Author Topic: WTF!?  (Read 1225 times)

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
WTF!?
« on: September 18, 2017, 07:13:48 am »
First Brexit, now this:

http://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-england-bristol-41170687/i-ve-never-had-a-date-like-this-before

Will someone please explain to me what's happening with the UK. I leave you for five minutes and the whole place goes insane. You need a collective slap around the head!

I really did 'laugh out loud' at that clip.

A little more seriously though: people no longer seem to posses a filter. Any opportunity to 'get noticed' seems like a good idea. I think I first became aware of this phenomena with Blind Date. I actually went to school with one of the more cringe-worthy 'contestants' (one of the tabloids even ran a centre-spread about him afterwards). Some years later, we had all those shameless lunatics appearing on Big Brother (just checked - I can't believe that it is still going). Of course, the Internet has had a huge influence on how people behave in this regard, and now so much shit is almost normal. Even Presidents Tweet their most inane and insane thoughts.

And, in an effort to make this post fit just a little more topical: a recent book describes just how different the current crop of adolescents are compared with any previous generation since at least the 1930s:

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/09/has-the-smartphone-destroyed-a-generation/534198/

If the premise of the book is correct, there is a mental illness time bomb in the making. I'll have to buy the book to form a proper opinion about that. But, as per my opening comments, I feel things now are different, and I don't think it is just the usual 'older people bemoaning that it was not the same in my day'.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 07:21:34 am by Jiminy Cricket »
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: WTF!?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 07:20:12 am »
Heard that story about a week or so ago. I don't know what's worse, getting caught upside down in a window trying to pick shit up or taking your date home to watch a fucking documentary!

What I will say is that every weird thing that happens is now a story. It makes the news, albeit on the internet and even if you don't read the news you'll come across it somehow via social media .
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 09:46:47 am by Titi Camara »

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 08:11:21 am »
Don't believe it - he looks like he is trying to act like he is trying to act.

I really wouldn't be surprised if it was blag.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 09:46:53 am »
Every time I see something like this it reminds me of Trainspotting, and he's talking about in the future there won't be girls and boys, just c*nts.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 04:41:00 pm »
Don't believe it - he looks like he is trying to act like he is trying to act.

I really wouldn't be surprised if it was blag.

I'm sure it is real. Here's another BBC webpage on the story, but with some additional details:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-bristol-41167296

And can someone please explain what's this BBC webpage about!? A 'Pidgin English' version? Wot?

https://www.bbc.com/pidgin/tori-41171196

I still can't my head around him starting a gofundme page; and without a hint of embarrassment. And of course, the whole 'it won't flush - I know, I'll trow it out the window instead' response to a floater. In what universe is that a viable option?

@Claire, you might be right.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2017, 04:46:29 pm »
Every time I see something like this it reminds me of Trainspotting, and he's talking about in the future there won't be girls and boys, just c*nts.

:lmao

Great reference.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2017, 05:54:41 pm »
Funny enough, I think the same thing.

Renton was off a tad in his prediction, though. He reckoned it would take 1000 years for there to be "no guys or girls, just wankers". It only took 20.

As for this story, I recall seeing it about a month ago and just shaking my head at it, thinking "Why, or how in the absolute fuck has this been passed as news on the main fucking page of the BBC News website?" Yep. That's where we're at, folks.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 05:57:16 pm by Macphisto80 »