Author Topic: Marvel Musings. Now with Spidey Spoilers.  (Read 628098 times)

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Marvel Musings
« Reply #3560 on: February 19, 2018, 06:44:22 pm »
Marvel have turned it around lately in regards to villains. Ego, Hela and Killmonger have all been great villains IMO.

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]

Haven't seen BP but the other two were terrible. They've only got Loki, so far.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3561 on: February 19, 2018, 06:47:43 pm »
Haven't seen BP but the other two were terrible. They've only got Loki, so far.

I forgot Vulture aswell.

While DC only have The Joker from TDK.

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3562 on: February 19, 2018, 07:05:46 pm »
I forgot Vulture aswell.

Yeah he's not bad, actually. Although that's more Keaton than anything else.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #3563 on: February 19, 2018, 07:35:29 pm »

Keaton was brilliant as The Vulture.

Going to see Black Panther on wednesday.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #3564 on: February 19, 2018, 07:43:20 pm »

Yeah, his character is wafer thin, but Keaton makes the most of him.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #3565 on: February 20, 2018, 09:55:12 pm »
Really enjoyed Black Panther, felt like they were stretching in a new direction. His powers are nothing we have not seen already by now, but the way he is able to use the suit and the strength is very clever. The car chase in Korea felt fresh. Loved the interplay between T'Challa and the other characters, especially his sister, very believable relationship there!
Also nice to see Daniel Kaluuya, didn't know he was in this, but he got plenty to do as a supporting character.

Saw someone describe Freeman and Serkis as the "Tolkien white guys" and they clearly had fun sharing the screen again.

Some very bold choices in terms of the themes, too. More of a social commentary than we expect from Marvel, and a particularly good line in the mid-credit scene.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3566 on: February 21, 2018, 10:00:32 am »
I thought Black Panther was dope.  They really nailed it.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3567 on: February 21, 2018, 11:08:47 am »
Actually my only gripe was the scene in the "Museum of Great Britain" which was full of exhibits from Africa.

No.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Golden_Child

• I...I...I...Iwanttheknife......oh, serious mode? Okay. Ommmm. Give me the kniiiiiife. Ommmm. Pleeeaaaase!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Credulity is not a virtue
« Reply #3568 on: February 21, 2018, 04:18:32 pm »
Best movie of all time apparently:

https://screenrant.com/black-panther-rotten-tomatoes-best-movie-all-time/

I really, really want to see it. Just as I have really wanted to see all of the mcu movies. Think I'm going to have to go on a media blackout with this from now though,  it's at Half Life 3 levels of hype now

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3569 on: February 21, 2018, 04:28:12 pm »

I really, really want to see it. Just as I have really wanted to see all of the mcu movies. Think I'm going to have to go on a media blackout with this from now though,  it's at Half Life 3 levels of hype now

I'd say as a film it's probably below Ant-Man for me in terms of quality, but earns points for being pretty ballsy with it's list of strong black and/or female characters as well as the motivations of the villain.

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3570 on: February 21, 2018, 04:55:22 pm »
I'd say as a film it's probably below Ant-Man for me in terms of quality, but earns points for being pretty ballsy with it's list of strong black and/or female characters as well as the motivations of the villain.

I would put probably put it around the same tier of Ant Man, but that's not a bad thing as I really liked Ant Man (itself is a better super hero movie than anything DC have done in ages, bar Wonder Woman).  The way I try to subdivide them (as there are so many now) is by tiers, with films in a given tier (usually) being as good as each other and hard to separate.  If you had to ask me for my current list, it'd probably go:

Tier A:
Guardians of the Galaxy
Avengers
Captain America 2

Tier B:
Captain America 3
Ant Man
Black Panther
Avengers 2
Thor Rangnarok

Tier C
SpiderMan Homecoming (this is only just in this tier instead of the above)
Doctor Strange
Guardians 2 (this could move up a tier upon a re-watch, but is here as I was slightly disappointed compared to the first)
Thor

Tier D
Captain America 1
Iron Man (this could move down, actually, as I am not a fan, but realise it probably should be in this tier)

Tier E
Thor 2
Iron Man 2
Iron Man 3
Hulk

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #3571 on: February 21, 2018, 05:02:47 pm »
I don't have them in tiers but Iron Man would be much higher.

I actually also prefer Andrew Garfield's Spider Man but I am probably in the minority.

Saw Black Panther today, really enjoyed it and would feature high on my list of favourites, if I had one.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Online Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3572 on: February 21, 2018, 05:36:51 pm »
I would put probably put it around the same tier of Ant Man, but that's not a bad thing as I really liked Ant Man (itself is a better super hero movie than anything DC have done in ages, bar Wonder Woman).

