Author Topic: Real Madrid (A)  (Read 122083 times)

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Real Madrid (A)
« Reply #80 on: December 20, 2008, 04:34:15 pm »
we're staying in the Praga which i believe is right by the Atletico ground

anyone else staying there?
at least 6 of us staying there mate,4 arriving on the monday,few more on the tuesday,stayed there for the atletico game,good hotel,loads of bars+tapas along the road to the vincente,plus a few don't shut till about 3 in the morning,so should be ok after the match,think the bernabau is about 3 stops on the metro,if its any different sure some of our lot will correct me......

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #81 on: December 20, 2008, 04:38:26 pm »
at least 6 of us staying there mate,4 arriving on the monday,few more on the tuesday,stayed there for the atletico game,good hotel,loads of bars+tapas along the road to the vincente,plus a few don't shut till about 3 in the morning,so should be ok after the match,think the bernabau is about 3 stops on the metro,if its any different sure some of our lot will correct me......

great stuff - we'll let you direct us then as you know what the score is around the area!

Wasn't sure what the Praga was like looking at where it was located but sounds good now

Offline rhylred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: December 20, 2008, 04:42:42 pm »
great stuff - we'll let you direct us then as you know what the score is around the area!

Wasn't sure what the Praga was like looking at where it was located but sounds good now
about a 5 minute walk to the vincente,so the atmosphere should be rocking on the tuesday nite as well....

Offline LONGWORTH

• Kopite
« Reply #83 on: December 20, 2008, 05:24:24 pm »
Have come down to accepting the Praga as we will be in the middle of it  all with the Porto mob staying in the hotel. The underground journey is about ten stops  from the Bernebau.
Reckon we ought to have a little aperetif in the Red Bar on Tuesday night - Hope people are on for the Porto v Atletico match. The problem is that it is two months away and i am getting jipped up about it already. I am pathetic :-[

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #84 on: December 20, 2008, 05:26:59 pm »
This is going to be like Barca again - judging by some posts on here. Think I might give rawk a miss for a while - Whopper-mania is back! ::)

Good job some of us regulars have been before and know where to go to avoid them! ;)
We are a team of one half.

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: December 20, 2008, 06:30:21 pm »
This is going to be like Barca again - judging by some posts on here. Think I might give rawk a miss for a while - Whopper-mania is back! ::)

Good job some of us regulars have been before and know where to go to avoid them! ;)

Alright for some who have managed to get themselves sorted before for a game in Madrid - those ofus who will be going for the forst time - we promise not to show you up

::)

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: December 20, 2008, 06:41:08 pm »
Alright for some who have managed to get themselves sorted before for a game in Madrid - those ofus who will be going for the forst time - we promise not to show you up

::)
Take no fucking notice Lad. Makes me sick this malarkey. In fact, I don't know who makes me most sick.... The great Guru of the travelling kop or you for appologising to it.

I've been going to Anfield since the mid 60's. I've been going on Euro aways since the early 70's. I still see the disapproving looks from the great and wise of the Kop. Fuck them. Do what the fuck you want over there. You are paying for it. You are representeting no c*nt but yourself. Have a good time and leave them to sit there acting cool, comparing trainees and tutting tutting at people for actually having a laugh.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline LONGWORTH

• Kopite
« Reply #87 on: December 20, 2008, 06:45:06 pm »
Completely agree with your sentiments Dudley- this underground map might be handy-
the Praga is fairly close to the Mardues de Vadilo stop- green line - bottom left

Offline Mike Doyle

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: December 20, 2008, 06:45:44 pm »
Take no fucking notice Lad. Makes me sick this malarkey. In fact, I don't know who makes me most sick.... The great Guru of the travelling kop or you for appologising to it.

I've been going to Anfield since the mid 60's. I've been going on Euro aways since the early 70's. I still see the disapproving looks from the great and wise of the Kop. Fuck them. Do what the fuck you want over there. You are paying for it. You are representeting no c*nt but yourself. Have a good time and leave them to sit there acting cool, comparing trainees and tutting tutting at people for actually having a laugh.

