Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3455266 times)

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
Re: COVID-19
« Reply #6840 on: March 16, 2020, 09:24:11 am »
People like this should be imprisoned.

Yes. It's beyond belief (or even a parody of the insane ramblings of a lunatic), but never forget, he's likely one of Magic's personal scientific advisors.
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #6841 on: March 16, 2020, 09:27:21 am »
Usually organise the office sweep on the Grand National every year but with that unlikely to go ahead I might organise one for trying to pick what day our bosses will finally acknowledge this crisis and send at least one e-mail about it. ;D

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #6842 on: March 16, 2020, 09:35:23 am »
Has anyone seen an accurate number for the amount of ventilators in Italy?

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #6843 on: March 16, 2020, 09:40:04 am »

On other things, I was chatting to my daughter yesterday (she's a Consultant) and there appear to be low level rumblings on the grapevine coming from Wuhan that the cause of the death toll amongst younger people may have a link with the antibiotics they were given to counteract the secondaries, pneumonia etc. It's one of the areas of research apparently being looked into to determine if the antibiotics may somehow have exacerbated the problem with this strain of virus.

Son, who's also a doctor, recommends highly that anyone who is in the at risk age category, if they haven't done so, takes advantage of all this time being at home and gives up smoking immediately, today. It will likely improve your survival chances should you get infected.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #6844 on: March 16, 2020, 09:43:40 am »
On other things, I was chatting to my daughter yesterday (she's a Consultant) and there appear to be low level rumblings on the grapevine coming from Wuhan that the cause of the death toll amongst younger people may have a link with the antibiotics they were given to counteract the secondaries, pneumonia etc. It's one of the areas of research apparently being looked into to determine if the antibiotics may somehow have exacerbated the problem with this strain of virus.

Son, who's also a doctor, recommends highly that anyone who is in the at risk age category, if they haven't done so, takes advantage of all this time being at home and gives up smoking immediately, today. It will likely improve your survival chances should you get infected.

You must be very proud of your kids. High achievers indeed. They will be under enormous pressure in the coming months so I am tipping my virtual hat to them.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6845 on: March 16, 2020, 09:43:55 am »
This panic buying crap is starting to become a pain. I just went to get a normal pack of toilet roll as well as things like bread and pasta but the delivery came in at 7 and by 9:30 all gone.

Also sanitary products? Ladies, you only need a weeks worth every month. You dont need to hoard that shit.

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6846 on: March 16, 2020, 09:46:45 am »
This panic buying crap is starting to become a pain. I just went to get a normal pack of toilet roll as well as things like bread and pasta but the delivery came in at 7 and by 9:30 all gone.

Also sanitary products? Ladies, you only need a weeks worth every month. You dont need to hoard that shit.

I am convinced people posting pictures of empty shelves is perpetuating things too, be responsible ffs 

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6847 on: March 16, 2020, 09:47:33 am »

May be a stupid question but why were they giving antibiotics for a virus?

Over 80? Italian doctors are not even intubating 60+ year olds with no co-morbidities due to demand, so in all three of your scenarios the outcome is likely no ventilator due to more pressing demand elsewhere.  The only solution to this is social distancing and washing your hands.

The point stands: do you not intubate a fit 60-year-old doctor but intubate a 49 year old with co-morbidities? The business of there being too few ventilators mean that there will be cut-off points, be they at 60 or 65, be they to do with fitness or underlying conditions. I wouldn't like to be a doctor having to make those decisions. They would haunt you forever.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 09:52:33 am by No666 »

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #6848 on: March 16, 2020, 09:48:44 am »
May be a stupid question but why were they giving antibiotics for a virus?

the antibiotics they were given to counteract the secondaries, pneumonia etc.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #6849 on: March 16, 2020, 09:51:03 am »
Usually organise the office sweep on the Grand National every year but with that unlikely to go ahead I might organise one for trying to pick what day our bosses will finally acknowledge this crisis and send at least one e-mail about it. ;D
;D

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #6850 on: March 16, 2020, 09:53:08 am »

Thanks, I've been fortunate in that they've both done very well indeed, but I do fear for them in the coming months with them being, certainly in sons case, on the immediate front line and so very exposed, as are all the NHS workers. Hats off to them all.

I expect it's to attempt to alleviate and fix the secondaries like pneumonia.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6851 on: March 16, 2020, 09:54:10 am »

So the pneumonia is caused not by the original virus but by an opportunistic bacteria?

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #6852 on: March 16, 2020, 09:58:16 am »
So the pneumonia is caused not by the original virus but by an opportunistic bacteria?

Yeah, pneumonia is basically caused by an infection which the coronavirus can cause.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #6853 on: March 16, 2020, 10:00:24 am »
Been sent home to self-isolate for 7 days. Sore throat, cough and shortness of breath/chest pain. Which is nice.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6854 on: March 16, 2020, 10:00:28 am »
The post in question said that the army were coming in. If people saw that in the UK, then you'd imagine the panic would go through the roof and we'd be well on the way to civil unrest.

