Author Topic: The Car Lust Thread  (Read 72791 times)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Re: The Car Lust Thread
« Reply #240 on: January 23, 2019, 11:46:39 pm »
I hate to say i hate the rear lights.

It must be so difficult to mess up the design of a 911, but my God, with that rear they appear to have managed it.  :-\
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
« Reply #241 on: January 24, 2019, 02:13:50 pm »
It must be so difficult to mess up the design of a 911, but my God, with that rear they appear to have managed it.  :-\

Optional Sport Design package make the arse look a little better but still not a fan of the rear brake light all the way across.

Think the spoiler looks like you left the boot open when deployed.

Will wait final judgment until I see one in the metal but not rushing to part with my cash just yet.
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #242 on: January 24, 2019, 03:17:21 pm »
The new rear end hasn't gone down well in the Porsche lovers circle. It's just too uninspiring and bland for my taste.
Looks like it's getting the same hate as the 996 headlights used to get.

Started seeing the new BMW 850i videos on Youtube the past few days, that car looks amazing.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 03:18:58 pm by RedSince86 »
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #243 on: January 24, 2019, 04:00:32 pm »
Chris Harris review on the new Porsche "992".

I hate to say i hate the rear lights.

The rear light set up is probably the best looking thing about the new Macan and Cayenne, but yeah it looks shit on a 'proper' Porsche.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #244 on: January 24, 2019, 06:03:40 pm »
The rear light set up is probably the best looking thing about the new Macan and Cayenne, but yeah it looks shit on a 'proper' Porsche.
That’s because the Macan and Cayenne are two of the most atrociously ugly cars ever produced.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: March 6, 2019, 09:15:47 pm »
Bugatti celebrating 110 years

La Voiture Noire, only one made and has been sold for $19 million  :o :o :o

Divo

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: March 6, 2019, 10:10:56 pm »

I must admit to regretting the purchase though. Too wide for my garage. I'm stuck with parking it outside near the trash bins now. >:(
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: March 6, 2019, 10:13:13 pm »
Looks like a corvette
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline B.A. Baracus

• Anny Roader
« Reply #248 on: March 7, 2019, 04:40:31 am »

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: March 7, 2019, 09:08:14 am »

Offline ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
« Reply #250 on: March 7, 2019, 01:32:29 pm »
Looks like a corvette

Get yerself to Specsavers....  if you can find it!
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #251 on: March 7, 2019, 03:05:10 pm »
Bugatti based on this beautiful machine

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: March 7, 2019, 04:47:19 pm »

That car will appreciate like crazy.  Its a no brainer for a billionaire.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: March 28, 2019, 10:37:39 pm »
One of these pulled up next to me this morning, Aston Rapide, totally gorgeous

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: March 28, 2019, 10:41:26 pm »

A thing of beauty...

I love the Maserati’s too, so good to look at. 

On the flip side, Mclarens are pug ugly, I see quite a lot as I only live a few miles form their factory and they seem to run them in past my house.
W

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: March 28, 2019, 10:48:18 pm »
A thing of beauty...

I love the Maserati’s too, so good to look at. 

On the flip side, Mclarens are pug ugly, I see quite a lot as I only live a few miles form their factory and they seem to run them in past my house.

I gave the driver a big smile and thimbs uo, he looked well chuffed.I loved the Kindig doors handles on it - Kindig designs in the US do a blended in door handle and the Aston has those.

Gotta disagree about the McLaren, I love those cars, especially in orange.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: March 28, 2019, 10:52:35 pm »
Missus offered me the money tonight to swap my car, cos I've been looking at these lately, I'm tempted, but I love my X Type too

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #257 on: March 29, 2019, 06:46:16 pm »
Missus offered me the money tonight to swap my car, cos I've been looking at these lately, I'm tempted, but I love my X Type too

Soljskaer affect?

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #258 on: March 30, 2019, 01:19:50 am »
Soljskaer affect?

Hannibal Lector Affect.
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: March 30, 2019, 09:56:41 am »
The equaliser
W

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: March 30, 2019, 10:51:17 am »
The equaliser

I loved that Jag. :thumbup

I like the look of the older Jaguars, I can't stand the modern cars, unless you are in the market for a Supercar, they all look the same, boring as fuck. The XF and the XE could as easily be a Ford, BMW or Audi.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #261 on: March 31, 2019, 02:05:50 pm »
I loved that Jag. :thumbup

I like the look of the older Jaguars, I can't stand the modern cars, unless you are in the market for a Supercar, they all look the same, boring as fuck. The XF and the XE could as easily be a Ford, BMW or Audi.

I too like the looks of the older cars, especially the older Jags. Mine is not too old but it is miles away from those new ones.
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #262 on: April 1, 2019, 10:10:07 pm »

Not a fan, all out of proportion. Too much stretch and not been broadened enough, looks gangly. I love an Aston but these were a clumsy attempt at keeping up with Porsche’s first shot at the Panarema.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: April 1, 2019, 10:26:31 pm »
I saw a White 991 Carerra 4s With the blue Martini stripe down the middle on Friday morning.

