Author Topic: LFC friendly pubs in London - General guide  (Read 332663 times)

Offline Greg

• RAWK Statto
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • http://www.twitter.com/@paintbox_
Re: Calling all London-based Reds
« Reply #120 on: April 30, 2007, 01:44:41 pm »
Where in Peckham?

The Nag's Head?

Make sure that arl c*nt's not on the piano.

Offline Captain-Carra

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Norbert Klopp. The Boss.
« Reply #121 on: April 30, 2007, 01:46:48 pm »
OK, I may make an appearance if I may!
Me too, Used to go the F3K but as they say, too close to the russians.

Hope to get a few "Ohhh campione's" going
"The major civilising force in the world is not religion, it's sex." - Hugh Hefner

Offline ConnieLFC

• New York family capo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes?
« Reply #122 on: April 30, 2007, 02:59:18 pm »
OK lads (and ladies, and New Yorkers), the Famous 3 Kings sounds like it may be too near to Chelsea territory, so it looks like the King's Head in Islington is favourite for tomorrow, with O'Neill's on hand if things don't look good in the KH. Click this link below for a map to the King's Head (the arrow shows the pub). And just south of it, where it says the Hilton, you'll find O'Neill's.

Nearest tube, Angel on the Northern Line, or Highbury & Islington ( a little bit further) on the Victoria line.

See you in there in red…

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=531671&y=183826&z=0&ar=Y
Cheers, TKM - have passed along the info to the NY supporter who's flying over tonight.   Sounds like it'll be a blast!!   :wave

Offline That Kennedy moment

• "Down in 1...down in 1...or 2, 3, 4, 5, 6..... *pause* .....47, 48, 49..... *sigh*.....
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Why I'm here
« Reply #123 on: April 30, 2007, 04:16:30 pm »
Sorry, posted the wrong map link earlier. The pub is NOT the King's Head on Upper St, but the King's Head on Essex Rd (how many heads did he have, ffs).

Same tube, same area, but here's the right map link, and ta to the previous poster for pointing that out…

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=115+Upper+Street,+Islington,+London+N1+1QN+&sll=51.537867,-0.102611&sspn=0.004705,0.014334&layer=&ie=UTF8&om=1&z=17&ll=51.537761,-0.101141&spn=0.004705,0.014334&iwloc=addr

Try the hybrid or satellite views (top right corner of map) if you really want to get your bearings
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 04:18:22 pm by That Kennedy moment »
'I'd rather have a quick wank, a cup of tea and read the Beano frankly.'
Cornelius, 8 September 2008

Offline aaronrobinson

• Main Stander
« Reply #124 on: April 30, 2007, 05:09:23 pm »
The Kings Head on Essex Road is not great. For a start it's full of old timers and they won't appreciate the chanting. there is a big screen but it's at the front of th upb and you won't be able to see it if only a few stand up.

One of th chain pubs will be better. I've watched in O'Neills before and it would be a much better venue.

Offline steampie

• Kopite
  • Truth yes, now Justice.
« Reply #125 on: April 30, 2007, 05:12:29 pm »
Sorry, posted the wrong map link earlier. The pub is NOT the King's Head on Upper St, but the King's Head on Essex Rd (how many heads did he have, ffs).

Same tube, same area, but here's the right map link, and ta to the previous poster for pointing that out…

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=115+Upper+Street,+Islington,+London+N1+1QN+&sll=51.537867,-0.102611&sspn=0.004705,0.014334&layer=&ie=UTF8&om=1&z=17&ll=51.537761,-0.101141&spn=0.004705,0.014334&iwloc=addr

Try the hybrid or satellite views (top right corner of map) if you really want to get your bearings

Mate, that's actually still the wrong map.  The correct (third time's a charm) link is here.

I think [naming your daughter] Fuckoffyoubitterblueshitebastards Becker has a nice ring to it.

Offline nico10

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #126 on: April 30, 2007, 05:16:37 pm »
think its the old queen's head on essex road. watched the 1st leg against PSV there. good venue. top looking barmaids and loads of other skank!

