Author Topic: The Hyundai A-League Thread  (Read 84257 times)

Offline RedmeisterOZ

• Legacy Fan
Re: The Hyundai A-League Thread
« Reply #80 on: February 6, 2009, 11:18:46 am »
Minor Semi Final (1st Leg)

Central Coast 0  Queensland 2
I'll tell you one thing for sure... I wouldn't trust no words written down on no piece of paper, especially from no Dickenson out in the town of Machine.

Offline Fluro Kaz

• Anny Roader
« Reply #81 on: February 6, 2009, 11:41:45 am »
Tiatto really is a deadshit.

Cant see Central Coast putting up much of a fight next week. If they attack to much Zullo will hurt them to much on the counter and Charlie Miller and Van Dyk will score with ease if given good service on the counter.

Ernie Merrick has said Melbourne will attack tomorrow after last time they were in this exact situation The Victory defended for 90 minutes at hindmarsh for the 0-0 draw.

Cmon Melbourne tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!

Offline RedmeisterOZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: February 6, 2009, 11:57:53 am »
Queensland in box seat to advance to the Preliminary final now Fluro Kaz. Don't have to take any great risks with the two away goals tonight. Tiatto, red card for a two footed, studs showing tackle.
I'll tell you one thing for sure... I wouldn't trust no words written down on no piece of paper, especially from no Dickenson out in the town of Machine.

Offline RedmeisterOZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: February 7, 2009, 11:01:10 pm »
Major Semi Final (1st Leg)

Adelaide 0  Melbourne 2

Offline Fluro Kaz

• Anny Roader
« Reply #84 on: February 9, 2009, 04:57:24 pm »
Watched the highlights and Tiatto should of been sent off for his first tackle anyway who gives a shit because Melbourne gave Adelaide a flogging  ;D Archie should really of made t 3-0 but in both games the home side will just counter attack and unleess central coast or Ade;aide get lucky with their shooting it will be Adelaide Queensland pre lim fora place to go to Melbourne...

Banner for the semi final 'CAN WE PLAY YOU EVERY WEEK?' since we have beaten them every game so far this season

Offline Fluro Kaz

• Anny Roader
« Reply #85 on: February 10, 2009, 03:45:02 pm »
a R.I.P febuary 09 will be on the back of our semi final banner which will just be spray painted on a sheet so no master piece.

For the final we were thinking if its Adelaide maybe 'I'd rather be chocko than a choker'? 

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: February 22, 2009, 11:51:35 am »
So Melbourne v Adelaide at the Telstra Dome next weekend.

Surprised Adelaide won to be honest, Queensland dominated em for quite a few long spells of possessions, and just kept failing to put the ball in the back of the net. Nicholls? wasted about half a dozen chances in particular. That Adelaide goal was an absolute screamer, and I guess now it's just Victory's to lose.

Glad they told the AFL to fuck off with their stupid little nab cup game, and move that instead. Be ridiculous if they had to move the venue for an A-League final for that utterly pointless pre-season competition.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline Ozzy_Red

• about Sharon in OK magazine again.. Not the sharpest shrimp on the barbie but probably the most irritating
  • Legacy Fan
  • A pig. In a cage. On antibiotics
« Reply #87 on: April 13, 2009, 09:48:06 am »
What does everyone think of Gold Coast United and Nth. Queensland?

Gold Coast have some great players:

Vanstratten
A. Griffiths
Thwaite
Culina
Smeltz

and of course Nth Queensland have the greatest player in Australian Club Football history: God.

Rarfer out! Go the Liverpool Reds Football Franchise!

Wanker : Manchester United fan. Follower of Manchester United. Denzien of Manchester. More likely to know more about white dog poo than football.

Offline Ze Boy

• Boys Pen
« Reply #88 on: April 20, 2009, 11:32:43 pm »
What does everyone think of Gold Coast United and Nth. Queensland?

Gold Coast have some great players:

Vanstratten
A. Griffiths
Thwaite
Culina
Smeltz

and of course Nth Queensland have the greatest player in Australian Club Football history: God.

I do like the idea of these teams well at least GC not sure about NQ they are however getting great press in Townsville something ill afforded down here in Melbourne, GC should tear it up next season.

Looks like we'll sign Hernandez which should be good considering that no Champion side have maintained their midfield structure the following season.

Overall I think that the new teams are generating a lot of buzz it should be good to see the season extended some more as well.

Offline pepe_carra_stevie_nando

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: April 21, 2009, 12:17:11 pm »
Deffo marking down the date Glory play NQ. Will be at Members Equity without a doubt.
Thing is, if you're going to have a massive beard then you simply MUST have a 'tache with it. Otherwise you just look like you've dipped your sticky chin in to a box of fannies.

