Author Topic: The Meh Scottish Football Thread  (Read 374299 times)

Offline ghirl67

• Legacy Fan
  • "Football without the fans is nothing" -Jock Stein
Re: The Meh Scottish Football Thread
« Reply #1240 on: July 8, 2017, 01:44:59 am »
Is that your final answer or are you going to constantly re edit it to resemble something completely different to what you initially said.

How am I twisting?

You know as well as me the connotations of the "Queen they love" dig so let's cut the fucking nonsense eh?

Earlier post I felt was twisting PK's point about titles, either that or just ignoring what he actually said.

I am on my phone so edit typos etc. and if I can think of a better way to say something than initially then I will.

« Last Edit: July 8, 2017, 02:14:53 am by ghirl67 »
"I got a bit of a slagging for it! Do people not know I'm a Celtic fan?" Kieran Tierney on asking his parents for a Celtic top for his Christmas (2017)

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1241 on: July 8, 2017, 12:41:10 pm »
You will undoubtedly have fans who indulge in the rivalry aspect. However, there is a fair amount of discussion around the governance side of it. If you look past the surface you will see the anger is around how this happened. It is not unreasonable for opposition fans to be angry and asking questions about how and why it went on for so long when it is a fact that at least one SFA official knew rangers
were using EBTS, received one himself (while at rangers) and then later became head of Scottish football.

Aberdeen fans had banners last night and they were directed at the football authorities.

There is s no confidence in those running the game and the state of the league coupled with the National Team doing little of note in nearly 20 years suggests that lack of confidence is justified.

The EBT's were disclosed in the company accounts every year. Celtic EBT payment to Juninho was also disclosed in company accounts. They were there for everyone to see apparently. So it shouldn't have been a secret to anyone who took the time to look and perhaps knew what they were looking for. The point is that seeing as most people seen it as a legal loophole, including the other U.K. clubs and countless other companies and firms that took up some variance of EBT's, be it through image rights, contract payment, or some other tax avoidance schemes like the individuals that took to using film company schemes, the end goal is always the same, money men looking to save themselves money.

As for governance, we all know there's not much of that in Scottish football. We have a situation where the joint biggest club in the country isn't represented within the SFA or SPFL boards, but their main rivals are. Sounds fair to me, and there no conflict of interest here at all.

Offline ghirl67

• Legacy Fan
  • "Football without the fans is nothing" -Jock Stein
« Reply #1242 on: July 8, 2017, 04:36:09 pm »
The EBT's were disclosed in the company accounts every year. Celtic EBT payment to Juninho was also disclosed in company accounts. They were there for everyone to see apparently. So it shouldn't have been a secret to anyone who took the time to look and perhaps knew what they were looking for. The point is that seeing as most people seen it as a legal loophole, including the other U.K. clubs and countless other companies and firms that took up some variance of EBT's, be it through image rights, contract payment, or some other tax avoidance schemes like the individuals that took to using film company schemes, the end goal is always the same, money men looking to save themselves money.

As for governance, we all know there's not much of that in Scottish football. We have a situation where the joint biggest club in the country isn't represented within the SFA or SPFL boards, but their main rivals are. Sounds fair to me, and there no conflict of interest here at all.

An SFA official knew.

Being joint biggest club matters not a jot. It would be stupid to be appointing on such criteria.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_football.cfm?page=4126 SFA board. No Celtic rep.

http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/spfl-clubs-elect-board-for-201617/ SPFL board (season 16/17).  1 Celtic rep

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_football.cfm?page=2560 Professional gaming board.No Celtic rep - Peter Lawwell's place having been taken by Stewart Robertson of Rangers.

Rumours we are signing Oliver Ntcham.

