Author Topic: Chasing the Title  (Read 1399368 times)

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Chasing the Title, The Pack Chasing Us
« Reply #2640 on: January 13, 2019, 10:34:20 pm »
We'll these with those lot later. Let's take care of Palace.

Yep, they can be a pain in the arse. They are kinda shit but with just enough about them to be a threat going forward and defend well on a good day as City amusingly found out.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2641 on: January 13, 2019, 10:35:42 pm »
We beat Blackburn in 95 when nobody wanted us to though.

Indeed. Listen, people believe players intentionally lose matches, thats fair enough, everyone is entitled to believe what they want, I dont think it happens. People say they would hope we would do the same, personally I wouldn't want a player anywhere near our team who is prepared to "bend over" as its been referred to. Because if they are ok with that, they have a stinking attitude.
Fans may hope their team lose at times, but believing managers and players hope the same ?

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2642 on: January 13, 2019, 10:37:49 pm »
United-City is new new "rivalry" that doesn't have the same context like ours. If you ask United fans who'd they prefer to become champions, us or City, what do you think the answer would be? And whether they like it or not, that very question has already been asked in practice. 

Fans. if you ask fans. Fans can think what they want, if you asked the Utd team who they would prefer ?  Their answer would probably be along the lines of I couldn't give a fuck if its not us.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2643 on: January 13, 2019, 10:38:25 pm »
We'll these with those lot later. Let's take care of Palace.

Good point :-)

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
« Reply #2644 on: January 13, 2019, 10:38:48 pm »
We can only control and win our own games. Fuck what Man U and the blue shite do against Manchester City that's out of our hands.

We just need to focus on our next game against Palace and get the 3 points we need. We need to make it difficult for Manchester City to catch us - 7 points is a good cushion at the moment.

“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2645 on: January 13, 2019, 10:43:04 pm »
Everton won't lose to city because they aren't trying. They'll lose because they're shite.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #2646 on: January 13, 2019, 10:46:56 pm »
Fans. if you ask fans. Fans can think what they want, if you asked the Utd team who they would prefer ?  Their answer would probably be along the lines of I couldn't give a fuck if its not us.
I'm not big on those conspiracy theories, although players do through games; there are many cases proven in courts. I'm not talking about the fans only. Think of the players playing in a derby, that's always different from any other game. That's because there is an extra emotional charge that makes players put in that tiny extra bit that puts a game on the edge. Any United or Everton player, who has been indoctrinated in the rivalry, would want nothing less that to stop us from winning the league. Not only for themselves, but for the fans too.

And I think that you are wrong about United fans, it was the same with us when they "knocked us from our perch". By and large, we wanted anyone but them since we weren't competitors.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2647 on: January 13, 2019, 10:56:11 pm »
Yep, they can be a pain in the arse. They are kinda shit but with just enough about them to be a threat going forward and defend well on a good day as City amusingly found out.

Yup they're an awkward side to play against and it's been tight in every counter against them, at Anfield as well. They have enough threat and pace on the counter to be a problem and enough discipline to stick to defending deep for long periods for the game

Still can't get over how we lost to them two years ago when we took the lead through Coutinho's free-kick. They had two chances and scored two goals.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2648 on: January 13, 2019, 10:59:06 pm »
I'm not big on those conspiracy theories, although players do through games; there are many cases proven in courts. I'm not talking about the fans only. Think of the players playing in a derby, that's always different from any other game. That's because there is an extra emotional charge that makes players put in that tiny extra bit that puts a game on the edge. Any United or Everton player, who has been indoctrinated in the rivalry, would want nothing less that to stop us from winning the league. Not only for themselves, but for the fans too.

And I think that you are wrong about United fans, it was the same with us when they "knocked us from our perch". By and large, we wanted anyone but them since we weren't competitors.