Offline Fluro Kaz

• Anny Roader
« Reply #90 on: April 30, 2009, 11:15:11 am »

the new kits minus gold coast and brisbane(formely Queensland)
Wish some sides would change kit sponser, just for some variety. NQ's is as bad as their name but no doubt God will pull it off. I have no idea what Central  Coast will do when they play away in Wellington  or Newcastle ??? . Not a big fan of buying kits but will be getting the Melbourne away for around the house.

Also the new stadium for The Victory and NRL team the storm is coming along and is going to looking awesome! sceduled to be finished in time for Melbournes Asian CL campaign.

Robbie Folwer gave an interview the other night and seemed happy to be training and refused to write off Liverpool in the title race.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 05:04:29 pm by Fluro Kaz »

Offline Fluro Kaz

• Anny Roader
« Reply #91 on: April 30, 2009, 11:31:47 am »
While I understand The A-League is going to have to have a finals system to get more Aussies along and its a great money maker its well embarrsing for this season with the top 6 (from 10) teams making the finals. The systrm will stay in place for the seasin after when there are 12 sides. Looking at it,it really is difficult for 6th to win it but in Japan I think a side from about 6th and 20 odd points off first dominated the finals and won which for me is shocking...and this system still makes the possibilty of the top 2 sides playing 3 times in 4 weeks which isnt ideal

the  format in full...

Week 1: Semi Finals
Match A: 1 v 2 (1st leg)
Match B: 3 v 6 (one off game)
Match C: 4 v 5 (one off game)

Week 2: Semi Finals
Match D: 1 v 2 (2nd leg)
Match E: Winner Match B v Winner Match C (one off game)

Week 3: Preliminary Final
Match F: Loser Match AD v Winner Match E (one off game)

Week 4: Grand Final
Match G: Winner Match AD v Winner Match F (one off game)

Offline Ozzy_Red

• about Sharon in OK magazine again.. Not the sharpest shrimp on the barbie but probably the most irritating
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: June 3, 2009, 01:32:48 am »
GC brought 3 brazillians, they should be a force under good management, Perth seem to have initiative this year, maybe a dark horse?

Wanker : Manchester United fan. Follower of Manchester United. Denzien of Manchester. More likely to know more about white dog poo than football.

Offline Ozzy_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: June 3, 2009, 01:36:17 am »
While I understand The A-League is going to have to have a finals system to get more Aussies along and its a great money maker its well embarrsing for this season with the top 6 (from 10) teams making the finals. The systrm will stay in place for the seasin after when there are 12 sides. Looking at it,it really is difficult for 6th to win it but in Japan I think a side from about 6th and 20 odd points off first dominated the finals and won which for me is shocking...and this system still makes the possibilty of the top 2 sides playing 3 times in 4 weeks which isnt ideal

the  format in full...

Week 1: Semi Finals
Match A: 1 v 2 (1st leg)
Match B: 3 v 6 (one off game)
Match C: 4 v 5 (one off game)

Week 2: Semi Finals
Match D: 1 v 2 (2nd leg)
Match E: Winner Match B v Winner Match C (one off game)

Week 3: Preliminary Final
Match F: Loser Match AD v Winner Match E (one off game)

Week 4: Grand Final
Match G: Winner Match AD v Winner Match F (one off game)

Should just keep the top 4 as final qualificators. 6th winning would be the equilvilent of Fulham winning the PL, ludicrious.

Hopefully as the league grows (talk of a 2 or 3 new Sydney and Melbourne teams, aswell as Hobart)

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #94 on: June 3, 2009, 01:42:59 am »
why did I think that it's a thread about the Japanese league when I saw the title of the thread?
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline Manila Kop

• TRYING HARD TO FIT IN OOTER
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Greatest Fighter in the World
« Reply #95 on: June 3, 2009, 03:52:10 am »
why did I think that it's a thread about the Japanese league when I saw the title of the thread?

A-League = Australia, J-League = Japan, K-League = Korea
The infallible wank stain
Lolzies. More chance of a wank off the pope than beating United, I'm afraid. It is beyond Benitez, apart from when they were at their lowest ebb, when we knocked them out of the FA Cup. They certainly aren't anywhere near there now.

Offline Brissie Red

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #96 on: June 3, 2009, 06:15:34 am »
It's good to see Celtic coming down here in brisbane to play the Roar in mid July. Got tickets and I am looking foward to this. Fulham are playing Gold Coast and Perth? and I think Wolves are coming down as well. More of these exhibition matches in Aus in the coming pre seasons would be good to stimulate the public interest. I hear the Roar v Celtic game will be a 50000 sellout.