Looked really cool with the black wheels.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: April 9, 2019, 06:30:03 pm »

Divo

one of my mates described it as the £10 million pound car with a £9 million pound bodykit. 
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: April 9, 2019, 06:43:13 pm »
one of my mates described it as the £10 million pound car with a £9 million pound bodykit. 

;D

I saw a White 991 Carerra 4s With the blue Martini stripe down the middle on Friday morning.

Looked really cool with the black wheels.

This one?

Offline stara

• ra-boom-de-ay. RAWK's very own Dicktionary Corner.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: May 31, 2019, 06:44:05 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/9rx7-ec0p0A" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/9rx7-ec0p0A</a>

Brilliant.
50+1. Real FFP rules. Now.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: May 31, 2019, 12:38:47 pm »
I think that the Lexus LC 500 is one of the most beautiful cars in the world right now, inside and out. Plus being a Lexus, it's likely incredibly reliable too.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/v6t99qiPQeg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/v6t99qiPQeg</a>
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: June 16, 2019, 12:22:55 pm »
There is a new show on Discovery called Trans Am. Two brothers who bought the Trans Am name after GM shut Pontiac. As well as restoring muscle cars, mainly Trans Ams, they are building a modern Trans Am based on converting a brand new Camaro. They do this because the original Trans Am and Camaro shared the same platform. This is the Bandit version they built. Limited run of cars, with the dash signed by Burt Reynolds

Offline Col

• Shaves his tongue and shares makeup tips. May be a little camp.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: June 17, 2019, 08:29:52 pm »
Not a fan. It's so obviously a butchered Camaro - and the current Camaro is better looking.
I don't have to sell my soul... he's already in me.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: June 17, 2019, 09:08:43 pm »
Not a fan. It's so obviously a butchered Camaro - and the current Camaro is better looking.

I hadn't really looked at the Camaro and I thought they'd made the car look different, but now I have looked at a 2017 car, I see exactly what you mean - I'd rather have the Camaro too.

Offline Brissyred

• RAWK's Great Uncle Google......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: June 17, 2019, 11:55:03 pm »
I think that the Lexus LC 500 is one of the most beautiful cars in the world right now, inside and out. Plus being a Lexus, it's likely incredibly reliable too.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/v6t99qiPQeg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/v6t99qiPQeg</a>

Each to their own I suppose, I reckon the front end, especially the grill, is ugly as fuck.

Offline Spongebob Redpants

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: June 18, 2019, 02:45:40 pm »

Love the LC500 . It's on my to buy list , but the base model starts at around £70k plus , so will have to wait for many years of depreciation to have any chance of getting one ( the cheapest used over here is around £ 60k for a 2017 plate ) .
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline Spongebob Redpants

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: June 18, 2019, 02:47:30 pm »
Each to their own I suppose, I reckon the front end, especially the grill, is ugly as fuck.

Aye , looks can be divisive . Can't deny its originality though .
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline soxfan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: June 18, 2019, 03:39:13 pm »
I happen to like the grill Lexus now puts on their cars, but there's no doubt it's hated by many. No grey area, you either love it or hate it, which I suppose is what they wanted. So many cars look alike now. It's nice to see someone at least trying to do something a little edgy.

And Spongebob, I'm with you. I love the car but at best I'll be buying a used 2019 model......in 2029 when it depreciates enough. So expensive. :(
― Christine Szymanski

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: June 18, 2019, 06:48:39 pm »
I happen to like the grill Lexus now puts on their cars, but there's no doubt it's hated by many. No grey area, you either love it or hate it, which I suppose is what they wanted. So many cars look alike now. It's nice to see someone at least trying to do something a little edgy.

And Spongebob, I'm with you. I love the car but at best I'll be buying a used 2019 model......in 2029 when it depreciates enough. So expensive. :(

Looks to me like it is the same designer who did the Toyota Prius. Arse end of the car looks like an Alfa Romeo to me.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: July 8, 2019, 09:01:07 am »
Winner of todays "My Dads got a better car than your Dad" competition at my kids school

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: July 9, 2019, 10:24:46 pm »
^^
That's amazing, what is it?

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: July 9, 2019, 10:27:56 pm »
A McLaren 720s I think...

I don’t live far from their factory so I see lots of them doing road tests... 

W

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: July 10, 2019, 10:12:47 am »
^^
That's amazing, what is it?

A McLaren 720s I think...

I don’t live far from their factory so I see lots of them doing road tests... 

Indeed it is a 720. Beautiful car in the flesh.

Not sure who owns it, but the Ferrari hasn't been seen for ages outside school, so I think it might be the same fella.