In so far: Jonny Hayes, Kundai Benyu

Oot: Saidy Janko (to Saint Etienne), Paul McMullan (free to DUTD), Efe Ambrose (free to Hibs) Ryan Christie (loan to Aberdeen), Jamie Lindsay (loan to Ross County)

Boyata injured and out for 3 months. Will need a CB.
« Last Edit: July 8, 2017, 06:40:21 pm by ghirl67 »
"I got a bit of a slagging for it! Do people not know I'm a Celtic fan?" Kieran Tierney on asking his parents for a Celtic top for his Christmas (2017)

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1243 on: July 9, 2017, 07:35:00 pm »
Aye...nearly there.

http://www.celticfc.net/news/12822 statement on it. Belfast Celts think that there should not be an issue getting in and out of the ground. I don't know enough about WP or how the area is policed to contradict that. I think it probably comes down to what week it is and PSNI numbers possibly being stretched.

Linfield will take their allocation with us.

Given the game is on the 14th, there will be ample resources available from the PSNI. Having it on the 12th was never going to happen.
In regards to Celtic fans attending, I'm not sure what the problem is really. The stadium is in a loyalist area, but there's no way the police can't work out a route to bus them their safely in and out.
Also, some genius has had the idea to put them on general sale on Ticketmaster. I know more than a few Celtic fans going.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #1244 on: July 24, 2017, 11:42:46 am »
An SFA official knew.

Being joint biggest club matters not a jot. It would be stupid to be appointing on such criteria.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_football.cfm?page=4126 SFA board. No Celtic rep.

http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/spfl-clubs-elect-board-for-201617/ SPFL board (season 16/17).  1 Celtic rep

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_football.cfm?page=2560 Professional gaming board.No Celtic rep - Peter Lawwell's place having been taken by Stewart Robertson of Rangers.

Rumours we are signing Oliver Ntcham.

In so far: Jonny Hayes, Kundai Benyu

Oot: Saidy Janko (to Saint Etienne), Paul McMullan (free to DUTD), Efe Ambrose (free to Hibs) Ryan Christie (loan to Aberdeen), Jamie Lindsay (loan to Ross County)

Boyata injured and out for 3 months. Will need a CB.

AJER really impressed me when I saw him, would have liked him back on loan at Killie to be honest. Too young to play for the first team?
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline helen the llama

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1245 on: August 1, 2017, 10:24:51 am »
Ian Cathro has been sacked.

He tried and Hearts had some pretty good football being played but unfortunately the results speak for themselves.

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1246 on: August 1, 2017, 11:25:43 am »

He tried and Hearts had some pretty good football being played but unfortunately the results speak for themselves.

Need to sack Levein!!!

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1247 on: August 1, 2017, 11:35:24 am »

Shame about Cathro, was hoping that he would lead the next generation of young coaches / managers. Perhaps the job was too big too soon, or perhaps coaching is his forte rather than managing?

Who's in the frame now Helen, the likes of Hartley & that? 

Offline helen the llama

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1248 on: August 3, 2017, 04:35:45 pm »
Shame about Cathro, was hoping that he would lead the next generation of young coaches / managers. Perhaps the job was too big too soon, or perhaps coaching is his forte rather than managing?

Who's in the frame now Helen, the likes of Hartley & that? 

Paolo Sergio has put his name into the hat.
John Daly has temporary chage with Austin McPhee and Liam Fox

Not sure who will get the job.

Offline helen the llama

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1249 on: August 3, 2017, 04:55:47 pm »
This on why cathro had to go is worth a read though
https://bletherandblogger.scot/2017/08/02/hearts-fans-lose-their-nerve/

Offline helen the llama

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1250 on: August 3, 2017, 06:20:49 pm »
Add in first six home games have been flipped (killie, motherwell, Partick) or are now at Murrayfield

Weather and delays in getting the seats in from the far east.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1251 on: August 4, 2017, 09:02:55 am »
This on why cathro had to go is worth a read though
https://bletherandblogger.scot/2017/08/02/hearts-fans-lose-their-nerve/

Didn't quite know the statistics were that bad. You got a personal favourite for the job Helen?

Good result midweek for Celtic who looked the much better side, shame about Aberdeen last night.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1252 on: August 4, 2017, 09:12:05 am »
Ok, the big kick off this weekend. I've got something to ask you regular posters in here. Is there any chance we can make this thread into a civil thread where we mainly discuss the football? I'd quite like to enter into discussions about Scottish Football but it seems from dipping in & out in the past it seems to be a fair amount used for Rangers bashing.

