Author Topic: Doctor Who **USE SPOILER TAGS PLEASE**  (Read 349331 times)

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
Doctor Who **USE SPOILER TAGS PLEASE**
« on: July 20, 2009, 02:35:20 pm »
for those that havent seen it...

Looks like a definite swing back to very early Dr Who...

« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 07:49:19 pm by Rhi »
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

The Great 'Should have been Sir' Bob Paisley

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: New Doctor Who
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 02:36:28 pm »
She looks quite tasty as well

"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

Offline waittillmay

• Nicks sweets off kids.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 02:48:46 pm »
was really pissed off with the bbc this morning advertising just before 8am that they were going to show and talk about it. so my son gets all excited then at 8.30 they tell us its not on till 8.55 which is obviously too late on our way to school.

ps he looks retarded in that getup

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 02:58:13 pm »
Going for Indiana Jones chic. Will he get his whip out for the inevitable Torchwood cross over?

That TARDIS looks really plastic and crap. It should look a little more lived in.

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 03:01:03 pm »

I can see why they picked him, but his face looks the bottom of a foot.

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline walshys_mullet

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2009, 03:05:04 pm »
Im guessing the Tardis and him will look better on film. Hopefully....

Offline lachesis

• RAWK Scribe
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • МАРКСИСТ
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2009, 03:41:47 pm »
Clothes look too small and tight, and he looks like he drinks loads of coffee. Having said that, he looks like a twat.

Offline ollick

• Huge Dick..and a Big Knob too!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Arghhhh
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2009, 10:09:05 am »
was really pissed off with the bbc this morning advertising just before 8am that they were going to show and talk about it. so my son gets all excited then at 8.30 they tell us its not on till 8.55 which is obviously too late on our way to school.

ps he looks retarded in that getup

Is that really any way to talk about your son in his school uniform?
Why do people quote other people for the sigs?  What' the point?

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2009, 10:36:05 am »
Is that really any way to talk about your son in his school uniform?

:lmao

I don't mind the clothing, although the shoes don't really seem to match.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2010, 09:39:13 pm »
Oh dear the new trailer looks awful!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/newyear/
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline lfcss

• dull
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2010, 11:34:40 pm »
God that looks bloody awful.

Oh and what a shock the daleks are back..........already running out of ideas for the new doctor are they?
If there's a Mrs Skrtel she probably has to wear shinpads to bed.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2010, 11:40:55 pm »
It does look terrible, doesn't it.  I'm assuming it's just some shitty trailer and not actually part of any episodes, right?

RIGHT?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Plinkyplonk

• I orinar en las piscinas. HECHO!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cockles
    • Avon Brixham Liverpool Devon Paignton Torquay
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2010, 01:22:22 am »
To be honest, I was gutted when DT left..... and I didn't want this new doctor..... but then during the regeneration I kinda got a bit excited and wet my pants a little...... I actually think he'll do quite well..... and she's a bit of a fittie :D

I can't wait!!!

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2010, 02:40:47 am »
To be honest, I was gutted when DT left..... and I didn't want this new doctor..... but then during the regeneration I kinda got a bit excited and wet my pants a little...... I actually think he'll do quite well..... and she's a bit of a fittie :D

I can't wait!!!
let me guess, you love twilight and Robert Pattinson :P
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2010, 03:04:44 am »
It does look terrible, doesn't it.  I'm assuming it's just some shitty trailer and not actually part of any episodes, right?

RIGHT?

Right.

But my fucking god. Do they have to keep trying to add shitty sexual tension between the doctor and the assistant? Three new doctors now, and 3/4 assistants with a bit of a crush. Fuck off.

And to whoever, they're legally obligated to have the daleks in every season of Doctor Who, according to the longer DW thread on here. Plus, having enjoyed the older DWs, I have to say it would be odd having a series without them.

Also, it's good to see the angel statues return.

WHile that trialer was right, the new show runner has earned my faith, so I'll not judge until I've actually seen it.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2010, 05:04:01 am »
Diabolical trailer that.

Doubt it's actual footage from any episode though, so not that worried. Steve Moffat's been responsible for some of the better episodes in the last couple of seasons, so he definitely deserves a bit of faith. Angels from Blink are coming back, I think I read somewhere River Song will be in this series as well, so really looking forward to seeing more of his genius creations.

But my fucking god. Do they have to keep trying to add shitty sexual tension between the doctor and the assistant? Three new doctors now, and 3/4 assistants with a bit of a crush. Fuck off.

Should just bang and get it over with. Then they could do a Time Lord / Dalek / Human love-triangle. Woohoo.

::)
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline Frank.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2010, 11:34:50 am »
He looks like JJ from skins.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2010, 01:08:35 pm »
He looks like JJ from skins.

Or Rocky from out of that Mask film.

Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2010, 05:55:37 pm »
Diabolical trailer that.

Doubt it's actual footage from any episode though, so not that worried. Steve Moffat's been responsible for some of the better episodes in the last couple of seasons, so he definitely deserves a bit of faith. Angels from Blink are coming back, I think I read somewhere River Song will be in this series as well, so really looking forward to seeing more of his genius creations.

Should just bang and get it over with. Then they could do a Time Lord / Dalek / Human love-triangle. Woohoo.

::)

Song is definately back.

Offline Thush

• Spawwow, Tit. Anal Chat is "Equidistant between chit-chat and analysis"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's pronounced "Toosh"
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2010, 06:02:06 pm »
Spot on.

The best recent companion has been Donna who didn't fancy The Doctor. I was hoping that the change in Doctor and RTD would mean a change to the status quo, but once the new companion was announced, it was clear that they were sticking with same old relationship. The trailers have done nothing to alter that impression either.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2010, 07:38:37 pm »
Yeah, and she seems far more 'crushy' than Rose or Martha ever were, based on the trailer. Ugh.

Offline Plinkyplonk

• Legacy Fan
  • Cockles
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2010, 07:57:03 pm »
let me guess, you love twilight and Robert Pattinson :P
PMSL Never even watched it, so ner :P

Offline ashleyrose-66

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Back on our perch!
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2010, 08:23:44 pm »
It all looks very CBBC to me!

The new 'hip and trendy' DW logo, the younger actor, the new tardis... it just looks like the sort of shit they would put on just before Newsround.

Offline Mouth

• Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2010, 11:53:39 pm »
PMSL Never even watched it, so ner :P
Never the less the Doctor should not be called a fitty, its unseamly! :P

Totally, it was an interesting twist to begin with, as it dragged the show into the now and it hadnt been done before. But now its just tedious, not to mention a bit creepy if you stop and think about it, the Doctor is how old? And he still chases teenage girls! :P I hope to god they dont lay it on so thick, it will be nothing more than an intergalactic version of moonlighting, will they wont they, who gives a fuck!! I did hope going by the look of him and the demeanor, that they would of made him like the uber geeky nerd boy, but seems they are going for the crush/love angle even more. They should of thought of going the tomboy route, like Ace, she was good, always blowing stuff up and hitting daleks with a baseball bat.

Hopefully early on in the series the doc will slip her a rohypnol, do the dirty deed and leave her high and dry on some far flung rock on the other side of time and space.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2010, 09:03:25 am »
Hopefully early on in the series the doc will slip her a rohypnol, do the dirty deed and leave her high and dry on some far flung rock on the other side of time and space.

He's already done that to Catherine Tate's character.

Offline finchie

• It's the truth I tells ya!... the truth!...
  • Kopite
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2010, 11:14:10 am »
But now its just tedious, not to mention a bit creepy if you stop and think about it, the Doctor is how old? And he still chases teenage girls!
It's even creepier when you've seen Cushing or Hartnell as the Doctor.

Offline Plinkyplonk

• Legacy Fan
  • Cockles
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2010, 01:40:39 pm »
It all looks very CBBC to me!

