5 (5.5%)
Yes
4 (4.4%)
Yes
5 (5.5%)
No
23 (25.3%)

Total Members Voted: 91

Author Topic: If you buy the Daily Mail are you pretty much a Far-Right wingnut?  (Read 5241 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: If you buy the Daily Mail are you pretty much a Far-Right wingnut?
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2017, 05:57:56 pm »

Not really but if you're a Far-Right wingnut then you definitely look at the pictures in the Dailyfail.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2017, 10:10:02 am »
I know people who buy the Fail and most don't think about far right or left.

They buy it because it appeals to them without thinking why. They may like the Royal Family or be anti immigration or enjoy the gossip but it's not a political choice as far as they are concerned.

It's also a habit they have slipped into and probably never think what the paper as a whole stands for.

This is true. The vast majority of people buy a newspaper without the slightest thought of politics whatsoever.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2017, 11:26:58 am »
Although I would rather throw my money into the bin than buy this rag, calling people 'far-right wingnuts' for buying a newspaper is part of the problem in this country.  It automatically shuts off communication.

If someone's politics is influenced by it, do your best to give them another option without insulting them.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2017, 11:33:37 am »
Although I would rather throw my money into the bin than buy this rag, calling people 'far-right wingnuts' for buying a newspaper is part of the problem in this country.  It automatically shuts off communication.

If someone's politics is influenced by it, do your best to give them another option without insulting them.
Yeah, I fully agree.

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2017, 02:19:25 pm »
Ha! Good question, and I suppose this survey is the very definition of subjective in any case. Some proper mentalists out there, it would seem.

I know people who think the Guardian is essentially in the same spot as the Mail on the political spectrum. They both serve the right wing capitalist establishment apparently, so any differences are essentially irrelevant.

Read any Mail article about Muslims or something on the website and you'll find comment from people calling the paper a politically correct piece of trash. They genuinely think the Mail is part of a lefty conspiracy.

It's fucking weird.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2017, 02:30:17 pm »
I know people who think the Guardian is essentially in the same spot as the Mail on the political spectrum. They both serve the right wing capitalist establishment apparently, so any differences are essentially irrelevant.

Read any Mail article about Muslims or something on the website and you'll find comment from people calling the paper a politically correct piece of trash. They genuinely think the Mail is part of a lefty conspiracy.

It's fucking weird.
Same here. It's weird, no paper seems to be right wing enough.

Offline Pensby

• Main Stander
  • We all live in a Red and White Pub
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2017, 04:16:41 pm »
For years my Sunday morning thing has been The Observer, however, my guilty secret.... my son knows this, was that I bought The Mail On Sunday too. my reason, it gave me an idea what the tools in the pharmaceutical factory would be talking about on Monday, know your enemy, that is surely the lesson of these last years.
...if I have to explain, then you'll never understand...

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2017, 10:49:27 pm »
25% rawk needs to be culled.

Offline ArthurDooley82

• Box-clever, non-pink, manly man's man. Contact for more details. No bibs! Grrrr :)
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2017, 01:25:18 am »
I regularly target and bin all of the daily mail's in my local shops after winning a few battles in my local Tesco metro, co-op and corner shop to stop selling a certain rag.

Lost count of the arguments I've had when I've seen people buying the mail and the rag. Some people are not educated and can't see the vile mouth pieces for what they are.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2017, 07:39:39 pm »
This is true. The vast majority of people buy a newspaper without the slightest thought of politics whatsoever.

And then they read the politics headlines, and that's what sticks in their mind about politics.

I think the Mail actually targets 'house wives' (in their tiny sexist mindset) with their TV guide, recipes, cruise reports and gossip pages. They buy it, and their husbands read the right-wing politics shite, because the paper is in the house anyway.

There is absolutely no need for scum papers like the Daily Mail, The Daily Express, and, obviously the S*N itself. The political content is horribly opinionated and even if you were a far-right wingnut, so disconnected from actual news that its of little value. And if you're only buying it for the gossip etc content, why not just buy a dedicated magazine?
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2017, 07:55:00 pm »
And then they read the politics headlines, and that's what sticks in their mind about politics.

Loads don't even read about politics at all, got no interest whatsoever. Like when there's an election loads of people haven't got a clue what they're voting for or why.
Amazes me that people don't recognise this.

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2017, 01:30:47 pm »
Seems to mostly be toxic bile about immigrants and what the Kardashians are up to. Easily digestible, nice pretty pictures and big letters. Of the traditional newspapers I think Mail Online is the most visited  site in the world? Certainly their showbiz section is hugely popular. I do have a morbid fascination with the comments sections on some articles, showing the top rated at the top, always so much hatred and anger. Its funny watching how the Guardian reports something and then how the Daily Mail writes it. For example the article about Grenfell survivors being re-housed in the posh apartment block. You can imagine the response that got from Mail readers...
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017