I just think there's a good mix of supporters of different teams, (i've seen Utd, Killie, Hearts, Celtic at least in here), so it could be a good thread, & while in the past defended Rangers, i don't think i've bashed other clubs in the process & i'm not blinkered by Rangers own failings. I'll happily criticise Rangers & praise other teams if it calls for it.

Or just ignore me & keep the status quo haha!

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1253 on: August 4, 2017, 04:29:58 pm »
Ok, the big kick off this weekend. I've got something to ask you regular posters in here. Is there any chance we can make this thread into a civil thread where we mainly discuss the football? I'd quite like to enter into discussions about Scottish Football but it seems from dipping in & out in the past it seems to be a fair amount used for Rangers bashing.

I just think there's a good mix of supporters of different teams, (i've seen Utd, Killie, Hearts, Celtic at least in here), so it could be a good thread, & while in the past defended Rangers, i don't think i've bashed other clubs in the process & i'm not blinkered by Rangers own failings. I'll happily criticise Rangers & praise other teams if it calls for it.

Or just ignore me & keep the status quo haha!

I`m not so much into bashing the Rangers2.0 (couldnt help it   ;) ) fans unless they deserve it (the stupid socio-political stuff that beggars belief in the modern world). Genuine fans have been screwed over by a succession of boards to be honest, though many of them seem to want to point the finger outside the club in weird conspiracy theory nonsense.

Having said that, i kinda feel as the thread heading states "Meh Scottish Football". It`s not in a good way. The product is poor and success, in european or international terms, is a distant memory. No league is healthy with one team dominating all the others - does anyone remember the eastern block leagues of the past? So there is little interest in it for me. The height of my ambition for Killie is to stay in business and preferably in the top league. Which is pretty sad.

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1254 on: August 4, 2017, 05:08:45 pm »
Looking forward to watching Pedro. That guy is entertainment gold.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1255 on: August 5, 2017, 02:02:57 pm »
Celtic already cruising against Hearts, 3-0 Up.

Any genuine chance of the likes of Aberdeen, rangers putting up a fight this year?

Offline SandyShore

• "Hodgson did a very good job". someone with low shitty standards who is probably racist
  • Kopite
  • Boooooooooooooooooooom!!
« Reply #1256 on: August 5, 2017, 02:06:30 pm »
Nope. I think the aim should be to win every single league game, they came up short last year.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1257 on: August 5, 2017, 02:09:23 pm »

Any genuine chance of the likes of Aberdeen, rangers putting up a fight this year?

More chance of Espanyol winning La Liga.

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1258 on: August 6, 2017, 12:51:06 am »
More chance of Espanyol winning La Liga.

Yep shit pointless league.

Dont even watch highlights anymore.

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
« Reply #1259 on: August 6, 2017, 06:22:02 am »
i'm really glad that Hibs won, i have a lot of sympathy for the club so it's always nice to see them prosper. They also signed Anthony Stokes for about the third time which is hilarious because he is a funny character and otherwise a very good player for that level.
The change is cast

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1260 on: August 6, 2017, 08:12:14 pm »

Still too soon for Rangers. Feel in Dorrans and Jack, they've made a big difference to the midfield, and early signs for Alves and Cardosa makes it seem an improvement in defence, but they still aren't good enough in the forward areas. Celtic miles ahead of Rangers there.

Offline helen the llama

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1261 on: August 7, 2017, 08:03:41 pm »
So the media has picked up on Steve McLaren being interested in the Hearts Job.
Only been doing the rounds of the hearts forum for a week or so.

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1262 on: August 7, 2017, 11:33:43 pm »
http://www.celticquicknews.co.uk/a-developing-story/

CELTIC PARANOIA? All in the mind? A developing story…

Imagine what would be discovered if you were to pilfer through an old shipwreck of an East Coast football club that had somehow managed to make it back on to dry land?

