Author Topic: Season ticket questions... Help me out!  (Read 4426 times)

Offline nokando

• Main Stander
  • You know you're fond of a little bit of Doris Day
    • mAc Guiding
Season ticket questions... Help me out!
« on: February 21, 2002, 02:01:30 pm »
I'm thinking about applying for a season ticket for next season, so could any ST veterans help me out with these questions?

How long's the waiting list?

What's the best part of the ground to apply for? (To have the best chance of getting a ticket)

Can you share your ST with anyone? (As I'm in Scotland I fancy sharing an ST with my cousin, who can't afford a whole season, and I can't afford to get down to every game).

Cheer la's.
« Last Edit: January 1, 1970, 01:00:00 am by 1017961200 »
All round the Fields of Aigburth Vale...

Offline ttnbd

• RAWK Chief Financial Officer
  • Legacy Fan
  • ANFIELD4EVER
Re: Season ticket questions... Help me out!
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2002, 02:05:54 pm »
Bad news nokes.  The season ticket list is very long.  It is at about 13,000 at present.  This does include things like duplicate applications and people who have got season tickets passed onto them and not taken their name off the list.  How long you have to wait depends on how many give up their season ticket each season.

Say only 100 a season gave up their season ticket then you would have to wait 130 years (assuming capacity remains as it is).  Since the redevelopment is prob more than likely to take place, and if they keep the 70% of capacity for ST holders, then when redevelopment is complete the waiting list will be cut by around 7,000.

It all depends on what is happening with redevlopment and how many give up their season tickets.
So all say thanks to the Shanks

He never walked alone

Lets sing our song for all the world

From this his Liverpool home

Offline nokando

• Main Stander
    • mAc Guiding
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2002, 02:11:51 pm »
:'(

Looks like I'll have to fall back on criminal means then.

If it wasn't for RAWK I'd be stuffed this season so cheers everyone.

So no shortcuts? What are your experiences of getting a ST then?

Offline ttnbd

• RAWK Chief Financial Officer
  • Legacy Fan
  • ANFIELD4EVER
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2002, 02:23:25 pm »
Still waiting for my own but I have been using some1 elses a couple of times this season.

Write the club and get your name put on the list.  You may have to wait a few years but when you do get it you will be more than happy, I am sure.
So all say thanks to the Shanks

He never walked alone

Lets sing our song for all the world

From this his Liverpool home

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2002, 03:10:58 pm »
Bad thing is, when someone no longer wants their season ticket, they pass it onto a mate or someone they know and it appears that the only way the list will go down at all is through death (sorry to be morbid) or honesty.

My season ticket isnt in my name and there are many like me - it will get even worse if there is a "name-changing amnesty" like there was a while back - cant see this happening again though (Twat!!  :P).

Long wait it seems mate.

Offline nokando

• Main Stander
    • mAc Guiding
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2002, 10:46:26 pm »
How about murder then Luke?

Where was it you live again?  ;)

Offline Dan_L

• WANTED: For crimes against Carpets & Curtains
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2002, 10:59:40 pm »
;D I've been on it 3 years last chrimbo. When the stadium expansion is announced we should know a lot more.

Offline LFC_R_BOSS

• Main Stander
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2002, 02:58:14 pm »
I don't know how I managed it but I wrote off to be put on the list in December 94, got offered a Kemlyn ticket at the end of 94/95, phoned up and asked for a Kop ticket and she sent me one, so I was Buzzin.
This was the first season of the fully completed new Kop 95/96 so maybe they cleared the Season Ticket list?

In 95 a Kop season ticket was £205, so it's more than doubled in the last 7 years , so by 2009 it should be about 850 for a season ticket, so you can have mine cos I'm not going to pay that sort of money - we are all being taken advantage of by the club who knowm that people will always come and see LFC, but the reality is that LOCAL PEOPLE can't afford to go the game no more, but LFC don't care where people come from as long as they come and pay the money.
With the setting up of the I.S.C it has become very easy for many people to just get on a bus from anywhere in the country and get off in Liverpool, this is why there's 13000 on the waiting list.
As for the priority ticket scheme, this is one of the worst systems I've ever heard of,it's another way of getting money out of the fans, infact the whole ticketing policy is outrageous.