The new 'hip and trendy' DW logo, the younger actor, the new tardis... it just looks like the sort of shit they would put on just before Newsround.

The new logo is massively rubbish, I agree.  But for the tardis..... they couldn't exactly use the old one as it as so badly damaged.... it does look a bit too "new" but I'm sure after a few travels it will wear in a bit...... I don't think it looks all that different.... just ..... new.

Oh, and Mouth..... you might want to re-read my post, for although DT was a fox, I never referred to him as a fitty :P
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 01:45:36 pm by Kuyty-Loo »

Offline gerrardspetal

• Rabid psycho nut harvester with no idea - but she did have some points
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • miaaaaaaaaaaow
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2010, 01:59:55 pm »
Did you all know that the new Tardis was designed by a Blue Peter viewer??  Saw this on CBBC yesterday.
“You could say it’s not about being local, but about being vocal.
Kristian is a idiot.  A bad idiot.  Also a virgin.

@gerrardspetal - twitter

Offline Rusty Oysterburger

• Might be George Gillett
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2010, 02:07:09 pm »
While that trailer was quite terrible, I do like how the Doctor seems to be a bit more fantastical and whimsical like the older variations rather than the boderline depressive and oh-no-we're-all-going-to-die tone that the last few series had.

Not sold on the new assisstant yet, shouldn't judge of that poorly done trailer but I've only seen her in The Kevin Bishop Show on channel 4 and the less said of that the better.
www.twitter.com/savagefletch

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

Offline ashleyrose-66

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Back on our perch!
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2010, 03:09:16 pm »
Did you all know that the new Tardis was designed by a Blue Peter viewer??  Saw this on CBBC yesterday.

Is it not exactly the same as the one used by Cushing in the two films?

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2010, 03:09:38 pm »
I loved Ace!

Offline gerrardspetal

• Rabid psycho nut harvester with no idea - but she did have some points
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • miaaaaaaaaaaow
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2010, 03:14:42 pm »
Is it not exactly the same as the one used by Cushing in the two films?

I have no idea as I don't really watch Dr Who myself I just thought I'd share with you what I had seen on Blue Peter yesterday. 
I should have said the 'Inside' of the tardis
“You could say it’s not about being local, but about being vocal.
Kristian is a idiot.  A bad idiot.  Also a virgin.

@gerrardspetal - twitter

Offline Marcus6

• QueenOfTheSouth7 (steals food from children)
  • Legacy Fan
  • 6 ft 2, Eyes of Blue, Billy Bonds is after you...
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2010, 03:20:13 pm »
Bring back DT
From custard slices to menstrual waste in 4 posts. That's impressive, even for RAWK.

Offline Mouth

• Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2010, 08:30:25 pm »
It gets better.......

Oh, and Mouth..... you might want to re-read my post, for although DT was a fox, I never referred to him as a fitty :P
oopsie :P

Offline SP

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2010, 08:34:44 pm »
It gets better.......

oopsie :P

Jabba the Hut?

Offline Mouth

• Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2010, 08:38:10 pm »

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2010, 01:12:52 pm »
i'm getting a sneak preview today.  will report back.

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2010, 10:25:18 am »
i'm getting a sneak preview today.  will report back.

Was it that good Hass?

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2010, 06:29:28 pm »
Was it that good Hass?

never happened i'm afraid.  we were pitching on the credit sequence and were supposed to see the show for 'vibes'

it turned out there wasn't enough time to make it nice so they went with the special effects company they've been making the show with.

they're ace by the way so expecting great things.

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• Will be very sadly missed on RAWK and elsewhere.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a proud cyber terrorist!
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2010, 09:16:29 pm »
I think this gives a better idea what it maybe like.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/UnPUF8an-XE&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/UnPUF8an-XE&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 09:42:48 pm by Fanxxxxtastic »
http://twitter.com/Fanxxxxtastic

"A big heart has space for everyone" - Rafa Benitez

Smash the cull!  Smash the BNP!