Discoloured, creased and unframed pennants of a bygone era when your beloved club was a European force…

Old stained photographs of legends who would turn in their graves on account of the underhand dealings that brought their club to its knees…

Frayed, unwashed, matchworn jerseys – embroidered with famous Scottish Cup final appearances under a crest that once graciously adorned the chest of 1960s icons…

And piles and piles of incriminating paperwork.

Well, this is Scottish football after all.

In going through the remnants of a once-proud bastion of community spirit, the new captain of this vessel has unearthed damaging evidence that would “without question bring the Scottish game into disrepute.”

This admission was the subject of a CQN Magazine exclusive last week, and it was our initial intention to blow the story wide open…

Until the SFA got in touch and not just the once.

The governing body wants to know more.

And we had plenty to show them after the work done over the past few months by a senior investigator with a decade of experience at s senior level.

Today, taped interviews and emails have been seized by the powers-that-be at Hampden, and a formal period of preliminary investigation is now underway.

This case is now live, and, as such, we are duty-bound to refrain from providing any further details that may prove prejudicial to the ongoing SFA enquiries.

What we will say at this stage, however, is that whilst five-way agreements may well prevent title-stripping, the potential outcome of these paranoia-busting revelations might leave our game’s guardians with no other option.

No other option could also be read as no other alternative.

And this is only the beginning of what is a developing story…

Getting the popcorn ready.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1263 on: August 7, 2017, 11:50:21 pm »
http://www.celticquicknews.co.uk/a-developing-story/

Getting the popcorn ready.

If there is ongoing investigations and possible prejudice involved, I suppose it's limited what we can say about this.

I just asked my mate about it. He said there is another club involved and had connections with a certain club that made it back to dry land, and certain things may have been done under the table to help this club win something.

Although he did say this could all be nonsense, as the author has a history of writing bullshit blogs.

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1264 on: August 7, 2017, 11:55:12 pm »
If there is ongoing investigations and possible prejudice involved, I suppose it's limited what we can say about this.

I just asked my mate about it. He said there is another club involved and had connections with a certain club that made it back to dry land, and certain things may have been done under the table to help this club win something.

Although he did say this could all be nonsense, as the author has a history of writing bullshit blogs.

Correct CQN has said some stuff before which has been BS.

The fact they mentioned the SFA involvement makes me think there could be something in this.
« Last Edit: August 7, 2017, 11:57:53 pm by puroresu_kid »

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1265 on: August 8, 2017, 06:45:43 am »
Haha.... well the talking about football lasted a whole 2 days!  ;D

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1266 on: August 8, 2017, 09:45:23 am »

Petty gossip and "cultural differences" are the real driving force of Scottish society. The football is just a sideshow...and as I must vow never to say again: Not Very Good.

Offline helen the llama

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1267 on: August 8, 2017, 09:54:28 am »

Considering the theories about which club this is does not fully include Rangers...

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1268 on: August 8, 2017, 09:57:33 am »
Considering the theories about which club this is does not fully include Rangers...

Can someone enlighten me the theories & backstory of this then?

Offline helen the llama

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1269 on: August 8, 2017, 10:09:43 am »
Latest name linked with the Hearts Job

Edgar David.

What are all these big names doing in wanting to come and manage a "diddy club" in Scotland.

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1270 on: August 8, 2017, 12:01:51 pm »

Edgar David.

What are all these big names doing in wanting to come and manage a "diddy club" in Scotland.

Dream Team with Schteve Schurely?

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1271 on: August 8, 2017, 12:45:34 pm »

Edgar David.

It is bizarre but as said before Levein has to go or at worst needs his role greatly reduced.  It has been confirmed that he was always about the dressing room at HT and FT when Cathro was there which is nothing but a joke.

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1272 on: August 8, 2017, 03:21:14 pm »
Can someone enlighten me the theories & backstory of this then?

This case is now live, and, as such, we are duty-bound to refrain from providing any further details that may prove prejudicial to the ongoing SFA enquiries.

