Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4130372 times)

Offline Spezialo

• Knocked out of the world cup. Should have had a pen. As if you wouldn't confront the ref.
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #58600 on: November 11, 2018, 02:39:24 pm »
Is Bellew's head still spinning?

Usyk didnt really look troubled

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58601 on: November 11, 2018, 06:57:15 pm »
Lovely to see Bellew get a good spanking, I won’t lie 😂
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58602 on: November 12, 2018, 04:51:29 pm »
I have given Bellew plenty of grief in the past, but he's a local lad who has had an amazing career and really loves boxing. Never ducked a challenge and surprised plenty of people along the way. Everyone I know wanted him to do it for the city. Wasn't to be but absolutely no shame in that loss.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #58603 on: November 12, 2018, 04:54:10 pm »
By the end it was hard to tell if bellew wanted to fight Usyk or fuck him.

It was only fair that he returned the offer
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #58604 on: November 12, 2018, 10:20:56 pm »
I have given Bellew plenty of grief in the past, but he's a local lad who has had an amazing career and really loves boxing. Never ducked a challenge and surprised plenty of people along the way. Everyone I know wanted him to do it for the city. Wasn't to be but absolutely no shame in that loss.

Yep, sums it up for me. I know he has been a gobshite and done some daft stuff in the past, but fair play to him getting out now, no shame in losing to uysk at all.
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58605 on: November 13, 2018, 12:14:10 am »
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Garry_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58606 on: November 13, 2018, 12:51:44 pm »

British, Commonwealth, European, World champion and financially secured himself and his kids for life. Not many get that so fair play to him. Hope he sticks around the punditary side of things for Sky.

Offline Spezialo

• Knocked out of the world cup. Should have had a pen. As if you wouldn't confront the ref.
  • Kopite
« Reply #58607 on: November 14, 2018, 08:17:49 am »
Eddie Hearn wants GGG as first choice to fight Callum Smith

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58608 on: November 14, 2018, 08:38:36 am »
Eddie Hearn wants GGG as first choice to fight Callum Smith

Hopefully at Anfield.

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58609 on: November 14, 2018, 02:09:08 pm »
So, Mikey Garcia and Errol Spence is official... Looking forward to it.

The size difference is MASSIVE, though.

78292226-8-CAF-40-A1-A61-D-1-E628162-C696" border="0
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 02:11:37 pm by Samio »

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58610 on: November 14, 2018, 06:13:25 pm »
Mikey is too small. Spence will stop him late.

They u must be really struggling to sell Wilder v Fury tickets. You can now get them via groupon

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58611 on: November 14, 2018, 07:15:19 pm »

They u must be really struggling to sell Wilder v Fury tickets. You can now get them via groupon

Had a quick look on the website, there's entire blocks available and they haven't even opened the top tier. What's the betting that there's a sudden injury incoming...

As for Spence v Garcia, great fight and I would have said Garcia easy until I saw that picture.

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58612 on: November 14, 2018, 07:23:26 pm »

Woucher UK selling packages.

https://www.wowcher.co.uk/deal/travel/9461464/tyson-fury-vs-deontay-wilder-499

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58613 on: November 14, 2018, 09:07:21 pm »
Official records has them 3.5” different so don’t know whether Errol is wearing a nice pair of Cuban heels in that picture or Mikey is in flip flops but Spence looks closer to half a foot taller in that picture.

The weight is going to be the kicker. Even with a rehydration clause which the IBF has Spence will come into the ring over 160lbs.  Mikey come weigh in won't even touch 147 so maybe 150lbs in the ring. Minimum he will be giving up is 10lbs.  Spence is a great body puncher and I just don't see how Mikey can keep stop Spence walking him down and breaking him up.

Mikey at 140lbs vs Broner and Lipinets you could see his punches never had the same amount of pop. I give him props for taking this fight and challenge but Spence is just too big and good for a smaller guy like Garcia.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58614 on: November 14, 2018, 09:25:00 pm »
Fight doesn’t really interest me. Mikey is great and better than Spence pound for pound but has no business at that weight. Spence is a huge welter too. If you are going to go to weights you shouldnt be at you then you really need some freakish athletic gifts and that’s not what Mikey is about.

