The Liverpool FC Forum > Former LFC Players

Graeme Souness

(1/25) > >>

norecat:
Told a very touching story on the Irish Radio program Off The Ball. It was 1984 and Liverpool we’re playing away in a league match. Souness was late getting on the bus and Joe Fagan gave him loads about it. Souness proceeds to sit down on the bus on his own.  As he sat down someone tipped Fagan off that Souness heard his mother had only a day to live. Fagan proceeded to join Souness down the bus and put his arm around him for the rest of the journey. Souness understandably got very emotional retelling this. Class act from a classy Mr Fagan. These men were hard but they had a heart.

mike777:
Joe was as crucial to our success as anyone really; he was the link between the management (especially under Bob) and the players and the player's man in the coaching team/the one to break bad news etc. by all accounts.

I fear he's a largely forgotten figure in our history certainly outside Merseyside but he shouldn't be; absolutely integral part of the Boot Room.

Keith Lard:

--- Quote from: mike777 on February 28, 2020, 01:24:12 pm ---Joe was as crucial to our success as anyone really; he was the link between the management (especially under Bob) and the players and the player's man in the coaching team/the one to break bad news etc. by all accounts.

I fear he's a largely forgotten figure in our history certainly outside Merseyside but he shouldn't be; absolutely integral part of the Boot Room.

--- End quote ---

Completely agree!

Alf:

--- Quote from: mike777 on February 28, 2020, 01:24:12 pm ---Joe was as crucial to our success as anyone really; he was the link between the management (especially under Bob) and the players and the player's man in the coaching team/the one to break bad news etc. by all accounts.

--- End quote ---

Smoking Joe was as successful in 1984 as any Liverpool manager has ever been. so his place in our history cannot be denied.

Red Beret:
He was one of our own was Joe Fagan.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version