling sorry for him. Loved seeing him and Genny being back on the same side though. Got to admit I got a little emotional at the final seen. Ciro was already in hell so he wasn't going to allow Genny's family to be split up so took the bullet for him  :(
[close]

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #543 on: February 12, 2018, 06:09:08 pm »
Genny Ciro Enzo Patrizia and Scianel  were all just simply fantastic.
Yep first 4 were superb. Gutted at the ending.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #544 on: February 12, 2018, 08:05:20 pm »
Spoiler
Just goes to show how good the writing is that he has been such a nasty twat over the past 3 series but yet you're still feeling sorry for him. Loved seeing him and Genny being back on the same side though. Got to admit I got a little emotional at the final seen. Ciro was already in hell so he wasn't going to allow Genny's family to be split up so took the bullet for him  :(
[close]
Yeah, the scene in the graveyard with Genny and Ciro, Ciro says to Genny
Spoiler
"I'll be where I need to be" or something like that, when he was asked what he was expecting the outcome of the war to be, meaning he'll either be back to dealing, robbing and killing again, or dead, and he was fine with either. That summed up Ciro's arch in the entire series for me. He'd nothing to lose and he really didn't give a toss, but Genny had, and he valued that more.

I'm glad Patrizia didn't get a bullet. I'd be gutted. I knew she was a bit of a dark horse...and she's fine as.
[close]

Online Thehunter1978

• Anny Roader
« Reply #545 on: February 14, 2018, 09:45:41 pm »
Good to see Enzo Blueblood in goal for Porto tonight.

Offline realtarragona

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #546 on: February 15, 2018, 07:12:17 pm »
Good to see Enzo Blueblood in goal for Porto tonight.

Haha! I was trying to work out who he reminded me of last night and that’s the one I think

Online BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #547 on: February 15, 2018, 10:41:06 pm »
Just watched episode nine, fucking hell.

Offline stara

• ra-boom-de-ay. RAWK's very own Dicktionary Corner.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #548 on: February 17, 2018, 10:59:59 am »
Good season that.
50+1. Real FFP rules. Now.

Offline Jack the Red

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Never forget...
« Reply #549 on: February 24, 2018, 02:48:42 pm »
Just finished it. Brilliant. My favourite thing on telly.

Spoiler
Gutted Ciro got offed, but it seemed like he wanted it to happen. Looks like it's Genny vs The Hipsters. And Azurra is fit.
[close]

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #550 on: February 27, 2018, 11:14:48 am »
Well i think the show has now risen to my favourite show of all time (eclipsing The Wire, Spiral and Sopranos).  Incredible TV, beautifully shot and acted.  Superb all round.

Online Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #551 on: March 1, 2018, 12:24:53 pm »
Finished season 3 last night and I must admit I didn't quite enjoy it as much as the first 2.  Don't get me wrong i did actually still enjoy it and cant wait for the next series but it just wasn't as good as previous seasons IMO.

Personally i think the pacing of it was all wrong in that far too much was happening in a short space of time. I appreciate Ciro had his demons but he was basically moping about being pointless throughout, save the stunning episode in Bulgaria which hands down was the best episode for me.

Not sure I can believe a bunch of bearded hipster kids on scooters could take over from the mighty Camorra in the centre of Naples either.  Lots of head holding and forehead grinding between the characters became annoying too.

The deals and people turning on each other became convoluted and I appreciate they wanted to go in a different direction with this season and the young blood, that's cool but I think it really missed Don Pietro and Malamore.

I know I sound like a miserable bastard here but I did still enjoy it and I suppose the first 2 seasons were THAT good I was expecting too much.

Agree with ZIlt above though, the acting and camera work was amazing as usual.

Online HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #552 on: March 8, 2018, 10:07:52 pm »
Just watched the last episode. :( :( :(

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #553 on: March 11, 2018, 07:09:23 am »
I'm halfway through season 2, n the one thing that shocks me as to how much of a shithole that part of Naples is, n they are all fighting over it as though it is Buckingham Palace :D

I mean I don't think I have ever seen such a dilapidated area in UK. I have seen such places in more impoverished countries, but I am quite shocked that such ghettos are in a developed country.

However, this is a really good TV programme. Kinda dislike and like all the characters. Well all the main characters. The secondary villainous characters are like dogs that need shooting. :D

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #554 on: March 17, 2018, 09:59:19 am »
Valerio is an underrated beast

Posh boy turned underboss and stone cold killer
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #555 on: March 17, 2018, 01:05:17 pm »
Valerio is an underrated beast

Posh boy turned underboss and stone cold killer

Can't wait for him to get his come uppance though.

Great series with some stand out episodes and a GOT ruthlessness in disposing of main characters.

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #556 on: March 19, 2018, 01:06:50 pm »
Just finished season 3. :( :( :( :(

Gutted about the ending. Can't wait to see what happens to the new breed in the next series :D

Also Patrizia, stone cold killer and sexy as fuck :p not sure if you would wanna sleep with her or just run as far away as possible :D

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #557 on: March 19, 2018, 02:11:44 pm »
Just finished season 3, can't wait for Season 4.

Online red mongoose

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #558 on: March 19, 2018, 08:25:44 pm »
Also Patrizia, stone cold killer and sexy as fuck :p not sure if you would wanna sleep with her or just run as far away as possible :D

I am very sure that I wouldn't run away from her  ;) She is scrumptious.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #559 on: March 21, 2018, 10:01:28 am »
Just finished season 3. :( :( :( :(

Gutted about the ending. Can't wait to see what happens to the new breed in the next series :D

I'd take the risk, so i would