If LFC want to keep the club for the TRUE fans they should build a massive new stadium 80,000+ round Speke/Garston area, which needs regenerating anyway, drop the ticket prices so local kids can go the game as well as the people from Devon - I never see any kids at the game no more, the generation that are missing out are the future of the club and it's fucking sad, but we have to pay the players stupid ammounts of money don't we???

Sorry to moan but it's the truth, the club would be nothing without the fans, and at this rate the mix of people at Anfield will change, as the atmosphere has already.

Offline nokando

• Main Stander
    • mAc Guiding
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2002, 04:12:10 pm »
Not sure whether what you're saying is a reference to me coming down from Scotland mate.

But what do you mean by local? Are you saying draw a line around Anfield and exclude everyone outside there?

Thing is like,

I was born in Mill Road hossy - so does that qualify me?

I was brought up in Aigburth - does that qualify me?

I lived in Toxteth - does that qualify me?

So do you reckon wes'll have to take a test before we get a ticket?

Thousands of Liverpudlians now live outside Liverpool - so don't make assumptions about people travelling from wherever.

The real issue's one of 'class' - footie is no longer a working class sport, and is accessable to an international audience via telly.

So - to get a crowd like we used to have, at £10 a ticket - throw the seats out, bring back crowd violence, ban toffs.  ;)

But at least the current ticketing arrangement gives those of us outside Liverpool who drive for 8 hours to see a game a chance of seeing the team we love. And I tell you what, I make a fuck of a lot of noise compared to some of the miserable ST holders I sometimes end up sitting next to!

Hmm - not sure where I'm going with this so I'll shut up! But I hope you keep hold of your ticket mate!

Offline LFC_R_BOSS

• Main Stander
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2002, 06:13:51 pm »
I wasn't having a go at anyone but the club,
I was trying to explain that it's nearly imposible for none ST holders or priority ticket holders to get tickets, and that the club has  seen it's country wide potential and has  exployted it to fill the ground, they have missed the fact that kids can no longer afford to go on the match, but this is the sad state of football as we now know it, I just think it's a shame that people are going to miss out on watching games live.
Everyone who is alive on this planet has the same right to go and watch LFC , of course you can't draw a line round the British Isles and give priority, but £25 and £30 + is pricing  people out, what's your limit that you would pay to get into a game??
Personally I think the atmosphere is better when we have 35,000 locals paying £13 for a Worthington cup game against Grimsby, than a Sunday kick off at 11:30 when half the crowd have travel sickness from the long drive.

Yes I think the club should move to a massive stadium, which would accomodate everyone from everywhere, and if that's the case we could double the capacity and HALF the admmission fee.

Yes when my season ticket for the year costs more than a months wages I will think about giving it to someone else, because if I ever spend a 12th of my annual earnings on home league games then someone shoot me.

What are you going on about crowd violence for? As LFC fans we aren't noted for our hooligans although like every club we have problems, I don't understand where you're coming from.

The reason it costs so much to get in is because of over the top wage bills, sooner or later the bubble will burst and football will become football again.

Offline Liverpool 25

• FORUM CHEF
  • Kopite
  • The Peoples' Republic Of Liverpool
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2002, 08:42:06 pm »
It all depends on what is happening with redevlopment and how many give up their season tickets.

And i for one, can't help you cos I won't be giving mine up. Once u get it u won't get another chance for years. I've had mine since I was 7 though.
WE ARE THE KOPITES, WE ALL WENT TO ROME...WE ALL WENT TO WEST HAM WHILE THE ROAD END STAYED AT HOME!