Fair points on the derby's and effort and that, but doesnt that make it so that Utd would give City as much as they give us ?  Then on the players, all of them Utd players for example have seen City lauding it over them recently, I can't see how they would put less into a game against City than us, just dont see it at all.
The fans ? I dunno, there would be a fair few of them would prefer us , the younger generation likely, it wouldn't be a one sided thing like with us wanting anyone but them, mainly because we never had the dilemma of it being Utd or Everton

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2649 on: January 13, 2019, 11:03:20 pm »

Next time you see a fella on the street, no teeth, bleached blonde hair and a MaKenzie top on,  so definitely a Utd fan, ask him then you have the opinion of the vast majority of them

Offline tornado

• ali
  • Kopite
« Reply #2650 on: January 14, 2019, 12:59:58 am »
We play 4 games in 11 days though (and 6 in 22 days), 4 of which are Bayern in the CL at home then away, Man Utd at OT, and Everton at Goodison. The Man Utd and Everton games are traditionally always big fixtures, and the Bayern game will be a big match as well. The previous run we played 6 games in about 18 days which included Man Utd, Everton, PSG, and Napoli so also really big fixtures - however the 2 big derbies and the Napoli game were all at home, so this time it will be very challenging. That's probably intense enough. We'll need to be at our best to come through that.
Even though ManU and Everton are away, the travel component is pretty much the same as home games and that is one factor that helps given 11 games in 4 days.
Secondly, the way Everton and ManU play now, especially for home games, they will come at us, it will play into our hands. So good that its Marco Silva/OGS and not fat Sam/Mourinho.

Offline free_at_last

• Legacy Fan
  • we all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2651 on: January 14, 2019, 01:22:09 am »
Gerrard’s back pass to Drogba still makes me chuckle although it was ultimately the lesser of two evils triumphing. We beat Blackburn in 95 when nobody wanted us to though.
I did sense in that Chelsea game that our players were aware that beating Chelsea would give the title to united. I remember Dirk Kuyt having a bit of a laugh with his opposite player when we lined up for the kickoff. I also remember Agger having a long shot that went just over - when he got back to his position one of our defenders(I can't remember who) said something to him and he grinned(I don't know what he said but it could have been "they'll rip you apart if you equalise against these and give the mancs the title" :) )

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2652 on: January 14, 2019, 01:40:47 am »
Might be the only time in my life where I was pretty much rooting for a United win. Get Spurs out of our way, but also anything that puts pressure on the board to appoint Solskjaer full-time would be great. He'll inevitably fail there, so really want him chosen as the next manager.

Was thinking the same thing.  Even though Spurs could’ve scored 4-5 goals the result isn’t a bad one all things considered.

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #2653 on: January 14, 2019, 02:27:42 am »
I knew it would come at some point soon! I'd actually been pretty calm about all this so far but for some reason thinking about the job we've got ahead of us this evening started to make me feel nervous.
It'll be a long few months until May and hopefully by the end of it we'll have finally seen liverpool lift number 19! :champ
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline demain

• Shambolic
  • Kopite
  • 'à quoi bon ?'
« Reply #2654 on: January 14, 2019, 05:08:02 am »
I know it's more than a month away, and our immediate focus is Palace this weekend, but reckon the trip to Old Trafford could be crucial in determining the fate of the title race. I bet that lot along the M62 would love to throw a spanner in the works*. I wouldn't rule out them fluking a result somehow with de Gea putting on a worldie. It's our toughest remaining challenge away from home.

I am getting carried away, of course. Have to take care of business with Hodgson's team first.

*With Solskjaer in charge and Ferguson directly involved, they will definitely care more about stopping Liverpool than City winning another title. City don't really register for many clubs, which is probably why les enfants on bluemoon try to manufacture rivalries through sheer vindictive ugliness.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 05:13:10 am by demain »
'Ever bought a fake picture, Toby?'
'Sold a couple once.'
'The more you pay for it, the less inclined you are to doubt its authenticity.'

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2655 on: January 14, 2019, 06:39:30 am »
I know it's more than a month away, and our immediate focus is Palace this weekend, but reckon the trip to Old Trafford could be crucial in determining the fate of the title race. I bet that lot along the M62 would love to throw a spanner in the works*. I wouldn't rule out them fluking a result somehow with de Gea putting on a worldie. It's our toughest remaining challenge away from home.

I am getting carried away, of course. Have to take care of business with Hodgson's team first.

*With Solskjaer in charge and Ferguson directly involved, they will definitely care more about stopping Liverpool than City winning another title. City don't really register for many clubs, which is probably why les enfants on bluemoon try to manufacture rivalries through sheer vindictive ugliness.

My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #2656 on: January 14, 2019, 06:46:20 am »
Imagine the quite realistic scenario that on May 4th when we play Newcastle we need a point to win the title and they need a point to stay up!

There would be still one game to go obviously, but fuck me how would both teams approach such a game!