But it wasn't about the UK*

*Yet.
Ah. Yes, that's a fair point. But I don't see the purpose of a thread for each country.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Jagdip

• former Lunatic
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6855 on: March 16, 2020, 10:01:43 am »
Been sent home to self-isolate for 7 days. Sore throat, cough and shortness of breath/chest pain. Which is nice.

Assuming your symptoms came on when you got to work? Hope you feel better soon.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #6856 on: March 16, 2020, 10:02:59 am »

So you thought you'd come and infect us all in here!!!

Hopefully you're all good.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6857 on: March 16, 2020, 10:03:40 am »
Interview on Marr with the South Korean foreign minister (wearing an amazing suit) detailing their response.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tgxhVOoScp0&t=59s

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6858 on: March 16, 2020, 10:04:09 am »

The 2 major supermarkets in Australia are opening from 7-8AM exclusively for the elderly and those with a disability to allow them to shop "in a less crowded environment" and "obtain the essential items they need most". They'll also be offering care packages that can be asked for by those people who cannot make that window.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6859 on: March 16, 2020, 10:06:17 am »
Get well soon.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #6860 on: March 16, 2020, 10:06:36 am »
The 2 major supermarkets in Australia are opening from 7-8AM exclusively for the elderly and those with a disability to allow them to shop "in a less crowded environment" and "obtain the essential items they need most". They'll also be offering care packages that can be asked for by those people who cannot make that window.

I imagine this will happen over here.

24 hour stores are already about to change to closing around 10pm to allow for them to be properly restocked as it's a shit show at the moment the minute any new product is wheeled onto the floor. So that would allow them to limit who they open for earlier on.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #6861 on: March 16, 2020, 10:07:11 am »

Pretty much so.

Pneumonia is the filling up of the lungs with fluid causing difficulty in their functioning.

It can be triggered by a variety of other things.

I suffered it at the age of 25 when I had pleurisy, which in itself is a simple thing, a pimple for want of a better word on the pleural sac that surrounds the lung. As the lung expands it rubs against the pleural sac but if there is a pimple, that triggers absolute agony when attempting to breathe, so the lungs slowly fill up with fluid that you've been unable to expell,and it's then a bit of a vicious circle. I had one lung full and the other only at 50% capacity and was near death by the time it was diagnosed (that took 4 days) but a simple dose of strong penicillin fixed it. Great for weight loss though, I shed almost two stone over the almost three month recovery period in my case, I went from a svelte 12 down to skin and bones 10 stone, though the thrush caused by the penicillin was like philadelphia cream cheese...

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6862 on: March 16, 2020, 10:17:11 am »

Hope you get better soon! I’ve had a fever and cough the last couple of days but feeling much better today. I’m thinking it was maybe an infection from another ongoing issue but no possible way to know or get tested, so most of us that catch something will never know.

Was thinking isn’t the new non-testing stance just going to shit people up further due to the number of deaths vs cases now bound to shoot up? I know everyone can’t be tested but they need to make this very clear when representing numbers as some people will panic even more.

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #6863 on: March 16, 2020, 10:23:07 am »

Get well soon!

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #6864 on: March 16, 2020, 10:27:42 am »

Get well soon ! and keep us updated.

I think all of us would be interested how fellow Rawkites get on and a little about their experiences.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Jagdip

• former Lunatic
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6865 on: March 16, 2020, 10:28:32 am »
Another MP has tested positive, she is self isolating. Although doesn't meet the criteria for testing.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6866 on: March 16, 2020, 10:29:22 am »

What an absolute c*nt of a man. Social media need to get a grip and plain ban for life any account holder using their account like that.
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Qston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #6867 on: March 16, 2020, 10:29:29 am »
I imagine this will happen over here.

24 hour stores are already about to change to closing around 10pm to allow for them to be properly restocked as it's a shit show at the moment the minute any new product is wheeled onto the floor. So that would allow them to limit who they open for earlier on.

I sincerely hope so. It is an easy PR win for all the supermarkets to allow vulnerable people to have an hour or two just for them. My M&D just gave up at the weekend and we have helped where we can. It isn`t fair that young people are going hoarding loopy without any thought for others.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #6868 on: March 16, 2020, 10:31:37 am »
I sincerely hope so. It is an easy PR win for all the supermarkets to allow vulnerable people to have an hour or two just for them. My M&D just gave up at the weekend and we have helped where we can. It isn`t fair that young people are going hoarding loopy without any thought for others.

A mate of mine works in Asda and some twat tried to nick and old woman's trolley yesterday which had loo roll, food, etc. in. Thankfully people noticed and he apparently got chucked out by a few people & security!

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6869 on: March 16, 2020, 10:33:44 am »
Nothing to do with his academy chain having an extra year of 6th Form pupils, who are the most valuable in terms of funding. No siree!  ???
It is bonkers, isn't. Just goes to show that you do not need to be that bright to be an educationist (no offense to teachers here or the vast majority of teachers). You'd have twice as many students looking for university places next year, and none in the coming year. As others have suggested (as did I a week ago), apply grades (without exams) as best we can.