Should be Loma v Mikey and Spence v Crawford but this is boxing so here we are.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58615 on: November 14, 2018, 11:40:26 pm »
Garcia getting badly beaten up in this. Should have been looking at lomachenko, much better chance of beating him

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #58616 on: November 15, 2018, 08:46:40 am »
Like Lusty, I gave Garcia a decent chance because he is a much better boxer than Spence. However, I can't believe the size difference! It looks as if there is at least two full weight classes of a differential!  :o

Honestly, Brook didnt look much smaller than GGG and even the size difference between Khan and Canelo wasn't as vast. Garcia will outbox Spence in spots but is getting TKO'd at some stage sadly.

At the same time, kudos to him for daring to be great. IF he pulls it off, he becomes P4P #1 without question. Rumour has it that his team tried to talk Mikey out of taking the fight; he'll probably wish he had listened.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58617 on: November 15, 2018, 07:24:56 pm »
Can't argue that Mikey doesn't have the grapefruits, he's looking to make a name for himself and you can't begrduge him for that. But this is a step too far, he should have looked at Shawn Porter or Danny Garcia, neither who would ko him but would still prove a great challenge.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #58618 on: November 15, 2018, 09:29:04 pm »
Like Lusty, I gave Garcia a decent chance because he is a much better boxer than Spence. However, I can't believe the size difference! It looks as if there is at least two full weight classes of a differential!  :o

Honestly, Brook didnt look much smaller than GGG and even the size difference between Khan and Canelo wasn't as vast. Garcia will outbox Spence in spots but is getting TKO'd at some stage sadly.

At the same time, kudos to him for daring to be great. IF he pulls it off, he becomes P4P #1 without question. Rumour has it that his team tried to talk Mikey out of taking the fight; he'll probably wish he had listened.

Defo not a ‘much better boxer’

Spence is the real deal too

I love Mikeys kahoona’s though I have to say

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58619 on: November 15, 2018, 09:36:55 pm »
So Fury has now got Freddie Roach and Ricky Hatton in his corner as well as Davison?

This kind of thing is never a good sign.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58620 on: November 16, 2018, 07:38:19 am »
Garcia is too one paced to trouble Spence and his power won't carry up. He also looked for a way out against Salido in my opinion so not sure how he gonna react to Spence bringing the heat. This won't be pretty

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58621 on: November 16, 2018, 09:28:24 am »
Garcia is too one paced to trouble Spence and his power won't carry up. He also looked for a way out against Salido in my opinion so not sure how he gonna react to Spence bringing the heat. This won't be pretty
That's harsh; Salido is a fucker to fight; just ask Loma!

Defo not a ‘much better boxer’

Spence is the real deal too

I love Mikeys kahoona’s though I have to say
I'm gonna disagree here. I don't rate Spence that highly. I would heavily back Crawford to box his ears off.

Don't get me wrong. Spence is a very good fighter, but not the Elite level talent people think he is. I've been wrong many times before  ;D
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 09:30:02 am by 1892tillforever »

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58622 on: November 17, 2018, 05:36:24 pm »
Hope Kerman puts on a show tonight and gives that lazy twat Gavin an absolute hammering. Thought he'd give it his all for one last shot at the big time but evidently not.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58623 on: November 17, 2018, 07:26:41 pm »
That's harsh; Salido is a fucker to fight; just ask Loma!
I'm gonna disagree here. I don't rate Spence that highly. I would heavily back Crawford to box his ears off.

Don't get me wrong. Spence is a very good fighter, but not the Elite level talent people think he is. I've been wrong many times before  ;D

I think he has the potential to win the lot at 147 maybe just short of beating Bud but that’s no shame on him or anyone, Crawford is probably P4P #2!

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58624 on: November 17, 2018, 11:13:47 pm »
Gerrin, Gavin stopped with a brutal body shot, even the extra flab couldn't protect him.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58625 on: November 22, 2018, 08:53:29 am »
Vladimir wants WBA to run Olympic boxing. I think AJ hit him harder then I thought.

The WBA would have 3 gold medalists at every weight. Useless organisation.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58626 on: November 22, 2018, 08:55:52 am »
Vladimir wants WBA to run Olympic boxing. I think AJ hit him harder then I thought.

The WBA would have 3 gold medalists at every weight. Useless organisation.
;D

There would be Super, Diamond, and probably Silver Gold Medalists  :lmao

Offline 7777

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58627 on: November 22, 2018, 08:57:22 am »
;D

There would be Super, Diamond, and probably Silver Gold Medalists  :lmao

Silver gold medalists haha

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58628 on: November 22, 2018, 08:59:58 am »
Silver gold medalists haha
With the WBA, EVERYONE is a winner. (Once you pay them their fees.) How do you think Samie became the Maltese Heavyweight Champion?

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58629 on: November 22, 2018, 09:27:21 am »
WBA are currently recognising no less than FOUR world champions at cruiserweight FFS, probably the least controversial division out there  :lmao

Mind you, WBC run them close with world champions, silver champions, champions emeritus, diamond champions, and those daft one off belts they keep making.  Pretty soon random people are going to start getting WBC belts in the post like with jury service.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58630 on: November 22, 2018, 04:54:46 pm »
WBA are currently recognising no less than FOUR world champions at cruiserweight FFS, probably the least controversial division out there  :lmao

Mind you, WBC run them close with world champions, silver champions, champions emeritus, diamond champions, and those daft one off belts they keep making.  Pretty soon random people are going to start getting WBC belts in the post like with jury service.
It's five now mate. The WBA just read what you said about the WBC and they sent me a Cruiserweight title in the mail. Now I just need to feign injuries for two and a half years and  can remain a world champion; damn those sanctioning fees  :(

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58631 on: November 23, 2018, 10:12:41 am »
It's five now mate. The WBA just read what you said about the WBC and they sent me a Cruiserweight title in the mail. Now I just need to feign injuries for two and a half years and  can remain a world champion; damn those sanctioning fees  :(

Just fail a drugs test mate, that's what I did and now I'm champion in recess for the next 3 years ;D

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58632 on: November 23, 2018, 10:17:32 am »
So with just 8 days to go. How are you guys seeing the Wilder v Fury fight?

I still think brutal and early for Wilder

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #58633 on: November 23, 2018, 10:19:52 am »
Cancelled at the last minute

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58634 on: November 23, 2018, 10:56:49 am »

If it was the Fury of 3 years ago who fought Klitschko I think he'd win. It isn't though unfortunately and he's not had enough preparation or proper fights leading into this one. I actually think he may be in the lead in the middle of the fight but will then get stopped or knocked out late on.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58635 on: November 23, 2018, 11:01:30 am »

I'll have to tell you after the weigh in.  If Fury is in any kind of shape then I think Wilder is in for a shock, if not then it's a cash out and I'm with you, except I think Fury can stink the place out until the second half of the fight at least.

But also probably this:

Cancelled at the last minute

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58636 on: November 23, 2018, 10:45:53 pm »
I'll have to tell you after the weigh in.  If Fury is in any kind of shape then I think Wilder is in for a shock, if not then it's a cash out and I'm with you, except I think Fury can stink the place out until the second half of the fight at least.

But also probably this:
I saw pictures of Fury a week ago, he is in by far and away in the best shape of his career. There is even a hint of a 6-pack  :o

He is definitely taking this seriously and I think he believes he will win. The trouble is, Wilder is a puzzle. He is about as unorthodox as you can get; I doubt he even knows what he is doing half the time! For however long the fight lasts, I think Fury will outbox and generally flummox and frustrate him. However, I can't see Wilder not landing one of his bombs during a 12 round fight. Wlad was bizarrely gunshy, Wilder doesnt have that problem. He will throw with bad intentions all night and one expects him to find the big shot so Wilder KO is by far the most likely outcome.

The only outcomes that would shock me is a Fury early KO or Wilder on points. Option A is possible if Fury times one right and catches Wilder with one he doesnt see.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 10:50:46 pm by 1892tillforever »

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58637 on: November 23, 2018, 10:51:09 pm »
Fury on points for me. Wilder will look for that big right hand all night but won't find it. He's never faced anyone with Fury's size and awkward style.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #58638 on: November 23, 2018, 10:58:14 pm »

Fury will make it an horrendous fight, will win on the scorecards in most peoples eyes but will get ''robbed'' by the judges.

Online HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58639 on: November 24, 2018, 07:58:56 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/CIjnWRGQj0U" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/CIjnWRGQj0U</a>

I know John Fury isn't everyone's cup of a tea but I actually like listening to his interviews. He's a straight talking guy. This is a really good honest interview imo.

I can't wait until next weekend. I just hope Fury will upset the odds again and pull it off.