Liverpool would go all out to win the game like they would any other game.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2657 on: January 14, 2019, 06:53:19 am »
Liverpool would go all out to win the game like they would any other game.

Had United done what they needed to then we would've handed them a title,we would never play for a draw and certainly wouldn't play to lose.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #2658 on: January 14, 2019, 07:01:09 am »
so good playing first and having the rest of the weekend/Monday to enjoy football. That Spurs United game was hilarious couldn't help but laugh at DDG making another save
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2659 on: January 14, 2019, 07:07:01 am »

Solksjaer seems to have breathed new life into them and made them a totally different team, at least for now. I expect them to still falter sooner or later but winning so  many matches has been impressive given how badly they were playing under Mourinho.  Hopefully we can send them into another tailspin when we play them at their stadium next.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2660 on: January 14, 2019, 08:10:28 am »

Like Alan X has said about us wanting to beat Newcastle even if it meant sending them down Utd won't care what's happening at Liverpool or City. Big clubs just want to win.

The players and owners of Utd just want to win games. Utd now have a chance of getting into the top 4 and will give it their all against us and City.

For the record though true Mancs(people from Manchester and not London) would rather Liverpool win the league as they're sick of the amount of Blue City shirts people are wearing and buying in the City. Utd are the the second biggest club in Manchester now and hurts.

Anyway, we just need to concentrate on ourselves and take it a game at a time.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2661 on: January 14, 2019, 08:23:46 am »
Like Alan X has said about us wanting to beat Newcastle even if it meant sending them down Utd won't care what's happening at Liverpool or City. Big clubs just want to win.

The players and owners of Utd just want to win games. Utd now have a chance of getting into the top 4 and will give it their all against us and City.

For the record though true Mancs(people from Manchester and not London) would rather Liverpool win the league as they're sick of the amount of Blue City shirts people are wearing and buying in the City. Utd are the the second biggest club in Manchester now and hurts.

What are you basing that on Fordy?  I live/work in Manchester and United fan want City to win it. All the ones I know anyway.They also wanted them to win the CL tie last year.

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2662 on: January 14, 2019, 09:01:24 am »
Final thing on Spurs, they most certainly can't win the league now. I won't say they can't finish above us OR City, but not both - no way are both clubs going to collapse to the extent that would allow Spurs to win it.

I actually think Spurs could end up dragged back down into the battle for 3rd/4th by the end of the season and there could be a 15 point gap between 2nd and 3rd.

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #2663 on: January 14, 2019, 09:03:36 am »

What are you basing that on Fordy?  I live/work in Manchester and United fan want City to win it. All the ones I know anyway.They also wanted them to win the CL tie last year.

I agree KJ.  Know of a few red mancs who I have worked with and there take on it is if city win it means fuck all it isn't sacred and will just be forgotten.  Where as if we win it then it means a whole lot more and would put us 1 behind on 19. Make no mistake the Scouse hating kicks in too and they will be rooting for city
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2664 on: January 14, 2019, 09:09:28 am »

United and Everton games will be like walking into the lions den. Both will be out to destroy us.
Chelsea at home too, historically a twat of a game and one of the few teams who seem to know how to play/stop us and City.

Good. About time they both actually had the balls to attack us.

This will change nearer the time but, currently, I'm really looking forward to that match at Old Trafford. Spurs should have won that game pretty comfortably yesterday and were let down by some really poor finishing.

Agree on the Chelsea game, but, think we'll feel like we owe them one and we've played well in the big games so far this season.

Boring, dull and very repetitive - one game at a time for the lads. Ignore Spurs. Ignore City. Focus on yourself. Focus on Palace. Next game. Next game. Next game.

Online 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #2665 on: January 14, 2019, 09:15:34 am »
Solksjaer seems to have breathed new life into them and made them a totally different team, at least for now. I expect them to still falter sooner or later but winning so  many matches has been impressive given how badly they were playing under Mourinho.  Hopefully we can send them into another tailspin when we play them at their stadium next.
Aside from Spurs' shit finishing, the second half of that game was hardly any different to the second half against us at Anfield. Pogba was doing his usual vanishing act whenever a bit of hard work was required, United gave up a ton of chances and looked a bit shit quite frankly. Spurs decided to hit every single chance within 4 feet either side of the center of the goal so De Gea didnt have to make a single world class save. United are very much a case of putting lipstick on a pig.

