Author Topic: Loan Watch 2018-2019  (Read 181407 times)

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Loan Watch 2018-2019
« Reply #560 on: December 13, 2018, 05:45:35 pm »
Few rumours doing the rounds that Ejaria's loan spell at Rangers has turned sour. It's a shame as at one point he was doing really well for them.

Ovie Ejaria: Has on-loan Liverpool midfielder had his Rangers deal cut short?

Ovie Ejaria has deleted his Twitter page, unfollowed Rangers on Instagram and has scrubbed any reference to the Ibrox side from his profile amid rumours he has had his loan cut short and returned to parent club Liverpool. The 21-year-old still follows Gers boss Steven Gerrard on Instagram, along with Light Blues players Glenn Middleton, Ryan Kent and Umar Sadiq.

However, rumours are circulating on social media that the midfielder has had his season-long loan deal cancelled and is on his way back to Anfield.

Ejaria’s apparent omission from the Rangers squad that travelled to Austria to face Rapid Wien in tonight’s Europa League group match has stoked those rumours.

He has scored twice in 27 games for the Ibrox side.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/rangers/ovie-ejaria-has-on-loan-liverpool-midfielder-had-his-rangers-deal-cut-short-1-4843678

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #561 on: December 13, 2018, 05:56:12 pm »
Few rumours doing the rounds that Ejaria's loan spell at Rangers has turned sour. It's a shame as at one point he was doing really well for them.

Suspect on field is fine

Likely fed up of the abuse he gets

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #562 on: December 13, 2018, 05:57:24 pm »

He was getting some ridiculous abuse on social media from Rangers "fans" at the weekend, unfairly IMO given he's been one of their better and more consistent performers this season.

Offline seal75

• Kopite
« Reply #563 on: December 13, 2018, 05:59:48 pm »
He was getting some ridiculous abuse on social media from Rangers "fans" at the weekend, unfairly IMO given he's been one of their better and more consistent performers this season.
If he can't stand the abuse then, for his own sanity, he should stay away from professional football.
"Ni pour, ni contre. Bien au contraire!", Coluche.

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #564 on: December 13, 2018, 06:02:25 pm »
If he can't stand the abuse then, for his own sanity, he should stay away from professional football.

alot of it is nothing to do with football sadly - there is a lot of religious nonsense thrown his way.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #565 on: December 13, 2018, 06:04:12 pm »

Bit of a stupid thing to say in light of recent events.

Offline lemons

• Main Stander
« Reply #566 on: December 13, 2018, 06:06:48 pm »
Rangers fans - absolute lowest of the low. The sooner we get those players and Gerrard out of there the better. Horrible club.

Offline seal75

• Kopite
« Reply #567 on: December 13, 2018, 06:10:11 pm »
Bit of a stupid thing to say in light of recent events.
What stupid thing? He's a professionnal footballer, what does he expect ?
If he is too weak mentally to ignore the abuse thrown at him, that doesn't bode well for his future in the game.
At least he has deleted his twitter account; that's a good step in the right direction.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #568 on: December 13, 2018, 06:15:19 pm »
What stupid thing? He's a professionnal footballer, what does he expect ?
If he is too weak mentally to ignore the abuse thrown at him, that doesn't bode well for his future in the game.
At least he has deleted his twitter account; that's a good step in the right direction.

That because he's a professional footballer, he should just accept getting barraged with disgusting personal abuse by idiots behind a keyboard or at the side of a pitch.

Saying he's mentally weak because he might have had enough of that is also pretty stupid.

Offline seal75

• Kopite
« Reply #569 on: December 13, 2018, 06:26:23 pm »
That because he's a professional footballer, he should just accept getting barraged with disgusting personal abuse by idiots behind a keyboard or at the side of a pitch.

Saying he's mentally weak because he might have had enough of that is also pretty stupid.
Please, stop acting like an idiot who doesn't understand anything of what is being said.

