Author Topic: "Green and Gold, it's O5e from Molde!" - Cornering like a reliant robin..  (Read 3426109 times)

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
Yes, but Champions League football?

2 million a week then
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
I see Granada Reports has just trolled them by showing the six times banner fly-past.  ;D

Childish .... but still funny.  8)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
Evertonian that?

No, their banner would say YOU DON'T NEED TROPHIES TO BE A WINNER BUT WE ARE A WINNER.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
No, their banner would say YOU DON'T NEED TROPHIES TO BE A WINNER BUT WE ARE A WINNER.

That mural is still the funniest Everton thing I've ever seen
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
That mural is still the funniest Everton thing I've ever seen

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi

I love the way the main body of that 'trophy' seems to behind Moyes's right shoulder, so that really he is just holding an empty base with the trophy behind him. Something of a metaphor for the Ev, their trophy days long behind them and their current state just a load of bluster and empty promises.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
SO Moyes and Sanchez, which is the worse signing for them?
Believer

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
Considering, Moyes was a great signing.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
You know your club has a problem when your manager prefaces everything by saying 'when you're Man United...'

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
Considering, Moyes was a great signing.
He bought in fellani which is probably their only successful post fergie signing
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline beardsleyismessimk1

• Owner Of A Messy Room!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is for living, so live it
A month to get their act together. A long old season awaits. Over by the end of August. But in true Everton fashion they will churn out the league position only matters after 10 games. It's the hope that will kill them. Hahahahahahaha
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
This season is going to be glorious, can’t wait to see them implode. From Pogba to the dross in their squad with huge contacts to the Glazers playing with them on strings, it’s all coming to a head.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
We don't want it to come to a head, we want a slow bleed over 20 years
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline fredfrop

• 19*
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
We don't want it to come to a head, we want a slow bleed over 20 years
I would accept their relegation this season as a hilarious alternative though.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
Nah, I want them to fall into the same mid-table quicksand Everton have been in for 30 years. Never having ANYTHING to play for, not promotion, not a relegation battle. Nothing.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Jaz

• Main Stander
I hope Ole just loses match after match with everyone saying the table doesn't mean anything yet, then nearing Christmas they will realise they are in danger of being pulled into the relegation zone and bring in Giggsy. Come March they have no choice but to call up Big Sam in a desperate bid to stay up.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
I hope Ole just loses match after match with everyone saying the table doesn't mean anything yet, then nearing Christmas they will realise they are in danger of being pulled into the relegation zone and bring in Giggsy. Come March they have no choice but to call up Big Sam in a desperate bid to stay up.

I don't know, I think they need some hope. Maybe pogba sticks around and they continue to bully the odd team enough to stay within touching distance of top four. Occasionally they rack up a big scoreline and people dream of the ferguson days and claim they'll be a force when they find their consistency, but it never comes and they fall short again, with the fans blaming the owners and claiming ole needs more money.

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
I will probably watch their first match against Chelsea, should be quite interesting.
Believer

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop

Feeling all moist just reading that

Offline beardsleyismessimk1

• Owner Of A Messy Room!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is for living, so live it
So many permutations. So many different possibilities. Such a spectacular time to be around to watch their demise.
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
Oleh gone by November, wonder what his odds are on first manager to be sacked next season?

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Oleh gone by November, wonder what his odds are on first manager to be sacked next season?

Won't be him. Too much sunk cost with him with club/famous ex players and manager/fans. Have to allow that to fade enough into the medium-term memory. Maybe towards the end of the season.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan

6/1 favourite at the moment

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four

6/1?

6, you say?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
More bad news for them:

Man Utd striker Romelu Lukaku set to stay at club amid Inter Milan interest

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48967876
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
More bad news for them:

Man Utd striker Romelu Lukaku set to stay at club amid Inter Milan interest

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48967876

"United would want in excess of the £75m they paid Everton for him two years ago."

There's your problem right there.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
Lukaku is an interesting one because his goalscoring record is really good and he scores goals left, right and centre for Belgium. Sometimes it just takes a change of scenery for a player to refind himself. He's only 26, so should have at least 5 or 6 good years left in him, but that £75m valuation probably is quite difficult for clubs to stomach. If he was available for 50m he'd be a no brainer in my opinion.

Offline Jaz

• Main Stander

Bet he's on that clause that Woodward loves where they can sack him cheaper when it's mathematically impossible to get to top four. November sounds about right.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 06:47:25 pm by Jaz »

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Although it was before my time, I always thought it was the Munich Air disaster that put Man United into the public consciousness more than anything else. From what I've been told by people older than myself, and what I've read and heard over the years, football and the world in general was different back then. There wasn't the kind of tribal hatreds we see today and, quite rightly in my opinion, the whole country got behind United after the appalling disaster at Munich. Apparently, many, many people vowed to follow the club from then on. After what happened to the club/team, it's no wonder that so many people had deep sympathy for them and developed an affinity for them which endured long after. Coming back from that terrible tragedy to win the European Cup in '68 was remarkable, and cemented them into the public consciousness permanently.

I don't think any right-minded people would have resented the attention placed upon them back in those days. Where resentment did finally set in was in the 70s and 80s when United were an ailing, rudderless shambles. Relegated by the club then known as Manchester City on their own patch in '74. At best they were a plucky cup side, but mostly they were an absolute joke. A laughing stock, yet still full of arrogance. While teams like Liverpool were sweeping all before them at home and abroad, those serial losers and also-rans grabbed the headlines. Clubs like Forest did amazing things, yet United got unwarranted headlines. Everton bagged two titles, and although it was a third rate (now defunct) trophy at the time, they also won a European trophy. An FA Cup too, yet the shambolic Man United would still get the headlines from a sycophantic and fawning media. The media would built them up and declare what they were going to do ... whilst the clubs that were actually doing great things were getting overlooked in the recognition and headlines department. United and their whole media machine were just the gobby loudmouths who amounted to little of substance back then. Think Gallagher brothers today.

Luckily for United, Ferguson arrived on the scene to eventually instill some substance into what had become the myth. They got it right just as Sky were hijacking the game. Hype, bullshit and bling. They were made for each other. The hype around United went into overdrive. Much of the headlines were actually deserved through the Ferguson era, but a lot of it was also pretty sickly. It's a bit like how the press think everyone wants to hear and see what Katie Price is doing, so they will publicise every tiny detail as though it was an earth-shattering story. Facts are, with United and Price, the only people who give a shit are their actual fans. For the rest, it's a major turn-off.

These days it's actually funny seeing them desperately trying to show they remain somehow relevant when their biggest rivals are European Champions for the 6th time, and their Abu Dhabi neighbours are busy purchasing the domestic silverware. The headlines they get are looking all the more silly too, usually centering on some immature antics of their 'star' players. Facts are, there isn't really much to report on at OT anymore other than their decline. Their headlines make useful wrapping for your fish and chips, but that's about it.

Best post about them ever.  In spades.

It's crazy though - it honestly wouldn't take that much to make them competitive again, but somehow they keep on making the worst possible decision time and again.  Glorious.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Wouldn't read much into that, it'ls just Pogsie & his Kru having a funny flutter between stretches.
It's all a bit of bantz. No one takes it seriously.
Even Eds stuck a bit on, though with him it's a bit more of a tradition now.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
Leicester will finish above them this season
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Ole's strategy is going to be to win games by saying 'We're Man United. This is Man United. Man United. We're Man United.'

On the pitch the players are going to win by telling opposing players 'We're Man United. This is Man United. The biggest Man United in the world' every time they threaten to score.

That will stop opposing players from trying to score because Man United.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Wingman

• Legacy Fan
It’s been a great 6 years, those cup wins aside, but I’m actually a bit bored of it now. I want them to be good enough to reach some finals, then lose. Maybe miss out on the top 4 on goal difference. I want to see them turning the corner ... every other week! But they’re so bad I’m actually bored by it

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It’s been a great 6 years, those cup wins aside, but I’m actually a bit bored of it now. I want them to be good enough to reach some finals, then lose. Maybe miss out on the top 4 on goal difference. I want to see them turning the corner ... every other week! But they’re so bad I’m actually bored by it

It will never get boring to see them in the state they're in now. What we want is the occasional false dawn kind of thing like beating PSG or going on a run of wins followed by complete morale and spiritual destitution and suffering as they collapse into uselessness again and again and again

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan

You should find Mancs on social media. They're completely insane, spewing all the dumb shit they used to accuse Liverpool fans of.

It's like bathing in champagne.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?

I could never get bored of this. They are getting back to their normal level now. All mouth and no trousers.

The media will still fawn all over them, and they'll still bang on about how big they are and what they're going to do. Their players will still be out of shape and unprofessional bigtime charlies, and other teams will pick up the trophies regardless. Long may this continue. Now Ferguson has gone, we all have our United back.  :)

Bored? Never!!! I'm loving it.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.