Author Topic: CL: Liverpool 0 vs 1 Internazionale Milano (2-1 on aggregate) Martinez 61’  (Read 24188 times)

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
Heard people say we never lost a home leg of a tie after winning first leg away. Didn't we lose to some Austrian team at home but went through as we won first leg at home in 2004?

Sturm Graz. Also Barcelona 2008 won away 2-1 lost at home 1-0 i think?

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Why don’t the inter folks take knee at kick?

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
Why don’t the inter folks take knee at kick?

My understanding is that they believe there is no racism in Serie A so there is no point.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
My understanding is that they believe there is no racism in Serie A so there is no point.

Hahahaaha. They probably do believe that!

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Sturm Graz. Also Barcelona 2008 won away 2-1 lost at home 1-0 i think?

2007 that was.

We outplayed what was a pretty shit Barca team back then too, had some 19yr old kid called Messi playing with no marks like Valdez, Puyol, Iniesta, Xavi, Eto'o and some fella called Ronaldhino.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
2007 that was.

We outplayed what was a pretty shit Barca team back then too, had some 19yr old kid called Messi playing with no marks like Valdez, Puyol, Iniesta, Xavi, Eto'o and some fella called Ronaldhino.

Our golf game was sharp.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
Our golf game was sharp.

It was so long ago. Craig Bellamy must be playing with a scratch Handicap by now.

Offline Wilmo

• Legacy Fan
I hope JK was enraged about that performance as i was.

As for the ref...really, really weird. Not in a 1965 way, more that he seemed to ignore clear fouls then give out cards for very little. Total oddball.

I swear I recognise him from a game one time, just as weird then
'History has always shown that when we stay together we can sort out problems. When we split then we start fighting. There was not one time in history where division creates success.' - Klopp

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
I remember that game
Me too mate. Incredible night of tension on the Kop. If I remember correctly it was a flag night as well. One of the few times I’ve walked along the front of the Kop and looked up. What a sight. It looked unbelievable that night. Actually I think it was ‘Paisley night’. “Paisley, Paisley” being sang slowly to Amazing Grace, just added to the atmospheric nature of the night. Then the most nerve shredding second half you could endure. Brilliant night.

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
Me too mate. Incredible night of tension on the Kop. If I remember correctly it was a flag night as well. One of the few times I’ve walked along the front of the Kop and looked up. What a sight. It looked unbelievable that night. Actually I think it was ‘Paisley night’. “Paisley, Paisley” being sang slowly to Amazing Grace, just added to the atmospheric nature of the night. Then the most nerve shredding second half you could endure. Brilliant night.

Momo hit the crossbar I think... nerves were shredded by the end.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad

He did indeed - was a quality match - many fingernails chewed. Though much respect from the Barca fans afterwards too:-

www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=112969.msg17859386#msg17859386
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Realgman

• Kopite
  • gerrup the yard
I am not a dreamer. I am a football romantic-Jurgen Klopp

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

but but but we didn't "look" great!! and we were saved by the offside flag. And the red card. And stuff.

Offline Johnny Aldridge

• Kopite
  • Red & White Crown Paints Kop
speaking of respect (sorry if already posted:

https://www.empireofthekop.com/2022/03/09/images-inter-milan-fans-leave-classy-gesture-at-anfields-hillsborough-memorial-before-champions-league-tie/

Yeah Respect to Inter Fans, the Inter fan who posted here after the tie was a class act also.
For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side.
Bill Shankly 1913-1981.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
speaking of respect (sorry if already posted:

https://www ;D.empireofthekop.com/2022/03/09/images-inter-milan-fans-leave-classy-gesture-at-anfields- :- memorial-before-champions-league-tie/

Classy fans.

Didn’t go to either match this time but I went to both in 08 and they were really sound then, for all the shit Italian teams (deservedly) get for their fans, those of both Milan clubs seem a cut above in my experience.

Remember the banner at the away leg in 07, something like, ‘Liverpool, no matter what we will never forget 25/05/05’
« Last Edit: March 10, 2022, 07:49:44 am by Jm55 »

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
The one I’m thinking of was a few years before his time mate. Owen missed a pen though to add to the tension.

Online Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan