Author Topic: The Decisions, Decisions Draft - Derby Day Edition - Discussion & Sign Up Thread  (Read 23654 times)

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
The problem with that as I understand it, is that once the group (5 each side) is closed out --- for any particular derby then there will be a few teams who would have to breach the rule of 10 players max from each derby?   And are we going to ask those bravehearts who drafted from Spartak-Dynamo once that now they are obligated to go to that derby twice?   It will make for more hovering over the favorite derbies.

Just an opinion. 

We have twelve with Jsteve and Gerry!

Okay fair enough. We’ll stick with it as it is.

Would have been fine for numbers though as it would just mean if you chose a Liverpool player you’d have to chose an Everton and vice versa so as soon as 5 different people had chosen from a derby it’d be closed of to just them. So each team would only pick from 5 derbies. Most people would probably have two great derbies, two mediocre and one low end chosen from. So someone having to chose from the Moscow derby wouldn’t be too much of an issue as some would chose from the Belgrade and so on.

You’d also have to have one person who’d played for both sides to make up your numbers. Which we could name a rule anyway?
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
Comfortable either way.   

I guess this means when five teams pick the following (i.e. 3 LFC and 2 Everton -- that the entire derby is closed out to new drafters).  This could happen right away before anyone has had a chance to draft btw. 

Could you list all of the possible derbies again, if you decide to make the derby selection to include both teams from that derby.

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
I’ve set up the selection thread.

Only rule I’ve added is: One player must have played for both sides in a derby
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
Draft Order as created on random.org is:

FlashGordon
Tubby
Sheer
Lastador
Gerry
Trend
XabiArt
Defacto
JSteve
Titi
PoetryInMotion
Mikey_LFC

Fucks sake  :butt

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Haven't been paying attention but I'm still in, time to read up on the rules.  Has anyone PM'd Flash?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Haven't been paying attention but I'm still in, time to read up on the rules.  Has anyone PM'd Flash?

No, want me to do it.  Or would you like to?
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Dropped him a PM.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
I'm confused about this rule.

"At least one player on your team must have played for both sides in a derby"

You mean played for both sides of same derby? That's a bit ... naughty?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'm confused about this rule.

"At least one player on your team must have played for both sides in a derby"

You mean played for both sides of same derby? That's a bit ... naughty?

Naughty is right, traitor-heretic-wickedness putting on the colors of the derby opponent.  Some derbies are more tolerant than others.

Are we there yet?
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
Naughty is right, traitor-heretic-wickedness putting on the colors of the derby opponent.  Some derbies are more tolerant than others.

Are we there yet?

Yep should be good to go.

We can call it the Abel Xavier rule.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
For the first round we’ll give people their two hours and time for them to login and out, so they see we’ve kicked off

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
I'll give Flash till 3pm, then I'll pick.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'll give Flash till 3pm, then I'll pick.

Or we all could vote on giving Flash his first pick ----  someone from Moscow Spartak or a GK Bodo Illner out of respect for PoP. 

When you are late to a Mikey Draft, there are consequences and repercussions

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
I've picked and PM'd Sheer.  Let's go.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
Sorry lads I was out of the house for the last 24 hours and away from civilisation. Am I ok to just pick away?
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Sorry lads I was out of the house for the last 24 hours and away from civilisation. Am I ok to just pick away?

Have at it mate!
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
I’m going to put the number of picks by the teams on the first page of the selection thread so people don’t lose count

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
Mention when you hit one of the rules, I.e. Ronaldo played for both sides in a Milan derby!

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Mention when you hit one of the rules, I.e. Ronaldo played for both sides in a Milan derby!

Didn't know you had to declare that from the off, but yep, Ronaldo is a great pick because of that.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Edit - just read it. Always got a shit order in the draft  :'(
« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 04:45:20 pm by deFacto »

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
No sign of Sheer or Lastrador -- both were here early.   Might have a wait.

a little under an hour left for Sheer before Lastrador is on the clock.   Gerry is waiting in the wings.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

He's Denis Law, as Alan Partridge would say.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Getting close to time for Sheer Mag.   Next up is Lastrador.

And then Gerry.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 06:54:17 pm by The Piss-artist Formerly Known As Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Getting close to time for Sheer Mag.   Next up is Lastrador.

And then Gerry.

Gerry is up.   And Sheer Mag picks when he can (hopefully before me). 

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Always wanted to draft Garrincha. Now seems as good a time as any.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
Always wanted to draft Garrincha. Now seems as good a time as any.

Good pick. Didn’t notice he’d played for them. Only 15 times mind you so whether he played in the derby is hard to tell. We did want to make sure people had played in the derby, do we know that he did?

No worries, found a book listing his games. Played in the derby on 13th Feb 1969 and won 2-0!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 07:55:06 pm by mikey_LFC »

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
Ah, haven’t had time to browse through the rules. Can’t be arsed so I’ll change him ;D

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
Ah, haven’t had time to browse through the rules. Can’t be arsed so I’ll change him ;D

No need I found out he played.

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96

When was that? I did some research out of intrigue and couldn't find anything.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan

So I can have him back? ;D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garrincha - still looking for the 5 game opponents he played against
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
So I can have him back? ;D

You can indeed!

When was that? I did some research out of intrigue and couldn't find anything.

Just googled “Garrincha fluminense flamengo” A book listing came up called “Garrincha: The triumph and tragedy of Brazil’s Forgotten footballing hero”. On page 397 it lists his games at Flamengo including a game against Fluminense.

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=DZDEnSYRYDsC&pg=PA396&lpg=PA396&dq=garrincha+flamengo+fluminense&source=bl&ots=DEHg6Z6rva&sig=ACfU3U0YghobSfj3H2eAqTQnogdRzFwT8A&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwit4PX0xpvhAhXdQxUIHYC_CUoQ6AEwE3oECAoQAQ#v=onepage&q=garrincha%20flamengo%20fluminense&f=false

Link if people want
« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 08:03:41 pm by mikey_LFC »

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
That’s impressive research. Thankyou, sir.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
You can indeed!

Just googled “Garrincha fluminense flamengo” A book listing came up called “Garrincha: The triumph and tragedy of Brazil’s Forgotten footballing hero”. On page 397 it lists his games at Flamengo including a game against Fluminense.

Nice research Mikey!  Bringing some serious street cred to the table.

Nice pick Gerry!
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
That’s impressive research. Thankyou, sir.

No problem. It was the first thing that came up on that google search for me

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Tough decision and I hope I did not pip Sheer Mag.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
How much time does Xabi have?

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
How much time does Xabi have?

He’s got two hours but we aren’t really drafting after 10pm, unless people are free, so it’ll  tomorrow morning from 8am unless he drafts I think.

Leave picks with someone if you’re not going to be free in the morning so we can crack on.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
vivabobbygraham wants in to the draft too. We could add someone else as well if anyone knows someone or he’s happy to share a side if anyone is up for that. Drop me and him a PM if so.