Yeah I should've probably added that I liked Ant Man too, though it's just outside my top five (Winter Soldier, GotG, Ragnarok, Avengers, Civil War) with Black Panther probably being 7th or 8th. Basically it's a good movie but not the best ever like it's being treated.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #3573 on: February 21, 2018, 05:57:10 pm »
Actually my only gripe was the scene in the "Museum of Great Britain" which was full of exhibits from Africa.

No.

Why are the Walls of Babylon in Germany and not Iraq, where they were built and belong?

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3574 on: February 21, 2018, 06:02:49 pm »
Yeah I should've probably added that I liked Ant Man too, though it's just outside my top five (Winter Soldier, GotG, Ragnarok, Avengers, Civil War) with Black Panther probably being 7th or 8th. Basically it's a good movie but not the best ever like it's being treated.

I preferred Doctor Strange to Ant-Man I’ve got it just above Ant-Man.

Black Panther is nowhere near better than those 5 you mentioned or any of The Dark Knight Trilogy.

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3575 on: February 21, 2018, 06:20:41 pm »
Why are the Walls of Babylon in Germany and not Iraq, where they were built and belong?

Politics, basically, but not really relevant.

A "Museum of Great Britain" would be devoted to the actual island it was named for. The British Museum has lots of stuff from around the world.

It's the difference between the old Liverpool Museum (now known as World Museum Liverpool) and the Museum of Liverpool, which only has artefacts and exhibitions directly related to the city itself.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3576 on: February 21, 2018, 06:23:06 pm »

It's good, but not the best of all time.

I won't do a list, I know how some people just love to post a list, but I won't.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #3577 on: February 21, 2018, 06:24:50 pm »

I won't do a list, I know how some people just love to post a list, but I won't.

Which people?

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3578 on: February 21, 2018, 06:27:05 pm »
Which people?

They clog up the thread with them a couple of times a year. My top ten bestest Marvel films not including Logan and where I would place Wonder Woman if she was eligible. In tiers, no less!
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3579 on: February 21, 2018, 06:29:24 pm »
1) Blade
2) Blade 2
3-100) the rest

Easy

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3580 on: February 21, 2018, 06:34:01 pm »

List list list list list!

Online Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3581 on: February 21, 2018, 06:53:39 pm »
They clog up the thread with them a couple of times a year. My top ten bestest Marvel films not including Logan and where I would place Wonder Woman if she was eligible. In tiers, no less!

This is a pretty weak rant about lists compared to some of your other efforts, at best it'd be third on my list of list rants.

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3582 on: February 21, 2018, 07:10:51 pm »
This is a pretty weak rant about lists compared to some of your other efforts, at best it'd be third on my list of list rants.

Well I find it more bemusing than irritating.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #3583 on: February 21, 2018, 08:48:43 pm »
I wanted a fucking list  :no

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3584 on: February 22, 2018, 01:21:55 pm »
I wanted a fucking list  :no

Will my shopping list do?  If so:

Eggs, bacon, tomatoes, sausages, potatoes, green beans, etc

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #3585 on: February 22, 2018, 08:02:30 pm »
You need some reggae-reggae sauce with that Scotty

Offline Scottymuser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3586 on: February 23, 2018, 01:13:57 am »
You need some reggae-reggae sauce with that Scotty

already have some, along with normal bbq and some other more hot sauces ;)

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3587 on: February 23, 2018, 01:36:22 am »
already have some, along with normal bbq and some other more hot sauces ;)

List them

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3588 on: February 23, 2018, 03:04:48 am »
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3590 on: February 23, 2018, 08:30:19 am »
There you go:

https://www.netmums.com/life/100-kamasutra-sex-positions

Fucking hell, remember reading a few years ago how mumsnet mods had to tidy up the site as it was just filled with discussions between horny mums  ;D

Exactly it was a good film, but saying it's the best is just ridiculous.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3591 on: February 23, 2018, 01:11:31 pm »
Not sure if it was because of the hype but Black Panther didn't really do it for me. Still a decent watch and well done though.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3592 on: February 23, 2018, 05:38:46 pm »
Not sure if it was because of the hype but Black Panther didn't really do it for me. Still a decent watch and well done though.
Yeah, more or less my feelings on it. It was OK. Just another superhero film. I don't get the big kerfuffle, positive or negative.

Offline Golden_Child

• I...I...I...Iwanttheknife......oh, serious mode? Okay. Ommmm. Give me the kniiiiiife. Ommmm. Pleeeaaaase!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Credulity is not a virtue
« Reply #3593 on: February 23, 2018, 05:44:27 pm »
Be careful guys and ladies, if you don't think it's the best thing ever you're racist!