This 'new' United look bizarrely similar to the 'old' United but hey, if it means Ole gets the job full-time, I'm willing to overlook it  ;D If they play like that against us, they will get beaten unless our lads also decide to finish like a gang of hungover Sunday league forwards.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #2666 on: January 14, 2019, 09:26:29 am »
we started the season well....kept up with city's pace when they took over. they had a blip and we got on top.
one game at a time but fucking hell its hard to handle this level of hype around us right now. can't imagine how klopp/players are doing it.

keep thinking there's something being overlooked but nope. things are looking really good there's no denying it. Its nothing to be feared, it should be embraced but its the waiting betwen each game which is the hard bit!

When i think of injuries and how 4 points can be diminished in the matter of a week or so i think yeah....maybe thats why the powder needs to be kept dry right now. Its still only January.

Sooner we can get our centre backs especially Gomez, back. The better. The more games we can put beyond the opposition early and be able to rest Mane, Salah, Firmino....the better. The more games we can keep winning to get closer to May with a good lead intact. The better.

Until then....gah!!
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Red_19

• Main Stander
« Reply #2667 on: January 14, 2019, 09:31:23 am »
Isn’t true at all that city are now bigger in Manchester than Utd. United are still far bigger in the city and around the world. Maybe in 20 years if city continue to win the ‘big’ trophies and Utd follow our 1990’s model of signing duds and chopping and changing the manager will you see the change in stature but certainly at the moment they’re miles ahead.

It is true, however, that I would say a good 95 percent of their scummy fans would much rather city win it than us. They know how big it would be if we won it. It would start a domino effect of trophies coming to us in the next few years and that’s what scares them more than anything.
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it - Rafa B.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #2668 on: January 14, 2019, 09:31:51 am »
United-City is new new "rivalry" that doesn't have the same context like ours. If you ask United fans who'd they prefer to become champions, us or City, what do you think the answer would be? And whether they like it or not, that very question has already been asked in practice. 

I think most United fans would say they'd rather City won the league. But I'm not sure it'd be so weighted towards City if you just asked the fans from Manchester. It'd be exactly the same if it was Everton or United going for the league. I think if you asked Liverpool's worldwide fanbase who they wanted to win the league then the majority would say Everton. If it was just supporters from Merseyside then I think it would be a lot more even, maybe weighted in favour of more wanting United to win it. I know I'd always support United over Everton in a cup final or (very unrealistic) title race.

I personally think the Everton & United players will want to win when they play against City and Liverpool. The difference might be the fans and the atmosphere they generate. I think United's fans will want to win both games because there is a traditional rivalry with both teams. Everton are different. they don't see City as a rival in anyway. So I'd expect the atmosphere against them to be relatively flat. Against us it'll be absolutely electric. That difference in atmosphere could result in a difference in how the players respond.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #2669 on: January 14, 2019, 09:32:11 am »
we started the season well....kept up with city's pace when they took over. they had a blip and we got on top.
one game at a time but fucking hell its hard to handle this level of hype around us right now. can't imagine how klopp/players are doing it.

That's why I think our earlier season resolve cannot be under estimated. No matter how much City tried to pull ahead, we were always only 3 points behind. It got to them and they choked.

Now the same is happening to them but in reverse. If we can keep the distance of 6 points no matter how hard they chase, sooner or later they will drop their shoulders.

Offline demain

• Shambolic
  • Kopite
  • 'à quoi bon ?'
« Reply #2670 on: January 14, 2019, 09:36:27 am »

Oh absolutely, I expect them to falter eventually too. However, this isn't the first time a caretaker manager comes in and takes the hand-break off, which allows a formerly stilted team to be liberated for the short-term. It happened with us when Kenny came in 2011, Chelsea when de Matteo took charge in 2012, and Spurs when Tactics Tim took charge in 2014. It won't be the last time this will happen either. I am actually fairly confident that Woodward would be under too much pressure to appoint Solskjaer at the end of the season, much like FSG were with Kenny, and bottle making the right decision.

Manchester United are making all the classic mistakes that we expected them to make once Ferguson retired. They tried to hire a cut-price Ferguson clone because of his nationality, hired two elite continental types with vastly opposite beliefs on how the game should be played, and are now about to hire an ex-club legend because of misplaced sentimentality about the past. Hell they have called Ferguson back into the fold to hold Solskjaer's hand in case it goes awry. He has even overseen training on a couple of occasions over the last month. I am under no doubt that he'll be brought in to give one of his motivation speeches before our match against them. They will be fired up, no doubt. But if we play well, we should win.
'Sold a couple once.'