Very well said, I'm only just about able to afford one a season at most & this is the game I've wanted to go to since the day I was born. I've paid for it, I intend to enjoy myself even if I'm not a regular.

One thing I'm thinking, is it likely where you'll be able to get home end tickets easily like at Barca 2 years ago ?

Offline guest

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: December 20, 2008, 07:10:15 pm »
Won't be as good as Porto, Atletico or Anderlecht. Fact.

Offline Taylor_LFC

• Whopper who didn't make it to Porto
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS
« Reply #90 on: December 20, 2008, 07:16:49 pm »
Won't be as good as Porto, Atletico or Anderlecht. Fact.

I can see it being like Barcelona. :(

Offline Joshytoohotty

• Potty Mouth
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: December 20, 2008, 07:36:03 pm »
Can't wait, another amazing European ground to be ticked off the list.

I never went to Barca but I'm guessing that people are referring to whoppers infiltrating the joint. It shouldn't be as bad this year with 3,500 tickets rather than over 5,000 that Barca gave us.
They only drink water and bottles of coke, the Everton boys are a joke...

Offline rhylred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: December 20, 2008, 07:42:12 pm »
hope it is like barca,been doin european trips since 77 + had a brilliant time over there,maybe it was we only went to the ramblas for half + hour,that was enough,stayed by the marina,celebrated the result till 5 in the morning in a bar run by a lad from huyton,each trip is what you make of it,will be made up if were celebrating a 2-1 win in madrid.....

Offline harrytrow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: December 20, 2008, 08:06:10 pm »
Very well said, I'm only just about able to afford one a season at most & this is the game I've wanted to go to since the day I was born. I've paid for it, I intend to enjoy myself even if I'm not a regular.

One thing I'm thinking, is it likely where you'll be able to get home end tickets easily like at Barca 2 years ago ?
Absolutely.
I been supporting since 1960 (attending) I'd never been inside a stadium for a euro away and in spite of being in Barca to play for the supporters and being in Madrid for the same, I still wopuldn't had it not been for the generous gift of a ticket by an atleti fan.
(I could never afford the game but that has never stopped me going)
I'll be going over for this game with no ticket as well and won't be looking for one as long ass I get a game of footie with the oppo lot and have a good craic with them.
I f that makes me a whopper then so be it.Fuck the lot of them cos amongst that6 lot who think theyre cool theres a whole bunch who are extremely embarrasssing.
How come pointed questions recieve blunt answers

Offline guest

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: December 20, 2008, 08:10:13 pm »
hope it is like barca,been doin european trips since 77 + had a brilliant time over there,maybe it was we only went to the ramblas for half + hour,that was enough,stayed by the marina,celebrated the result till 5 in the morning in a bar run by a lad from huyton,each trip is what you make of it,will be made up if were celebrating a 2-1 win in madrid.....

Completely agree with what you say. If you don't like the part-timers or tourist fans, then you don't have to deal with them. Against Atletico, there was eleven of us. Bar bumping into a few of the lads and lasses we know and having a session with the Atleti fans, we spent three days together and had a fantastic time. Couldn't tell you what the other 3,000 Reds were like because we bevvied with the Atleti fans miles away from the square.

I'm not a fan of the squares myself anymore, think it's much better going around, finding a boss, cultural boozer (isn't that a juxtaposition?) and having a good bevvy and chat there whilst sampling the local delicacies. But each to their own - you know what you like, so do it.

Offline Mike Doyle

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: December 20, 2008, 08:16:17 pm »
Absolutely.
I been supporting since 1960 (attending) I'd never been inside a stadium for a euro away and in spite of being in Barca to play for the supporters and being in Madrid for the same, I still wopuldn't had it not been for the generous gift of a ticket by an atleti fan.
I'll be going over for this game with no ticket as well and won't be looking for one as long ass I get a game of footie with the oppo lot and have a good craic with them.
I f that makes me a whopper then so be it.Fuck the lot of them cos amongst that6 lot who think theyre cool theres a whole bunch who are extremely embarrasssing.