• "Down in 1...down in 1...or 2, 3, 4, 5, 6..... *pause* .....47, 48, 49..... *sigh*.....
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Why I'm here
« Reply #127 on: April 30, 2007, 05:28:05 pm »
Mate, that's actually still the wrong map.  The correct (third time's a charm) link is here.

Feck… I'll get me coat.

See you at the King's Head on Essex Rd tomorrow. O'Neill's as back-up. Sounds like there's gonna be plenty of reds in both.

Offline aaronrobinson

• Main Stander
« Reply #128 on: April 30, 2007, 05:39:02 pm »
The Queens Head is a great pub and the totty is always top notch in there.

I can tell you though that the old Extra Time Bar bunch are headed to the Litten Tree again.

Offline Captain-Carra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: April 30, 2007, 05:41:33 pm »
The Queens Head is a great pub and the totty is always top notch in there.

I can tell you though that the old Extra Time Bar bunch are headed to the Litten Tree again.
Was the Litten tree any good?

Was at the game last week so didn't go. Hoping for somewhere with just reds, good beer and a good sing song of the classic, not just FOAR.
"The major civilising force in the world is not religion, it's sex." - Hugh Hefner

Offline aaronrobinson

• Main Stander
« Reply #130 on: April 30, 2007, 05:53:59 pm »
The Litten Tree was packed with reds. There were a handful of Chelsea and some good (one way :) banter between them. there are also plenty of screens so you'll definitely be able to see the match, however the main screen was difficult to see because there wasn't enough low level seating and too many people standing.

They hadn't got enough bar staff in but hopefully they'll learn their lesson from last time.

Offline grooverider527

• Main Stander
« Reply #131 on: April 30, 2007, 06:53:44 pm »
went to famous 3 kings for last weeks game vs chelsea and saw one of the barca legs there as well. In the downstairs area it was heaving with lfc fans, only 1 chelsea fan. Top, top atmosphere, will be going again 2moro. If you are heading down there then i recommend getting there earlyish because last week they had shut the doors about 10 mins into the game.

Offline steampie

• Kopite
  • Truth yes, now Justice.
« Reply #132 on: April 30, 2007, 07:51:20 pm »
The Litten Tree was packed with reds. There were a handful of Chelsea and some good (one way :) banter between them. there are also plenty of screens so you'll definitely be able to see the match, however the main screen was difficult to see because there wasn't enough low level seating and too many people standing.

They hadn't got enough bar staff in but hopefully they'll learn their lesson from last time.

I'm sure the lesson won't be learned.  It took me >10 minutes every time to get a drink, same as everyone else around me.  Absolute shithole; I'll go 1 stop further on the Tube to Angel tomorrow.
I think [naming your daughter] Fuckoffyoubitterblueshitebastards Becker has a nice ring to it.

Offline Gethin

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #133 on: April 30, 2007, 10:04:51 pm »
YEah - the Litten Tree was shit (mainly due to the the 15-20 minute wait for a pint) - good bunch of Reds in there but I'd rather stay home that go back there. Kings Head it is then - closer to home as well  ;)

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #134 on: April 30, 2007, 11:28:26 pm »
heya all,

Newbie here - Yeh I know!

I'll defo be up for it - but bear in mind, that as the game is at Anfield, we'll have a load more rentboys to deal with down here(rather than them being in all together at the bridge), if they choose to watch the game in pubs (rather than home), so remember were in their back yard, so would be best to get the most people to stick to one pub........

but yeh, defo count me in!!

North London would be a safe bet, i think any non CFC supporter in the land will be supporting us. Thats where i went in 2005, it was brilliant to see Spurs and Gooners together supporting Liverpool, amazing.

Offline Captain-Carra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: May 1, 2007, 08:49:46 am »
Anyone made a firm decision on where they are gonna be?

Torn between the Litten tree and Kings Head.

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Why I'm here
« Reply #136 on: May 1, 2007, 11:10:29 am »
Think people are splitting into a few camps, but the general mood on here seems to be to go first for the King's Head on Essex Rd, with O'Neill's or the Old Queen's Head as back-up. The Litten Tree sounds like it will be pulling in quite a crowd too, but it's a shit pub and if that one doesn't work out i think you're a bit stuck for alternatives on Old Street. At least with the Essex rd you've got 3 options within a 5min walk of each other.

So here they are:

1. The King's Head, 59 Essex Rd

2. O'Neill's, 59 Upper St ( on adjoining roads)

3. Old Queen's Head, 44 Essex Rd

Angel tube is nearest for all of these (northern line), with Highbury & Islington (Victoria line) a little further out, or Essed Rd BR station.

For those of you who can't make it to Islington, the Famous 3 Kings sounds like it'll be pulling in a few west London reds.

I'll be heading for the King's Head on Essex Rd.

Enjoy it, wherever you are. feeling good about this one :wave
« Last Edit: May 1, 2007, 11:15:35 am by That Kennedy moment »

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #137 on: May 1, 2007, 11:36:36 am »
went to famous 3 kings for last weeks game vs chelsea and saw one of the barca legs there as well. In the downstairs area it was heaving with lfc fans, only 1 chelsea fan. Top, top atmosphere, will be going again 2moro. If you are heading down there then i recommend getting there earlyish because last week they had shut the doors about 10 mins into the game.

I couldn't get in last week - dropped off a friend who got a ticket for the game and the doors were locked when I got there.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Bennyo

• Wasn't arsed about having a custom title, so all he got was this.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: May 1, 2007, 12:03:38 pm »
I'm off to the o'neills I think.. Like someone on here earlier said, I think the spec's just a bit too shit in the king's head. And I'm not sure how much the chanting will be appreciated. The fuck off projector screen has a good view for most places in o'neills..

The old queen's head is boss.. but not really the kinda place for a sing along. They do a mean eggs benedict downstairs though..

FUCK I'M NERVOUS!

Offline Captain-Carra

• Legacy Fan
Re: London-based reds will be meeting up at…
« Reply #139 on: May 1, 2007, 12:12:29 pm »
King's Head for me as well.

Oh Campione!

Offline Redrider

• Departed for a forum with better manners
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: May 1, 2007, 12:53:34 pm »
The Royal George in Eversholt St outside Euston Station East Entrance is a good venue.
Manager is a Red, and at least three screens in two large bar's.

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #141 on: May 1, 2007, 04:14:25 pm »
Anyone in the Kingston area, the tup is where i am going. There will be at least three of us!! Probably make loads more noise than the opposition though.

ooooohhhhhh campione, we're liverpool

:)

Offline runkerry1

• Kopite
    • Whitepark Designs
« Reply #142 on: May 1, 2007, 05:31:23 pm »
Anyone in the Kingston area, the tup is where i am going. There will be at least three of us!! Probably make loads more noise than the opposition though.

ooooohhhhhh campione, we're liverpool

:)

Was there this afternoon as it goes, would've stayed, if I'd known.

Heading down south with some mates meself, making a night of it round theres.

C'MON YOU REDS!!!

Ooohhhhh Campione!!

Offline jeccross

• Kemlynite
« Reply #143 on: May 1, 2007, 10:59:36 pm »
Right,

Just seen this so no idea if anything happened tonight but, there's a fair chance of there being a fair few people in London for the final who don't make it to Athens, i'm booking 2 days off work tomorrow regardless so how about we get a group together and meet in a pub round lunch time on final day (miracle lottery wins getting me to athens aside)?

Offline AnnTheRed

• Kemlynite
  • Red 'til I die!
« Reply #144 on: May 2, 2007, 12:10:58 am »
whoops, I should have read this thread earlier lol

Anybody heading to Liverpool to watch our lads play in Athens?

I'm going there and I will keep my fingers crossed they will bring the 6th trophy home!!!

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #145 on: May 2, 2007, 01:15:50 am »
Fuck it. I'm going to Athens regardless.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Why I'm here
So, London-based Reds – how was it for you?
« Reply #146 on: May 2, 2007, 02:57:40 pm »
With one eye on the final, and for those of us who may not make it to Athens, i'm just wondering who went where last night in London and where was rocking?

Is there a clear winner in the hunt for a new Extra Time bar?

I was in the King's head on Essex Rd and it was good - a friendly, lively bunch of reds, good banter, and some raucous singing. A nice drop of beer too, friendly (Red) landlords and good visibility. But it's not a massive pub and i think for the final it might be a bit on the small side.

Be interesting to get your views…

Offline Pata

• cake
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: May 2, 2007, 03:14:59 pm »
(nostalgically reads the mentions of Extra Time, where he watched the return semi 2 years ago)

Offline Redrider

• Departed for a forum with better manners
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: May 2, 2007, 03:17:51 pm »
Royal George alongside Euston Station in Eversholt St.
Huge atmosphere, great night.

Offline Bennyo

• Wasn't arsed about having a custom title, so all he got was this.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: May 2, 2007, 04:33:12 pm »
O'Neil's ended up being pretty good. Got so much singing and shouting in I couldn't speak this morning. Loads of reds. Got pretty heated at the end. Great night :)

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #150 on: May 2, 2007, 04:36:25 pm »
Watched the final last time in O'Neills in Wimbledon. Was a good crowd in although not much singing beyond "Liverpool Liverpool Liverpool". Everyone went mental at the end though and a big lad in a goalie shirt caught me as I fell off when I stood on my stool so I have fond memories of the place!

Any South West Londoners have any other recommendations?

Offline Bigman

• Kemlynite
« Reply #151 on: May 2, 2007, 04:39:34 pm »
is the extra time bar shut or just under new management?

Offline Captain-Carra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: May 2, 2007, 04:47:11 pm »
O'Neil's ended up being pretty good. Got so much singing and shouting in I couldn't speak this morning. Loads of reds. Got pretty heated at the end. Great night :)
Aye was good night in there. Almost got offered out by some dick in a suit – who then got disowned by the guys he was with.
Never drank Stella so quickly in my life. Prob had 5 pints in the first half.

Ended up in Walkabout next door after and apparently got into a bit of a scrape in there.

Athens here we come!

Offline Jaron

• RAWK's Poet Laureate
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • Ready in 6 minutes
    • http://twitter.com/jaroncollis
« Reply #153 on: May 2, 2007, 05:02:13 pm »
is the extra time bar shut or just under new management?

It's still open, but it seems to have rebranded itself as "Masque Bar".
http://masquebar.com/barbican/facilites.html

I have some very, very fond memories of the place, I used to go there regularly on European nights, I was there for Istanbul!

I'd be very interested to hear if anyone's been back there since the revamp.
I need somewhere to go on May 23rd...

"We go again."

Offline Thehunter1978

• Anny Roader
« Reply #154 on: May 2, 2007, 05:08:25 pm »

Any South West Londoners have any other recommendations?

The Whistle & Flute on Putney high street isn't to bad. You normally get a few songs going on for the big games.

It's not the biggest pub in the world though.

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #155 on: May 4, 2007, 12:19:10 am »
Was there this afternoon as it goes, would've stayed, if I'd known.

Heading down south with some mates meself, making a night of it round theres.

C'MON YOU REDS!!!

Ooohhhhh Campione!!

If you are in the area again, let me know. Would love to be in Athens, but if not that is probably where i will be! Cheers

Offline runkerry1

• Kopite
    • Whitepark Designs
« Reply #156 on: May 4, 2007, 01:24:53 am »
Yeh, will do mate.

Offline Dug

• Graham Norton's favourite rent boy
  • Main Stander
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
    • Reds-in-america.com
« Reply #157 on: May 4, 2007, 02:45:08 am »

I'd be very interested to hear if anyone's been back there since the revamp.
I need somewhere to go on May 23rd...

It's a tranny club at the weekends so if anyone has been there since the revamp .....

Offline Dug

• Graham Norton's favourite rent boy
  • Main Stander
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
    • Reds-in-america.com
« Reply #158 on: May 4, 2007, 02:49:21 am »
Sorry, forgot to mention, anyone in West London - the Windmill in Acton Vale / Uxbridge Road - just past the rail bridge as you're heading towards Ealing was always a big reds boozer - mainly Irish Reds with a fair sprinkling of scousers. You could get as loud as you wanted in there and they have a huge beer garden which will probably be open.

Offline ghandi

• Main Stander
  • form is temporary, class is permanent
« Reply #159 on: May 4, 2007, 09:16:22 am »
cant wait for the final , i'll be heading for the Famous Three Kings , see you there!!!!