Author Topic: Anthony Le Tallec  (Read 125415 times)

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
Re: Anthony Le Tallec leaves Liverpool
« Reply #1400 on: July 10, 2008, 11:44:02 pm »
What do you reckon he was earning? A conservative estimate. £10k a week? That's just over £1m in two years. £5k a week? That's £520,000. A sizeable fortune in my eyes. If he was on £5k a week in just one month he would earn more than I do in a year. It might not be a fortune in 'football money terms' but if he invested it properly he would exceedingly well off and set up for life.

He's had loan spells at Saint-Étienne, Sunderland, Sochaux and Le Mans, so like you say he's not just been sitting on his arse. Obviously he wasn't good enough to convince the first three to make an offer or he wasn't prepared to make a move - he did turn down that permanent move to Scotland a year ago.

I doubt at 23 his career is over - far from it - and I don't think for one second he belongs in the Winston Bogarde category of mercenaries. Sadly however he has fleeced us and I do think he has shown a lack of ambition - if I was him I'd have done my upmost to secure a permanent deal three years ago.

he didn't fleece us.  he signed an improved deal when he broke into the first team and managed a champions league appearance when we beat juventus.

he may not have developed into what we hoped - many don't - but his main 'failing' seems to be arrogance or immaturity depending on your perspective.

when he came to liverpool with pongolle we all reveled in their status as 'two gems' and they seemed the crowning glory in our new youth programme with a box fresh melowood behind them.

it wasn't to be but we can hardly wish the fella to 'fuck off'

or at least i can't - he was a red, he played a (very minor) part and most of us would give our eye teeth for a similar opportunity

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Anthony Le Tallec leaves Liverpool
« Reply #1401 on: July 14, 2008, 06:29:26 pm »
Can't agree Hassinator and I do wish him to fuck off - he's an arrogant fucker who proved a waste of money and potential.

Offline rafabenihill

• Legacy Fan
Le Tallec relieved to no longer be "slave"
« Reply #1402 on: August 1, 2008, 09:02:22 am »
Anthony Le Tallec has admitted he is relieved to no longer be Liverpool's 'slave'.

The Frenchman moved to Anfield in 2003 but failed to establish himself in his first year with the club.

Le Tallec was then loaned out for four consecutive seasons, spending time at St Etienne, Sunderland, Sochaux and Le Mans.

He finally cut his ties with Liverpool earlier this summer when he completed a permanent move to Le Mans, and he is happy to have his long-term future sorted.

"Since I have signed here, I feel much freer in my mind," Le Tallec told L'Equipe.

"I am not Liverpool's slave anymore, which played with me each year."

White liquid in a bottle. It's milk, for sure.

Offline PaislyShankley

• Stranger in a strange land; vaguely Amish.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Homophobic, apparently. Probably racist as well.
Re: Le Tallec relieved to no longer be "slave"
« Reply #1403 on: August 1, 2008, 09:03:26 am »
"Le Tallec relieved to no longer be talented."
M'eh

Offline Ozzy_Red

• about Sharon in OK magazine again.. Not the sharpest shrimp on the barbie but probably the most irritating
  • Legacy Fan
  • A pig. In a cage. On antibiotics
« Reply #1404 on: August 1, 2008, 09:03:57 am »
Anthony Le Tallec has admitted he is relieved to no longer be Liverpool's 'slave'.

The Frenchman moved to Anfield in 2003 but failed to establish himself in his first year with the club.

Le Tallec was then loaned out for four consecutive seasons, spending time at St Etienne, Sunderland, Sochaux and Le Mans.

He finally cut his ties with Liverpool earlier this summer when he completed a permanent move to Le Mans, and he is happy to have his long-term future sorted.

"Since I have signed here, I feel much freer in my mind," Le Tallec told L'Equipe.

"I am not Liverpool's slave anymore, which played with me each year."

Le Tallec can suck my D**k!
Rarfer out! Go the Liverpool Reds Football Franchise!

Wanker : Manchester United fan. Follower of Manchester United. Denzien of Manchester. More likely to know more about white dog poo than football.

Offline Life

• goes on.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1405 on: August 1, 2008, 09:06:36 am »
I'm locking this, because already we can see the inane comments coming in.

We loaned him out for 4 years and never gave him a proper chance.  We took his immense potential and wasted it in a way many other teams possibly would not.  We made promises to him at 17, and then failed to go through with them.  I think he's entitled to say what he has, and more than entitled to be a little bitter with LFC.
"Why should they be used in any other way? It wouldn'a be fair for one thing. Natural ability is far too precious tae be messed about wi'."

Offline kiwiscouser

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1406 on: August 1, 2008, 09:06:40 am »
Liverpool relieved to be rid of this guy!

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
Re: Anthony Le Tallec
« Reply #1407 on: February 21, 2017, 03:33:32 am »
Currently playing for Atromitos FC in Greek Superleague, he still blames Rafa for stalling his career.

"Everything started well for me at Liverpool but, unfortunately, the arrival of Rafa Benítez broke my entire career strategy"

http://rokerreport.sbnation.com/2017/2/18/14601372/whatever-happened-to-anthony-le-tallec
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1408 on: February 21, 2017, 03:40:26 am »
Currently playing for Atromitos FC in Greek Superleague, he still blames Rafa for stalling his career.

http://rokerreport.sbnation.com/2017/2/18/14601372/whatever-happened-to-anthony-le-tallec

what a muppet

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #1409 on: May 23, 2017, 01:41:30 am »
Released by Atromitos according to L'Equipe

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #1410 on: June 8, 2023, 08:40:46 pm »
Seen a report that he was in the location of the stabbings in France today. Reported he screamed at police to shoot the attacker.

Not posting the report I saw as it’s from the Daily Mail
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Party Phil

• Boring Cunt that flies Air Bizarre
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
If you're lying, I'll chop your head off.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1412 on: June 8, 2023, 10:28:06 pm »
Seen a report that he was in the location of the stabbings in France today. Reported he screamed at police to shoot the attacker.

Not posting the report I saw as it’s from the Daily Mail

He has just been on the 10 O'Clock news.

What an awful event  :'(
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #1413 on: June 9, 2023, 01:44:47 pm »
Good lord, just saw this. So awful.