Offline m_houllier

• Main Stander
  • Anyone for a jog?
I will,
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2002, 01:46:02 am »
Never own a Season Ticket, ever! :)

Don't beleive in 'em!

Offline Roger

• The Derek Acorah of RAWK & Welsh News Correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2002, 11:26:06 am »
35.000 locals at Grimsby in the worthy cup? Good proportion of those were the travel sickness people like me. and i never robbed anyone of a seat that night. plenty left unsold.

tricky subject this eh?

Offline LFC_R_BOSS

• Main Stander
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2002, 03:05:10 pm »
Why is this a tricky subject?

You started off by asking how do I get a ST, I replied and said that you couyld have mine if the prices rise so much.
I then went on to explain how LFC (THE CLUB) are now catering for fans from far and wide rather than local people, how they have seen a market and taken it, now come on mate this is TRUE, COS FUCK ME YOU CAN BUY TICKETS THROUGH THE POST AND ON CREDIT CARD BEFORE WINDOW SALES, does this not sugest somthing?

I then said that I enjoyed the Grimsby game in the cup cos it was a good atmosphere and I thought this was down to there being more locals and kids in the ground, due to it being £13 to get in, I was in no way impliying that you STOLE A SEAT YOU TWAT.
What is going to happen to LFC's support when football is not popular or HIGHLY FASHIONABLE as it is at the mo any more? (cos lets face it footy has hit rough patches before) when the Devon reds grow up and have kids and can't afford it no longer? when at this point all of footy realises that they have been GREEDY and that most people in Liverpool don't really have much of an interest in LFC any more ,cos there parents haven't ever been able to afford a £70 day out for 90mins? a generation is going to miss out, I would like to know your views on this? as you don't ever seem to coment, you just seem more OBSESED that I'm some sort of mad lad with a vendeta against none locals, when all I want is a bigger ground 90,000 with cheep tix so ALL OUR FANS CAN WATCH THE TEAM WE LOVE AND ADORE (AGAIN)

I f you are prepared to spend massive ammounts of coin on footy, then this will never stop, (what's your limit to get into the game? £70 maybe? £80? good value that mate.

As for your reference to hooligans in the above post, most of the lads can't get tickets any more so have packed in, I don't undersatnd your comments on this anyway.

Offline Dan_L

• WANTED: For crimes against Carpets & Curtains
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2002, 03:14:53 pm »
Its very sad the current situation. The official website sums it all up. 34% of Liverpool supporters come from within the Liverpool Area. 15-25 yrs ago it would be nearer 80% and 30-100 years ago it wouldve been all liverpudlians. There should a much fairer/cheaper way for local fans of liverpool to watch the games in my opinion.

Offline Roger

• The Derek Acorah of RAWK & Welsh News Correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2002, 03:36:39 pm »
you CANNOT fill Anfield for the bread & butter Premiership games at £24 a go with all local people. Sure- drop the prices and get all locals but the club revenue goes down and a cutback will be made somewhere that would be noticed.

Offline LFC_R_BOSS

• Main Stander
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2002, 04:03:25 pm »
As I said before, build a new ground, 90,000 let kids in for less than a 10er, clear the season ticket list and bring the prices down, also if we had the biggest stadium in the country we could have concerts and even international and semi final games to generate a hell of a lot of cash.
We need to be forward thinking, how long can prices rise before no one can afford to go anymore? how much will it cost to get in the game in 5 years? I reckon about £45 - we are being held to randsome by the club, cos I for one find it very difficult not to spend all my money on going to games , even if it means putting it on my card.

Offline McFan

• Anny Roader
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2002, 05:47:50 pm »
Hi everyone. I am only 14 years old, so I have no problem waiting for my Season Ticket. Last I heard, the waiting time is around 8 years. In 8 years time, I will be able to afford my Season Ticket, but now, obviously, I can't - so I don't mind waiting.