The RAWK stance is that when investigations are ongoing like this, we shouldn't discuss it in any detail

Offline helen the llama

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1273 on: August 8, 2017, 07:49:44 pm »
It is bizarre but as said before Levein has to go or at worst needs his role greatly reduced.  It has been confirmed that he was always about the dressing room at HT and FT when Cathro was there which is nothing but a joke.

There is an agent with the initials JC who also seems to be involved in a lot of players etc that end up at Hearts.
As for CL and IC, they worked well together at Dundee Utd when he was involved in there u20 and could have been helping him

Ann Budge has said that she wants an experienced manager with British League Experience next time round.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1274 on: August 8, 2017, 10:24:32 pm »
The RAWK stance is that when investigations are ongoing like this, we shouldn't discuss it in any detail

No probs, I got a pm.

Dunfermline response.

Dunfermline Athletic

CHAIRMAN`S STATEMENT
Tuesday, 8th Aug 2017
Club Chairman, Ross McArthur, would like to make the following statement.

“I am extremely disappointed to have to release the following statement, particularly as the subject matter below has proven to be an unnecessary distraction today on the eve of a very important cup match at Ibrox Stadium tomorrow evening. However, as ever I wish our own supporters to be fully aware of the facts, and put to bed some of the ludicrous accusations that have been put to me today by the wider media.

Like most other SPFL Clubs, we were contacted a couple of weeks ago by a number of supporters asking for our club to make a public statement following the review of the recent Rangers Tax Case. Myself and my fellow Board members took the decision not to do so, as our business practice since taking over the club from the administrators, has always been not to comment on any matters that do not adversely affect Dunfermline Athletic Football Club today. As a club, we still have a lot of bridges to rebuild. However, out of courtesy I believe you should always take the time to respond to someone who has written to our club. Therefore, I liaised with my fellow Board member (and Supporter Liaison Officer), Drew Main and we individually responded to each person who wrote to us. Most of the emails we received were from DAFC supporters, some were not.

In our reply, we tried to be honest as we could and to make the point that we felt it would be entirely hypocritical of us to try and make any mileage by commenting on another Scottish football club, as our own club had itself already brought Scottish football into disrepute, when it went into administration in 2013, and we had to be mindful we were in no position to take the moral high ground. Without spelling that out, clearly if DAFC could not pay its own staff, players, other clubs and HMRC then most reasonable people would understand that you have brought the game into disrepute.

Last week I was then contacted by the SFA, as one of the recipients of the email had clearly not been satisfied with our reply, or was attempting to create an issue, and had asked our governing body to investigate further. I can confirm that the SFA sent me one email, which I fully responded to the same day, explaining that the recipient was either attempting to make mileage in some way, or had taken our reply out of context. There has been no further dialogue between DAFC and the SFA.

I can also confirm that there was never at any time, reference to former managers, other clubs or previous matches – this is totally spurious.

There are a lot of positive things happening in Scottish football, and there a lot of good people within our respective clubs and at our governing bodies who are working very hard to promote and showcase our national game, and it is disappointing that everyone cannot focus their energy into looking forward, rather than trying to constantly undermine the credibility of our game”.

Ross McArthur
Chairman

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #1275 on: August 9, 2017, 07:55:59 pm »
Didn't even know the SPL had kicked off. Meh.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #1276 on: August 9, 2017, 09:04:59 pm »

For the record the RAWK stance is usually to refrain from comment when things are sub judice. You cannot get into legal trouble for holding the SFA in contempt. Who doesn't?

We would also ask people to refrain from making potentially libellous statements. For accusations of criminality we would ask you to at least source a media report.

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1277 on: August 9, 2017, 11:28:22 pm »
James Richardson's intro to his new podcast:

"...and we talk about PSG, who like Rangers, had naymar money"

Pretty funny

Offline helen the llama

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1278 on: September 5, 2017, 08:07:48 pm »
So Craig Levein Head Coach and DoF at Hearts....

But next 3 games at Murrayfield so could be some quite high attendences.

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1279 on: September 6, 2017, 12:00:18 am »
So Craig Levein Head Coach and DoF at Hearts....

But next 3 games at Murrayfield so could be some quite high attendences.

His sleeping with the owner. He must be.