Getting abused is the part and parcel in the life of a professional footballer. If you can't deal with it get away from it.
He isn't the first nor the last one there who will get abused on social media. How are all the other pros dealing and not him ?
It seems you are the one feeling more agrieved here  ;D

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #570 on: December 13, 2018, 06:26:38 pm »
Yep Sterling really is mentally weak, look at the big deal he made out of a bit of abuse from fans behind the goal and a few newspaper headlines. He’ll never make it at the highest level with this weak mentality 🙄
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #571 on: December 13, 2018, 06:27:26 pm »
Please, stop acting like an idiot who doesn't understand anything of what is being said.

Getting abused is the part and parcel in the life of a professional footballer. If you can't deal with it get away from it.
He isn't the first nor the last one there who will get abused on social media. How are all the other pros dealing and not him ?
It seems you are the one feeling more agrieved here  ;D

I hope someone has told Raheem Sterling that.

I understand perfectly what you're saying : a player who might take issue with unwarranted personal abuse that is completely unrelated to football is mentally weak. 

Offline seal75

• Kopite
« Reply #572 on: December 13, 2018, 06:28:32 pm »
I hope someone has told Raheem Sterling that.
He's dealing fine

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #573 on: December 13, 2018, 06:31:35 pm »
He's dealing fine

He wasn't in 2016 if you believe Gary Neville.

Might be time for more people to start listening and taking note of these players rather than questioning their mentality.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #574 on: December 13, 2018, 06:37:51 pm »
I can sort of understand seal75's point if the abuse was purely about his performances, although even then people on social media tend to go too far and, in a perfect world, no one would ever receive anything beyond mild, constructive criticism.

This is not a perfect world though, and knowing what some Rangers fans are like I can well imagine that the abuse had a certain racial bent, which no one should ever have to suffer, and if so he has every right to take issus with it. Anyone know what was said about/to the lad by the various online cretins?

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #575 on: December 13, 2018, 08:01:42 pm »
Abusing someone cos they're the oppo is one thing (e.g. fuck off yer bad manc twat!) - not big, not clever, but yeah probably part and parcel of the game like.......

Abusing someone solely based on their skin colour isn't acceptable under ANY circumstances.

seal75 - draw a clear distinction between the two will you? If Sterling was "doing fine", this wouldn't be national news.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #576 on: December 13, 2018, 08:29:13 pm »
Ovie has done good in some games but doesn’t seem to have much consistency, when you expect him to push on he goes backwards. If they can send him back here and get Davis in I think they’ll be far better off. Not sure what happens with him here if he does come back, a loan to a nearby lower league team maybe.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #577 on: December 13, 2018, 09:04:21 pm »
I don’t see the point of sending our promising youngsters to the Scottish Premier League for a football education. The football is extremely primitive and looks more like Sunday League stuff than the sport we love and enjoy. It’s a kiss of death to anyone who goes up there. I’d get Kent back too before some defender takes exception to a step over and breaks his leg.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline daggerdoo

• Kopite
« Reply #578 on: December 13, 2018, 11:10:25 pm »
I don’t see the point of sending our promising youngsters to the Scottish Premier League for a football education. The football is extremely primitive and looks more like Sunday League stuff than the sport we love and enjoy. It’s a kiss of death to anyone who goes up there. I’d get Kent back too before some defender takes exception to a step over and breaks his leg.
Dirty, red haired scots, all of them.

Offline 18 yard line

• Anny Roader
  • Northern Ireland Red!
« Reply #579 on: December 13, 2018, 11:35:54 pm »
Rangers fans - absolute lowest of the low. The sooner we get those players and Gerrard out of there the better. Horrible club.

Gerrard is well equipped and shrewd enough to make those decisions for himself and his players.  Rangers are a huge club with many great fans and their fair share of tossers - just like any other club. 
Northern Ireland Red!

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #580 on: December 14, 2018, 12:01:56 am »
Dirty, red haired scots, all of them.

Actually the red haired guys - Strachan, Jinky, Archibald - were the skilful fellas. I suppose they had to be.

But that type of footy is long dead in Scotland. If you're any good at the game now you end up packing supermarket shelves.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Gerswatch

• Main Stander
« Reply #581 on: December 15, 2018, 01:55:51 pm »
Hi folks

Rangers fans here who's happy to give updates on the loan players we have. Hope that's okay with the mods here (if it helps I've been down to Anfield way back in the day to watch Liverpool :)  ).

Re Ejaria, the 2 rumours are that he either hasn't settled up here or that he's not happy with the physicality of the game. Personally I think he's been poor for a while now after a reasonable start. He sort of plays as an attacking midfielder but his return in terms of assists and goals has been poor. The home crowd at Ibrox isn't the most patient in the world and tends to let the players know when things aren't going well so I don't know if this has had an impact on him.

Finally, I'd like to refute the idea that this is down to racism or religion, that's ridiculous and I have never heard anything like that directed at him at the games.

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #582 on: December 15, 2018, 02:45:37 pm »
Hi folks

Rangers fans here who's happy to give updates on the loan players we have. Hope that's okay with the mods here (if it helps I've been down to Anfield way back in the day to watch Liverpool :)  ).

Re Ejaria, the 2 rumours are that he either hasn't settled up here or that he's not happy with the physicality of the game. Personally I think he's been poor for a while now after a reasonable start. He sort of plays as an attacking midfielder but his return in terms of assists and goals has been poor. The home crowd at Ibrox isn't the most patient in the world and tends to let the players know when things aren't going well so I don't know if this has had an impact on him.

Finally, I'd like to refute the idea that this is down to racism or religion, that's ridiculous and I have never heard anything like that directed at him at the games.

Fair play coming on and welcome

It may not be directed to him at the match but online it was certainly aimed at him hence why he’s deleted Twitter

Shame as he’s a young lad making his way in the game. Hopefully he’ll come back and we can find him another club

Offline Gerswatch

• Main Stander
« Reply #583 on: December 15, 2018, 02:56:51 pm »
I don't really follow much on twitter as it tends to be a sewer that is full of idiots, whether it be football related, political etc. As a season ticket holder though I've definitely heard nothing like that in the ground being shouted at him.

Anyway, re Ejaria I don't think he has it unfortunately. He'll definitely never make it to Liverpool's first team so it's just a case of where he goes to make a career of it now.

I definitely like the look of Kent though despite being concerned about his record before he came to us. He seems to have grown in confidence and become an important player for us but unfortunately he's been injured lately. Again, he'll not be good enough for Liverpool's first team imo but I'd happily take him permanently at Ibrox if the option is there.

There are rumours about Solanke coming here in January, has anyone heard anything down there about it?

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #584 on: December 15, 2018, 02:59:18 pm »
I don't really follow much on twitter as it tends to be a sewer that is full of idiots, whether it be football related, political etc. As a season ticket holder though I've definitely heard nothing like that in the ground being shouted at him.

Anyway, re Ejaria I don't think he has it unfortunately. He'll definitely never make it to Liverpool's first team so it's just a case of where he goes to make a career of it now.

I definitely like the look of Kent though despite being concerned about his record before he came to us. He seems to have grown in confidence and become an important player for us but unfortunately he's been injured lately. Again, he'll not be good enough for Liverpool's first team imo but I'd happily take him permanently at Ibrox if the option is there.

There are rumours about Solanke coming here in January, has anyone heard anything down there about it?

I really, really doubt there is anything in that as he doesn't stand to gain anything substantial from playing in the SPL.

There will be PL clubs interested in Solanke, if we do loan him out, Rangers shouldn't be in the equation for him.

Offline Gerswatch

• Main Stander
« Reply #585 on: December 15, 2018, 03:02:23 pm »
I really, really doubt there is anything in that as he doesn't stand to gain anything substantial from playing in the SPL.

There will be PL clubs interested in Solanke, if we do loan him out, Rangers shouldn't be in the equation for him.

Yeah I'd expect him to go to a PL club if that option was there. If it wasn't I'd like to think we'd be considered. Scottish football is poor but there are certain things a young player can larn up here that they may not get at, for example, a mid table Championship side.

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #586 on: December 15, 2018, 03:06:52 pm »
I don't think there's any chance that Rangers could afford Kent, the only way I could see a permanent deal being sorted for him, would be with a really hefty sell on clause.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #587 on: December 15, 2018, 03:10:27 pm »
Yeah I'd expect him to go to a PL club if that option was there. If it wasn't I'd like to think we'd be considered. Scottish football is poor but there are certain things a young player can larn up here that they may not get at, for example, a mid table Championship side.

I don't think Rangers would be considered for a player of Solanke's potential. 

He'd get playing time in Scotland but that's about it; if we want to develop and improve him, it's not the right move.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #588 on: December 15, 2018, 03:12:41 pm »
After whats happening with Ejaria, its hard to think we'll send any players who we actually think could be first team players for us up there.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Gerswatch

• Main Stander
« Reply #589 on: December 15, 2018, 03:14:23 pm »
After whats happening with Ejaria, its hard to think we'll send any players who we actually think could be first team players for us up there.

What's happening with Ejaria? I honestly don't know other than the two rumours there seems to be up here.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #590 on: December 15, 2018, 03:22:27 pm »
What's happening with Ejaria? I honestly don't know other than the two rumours there seems to be up here.

Well he's clearly taken stick, to some degree, from your own fans. I cant imagine we'd be keen to put someone like Wilson, Solanke or Jones up there.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Gerswatch

• Main Stander
« Reply #591 on: December 15, 2018, 03:33:42 pm »
Well he's clearly taken stick, to some degree, from your own fans. I cant imagine we'd be keen to put someone like Wilson, Solanke or Jones up there.

Not sure it is that clear. As I say, at the games I don't hear him getting anything worse thant anyone else. And that tends to be groans at a misplaced pass or shouts to play the ball forward rather than from side to side accross the front of a packed defence. But everyone gets that. Gerrard seems to be saying he's a quiet who misses his friends and family.

No matter what happens I wish the lad well and that seems to be in line with the views of a Rangers forum I post on.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #592 on: December 15, 2018, 03:40:29 pm »
Not sure it is that clear. As I say, at the games I don't hear him getting anything worse thant anyone else. And that tends to be groans at a misplaced pass or shouts to play the ball forward rather than from side to side accross the front of a packed defence. But everyone gets that. Gerrard seems to be saying he's a quiet who misses his friends and family.

No matter what happens I wish the lad well and that seems to be in line with the views of a Rangers forum I post on.

People have come across the abuse he was receiving online, hence why he deleted his twitter. This has been explained to you a few times.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #593 on: December 15, 2018, 03:48:43 pm »
People have come across the abuse he was receiving online, hence why he deleted his twitter. This has been explained to you a few times.

Spot on

Page one of this thread as it goes shows it

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=340613.0

That was appearance one for the club and it only got worse from there

Offline Gerswatch

• Main Stander
« Reply #594 on: December 15, 2018, 04:10:06 pm »
Spot on

Page one of this thread as it goes shows it

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=340613.0

That was appearance one for the club and it only got worse from there

There's always going to be some idiots around and Twitter especially seems to attract them. Wouldn't be surprised if they've never been to a game (at any level) in their lives. In fact I hope they haven't

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #595 on: December 15, 2018, 04:15:27 pm »
Klopp had praise for Harry Wilson when asked in his ManU press conference. Mentioned how he thought the loan was the right move for him.
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #596 on: December 15, 2018, 04:18:37 pm »
Klopp had praise for Harry Wilson when asked in his ManU press conference. Mentioned how he thought the loan was the right move for him.

Big derby match v forest Monday - presume he’ll start

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #597 on: December 15, 2018, 04:46:59 pm »

Players in our first team take stick from our fans! The football is the SPL isn't going to help our loan players much but a season playing infront of 50000 demanding fans and being in a pressure cooker environment might help them develop the thick skin.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #598 on: December 15, 2018, 04:49:50 pm »
Players in our first team take stick from our fans! The football is the SPL isn't going to help our loan players much but a season playing infront of 50000 demanding fans and being in a pressure cooker environment might help them develop the thick skin.

Playing a higher standard of football than the SPL would be much, much more beneficial.

There is nothing to be gained from sending a player we have genuine hopes for to Scotland.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #599 on: December 15, 2018, 05:04:11 pm »
Rangers have confirmed that Ejaria's loan has been terminated in any case, he's coming back to Liverpool immediately.

They've said in their statement that he didn't settle in Scotland.