Author Topic: CL SF: Liverpool 4 vs Barçelona 0 (4-3) Origi 6', 79’, Gini 53', 56 Bloody hell.  (Read 265806 times)

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
Missed this game. What was the score?
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Missed this game. What was the score?

dunno, I didn't bother watching, 3-0 down from the first leg, what was the point?

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Did we ever end up discussing this versus Olympiakos? This game is above that one for me but not by as much as I would have thought.

Barca: We are done and dusted after the first leg; Messi; No Salah and Firmino, Keita, and Robertson out at half; but the win is the greatest comeback in the CL (non-final) and puts us in position for number 6.

Olympiakos: No win - no knockout stages. No knockout stages, no No. 5. We give up an early goal...subs score....not looking good...heading for the UEFA Cup....Lovely cushioned header for Gerraaaaaaaaaaard!

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online jckliew

• Legacy Fan
We are bored. No new signings. We go back to olde memories. LOL
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline KopThat

• "See Tom turn red, See Tom run, Oh happy days."
  • Legacy Fan
  • He who laughs last, didn't quite get the joke...
    • GameFaceMe
"One in the hole you say...?"

That was my first thought :)

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Did we ever end up discussing this versus Olympiakos? This game is above that one for me but not by as much as I would have thought.

Barca: We are done and dusted after the first leg; Messi; No Salah and Firmino, Keita, and Robertson out at half; but the win is the greatest comeback in the CL (non-final) and puts us in position for number 6.

Olympiakos: No win - no knockout stages. No knockout stages, no No. 5. We give up an early goal...subs score....not looking good...heading for the UEFA Cup....Lovely cushioned header for Gerraaaaaaaaaaard!
don’t get through v olympiakos then there is a good chance Gerrard goes that summer too, would still put barca ahead due to needing 4 at kickoff whereas we only needed 1 v olympiakos, interesting comparison for the older folks is barca v st etienne

Offline Red Bird

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Hard to compare. 2004/05 we had lost our top striker in Owen and the media and its dog was basically hounding Gerrard out of Anfield all the way to the Chelsea. But it was only one goal in it to be fair.

2019 against Barcelona feels more momentous given the the deficit, the opponent and the fact that we had two of the front three out of that match. Added to tat was the fact that we were on a downer after the League results a few days earlier. Just listen to Radio 5 Live! to appreciate it.

The "great European nights" at Anfield is not just a cliche; it's reality.
« Last Edit: August 3, 2019, 04:01:31 pm by Red Bird »

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
I need this game injected in me veins every day

Offline free_at_last

• Legacy Fan
  • we all live in a Red and White Kop
don’t get through v olympiakos then there is a good chance Gerrard goes that summer too, would still put barca ahead due to needing 4 at kickoff whereas we only needed 1 v olympiakos, interesting comparison for the older folks is barca v st etienne
Interesting that Inter Milan 1965 is dropping off the register these days(I know there may not be that many who were there still around). I wasn't at Barca but, believe me, Inter Milan 1965 will never be beaten for atmosphere - the Kop and Anfield at their zenith.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_t3z_5R90M
« Last Edit: August 4, 2019, 12:31:22 am by free_at_last »

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
That was my first thought :)

Glad it wasn't just me. ;D

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
Bumping for wholesome goodness.  (Need it after reading the injury thread.)

Popcorn's Art

Offline Andy-oh-six

• Legacy Fan
  • Mr Susan in 'the world of mirrors'...
Internet terrorist

Offline drmick

• Legacy Fan
Anybody see the half time from the Barca dressing room doing the rounds on Twitter? It's from their upcoming documentary.

They look so dejected that my suspicion was that it had to be fake- as in it was either a different match, or from after the final whistle.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Anybody see the half time from the Barca dressing room doing the rounds on Twitter? It's from their upcoming documentary.

They look so dejected that my suspicion was that it had to be fake- as in it was either a different match, or from after the final whistle.

It's after the final whistle.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion

It’s clearly from full time isn’t it? The one where they’re all sat in stunned silence?

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?

If you mean this one, it's at full time.

https://streamable.com/s/z6a7g/deysjo

Poor Shakira.  :D
« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 09:51:59 pm by Sons of pioneerS »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
Watched a couple of YouTube Spanish match commentaries yesterday, not the action, the camera is solely on the commentator who is a steady state of disbelief.

Also watched a great match day vlog from a Barca fan, who was also stunned into a state of shock! Not sure how many times I have watched this games, the Inside Anfield is a brilliant version too.

I really am obsessed with this game, it was such an incredible, mind blowing achievement and I will never tire of watching it!

« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 10:40:07 pm by mikeb58 »
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
The full episode is on rakuten tv in uk

Download the app and it’s free to watch

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
If you mean this one, it's at full time.

https://streamable.com/s/z6a7g/deysjo

Poor Shakira.  :D

I would comfort her....

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
I would comfort her....

Not so fast ... join the back of the queue please.  :missus
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan

Offline redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
The full episode is on rakuten tv in uk

Download the app and it’s free to watch

Thanks for heads up, it's unmissable.

Free if you click watch with ads. Episode 7 - 18 Days- which covers our semifinal up to the Copa Del Rey final on the 25th. That game passed me by as our Final on June 1st was the sole focus.
We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Watched a couple of YouTube Spanish match commentaries yesterday, not the action, the camera is solely on the commentator who is a steady state of disbelief.

Also watched a great match day vlog from a Barca fan, who was also stunned into a state of shock! Not sure how many times I have watched this games, the Inside Anfield is a brilliant version too.

I really am obsessed with this game, it was such an incredible, mind blowing achievement and I will never tire of watching it!

I totally agree, you would watch this game more than you actually watch the Final, which let's face it wasn't a great game. But this game had everything. It's also strange when you look back and think had we not turned this around, how different the season itself would have panned out.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Has everyone seen the video which is supposed to be in the Barca dressing room after the game?

A bewildered post-destruction silence.

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
Good result

Offline FernandoTourettes

• Legacy Fan
Surely its been posted before, but the Barcelona Documentary is a MUST WATCH for so many reasons, regardless of the Semi Final Matches. But Especially Episodes 6 and 7.

- The behind the scenes chats
- The preparation of Barca against us before the game, half time, post match.

https://rakuten.tv/uk/streams/movie/matchday-episode-6-european-night

• Legacy Fan
Surely its been posted before, but the Barcelona Documentary is a MUST WATCH for so many reasons, regardless of the Semi Final Matches. But Especially Episodes 6 and 7.

- The behind the scenes chats
- The preparation of Barca against us before the game, half time, post match.

https://rakuten.tv/uk/streams/movie/matchday-episode-6-european-night
Any links for outside the uK?

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
HAS ANYONE WATCHED THE BARCA THING??
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
HAS ANYONE WATCHED THE BARCA THING??
Huh? Is there a documentary or something?

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
Huh? Is there a documentary or something?

Dislocated its shoulder on international duty...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Just saw the video of Jordi Alba crying at half time, when they were still 3-1, amazing that they left him on with the state he was in

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Just saw the video of Jordi Alba crying at half time, when they were still 3-1, amazing that they left him on with the state he was in

Where did you see that mate? Would be great if they made a documentary abar Barca, with maybe a bit showing our games, and the effect on them.

But hey ho.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
I need this game injected in me veins every day

I never tire of watching..........

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Ik-DhHJM8eo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Ik-DhHJM8eo</a>
#JFT97

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

is it because of his miss/alisson save at the stroke of halftime?

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
is it because of his miss/alisson save at the stroke of halftime?

Not sure to be honest, although he wasn't having a great game was he. I think it was his mistake that gave the ball away for the first goal ?

https://streamable.com/0tuk2

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
I was just reading that Liverpool's 4-0 demolition of Barcelona was the most watched YouTube video in the UK in 2019.  ;D

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I was just reading that Liverpool's 4-0 demolition of Barcelona was the most watched YouTube video in the UK in 2019.  ;D

I mean all of us surely watched it 100s of times lol.