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #97 on: June 3, 2009, 10:58:12 am »
A-League = Australia, J-League = Japan, K-League = Korea
cheers.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: June 3, 2009, 12:44:14 pm »
Hopefully getting tickets to Glory v Fulham. Will defo be cheering for the Glory, although I do like Fulham a lot.
Thing is, if you're going to have a massive beard then you simply MUST have a 'tache with it. Otherwise you just look like you've dipped your sticky chin in to a box of fannies.

Offline RedmeisterOZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: August 6, 2009, 04:00:13 pm »

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A-League season 2009/10

Expanded to 10 teams.

Brisbane Roar
Central Coast Mariners
Sydney FC
Adelaide United
Melbourne Victory
Newcastle Jets
Perth Glory
Wellington Phoenix
North Queensland Fury (New)
Gold Coast United (New)

Opening game tonight:

Melbourne Victory 0   Central Coast 2       

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: August 7, 2009, 09:07:02 am »
I see North Queensland have made Robbie captain.

Hope he has a great season. Think I'll go and have a look when he comes over to Melbourne.
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: August 8, 2009, 04:25:55 pm »
I think we were unlucky against Adelaide. Granted they were the better team but we had some good chances near the end to snatch a goal.

That penalty decision was a load of wank as well because that is never a pen and there is no way the linesman could have seen from that angle (he payed it not the ref). Although, it did make up for the penalty decision turned down at the start when it was a clear pen for Adelaide.

Offline RedmeisterOZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: August 9, 2009, 02:00:43 am »
I think we were unlucky against Adelaide. Granted they were the better team but we had some good chances near the end to snatch a goal.

That penalty decision was a load of wank as well because that is never a pen and there is no way the linesman could have seen from that angle (he payed it not the ref). Although, it did make up for the penalty decision turned down at the start when it was a clear pen for Adelaide.

Totally agree. It's the twisted logic of some A-League refeering. Pays a penalty when there isn't one and bloody ignores the obvious foul inside the box. ::) That said, refeering is so much easier from the stands or in front of the TV. ;)

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: September 27, 2009, 09:35:29 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axbP7Vz1Liw

2:02 in, Carlos Hernandez. Absolute screamer.

Just as good, if not better than Gods goal last weekend.

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Australian cricket correspondent & 2014 AFL tipping champion of the World
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: September 27, 2009, 10:53:59 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axbP7Vz1Liw

2:02 in, Carlos Hernandez. Absolute screamer.

Just as good, if not better than Gods goal last weekend.
Plus it was for the Big V.  ;)

Hope to be going to the match against Sydney on the 9th. Should be good.

Offline Ozzy_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: September 28, 2009, 08:16:24 am »
Mel v Syd, best game in OZ

Offline Red_Skippy

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
    • Facebook
« Reply #106 on: September 28, 2009, 11:09:23 am »
Mel v Syd, best game in OZ

A game I suspect Sydney will win :)
I think I love football more than woman...

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Australian cricket correspondent & 2014 AFL tipping champion of the World
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: September 28, 2009, 02:15:05 pm »
A game I suspect Sydney will win :)
Well i suspect Melbourne will win. It will be a great game though. Should be nice and attacking. Hopefully will get 30,000+ to the game.

Offline Roopy

• Kopite
« Reply #108 on: September 28, 2009, 02:25:11 pm »
Forza Brisbane Roar :)

Haven't missed a single home game at Suncorp since the A-League started.

I remember the good ol' days when we used to average 14-15k per game... and now we are down to 6k !!!!

Still, we beat Sydney :)

Offline RedmeisterOZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: September 29, 2009, 12:48:49 pm »
Forza Brisbane Roar :)

Haven't missed a single home game at Suncorp since the A-League started.

I remember the good ol' days when we used to average 14-15k per game... and now we are down to 6k !!!!

Still, we beat Sydney :)
Any ideas on the reasons for the drop in crowds? I know in the southern states the attendances increase once the AFL season is over.
(*awaits the usual...'Brisbane are rubbish' replies* ;))

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: September 29, 2009, 01:20:41 pm »
Hopefully headed to watch the Glory take on 'God' on Satdee. Just waiting for a couple of mates to give me a yes or no answer.

Offline Roopy

• Kopite
« Reply #111 on: September 30, 2009, 05:05:01 am »
Any ideas on the reasons for the drop in crowds? I know in the southern states the attendances increase once the AFL season is over.
(*awaits the usual...'Brisbane are rubbish' replies* ;))

Firstly... ticket prices have gone up at Suncorp... stupidest idea that.

Secondly, club is not engaging with the local community.

Given Brisbane Roar are essentially the old Qld Lions state football team... they began life without the support of the ethnics who despised Lions for all their money... these include Brisbane Olimpic, Brisbane City etc etc.

The Roar just think people will show up if they team does well... not the case.

Offline kaz1983

• "Bloody Memory Wavers" Currently in debt with RAWK.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well dunno what to say, honest
« Reply #112 on: October 3, 2009, 05:32:25 am »
This will be up at the Glory v Nth Queensland match ...

:D

EDIT; am going change C into a S, to make it MERSY......

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: October 3, 2009, 09:17:47 am »
oh nice one, hope they show it on the telly  ;)

Offline Fluro Kaz

• Anny Roader
« Reply #114 on: October 3, 2009, 01:01:50 pm »
Robbie was quiet but his side proved they are more than a one man show, after loosing a man just before half time, they got fought out a 1-1 draw all be it through an own goal, but they were the better side over the 90 minutes, and were due some luck.

In the 2nd game the mighty Melbourne (guess who I support)  ;) beat Brisbane 2-1. Was a good heated game. And take Melbourne to the top and gives them 3 wins on the bounce ahead of next weeks home game against Sydney. :D

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: October 3, 2009, 01:35:23 pm »
Glad I didn't waste my money on the Glory game today. What a pathetic performance from the Glory who couldn't even win playing a half against 10 men. The Fury goal shouldn't have been allowed as the Fury player clearly pushed Velaphi over the line, but it was also Velaphi's fault as he could have easily put the ball over the bar for a corner.

Offline Fluro Kaz

• Anny Roader
« Reply #116 on: October 3, 2009, 01:49:27 pm »
deffo  a foul, but like i said North QLD were due a bit of luck, Looking forward to where the season goes from here after being so tight so far. 

Also on the word of expansion only 1 new team next season (a 2nd team called Melbourne Heart at the moment, not expected to be the actual name) and a 2nd Sydney team the season after, and is being suggested they will be Sydney Rovers.

Dont know how Sydney fans feel but as a Melbourne lad i really hope the 2nd Melbourne team doesn't have Melbourne in their name, sure it works in Manchester, but this is very different.

As for crowds, we couldn't crack 20 thousand tonight, will hopefully get around 30 for sydney next week. Perth got 12 thousand. which is alright but everyone else is really struggling. Clive Palmer has said in the past he is not concerned about home crowd figures, but how much better is it watching live or on tv a game with a decent crowd.  He doesnt need the money so i dont know why he doesnt make tickets cheap, could probably get a few fans down from Brisbane as well since their ticket prices are up

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: October 3, 2009, 03:56:36 pm »
Perth got 12 thousand. which is alright

That is a good crowd these days for the Glory. It is the highest all season and if they stay up near the top of the ladder, expect those numbers to increase now the AFL season has finished.

Offline Fluro Kaz

• Anny Roader
« Reply #118 on: October 31, 2009, 01:15:19 pm »
fucking shambles of a night of a league tonight. Seriously Football can thrive in this country if the people at the top try hard enough.

a nil all draw in canberra where the game is given fuck all advertisement. maybe 20 fans in the crowd actually singing, then to the gold coast where 3 stands are locked and only 5 thousand allowed in the 1 open stand to make it cheaper for the owner (he only has over 8 billion dollars). and 2 and a half thousand show up (good to see the "active support" break into the stand behind their goal in the 2nd half and had banners against the shut out). Thank God (literally) we got some goals after over 2 hours of no goals or atmosphere.

pumping all this money into  a world cup bid looks pretty stupid on tonight. We should forget 2018 and use a fair whack of money to promote the A-league

Offline RedmeisterOZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: October 31, 2009, 02:07:12 pm »
fucking shambles of a night of a league tonight. Seriously Football can thrive in this country if the people at the top try hard enough.

a nil all draw in canberra where the game is given fuck all advertisement. maybe 20 fans in the crowd actually singing, then to the gold coast where 3 stands are locked and only 5 thousand allowed in the 1 open stand to make it cheaper for the owner (he only has over 8 billion dollars). and 2 and a half thousand show up (good to see the "active support" break into the stand behind their goal in the 2nd half and had banners against the shut out). Thank God (literally) we got some goals after over 2 hours of no goals or atmosphere.

pumping all this money into  a world cup bid looks pretty stupid on tonight. We should forget 2018 and use a fair whack of money to promote the A-league
Agree Fluro Kaz. Don't blame the Canberra fans boycotting the game. Some turned up but it was obviously
a failure for the A-League tonight. Canberra, should have had a team, forget the Kiwis. FFS. Teams this season, on the whole, have been pretty defensive which is not going to increase crowd numbers. I was only told this week of the 5,000 limit for the Fury due tax rules etc. Mad really :P.