Seriously though, I've seen it now and it was solid. 8/10 for me. Has faults but then rocky 4 is my favourite film ever.

I've still been called racist 3 times for saying that I prefer cap 2. Whatever. More black superheroes please as the black panther soundtrack is fucking amazing.

Vince staples is boss

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3594 on: February 23, 2018, 06:33:33 pm »
Be careful guys and ladies, if you don't think it's the best thing ever you're racist!

Seriously though, I've seen it now and it was solid. 8/10 for me. Has faults but then rocky 4 is my favourite film ever.

I've still been called racist 3 times for saying that I prefer cap 2. Whatever. More black superheroes please as the black panther soundtrack is fucking amazing.

Vince staples is boss
I think I'd seriously laugh my plums off if someone accused me of being a racist because I didn't find the film anything special or unique. It's a good watch. I enjoyed it just about as much as most of the other Marvel films. That's all, really.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #3595 on: February 23, 2018, 10:47:25 pm »
‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Director Taika Waititi Should Do The Commentary Track On Every Movie

We received a copy of the Thor: Ragnarok 4K disc this week — it’s in stores next week along with the Blu-ray and DVD editions — and of course the first thing we did was head over to the director’s commentary track because there was no way Taika Waititi wasn’t going to at least provide something unique. And, no, he does not disappoint.

Honestly, it’s like watching an episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000, only with the director making jokes about his own blockbuster movie. And three separate times Waititi’s two-year-old daughter wanders into the studio and joins in. (At one point Waititi points out Korg and tells his daughter, “That’s your dad.” To which she replies, “Cool.”)

There’s not a lot in the way of spoilers. Even in the mid-credits scene that kind of sets up Avengers: Infinity War, Waititi is just telling his daughter, “This is what we call a tag-a-roonie.” Instead, it’s just hilarious. And I will express my pleasure with this commentary track by making a bullet point list of my favorite moments below.

• When the film opens in Muspelheim, Waititi tells us that it’s opening, “inside the lung of the Marlboro Man.”

• Waititi did the motion capture for Surtur, and explains to us in his deadpan voice that he was actually on fire while filming the scene.

• Waititi also reveals that he did all the motion capture work for every scene with Thor, too.

• We learn that, in real life, Chris Hemsworth’s Mjolnir prop weighs “five million tons,” yet Hemsworth is so strong he can just flip it around.

• When “177A Bleecker Street” appears on the screen, Waititi explains that this address, “should be familiar if you’re a fan of Doctor Strange… and I am not.”   :D

• When Thor’s hammer, Mjolnir, is destroyed, Waitit tells us that this is a very sad scene, “for people who loves hammers.” He continues, “A perfectly good hammer… being crushed.”

• Waititi, in all seriousness, does say that he made Hemsworth do a shirtless scene that wasn’t scheduled and would like it known that he contributed that to society.

• In another serious statement, Waititi says that Thor’s line about Hulk, “I know him from work!,” was suggested by a kid who was visiting the set from a Make A Wish-type organization who had been hanging out with Chris Hemsworth for the day. The kid told Hemsworth that Thor should say this line and Hemsworth told Waititi and now that line is on t-shirts.

• Waititi also tells us that in real life Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston are not brothers, even though they obviously look so much alike they could be twins.  :D

• At one point Waititi asks if we are enjoying this commentary, and he points out that at least one person in the recording studio gave him a thumbs up. Then another person gave him a thumbs up. Waititi is comforted to know that at least two people are enjoying this.

• And, finally, Waititi’s daughter comes back near the end of the film, her third cameo. When Waititi asks her what she thought of the film, she replies, “I want to watch Moana.” The elder Waititi suggests that maybe he should do a commentary for Moana. This is a great idea.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3596 on: February 24, 2018, 03:22:49 am »
Might have watched that but doesn't seem much point now all the best jokes have been ruined. What possesses people?
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #3597 on: February 24, 2018, 01:23:24 pm »
Might have watched that but doesn't seem much point now all the best jokes have been ruined. What possesses people?

I've also never understood how people can watch "Behind the Scenes" or "Making Of" features on films they love - suspension of disbelief and all that. That's just me, though.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3598 on: February 24, 2018, 02:41:52 pm »
Ahh I completely missed there was a directors commentary, havent read through that so Ill definitely pick up the blu-ray.
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3599 on: February 24, 2018, 02:55:17 pm »
I've also never understood how people can watch "Behind the Scenes" or "Making Of" features on films they love - suspension of disbelief and all that. That's just me, though.

I can see why people wouldn't want to. All the behind the scenes stuff fascinates me, but then I did study films at university.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John