Author Topic: Edge of Terminator. Live, Die, Repeat.  (Read 56399 times)

Offline Golden_Child

• I...I...I...Iwanttheknife......oh, serious mode? Okay. Ommmm. Give me the kniiiiiife. Ommmm. Pleeeaaaase!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Credulity is not a virtue
Edge of Terminator. Live, Die, Repeat.
« on: April 28, 2011, 12:26:49 pm »
Terminator 5 looks like it's pressing ahead, and Arnold Schwarzenegger will definitely be back. Plus, Fast & Furious director Justin Lin is on board, too...

Published on Apr 27, 2011

And so it turns out that the heavy rumours that have been doing the rounds over the past few weeks have turned out to be true. For Terminator 5 is pressing ahead, Justin Lin is attached to direct, and Arnold Schwarzenegger will be returning to the franchise that catapulted him to superstardom.

That’s the news that’s now been broken by Deadline, although it does have a caveat with it. Namely that, as of yet, there’s no studio backing the project.

Instead, the package of T5, Lin and Schwarzenegger is being shopped around film studios in search of a backer. Unsurprising, there are a few interested in biting, with Deadline citing Sony, Universal, Lionsgate and CBS Films as possible partners on the film. Our guess would be Universal are likeliest to bite right now.

Still, on top of the lack of studio involvement thus far, there’s so far no screenplay in place for the film, so we’re some way away from getting a finished product. But it now seems a cert that it's going to happen.

Also, can we just say it? Isn’t it a backward step to have Arnold Schwarzenegger returning to headline the franchise?

If there has to be another Terminator sequel, and given nearly $30m was spent acquiring the rights last year, it’s a fair assumption that there does need to be one, then why go backwards? One of the reasons that Terminator 3 suffered was that it was insistent on hanging onto its central star.

Terminator: Salvation had its problems, certainly, but at least it did something other than try and tell the same basic story for the fourth time running (one that had been told perfectly well by James Cameron). Does the involvement of Schwarzenegger suggest a more conventional Terminator film is in the offing?

Quite possibly, although we’re obviously filling in some of the gaps ourselves here. Yet it does all seem a bit dispiriting.

Justin Lin, in fairness, may turn out to have an interesting spin on matters, and we’re certainly intrigued to see what kind of big film he can make away from the Fast & Furious franchise. Yet few can approach the idea of Terminator 5, as things stand, with much in the way of optimism.

Once a backer has been found, we’ll bring you the news. We'll try and smile as we do so.

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/865558/confirmed_schwarzenegger_back_for_terminator_5_justin_lin_directing.html

Right then. What's everyone reckon to that?

I know he's old but Terminator just wouldn't feel right without Arnold in there. Granted, the director could be better and this could turn out to be a pile of dog shit but there's always hope.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 01:29:38 pm by SP »

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Terminator 5. Arnie Returns!
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 12:37:15 pm »
It'll be shit.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline Kahuna{=}Berger

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Innovate, not imitate.
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 12:39:46 pm »

I know he's old but Terminator just wouldn't feel right without Arnold in there. Granted, the director could be better and this could turn out to be a pile of dog shit but there's always hope.

I don't think there's any hope if Cameron isn't involved. The latest two have left a bad taste in my mouth. Terminator 1 and 2 are my favourite sci-fi/action movies ever, as well.

Offline ollick

• Huge Dick..and a Big Knob too!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Arghhhh
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 12:43:41 pm »
What I would like to see for T5.

John Connor, the Terminator (who didn't know he was a Terminator) and Kyle Reese capture an 'Arnie' Terminator who has the location of a haven for Terminators who break out of the Cyberdyne system and want to live 'free' away from the war.

The story is about how they get to this place, via various encounters and what nots. Cyberdyne send those morphing ones after them to link in with T2 and S.C.C Connor and Reese continue to bond and the two Terminators also 'bond' over their kind of hatred of being a machine.

The way that the Terminators have been able to survive is by being sent into all times of the past to live but now that Judgement Day happened they are all slowly making their way back to this 'haven'  from all over the world (op to have loads of views of other countries battling and Terminators walking over Everest, through deserts and under the sea to get back, it might even make you feel for them) - This is also where John Connor gets the time machine to send Reese back and it can be mentioned, say due to damage in the final shoot our scenes, that it can only be used for 1 or 2 'jumps in time' (Reese and T2's Arnie)

Obviously there'd be various ages of Arnie depending on how far back they went but the Arnie, Arnie (from T2 say as that's the Connor/Terminator bonding film) is the notional 'leader' though they'd have to fudge how he didn't die in the pool of molten metal, maybe it starts there with him climbing back out when John and Sarah leave the furnace place. (It would also mean that Arnie is the correct age to play the part)

Connor can then convince Arnie to join him in the 'final' battle to defeat Cyberdyne and that's where it ends (obviously after suitable big bangs, death of people we might like, Connors wife and child, the original Arnie, whoever)   

Then T6 can be the final human/terminator v Cyberdyne battle, then that's it no more.
Why do people quote other people for the sigs?  What' the point?

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 12:45:27 pm »

Offline Golden_Child

• I...I...I...Iwanttheknife......oh, serious mode? Okay. Ommmm. Give me the kniiiiiife. Ommmm. Pleeeaaaase!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 12:47:06 pm »
It will most likely be shit. T3 was shit. Salvation was erm, salvageable if they had stuck with the original ending. I guess it's all gonna hinge on whether they follow on from Salvation, bring it back to present day and rehash the first three OR, go all out for the bleak future war that you see at the beginning of the first two. I'd prefer the latter, that's what Salvation should have been.

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönĺld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2011, 12:50:49 pm »
It'll be shit.

indeed it will but i still need to see it =)

Offline danwms

• Legacy Fan
  • Walking through the storm.
    • Last FM
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2011, 12:50:58 pm »
Is he allowed to do acting role if he already has a job?

Offline ollick

• Huge Dick..and a Big Knob too!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Arghhhh
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2011, 12:54:45 pm »
Is he allowed to do acting role if he already has a job?

Think he's retiring/not getting re-elected.
Why do people quote other people for the sigs?  What' the point?

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2011, 12:56:55 pm »

What can he possibly do in T5  ???

Without special effects coming into play I mean.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2011, 12:59:46 pm »
Should've let it die after T2.

Offline Red James

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2011, 01:17:24 pm »
Should've let it die after T2.

This. Don't have much hope for a T5 but I'll still watch it just to see Arnie.

Offline Rusty Oysterburger

• Might be George Gillett
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2011, 01:23:42 pm »
It'll be shit on toast and probably won't even happen. The director is also crap.

Although, elderly Arnie can't be any worse than Christian Bale boring the house down in the last one.
www.twitter.com/savagefletch

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

Offline bellinter

• Infamous author of 'The Joy of Hate'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2011, 01:36:06 pm »
Although, elderly Arnie can't be any worse than Christian Bale boring the house down in the last one.

agree. Am a big Christian Bale fan but he was rubbish in Salvation, just like the rest of the film.
In ceremonies of the horsemen, even the pawn must hold a grudge.

Offline Golden_Child

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2011, 01:36:35 pm »

Stallone is older than Arnie. Didn't look too shabby last year in the Expendables. Muscle memory comes into play, especially when talking about a multiple Mr Olympia.

http://www.dietsinreview.com/diet_column/08/sylvester-stallones-expendables-workout/

If someone could post the pic in the article I'd be most grateful  :)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 01:38:53 pm by Golden_Child »

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2011, 01:43:02 pm »
Shouldn't happen.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Skuzzlebutt

• Legacy Fan
  • Hulk share opinion!!
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2011, 01:44:06 pm »

Thats the same guy.  Body-builder Paul Dillet.  After a load of personal problems he stopped training and started drinking and eating.  He got his shit together and and got back in the gym and was able to get his original physique back.

I'm not saying Arnie will look like his 1975 Mr Olympia winning body again, but he'll get his bulk back and fill out in the right places.  These guys are genetically gifted and it's only injuries, non bodybuilding work or personal problems which prevent them from staying in top shape.
We're gonna win the league-omiter

[00.........................................................]

V5. 2013 edition.  Optimism levels rusted solid.  We're givin' her all she's got Captain!!!

Offline Golden_Child

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2011, 01:47:37 pm »

Thats the same guy.  Body-builder Paul Dillet.  After a load of personal problems he stopped training and started drinking and eating.  He got his shit together and and got back in the gym and was able to get his original physique back.

Lee Priest done the same thing. Also, if anybody brings up the fact that Arnie is much older, Google Bernie Cooper. The guys ancient and looks better than 99.99% of us ever will.

Offline Skuzzlebutt

• Legacy Fan
  • Hulk share opinion!!
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2011, 01:50:12 pm »
Lee Priest done the same thing. Also, if anybody brings up the fact that Arnie is much older, Google Bernie Cooper. The guys ancient and looks better than 99.99% of us ever will.

Feel sorry for Lee Priest, he was a great competitor but always overlooked (no pun) for his height.  Funny fella too.
We're gonna win the league-omiter

[00.........................................................]

V5. 2013 edition.  Optimism levels rusted solid.  We're givin' her all she's got Captain!!!

Offline Golden_Child

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2011, 02:08:30 pm »
Feel sorry for Lee Priest, he was a great competitor but always overlooked (no pun) for his height.  Funny fella too.

I think being a complete nutjob didn't help him. I like him though, bit like the gazza of bodybuilding.

Offline Danyaals Kop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • allez les rouges
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2011, 02:19:29 pm »

Online Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2011, 03:22:01 pm »
God damnit
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline Bethany_LFC

• Anny Roader
  • Seconds away from Disaster...
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2011, 04:34:38 pm »

I'm not saying Arnie will look like his 1975 Mr Olympia winning body again, but he'll get his bulk back and fill out in the right places.  These guys are genetically gifted and it's only injuries, non bodybuilding work or personal problems which prevent them from staying in top shape.

He looks better fat in my opinion. Muscles like that just aren't normal.

Glad he sorted out his personal problems though.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2011, 04:42:35 pm »

If someone could post the pic in the article I'd be most grateful  :)

As requested.

Looks impressive, it must be said. Would be great if Arnie is back to that type of physique.

T2's my favourite sci-fi, ever, but none of the follow-ups have come anywhere near matching it sadly. T4 was okish, but a franchise with this much scope could generate another epic film with the right director and cast.

Offline TheDpoLenz without the please like

• Loves to cream himself - but never on the face... cainarbatonmai
  • Legacy Fan
  • sound,,,,,,
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2011, 04:46:04 pm »
Not that difficult getting cut these days even if your ancient ..anytime i feel like getting cut up i just go on cytomel and clenbuterol and have diet in check for 6 weeks looke toned as fuck

Offline Lucas21

• A Better Future
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Half of Everything is Luck
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2011, 05:00:38 pm »

To be fair that picture was shortly after he had heart problems which were preventing him from working out, Also taken before Terminator 3 iirc

Offline Golden_Child

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2011, 05:14:46 pm »

As requested.

Looks impressive, it must be said. Would be great if Arnie is back to that type of physique.

Many thanks  :D

It is impressive indeed, especially considering how out of shape Stallone had to be when he made Cop Land. Think he put on around 4 stone of blubber for the role and then hammered himself back into shape for Rocky Balboa, Rambo and The Expendables. I'm pretty sure Arnold could get himself into very respectable shape with the incentive of a multiple million dollar paycheck and a truckload of growth hormone.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 05:16:41 pm by Golden_Child »

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2011, 05:16:14 pm »
I'll be fat...
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2011, 05:37:27 pm »
Very promising franchise that has since turned to shit with a shite 3rd film and a below-average 4th film. Has no one noticed that after 4 films they are nowhere near explaining the actual main part of the story?

The 5th film should basically give a definitive ending to the series. Personally I'd have them travel back in time to the events of either the 2nd or 3rd film and have a crossover (like in Back to the Future 2) and restore some faith in the 'No Fate' philosophy that has been utterly destroyed by the latter two films. They go back in time, prevent shit from happening, end with a cliffhanger and call it a day for the series.

As I said before, it's a really promising series that has been utterly castrated by shite directing and screenwriting. If they finished the series and then went back to it in 10-15 years time with a re-imagining (think Battle Star Galactica or all the new Gundam series that come out) in an alternate universe, it could provide some re-ignition.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2011, 05:37:40 pm »

'Look,I am your Farter'

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2011, 06:03:34 pm »

As requested.

T2's my favourite sci-fi, ever, but none of the follow-ups have come anywhere near matching it sadly. T4 was okish, but a franchise with this much scope could generate another epic film with the right director and cast.
Impressive....wasnt it Stallone who was stopped going into Australia with human growth hormone or some steroid shit like that in his bag a couple of years ago?

I think we may be able to understand Stallones body after all
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2011, 06:11:04 pm »
Not another one :duh

1 was good,
2 was good,
3 was woeful,
salvation was shit,
this will be worse.

Offline Golden_Child

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2011, 06:40:08 pm »
Impressive....wasnt it Stallone who was stopped going into Australia with human growth hormone or some steroid shit like that in his bag a couple of years ago?

I think we may be able to understand Stallones body after all

Stallone has been on the juice since the early 80's. Having Franco Columbu and Gunnar Petersen as personal trainers helped a fair bit too. Pretty much all of your muscular action stars are or were on something. Arnold is the most obvious but Van Damme, The Rock & Vin Diesel were all roided up. Jason Statham or Hugh Jackman are pretty much on the edge of what can be considered achieveable naturally by a non-professional athlete.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2011, 06:43:39 pm »
I'll be slack..
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Lucas21

• A Better Future
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Half of Everything is Luck
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2011, 06:49:40 pm »

Offline Jules01

• Legacy Fan
  • Infamy,infamy,they've all got it in for me.
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2011, 06:53:49 pm »
Should have stopped after the 2nd really.

Having said that when it comes out i'll probably watch it 1 way or another. :-\

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2011, 07:34:19 pm »
Bale ruined it for me. He is fucking gash.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2011, 07:40:54 pm »
Stallone has been on the juice since the early 80's. Having Franco Columbu and Gunnar Petersen as personal trainers helped a fair bit too. Pretty much all of your muscular action stars are or were on something. Arnold is the most obvious but Van Damme, The Rock & Vin Diesel were all roided up. Jason Statham or Hugh Jackman are pretty much on the edge of what can be considered achieveable naturally by a non-professional athlete.
Although Statham was a professional athlete so he should look ripped!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline ♠Dirty Harry♠

• Michael Pain the tittie-fixated inflatable doll salesman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2011, 10:48:38 pm »

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2011, 10:51:36 pm »
Bale ruined it for me. He is fucking gash.

"I'll be taff"
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.