Author Topic: Amazon Kindle  (Read 72122 times)

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Amazon Kindle
« Reply #680 on: February 13, 2015, 01:38:40 pm »
Going for a nook HD+ 9"

Offline Prelude no.5

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • op.23. Thanks for everything Rafa
« Reply #681 on: February 15, 2015, 03:51:35 pm »
I'm heavily considering buying myself a Kindle since my old Nexus 10 doesn't do e-reading justice.

The new Kindle voyage is unavailable to send to Malta which is where I live.

If I have it delivered to my Uncle in the UK and have it sent over would there be any kind of problems in the future ? Or is it not region-specific ?

"We gave the fans the pride. Again. We fight for the fans, we fight for the club and we fight for our players. Maybe he cannot understand this." ~ Rafa Benitez

Offline marko35s

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #682 on: August 22, 2015, 08:58:28 pm »
Anybody know where I could find a copy of Soldier Five by Mike Coburn for Kindle, been scratching around for ages looking for it with no luck.

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #683 on: August 23, 2015, 09:52:11 am »
Anybody know where I could find a copy of Soldier Five by Mike Coburn for Kindle, been scratching around for ages looking for it with no luck.
It's on Myanonamouse. PM me an email address if you want an invite.

Offline marko35s

• Kopite
« Reply #684 on: August 23, 2015, 03:37:22 pm »
It's on Myanonamouse. PM me an email address if you want an invite.
Thanks mate - PM sent

Offline Djibriliant

• Last of the Great Romantics. All-year-round-twattish-dresser.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's Friday theeeeen, Saturday Sunday WHAT!?
« Reply #685 on: December 2, 2015, 05:49:11 pm »
I have a Kindle Fire that wont turn on, the screen is blank although it is making sound. I've tried holding the button down to reset but no joy, any ideas?
He wasn't perfect, he made mistakes. But he was genuine. He had the best interests of the club at heart, and gave us a plethora of successful teams that we should have been thankful for.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #686 on: October 23, 2017, 12:18:15 pm »
Can someone help as I'm a bit confused

Got a Kindle for me Birthday and have downloaded a sample of the book Shantaram

It looks like the sample is 40 odd chapters and 932 pages.

The thing is, the actual real book is 932 pages and 40 odd chapters.  Have I got the full book here or will it somehow stop me reading after a while?

Been on Amazon and the full Kindle version is priced at £7.99

Online .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #687 on: October 23, 2017, 12:57:56 pm »
Can someone help as I'm a bit confused

Got a Kindle for me Birthday and have downloaded a sample of the book Shantaram

It looks like the sample is 40 odd chapters and 932 pages.

The thing is, the actual real book is 932 pages and 40 odd chapters.  Have I got the full book here or will it somehow stop me reading after a while?

Been on Amazon and the full Kindle version is priced at £7.99

I would imagine once you skip on to a certain point it'll refuse to load the rest of the pages.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #688 on: October 23, 2017, 12:59:30 pm »
I would imagine once you skip on to a certain point it'll refuse to load the rest of the pages.

I have just noticed a little time indicator at the bottom of the page when i bring the Kindle tool bar up while reading. Says I have 49 minutes left.

Mystery Solved :)

Offline ollyfrom.tv

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #689 on: October 25, 2017, 11:09:35 am »
Ive just bought a fire hd 8 tablet. Does anyone know how i can turn off the autocorrect feature? Its doing my head in. Cheers

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #690 on: October 26, 2017, 05:11:58 am »
Treated myself to the Oasis... beautiful piece of kit..

https://www.engadget.com/2016/05/02/amazon-kindle-oasis-review/
During the recording sessions in Los Angeles, Spector held Johnny at gunpoint, forcing him to repeatedly play a riff.

Offline owens_2k

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #691 on: October 26, 2017, 01:44:29 pm »
Whats the best colour ereader out there at the moment? Am I right in saying Kindle paperwhite, voyager & Oasis only does black & white because of the E-Ink technology?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #692 on: October 26, 2017, 04:03:41 pm »
Ive just bought a fire hd 8 tablet. Does anyone know how i can turn off the autocorrect feature? Its doing my head in. Cheers

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201540670

https://www.technipages.com/kindle-fire-enable-disable-auto-correction-capitalization

They're great little tablets,bought me Ma one 2yrs ago,she is on it all the time & it hasn't skipped a beat.

She loves it so much that we've got her the new 10" for Christmas,spent the past week filling the SD card up with books,love how you can just send the files/books to the kindle email and it downloads & files them automatically,it will also convert them as well if need be.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #693 on: November 6, 2017, 03:20:29 pm »
Whats the best colour ereader out there at the moment? Am I right in saying Kindle paperwhite, voyager & Oasis only does black & white because of the E-Ink technology?

There are some colour e-ink technologies out there, but none have made it into the mainstream ereaders so if you need colour then it will have to be a tablet instead.

Offline owens_2k

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #694 on: November 6, 2017, 05:35:49 pm »
There are some colour e-ink technologies out there, but none have made it into the mainstream ereaders so if you need colour then it will have to be a tablet instead.
Thank you. My misses only uses her tablet for reading but the kids use it  for youtube etc too so it is very useful to be able to do both.