As for this year (and maybe for few years), remote learning will become the norm for most/all students.

Offline Qston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #6870 on: March 16, 2020, 10:33:55 am »
A mate of mine works in Asda and some twat tried to nick and old woman's trolley yesterday which had loo roll, food, etc. in. Thankfully people noticed and he apparently got chucked out by a few people & security!

You will always have the odd person like that (scum). I like to think that most people are fundamentally decent, but at the moment it is just making usually normal grounded people worry all the more and hoard themselves. The supermarkets need to get a grip on it and now. It is easy enough to limit amounts of key products and have opening hours specifically for the vulnerable.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #6871 on: March 16, 2020, 10:34:20 am »
My housemates girlfriend has been sent home after 2 people in her office had very bad symptoms.

My brother (with autoimmune diseases) just moved in for a week yesterday because his special needs bathroom is being fitted and he has no where else to go right now.

Stressful.
:D

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6872 on: March 16, 2020, 10:34:21 am »
So much for the British spirit talked about during Brexit!

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #6873 on: March 16, 2020, 10:36:29 am »
You will always have the odd person like that (scum). I like to think that most people are fundamentally decent, but at the moment it is just making usually normal grounded people worry all the more and hoard themselves. The supermarkets need to get a grip on it and now. It is easy enough to limit amounts of key products and have opening hours specifically for the vulnerable.

Most supermarkets have been limiting numbers for a while, but people are just going multiple times or having family members take a trolley through the checkout. Plus there are only so many workers (a lot of which are trying to restock shelves as fast as they can) and queues bigger than at Christmas, so it's not so easy to police.

Offline Qston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #6874 on: March 16, 2020, 10:39:01 am »
Most supermarkets have been limiting numbers for a while, but people are just going multiple times or having family members take a trolley through the checkout. Plus there are only so many workers (a lot of which are trying to restock shelves as fast as they can) and queues bigger than at Christmas, so it's not so easy to police.

Soldier pointing a rifle at a customers head "sir, you have got 5 rolls there when you know the limit is 4. Put the roll down and back away"

Should do the trick

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #6875 on: March 16, 2020, 10:40:19 am »
I'm sure we've all read the threads of Italians basically saying what the hell are you all still doing.
Took a very tentative walk to the park to take my kid for some exercise yesterday in North London, baffled at the amount of people packed together, still eating in pubs, restaurants. Parents still all huddled together in the playground. Buses are full. Spoke to my mum (70) last night and she said she was just waiting to be told to self-isolate, and I had to demand she doesn't listen to the government and get doing that now. I feel like people aren't going to cotton on until the schools shut and we'll see utter chaos.

Luckily my office has shut down and we've taken the child out of nursery so I'm now working from home in a small 2-bed flat with a 2 year old. Interesting times ahead.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6876 on: March 16, 2020, 10:41:34 am »

if he was relevant yes, then again is brother has been pretty shocking over this as well

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #6877 on: March 16, 2020, 10:42:45 am »

Get well soon Sian.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6878 on: March 16, 2020, 10:43:37 am »
Pretty much so.

Pneumonia is the filling up of the lungs with fluid causing difficulty in their functioning.

It can be triggered by a variety of other things.

I suffered it at the age of 25 when I had pleurisy, which in itself is a simple thing, a pimple for want of a better word on the pleural sac that surrounds the lung. As the lung expands it rubs against the pleural sac but if there is a pimple, that triggers absolute agony when attempting to breathe, so the lungs slowly fill up with fluid that you've been unable to expell,and it's then a bit of a vicious circle. I had one lung full and the other only at 50% capacity and was near death by the time it was diagnosed (that took 4 days) but a simple dose of strong penicillin fixed it. Great for weight loss though, I shed almost two stone over the almost three month recovery period in my case, I went from a svelte 12 down to skin and bones 10 stone, though the thrush caused by the penicillin was like philadelphia cream cheese...

Bloody hell.
Get well, soon, Sian.

Online mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #6879 on: March 16, 2020, 10:44:10 am »
I'm sure we've all read the threads of Italians basically saying what the hell are you all still doing.
Took a very tentative walk to the park to take my kid for some exercise yesterday in North London, baffled at the amount of people packed together, still eating in pubs, restaurants. Parents still all huddled together in the playground. Buses are full. Spoke to my mum (70) last night and she said she was just waiting to be told to self-isolate, and I had to demand she doesn't listen to the government and get doing that now. I feel like people aren't going to cotton on until the schools shut and we'll see utter chaos.

Luckily my office has shut down and we've taken the child out of nursery so I'm now working from home in a small 2-bed flat with a 2 year old. Interesting times ahead.

Why do you know more than the government's scientific advice?

Carry on your normal life, adjusting it to the advice we're being given. We're not being told to stay home. We're not being told to stop going to public places so why blame people for doing as they're told.

Situations differ country to country, as do strategies. We have ours, they have theirs. Jumping the gun, as the football authorities did, does nobody any favours.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly