Author Topic: The RAWK Positivity and otherwise Uplifting thread.  (Read 62882 times)

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
Re: The RAWK Positivity and otherwise Uplifting thread.
« Reply #320 on: March 2, 2018, 09:16:53 pm »
Love this thread. Endlessly.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #321 on: March 8, 2018, 06:25:44 pm »
FRIENDSHIP

is a mirror to presence and a testament to forgiveness. Friendship not only helps us to see ourselves through another’s eyes, but can be sustained over the years only with someone who has repeatedly forgiven us for our trespasses as we must find it in ourselves to forgive them in turn.

A friend knows our difficulties and shadows and remains in sight, a companion to our vulnerabilities more than our triumphs, when we are under the strange illusion we do not need them. An undercurrent of real friendship is a blessing exactly because its elemental form is rediscovered again and again through understanding and mercy. All friendships of any length are based on a continued, mutual forgiveness. Without tolerance and mercy all friendships die.

In the course of the years a close friendship will always reveal the shadow in the other as much as ourselves, to remain friends we must know the other and their difficulties and even their sins and encourage the best in them, not through critique but through addressing the better part of them, the leading creative edge of their incarnation, thus subtly discouraging what makes them smaller, less generous, less of themselves.

Friendship is the great hidden transmuter of all relationship: it can transform a troubled marriage, make honorable a professional rivalry, make sense of heartbreak and unrequited love and become the newly discovered ground for a mature parent-child relationship.

The dynamic of friendship is almost always underestimated as a constant force in human life: a diminishing circle of friends is the first terrible diagnostic of a life in deep trouble: of overwork, of too much emphasis on a professional identity of forgetting who will be there when our armored personalities run into the inevitable natural disasters and vulnerabilities found in even the most ordinary existence…

Friendship transcends disappearance: an enduring friendship goes on after death, the exchange only transmuted by absence, the relationship advancing and maturing in a silent internal conversational way even after one half of the bond has passed on.

But no matter the medicinal virtues of being a true friend or sustaining a long close relationship with another, the ultimate touchstone of friendship is not improvement, neither of the self nor of the other, the ultimate touchstone is witness, the privilege of having been seen by someone and the equal privilege of being granted the sight of the essence of another, to have walked with them and to have believed in them, and sometimes just to have accompanied them for however brief a span, on a journey impossible to accomplish alone.

Excerpt From ‘FRIENDSHIP’ in
CONSOLATIONS: The Solace, Nourishment
and Underlying Meaning of Everyday Words.
© David Whyte & Many Rivers Press
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #322 on: March 10, 2018, 06:43:16 pm »

« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 06:45:23 pm by sms1986 »

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #323 on: March 24, 2018, 09:39:26 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/930ZxDqpUCo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/930ZxDqpUCo</a>

Popcorn's Art

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: April 17, 2018, 10:47:18 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/dxCZwa3XKAc&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/dxCZwa3XKAc&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

Popcorn's Art

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #326 on: April 21, 2018, 10:01:15 am »
A small revelation I had from my morning meditation today.  Decided to share.

Popcorn's Art

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #327 on: May 12, 2018, 10:54:44 am »
A song you can truly dance around the house too. ;) ;D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/YVGMnVMH1Y0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/YVGMnVMH1Y0</a>

Popcorn's Art

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #328 on: August 7, 2018, 09:43:20 am »
From a friend who is a spiritual teacher

Give up unworthiness

I felt soooo guilty about not being a good little mystic for some time, as I kept on finding that breaking some of the rules was really working for me. One of the biggest guilt trips I put myself on was that when I started drinking coffee, after not having it for years I found it really lifted my mood considerably, and left me feeling like a human being after my morning and early evening cup.

There where other rules to, like am I allowed to do press-ups and pull ups, to build muscle mass, as most of the dogmas in yoga look down on these kind of activities. Even taking selfies, posting videos made me really uncomfortableness first.. was this ego, showing off etc etc.

However breaking all these rules seems to have brought me closer to my nature, made me more joyful, lighter and happier.

There seems to be this strange set of dogmas in the spiritual traditions.. Don’t be human, finding happiness in this world is bad, you are a sinner, separate from life, you are unworthy ....

I don’t know who started spreading this bullshit that a lot of us buy into (oh and spiritual people don’t swear, that’s another one!)

I think the most beautiful transcendental experiences show us two very powerful truths ..

1. We are divine and always have been, we just believe that we aren’t.

2. We are eternal and completely lovable in every moment exactly as we are.

So anyone within the spiritual community, whether a famous teacher or a great yogi that can’t demonstrate these 2 simple qualities to you and to others, or doesn’t see you this way is probably just chatting s**t.

But then again don’t we all from time to time.

Trust your own way, trust your own happiness and insights , they are powerful tools for bringing you home, back to who and what you already are.

Popcorn's Art

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #329 on: August 27, 2018, 06:06:31 pm »
For all those struggling today.  In my thoughts.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/nvlTJrNJ5lA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/nvlTJrNJ5lA</a>

Popcorn's Art

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: October 3, 2018, 11:06:55 am »

Popcorn's Art

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: December 11, 2018, 10:05:15 am »

Popcorn's Art

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #332 on: March 11, 2019, 12:13:49 pm »
Not a mantra or a positive meme.  Just a lovely looking, peaceful picture.  :wave

Popcorn's Art

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: March 18, 2019, 09:45:02 pm »
Be gentle towards yourself.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Phatz

• Clean and serene... Yeah right...RAWK's Resident Pet Shop Boy?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Not being funny right, but...
« Reply #334 on: March 20, 2019, 03:36:31 am »
I lost one of my best friends last week.
I have been at the mercy of my emotions ever since.
I work in a school in Vietnam, trying not to cry when I see/hear/smell something that reminds me of him.
He was from Manchester. I won't be able to say my goodbyes until I get back in the summer.

I came on here because I know there are so many words of wisdom in this thread. They haven't made my pain diminish but it has made me feel ok about grieving. I don't do death well. I think it's due to the fact that my grandparents all died before I was born and only had a couple of aunties/uncles so never really had to deal with it as an adult. My partner has been immense. She has let me be human, dried my many tears, fed me and hugged me.

All things pass - My mum told me this on Sunday when I rang my parents to tell them. I'm not going to do anything stupid/harmful. I do know that this pain will dull from the sharp, stabbing twists and shocks I am experiencing. I know it will take time. But, again, thank you girls and boys of RAWK. Yer alright in my book.

YNWA...
'Nuff said...

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #335 on: March 20, 2019, 08:45:16 am »
I work in a school in Vietnam, trying not to cry when I see/hear/smell something that reminds me of him.
He was from Manchester. I won't be able to say my goodbyes until I get back in the summer.

I came on here because I know there are so many words of wisdom in this thread. They haven't made my pain diminish but it has made me feel ok about grieving. I don't do death well. I think it's due to the fact that my grandparents all died before I was born and only had a couple of aunties/uncles so never really had to deal with it as an adult. My partner has been immense. She has let me be human, dried my many tears, fed me and hugged me.

All things pass - My mum told me this on Sunday when I rang my parents to tell them. I'm not going to do anything stupid/harmful. I do know that this pain will dull from the sharp, stabbing twists and shocks I am experiencing. I know it will take time. But, again, thank you girls and boys of RAWK. Yer alright in my book.

YNWA...
I saw this earlier and just wanted to pass on my best.
Sounds like you've got a great partner but it must be awful being so remote. Just make sure you talk as much as you need to and try not to keep it all in. Someone told me fairly recently that there's no time limit on grief, you don't just get to say 6 months and then it goes away, but you do learn to live with it.
Try to remember the good times with your friend, the laughs. The good memories will be important.
YNWA

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: April 6, 2019, 10:26:24 am »

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: April 8, 2019, 09:17:26 pm »

YNWA...

Only just saw this.  Sending love and hugs mate.  I'm glad this thread has offered you some small solace.

And thank you sms1986 for the lovely image you shared.  It definitely speaks the truth.

Popcorn's Art

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #338 on: April 8, 2019, 10:50:45 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/q50XTlY99TU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/q50XTlY99TU</a>
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: April 10, 2019, 10:51:13 am »
And thank you sms1986 for the lovely image you shared.  It definitely speaks the truth.

You're welcome!

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #340 on: April 10, 2019, 03:21:15 pm »

YNWA...

Alright mate, just saw this. [ Edit -sorry just saw your pm - yes it was a  different young man  that was a mate of my daughter in HCMC] - non - the - less - so sorry for your loss

« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 10:08:12 pm by kavah »

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #341 on: April 12, 2019, 09:22:21 am »

Popcorn's Art

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: April 24, 2019, 10:33:38 am »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/6zpHN5VdLhk&amp;feature=share" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/6zpHN5VdLhk&amp;feature=share</a>
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 10:35:30 am by Red Berry »

Popcorn's Art

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: May 19, 2019, 04:46:56 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Kvs-_22lwjA&amp;t=316s" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Kvs-_22lwjA&amp;t=316s</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/EMR9YlnDIaQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/EMR9YlnDIaQ</a>

Popcorn's Art

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan

Popcorn's Art

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #345 on: June 13, 2019, 08:12:40 pm »

Popcorn's Art

Offline Phatz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #346 on: June 14, 2019, 07:42:37 am »
Love this thread.

Posts are few and far(ish) between but they never fail.

Nice one guys and dolls.

I'm feeling better since my loss.
My partner and I will be back in Liverpool in three-ish weeks, We'll get a chance to go see his grave and show my final respects. Just hope I hold it together. Then we're off out in Manny with friends to have our late wake. Send him off in Scouse Style.

Having this waiting is daunting but also something I need to do. I miss him. Really miss him.

Once again though, thank you for your wonderfully kind, encouraging words, you beautiful people.

Peace :)
'Nuff said...

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #347 on: June 14, 2019, 11:11:18 am »
Love this thread.

Posts are few and far(ish) between but they never fail.

Nice one guys and dolls.

I'm feeling better since my loss.
My partner and I will be back in Liverpool in three-ish weeks, We'll get a chance to go see his grave and show my final respects. Just hope I hold it together. Then we're off out in Manny with friends to have our late wake. Send him off in Scouse Style.

Having this waiting is daunting but also something I need to do. I miss him. Really miss him.

Once again though, thank you for your wonderfully kind, encouraging words, you beautiful people.

Peace :)

Sending you all the positive thoughts mate.  You're never alone in here. :)

Popcorn's Art

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: June 15, 2019, 10:34:10 am »

Popcorn's Art

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: June 20, 2019, 05:58:46 pm »
"You don't have to believe the words.  The mere uttering of them makes the inner self believe them.  the inner self does not judge the words as truth or not - it simply responds to them.  It only reacts to what it is fed."  Susan Jeffers - Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/GnWlERK0UJc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/GnWlERK0UJc</a>

Popcorn's Art

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #350 on: June 20, 2019, 08:12:07 pm »
None of us are as shallow and as shit as Jesse Lingard,

Forget money, forget beans, forget... forgetting.....You ain't that shit.... You're a social Lion compared to that twat.

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: June 23, 2019, 02:16:19 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/0CXqgLIPjwg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/0CXqgLIPjwg</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/7O05HWp2Nys" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/7O05HWp2Nys</a>

Popcorn's Art

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: July 10, 2019, 09:25:45 am »

Popcorn's Art

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #353 on: July 10, 2019, 09:26:45 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/xEm-a0AhLu0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/xEm-a0AhLu0</a>

Popcorn's Art

Offline Phatz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #354 on: July 11, 2019, 07:56:00 pm »

I'm off to Manny tomorrow to see off my friend Tom.
I'm feeling it tonight.
Bit of a mess, anxious to be fair.

BUT...

I'm going to do him proud. I'll be dignified until I'm not.
I'll laugh about him, I'll defo cry over him.

My mate Tom...
'Nuff said...

Offline Phatz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #355 on: July 11, 2019, 07:56:35 pm »

Thank you all before I forget...
'Nuff said...

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #356 on: July 11, 2019, 08:16:30 pm »
Sending you an internet hug mate.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Phatz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #357 on: July 11, 2019, 08:23:45 pm »
Sending you an internet hug mate.

You are a proper boss head. Thank you.
'Nuff said...

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #358 on: July 16, 2019, 11:11:29 pm »
It's a partial lunar eclipse tonight, get outside and have a look. It should be visible in Europe, the US, Asia, Australia and South America tonight.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: August 14, 2019, 09:01:56 am »