I'm thinking about playing in a supporters match too. What's the crack with them, how are they organised and how can you register to play ?

Offline rhylred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: December 20, 2008, 08:19:06 pm »
Absolutely.

hope your in the red corner harry,will have a few bevvies + talk about big ron yeats accidently clattering you from that corner at the tower ground!!!!

Offline harrytrow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: December 20, 2008, 08:37:24 pm »
Yeah - how you doing.
Will be in the red corner at some point no doubt will also be in the Nachos bar prior to Atletis match too. All depends whats happening game wise for us.
Must tie up at some point eh?

Offline harrytrow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: December 20, 2008, 08:39:03 pm »
I'm thinking about playing in a supporters match too. What's the crack with them, how are they organised and how can you register to play ?
Keep logged onto the other thread and if you can play put your name down when details are finalised. Everyone gets a game and it is for the spirit of the game and the friendship between supporters. Thats the only priority as well as getting rat arsed after

Offline rhylred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: December 20, 2008, 08:50:06 pm »
Yeah - how you doing.
Will be in the red corner at some point no doubt will also be in the Nachos bar prior to Atletis match too. All depends whats happening game wise for us.
Must tie up at some point eh?

arriving on the monday afternoon,so will keep an eye on nige's thread when the match is gonna be played.....is the natchos bar near the vincente?

Offline matchball

• Kopite
« Reply #100 on: December 20, 2008, 09:11:28 pm »
Thoroughly enjoyed Madrid last time, including the Red Corner. The hospitality of the Atletico supporters was terrific. Both my lad loved playing in the supporters match. Met up with the legend Harry Trow at the supporters match and in the stadium.

All to their own, be it enjoying the hospitality with the locals or in the squares or Irish bars with many other red supporters.

Offline guest

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: December 20, 2008, 09:15:18 pm »
Keep logged onto the other thread and if you can play put your name down when details are finalised. Everyone gets a game and it is for the spirit of the game and the friendship between supporters. Thats the only priority as well as getting rat arsed after

When you arriving Harry? A repeat of last time would be ace, would it not?   ;D

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: December 20, 2008, 09:38:27 pm »
Completely agree with your sentiments Dudley- this underground map might be handy-
the Praga is fairly close to the Mardues de Vadilo stop- green line - bottom left

cheers for this - will have a proper look at it over the next few days

Am looking forward to this regardkess of what people say - will be looking for some of the more local bars rather than the squares with the masses - all being wll will be a great few days with a few drinks and great atmosphere in the city with 4 sets of fans

Offline Sport Billy

• Not bad at most sports but not great at any!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • The Second Coming!
« Reply #103 on: December 20, 2008, 09:43:34 pm »

And you can all sit there playing RAWK top trumps  ;)
We all Dream of a Can of CaraPils!

Offline Sport Billy

• Not bad at most sports but not great at any!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • The Second Coming!
« Reply #104 on: December 20, 2008, 09:48:38 pm »
At last some sense!!!!!!!!!!! If you can see the so called whoppers then your obviously there watching them. Stop looking for an atmosphere to be created for you and go and make your own. Barca was a top trip and was only spoilt by the 10 mins that we had the misfortune of walking into that square off the Ramblas. Madrid has numerous squares, bars and parks, so go and enjoy.
We all Dream of a Can of CaraPils!

Offline harrytrow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: December 20, 2008, 09:56:53 pm »
When you arriving Harry? A repeat of last time would be ace, would it not?   ;D
arriving 7 am tues on the midnight bus from alicante
Looking forward to this more than ever meeting up with our own and theirs on both sides of the fence

Offline harrytrow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: December 20, 2008, 09:58:13 pm »
arriving on the monday afternoon,so will keep an eye on nige's thread when the match is gonna be played.....is the natchos bar near the vincente?
You can see it from the bar across the main road that runs underneath. I'll see if I can find it on the map for yous

Offline rhylred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: December 20, 2008, 10:05:19 pm »
You can see it from the bar across the main road that runs underneath. I'll see if I can find it on the map for yous
cheers harry,will have a recky on the monday nite....

Offline LONGWORTH

• Kopite
« Reply #108 on: December 20, 2008, 10:19:34 pm »
This is the road that goes undernath the Calderon ;)

Offline harrytrow

• Legacy Fan

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #110 on: December 20, 2008, 10:53:06 pm »
Booking for this today - two day flying visit.

Just hope I get tickets
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline AJ

• a.k.a. Billy Two-Threads. Property of RAWK – soon to be raffled - has as much chance of becoming a mod as David Moyes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: December 21, 2008, 12:01:40 am »
It fucking won't be, no c*nt is having my ticket this time.

Offline -Sad Fuck-

• ... is rather queer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tiny dancer
« Reply #112 on: December 21, 2008, 02:51:32 am »
It fucking won't be, no c*nt is having my ticket this time.

Fucking will be (The result anyway).
hi

Offline dannymc

• Wannabee RAWK dogger
  • Legacy Fan
  • Any spares
« Reply #113 on: December 21, 2008, 04:40:08 am »
But we don't have Bellamy and Riise anymore  ???
If he scores more goals than Torres this season ill change me name to Carol.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: December 21, 2008, 07:45:48 am »

Don't know lad. But I tell you what.... get in touch nearer the time and - just cos it's your first one like - I'll try and sort you a ticket. Not promising anything, but if there's anything going between me mates, I'll try and grab it for you.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #115 on: December 21, 2008, 10:56:18 am »
Don't know lad. But I tell you what.... get in touch nearer the time and - just cos it's your first one like - I'll try and sort you a ticket. Not promising anything, but if there's anything going between me mates, I'll try and grab it for you.

Nice touch FS.

So excited about this one - doubt I will qualify (only 2 on FC's) so all about a bit of luck like previous aways.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline guest

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: December 21, 2008, 12:37:57 pm »
So excited about this one - doubt I will qualify (only 2 on FC's) so all about a bit of luck like previous aways.

It'll be sound I reckon with two and proof of travel, can't see problems myself, especially if they sell them at the window.

Offline neilt

• Main Stander
  • We all dream of a team of Carraghers...
    • MADrid REDS - Official LFC Branch in Madrid
« Reply #117 on: December 21, 2008, 12:52:29 pm »
Thanks for all the advice, roughly how much would the taxi be between the stadium and the airport in Madrid? 

There are some taxi drivers in Madrid scamming tourists, but not too many.

During the day, about €20-25 total, at night about 30-35 (they will add 5 to the meter price for having picked you up from the airport -  but there is NO EXTRA CHARGE for luggage). If it is more than this, INSIST that they give you a receipt "recibo" and check they haven't tried to trash the hole-punched serial number in the top right corner (like they did to my mates parents who were charged 55!!!!) and then let me know -  we'll get them traced and get a refund. If they refuse to give you a receipt, throw €30 at them and tell them "Cabron!" (Son of a B/Big goat (stronger than it sounds)).

Also watch out for pickpockets on the metro, especially anyone with a coat/jumper draped over their arm. I am always on the look out for these people, but some old guy doing this took some worthless stuff out of one of my pockets on the way back into town from the Atlético game, which I found on the floor of the metro a few stops down the line.

Apart from these scams, there is very little violent crime in Madrid at least - and no-one is going to try anything on with LFC fans (who they STILL think have a hooligan reputation if provoked, despite our angelic behaviour at the Atlético game.)

www.MADridREDS.com
Nunca caminarás solo

Offline Asha D

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: December 21, 2008, 01:46:40 pm »
Gonna have to pay out the ass and go for a thomas cook package!! as there aint no other way of me getting a ticket :(

Offline maloneavic

• Anny Roader
« Reply #119 on: December 21, 2008, 02:35:35 pm »
just got the letter in the post telling me i qualify for a match ticket for the knockout stages and to go with TC package tours, anyone else get this?