Author Topic: Holidays 2024 - What's your plans?  (Read 9129 times)

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Holidays 2024 - What's your plans?
« Reply #240 on: April 19, 2024, 03:56:03 pm »
I love watching the Reds abroad. Just had 2 and a half weeks in Thailand watched the United cup game in Pattaya with loads of reds and unfortuantely mancs which was a killer. Then watched the Brighton game in Bangkok which was brilliant with loads of reds from all over the world. Its great hugging fellow reds from all over the planet when we score or get the win.

I actually plan my holidays around reds games and other sports events. Its great when your a solo traveller.

definitely agree. interesting to see what the match culture is in other countries, even if quite a bit different from being 'there'. also love just seeing our kits around the world.
YNWA.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #241 on: April 20, 2024, 06:43:56 am »
^ yea. They love the religious stuff in Varanasi, I did find it a cool place. I’ve just lost my father so found a lot of the spiritual stuff quite healing. Regarding the east some folk were recommending Calcutta (and Dhaka - for the more adventurous) you can live like a king in the Oboroi for a fraction of a 5 star in Delhi.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #242 on: April 20, 2024, 08:46:21 am »
Anyone been to Bilbao? Any recommendations? Looking to pop over for a long weekend maybe July/early August.

Plenty to see and do over a weekend. We went in February a few years ago and it absolutely pissed down all weekend. Ended up skipping bar to bar, enjoying a pintxo and a drink before moving on.

Guggenheim is good fun (including walking around the exterior) and the city is very walkable.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #243 on: April 20, 2024, 11:56:38 am »
definitely agree. interesting to see what the match culture is in other countries, even if quite a bit different from being 'there'. also love just seeing our kits around the world.
agree completely, you come away with some really unique memories watching in foreign locations. for some reason I've been away when we played Spurs - seen games in Florence, Athens and Bangkok - plus MU (Valencia) and Chelsea (Chiang Mai).  great memories.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2024, 12:04:32 pm by SamLad »

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #244 on: April 20, 2024, 12:56:23 pm »
Anyone been to Bilbao? Any recommendations? Looking to pop over for a long weekend maybe July/early August.

It's an amazing place for a short break, cheap as well if you live on pinxtos and local wine like we did! The old town is lovely, a walk along the river is also nice or they do boat trips too. There's a funicular up to a park with great views over the city. Football stadium is pretty central too if you want a look at that. Guggenheim of course is worth a visit as well. Great place all in all and everyone was very friendly and helpful. San Sebastian is close by if you have long enough and fancy a day trip as well.

I'd imagine it's very hot and busy in mid-summer though if you don't have to visit at that time.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #245 on: April 23, 2024, 08:06:33 am »
Me and the missus thinking of booking a trip over to Salou next month to go to Port Aventura theme park - Anyone from here been before?

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: April 23, 2024, 12:49:11 pm »
Off to Krakow for four nights begining of june with the mrs.going to Rhodes in September for a week again with the mrs.agust bank holiday weekend have four nights in an air b and b with 9 mates in ambleside.since returning from spain a few years ago these will be my first trips ive had abroad so looking forward to them.
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline Lfc19ynwa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: April 23, 2024, 01:28:08 pm »
Off to Krakow for four nights begining of june with the mrs.going to Rhodes in September for a week again with the mrs.agust bank holiday weekend have four nights in an air b and b with 9 mates in ambleside.since returning from spain a few years ago these will be my first trips ive had abroad so looking forward to them.

If you both like duck, then go to the Black Duck restaurant ( Czarna Kaczka ) & have the whole duck main course to share, it’s delicious

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #248 on: April 24, 2024, 12:27:17 am »
Me and the missus off to Crete for a week on 17th May (didn't realise it was the final weekend of the season when we booked it!)

We've booked a private swim up pool this year for the first time so at least we avoid the early morning rush to grab a sunbed by the main pool.

We normally go self-catering but we've gone All-inclusive this time as there's two al acarte restaurants on the site as the missus can't abide the buffet foods they put out in these hotels after her Mam got food poisoning at a place in Torremolinos we once went to.

We'll try those two restaurants and we'll eat out too.

Can't bloody wait now!
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #249 on: April 24, 2024, 01:11:01 pm »
Me and the missus thinking of booking a trip over to Salou next month to go to Port Aventura theme park - Anyone from here been before?

Years ago - 2001 and 2003 as a kid - but we've booked 10 days there in June. Port Aventura was great, not been since then but remember enjoying it. Salou was lively but not Benidorm-levels, but I think it's become a bit bigger these days, my parents went again a few years ago and there were more bars etc.

Hour to Barcelona on the train too.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: April 24, 2024, 07:52:02 pm »
Me and the missus off to Crete for a week on 17th May (didn't realise it was the final weekend of the season when we booked it!)

We've booked a private swim up pool this year for the first time so at least we avoid the early morning rush to grab a sunbed by the main pool.

We normally go self-catering but we've gone All-inclusive this time as there's two al acarte restaurants on the site as the missus can't abide the buffet foods they put out in these hotels after her Mam got food poisoning at a place in Torremolinos we once went to.

We'll try those two restaurants and we'll eat out too.

Can't bloody wait now!

Mid August for us going back to Crete
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #251 on: April 24, 2024, 08:55:24 pm »
Years ago - 2001 and 2003 as a kid - but we've booked 10 days there in June. Port Aventura was great, not been since then but remember enjoying it. Salou was lively but not Benidorm-levels, but I think it's become a bit bigger these days, my parents went again a few years ago and there were more bars etc.

Hour to Barcelona on the train too.

Where are you staying in June?

Reus looks like the easier airport to fly to but more flights go to Barcelona

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #252 on: Yesterday at 08:56:02 pm »
Does anyone have Avios? I do but never used it and now time running out to use a companion voucher. There must be an easier way to search for flights - we have a week we can get away and frankly will go anywhere in Europe but nothing is available. Anyway of widening a search without having to put a specific location in!

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: Today at 12:17:16 am »
Mid August for us going back to Crete

Another shout for Crete here.  Going the first week of August with the grandkids and stuff.

Can't wait.