The Liverpool FC Forum > Opinion

RAWK Advent Calendar 2014 #3 - Robbie Fowler vs Birmingham City 2001

<< < (2/8) > >>

Corkboy:
Good post, thanks Crosby Nick.

Crosby Nick:

--- Quote from: rakey_lfc on December  3, 2014, 10:26:13 am ---I remember seeing Carragher walking up to take a pen and thinking "what the fuck is he doing?" Definitely going to miss.

Then watching him run up and I swear my heart stopped, to then watch him rifle it into the top corner! Arguably the best penalty of the shootout

--- End quote ---

So true! I remember turning to my brother and we both just looked at each other as if to say "fuck, we're going to lose this" having thought we would be fine. Superb penalty though!

Maggie May:
Yeah.  Great stuff Bill.  Superb post.  Thank you.  I have great memories of Cardiff and of that game in particular because it kicked it all off .  Five years.  Dear Robbie.  It seems incredible now.  So many memories.  Buying  a silver balloon in the shape of the European Cup.  Looking out the window of the HaHa Bar and watching the Rafatollah being carried past Cardiff Castle in the early morning mist.  Damn near fucking seen me off that did.  Coffee being sputtered everywhere.

A few hundred lads booting a football up in the air - and when one lad's shoe came off booting that up in the air as well.

But the shopkeepers actually seemed to like us.  And we paid normal prices for everything not like the fucking nasty wembly vans.  Aye.  Great memories of Cardiff.  Shame we had to go back to that soul less shithole. 

Crosby Nick:
Cheers Maggie! What was great about Cardiff is the fact it's bang in the city centre and the pubs are right next door as opposed to Wembley. I went to all our League Cup Finals and the Chelsea one could and should have been the favourite. I remember seeing the Rafatollah there too, plenty of pre match ales, into the ground and then Riise scored within 40 seconds. Our end was absolutely rocking at that point. Shame about the ending.

But yeah, this game, and Robbie's goal kicked it all off so thought it deserved a write up.

Maggie May:

--- Quote from: C(r)osby Bill on December  3, 2014, 10:56:48 am ---Cheers Maggie! What was great about Cardiff is the fact it's bang in the city centre and the pubs are right next door as opposed to Wembley. I went to all our League Cup Finals and the Chelsea one could and should have been the favourite. I remember seeing the Rafatollah there too, plenty of pre match ales, into the ground and then Riise scored within 40 seconds. Our end was absolutely rocking at that point. Shame about the ending.

But yeah, this game, and Robbie's goal kicked it all off so thought it deserved a write up.

--- End quote ---

Indeed it did and what an excellent write up it was.  The start of glory again.  Who could imagine what we did in five years.  But you are right about Cardiff.  The stadium is sensational and because of its situation has a welcoming feel.  And everyone was so damned - nice.  Bizzies and stewards and shopkeepers and everyone.  Made a change from being seen as scum in some bleak hole in an industrial estate, hated and targets to be ripped off.

Yeah.  Loved Cardiff.  A shame to leave.  Thank you  for reminding me of the wonderful memory.   :-* :wave

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version