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #2671 on: January 14, 2019, 09:39:02 am »

We've very rarely gone to Old Trafford and put up a performance. 2008/09 and 2013/14 seem like the only recent examples. At least post-Houllier.

We pretty much go there and don't perform most games. To a lesser extent, but we seem to have a mental block of going to Old Trafford, a bit like Everton do of Anfield. It's going to be a massive hurdle for us. However, we have a few other games to get through 1st. Continue to put wins on the board and then it doesn't look as imperative that you need to clear every potential hurdle in the fixture list.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 09:49:04 am by Jookie »
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Red_19

• Main Stander
« Reply #2672 on: January 14, 2019, 09:43:38 am »
We've very really gone to Old Trafford and put up a performance. 2008/09 and 2013/14 seem like the only recent examples. At least post-Houllier.

We pretty much go there and don't perform most games. To a lesser extent, but we seem to have a mental block of going to Old Trafford, a bit like Everton do of Anfield. It's going to be a massive hurdle for us. However, we have a few other games to get through 1st. Continue to put wins on the board and then it doesn't look as imperative that you need to clear every potential hurdle in the fixture list.

I think a lot of that is down to the fact that those years you mention apart they’ve always been in the more dominant position of the 2 of us. This time we should go there miles ahead of them on points and miles ahead of them in terms of being able to produce a performance. It’s a huge test but this side has been passing them all season.
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it - Rafa B.

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2673 on: January 14, 2019, 09:49:37 am »
And Solksjaer would probably play them more openly against us as opposed to Mourinho who would try to park the bus. If they think that pushing their wingers up against our fullbacks will be enough to enable them to play an open game against us, they will likely be sorely mistaken.

Offline demain

• Shambolic
  • Kopite
  • 'à quoi bon ?'
« Reply #2674 on: January 14, 2019, 09:50:17 am »
We've very really gone to Old Trafford and put up a performance. 2008/09 and 2013/14 seem like the only recent examples. At least post-Houllier.

Yes, one game at a time. But as fans, we are wont to think too far ahead. Let's just say that if we are still ahead by 4 points or more after that fixture is played, we should be clear favourites for the title.
'Sold a couple once.'

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2675 on: January 14, 2019, 09:52:49 am »
We can afford one more loss anyway - all else equal with City - so it wouldn’t be a disaster to drop points or lose at Old Trafford. I prefer not to think of it now anyway, we’ve got 4 games we should win first, plus the first leg against Bayern before we go there.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2676 on: January 14, 2019, 09:54:06 am »
Just to add to the recent debate a match going United mate of mine says he can’t wait for our game and wants to play the kids against City. I asked him if he’d rather we win the League or City win the Treble and he was slightly less sure.

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2677 on: January 14, 2019, 09:55:35 am »
Last time we played Man United we racked up more shots on goal than we have against any team in the last 12 months. Do people seriously think just because they’ve sacked Mourinho and employed the man that relegated Cardiff that suddenly we need to be worried?

Yes of course it could be a tough game, as can any away game in this division, and yes I’m sure they’d love to put a spanner in the works of our title challenge, but if we play to our level and they play to theirs we win. If Spurs could finish yesterday they’d have gotten fucking murdered and nobody would be in the least bit worried. Give us that many opportunities and they will get fucking murdered.

Christ.

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2678 on: January 14, 2019, 10:02:40 am »
Just to add to the recent debate a match going United mate of mine says he can’t wait for our game and wants to play the kids against City. I asked him if he’d rather we win the League or City win the Treble and he was slightly less sure.

:lmao

How the tables have turned.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2679 on: January 14, 2019, 10:03:08 am »

Anyway, we just need to concentrate on ourselves and take it a game at a time.

Sorry but that is nonsense. I live and work in Manchester and I can guarantee it is City they want to win it not us. Missus is on a local community facebook page and the question was asked, the vote was about 99% City to win it over us.

City are still an irrelevance over here, their biggest game continues to be us. They want to beat us next month because they hate us. They ares till the bigger club, they slaughter City fans over the Emptyhad, they constantly take the piss. City have won fuck all so far, realistically, it will be the mid 2030's before they catch us and them on titles - if they manage to keep the Arab money that long.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA