Author Topic: The Daniel Sturridge  (Read 289698 times)

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
Re: The Daniel Sturridge
« Reply #2360 on: March 2, 2020, 12:06:51 pm »
saw him linked with villa

why did he leave turkey? 7 goals in 16 wasnt a bad return

He's not done badly there at all. I saw the odd headline that they can't afford him, and he'll probably have plenty of opportunities in the PL and MLS, so maybe for both parties it's time for something new?
You try me once you beg for more.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2361 on: March 2, 2020, 12:08:20 pm »
Thought it was bizarre he went over there in the first place, so really not surprised.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #2362 on: March 2, 2020, 12:12:39 pm »
He's not done badly there at all. I saw the odd headline that they can't afford him, and he'll probably have plenty of opportunities in the PL and MLS, so maybe for both parties it's time for something new?
could be a money thing alright as i think Karius had problems getting paid some weeks
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #2363 on: March 2, 2020, 12:30:12 pm »
Mutual termination... hmm

Daniel Sturridge’s time playing in Turkey appears to be at an end after his three-year contract with Trabzonspor was terminated on Monday. The former Liverpool and England striker, aged 30, had signed the deal on 21 August after his contract with Liverpool expired last summer.

He scored a total of seven goals in 16 appearances for the Turkish side, and leaves them top of the Super Lig table after 23 matches in a drum-tight campaign where the leading three teams are separated only by goal difference. Sturridge’s goal return in the league was four from 11 appearances, with his remaining three coming from a two-legged Turkish Cup tie against second-tier side Altay.

A Trabzonspor statement said: “The contract signed between our company and our professional footballer Daniel Andre Sturridge, dated 21.08.2019 and ending 31.05.2021 has been mutually terminated. In accordance with the termination agreement, the football player gave up all his forward-looking rights and receivables.”

Earlier, the club had had tweeted: “We thank Daniel Sturridge for his contributions to our club and wish him success in his career #thankyoudanielsturridge.”

The last six months have been marked by the same injury frustrations that have blighted the forward’s career and effectively ended his hopes at international level, with groin, thigh and calf problems restricting his availability in recent times. His most recent of 26 England caps came in a World Cup qualifier against Lithuania in 2017.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/mar/02/daniel-sturridge-trabzonspor-contract-terminated-after-six-months#maincontent

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #2364 on: March 2, 2020, 04:02:35 pm »
so Joyce just tweeted that Sturridge is suspended until June 17 after FA won appeal over betting breaches.

ban increased from two weeks to four months and fine doubled to 150k

yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2365 on: March 2, 2020, 04:04:02 pm »
Fuck sake Danny, what a shit situation

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2366 on: March 2, 2020, 04:18:54 pm »
so Joyce just tweeted that Sturridge is suspended until June 17 after FA won appeal over betting breaches.

ban increased from two weeks to four months and fine doubled to 150k

So after the appeal they increased it from 2 weeks to 4 months?! Or did more come to light in that hearing?

Online Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #2367 on: March 2, 2020, 04:35:39 pm »
Out of interest, who are you actually allowed to tell that you're considering moving to a certain club? Your parents? Your wife? Your brother?
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #2368 on: March 2, 2020, 04:47:03 pm »
So after the appeal they increased it from 2 weeks to 4 months?! Or did more come to light in that hearing?

Bit of a jump in sentence isn't it?!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2369 on: March 2, 2020, 04:54:02 pm »
Out of interest, who are you actually allowed to tell that you're considering moving to a certain club? Your parents? Your wife? Your brother?

Haven't obviously seen any details of the case, but if he told his family he is in talks with Sevilla, and his brother decided to put a bet on it, how is that his fault? Are they not allowed to discuss it with anyone whatsoever?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2370 on: March 2, 2020, 04:58:52 pm »
Gambling worse than racism apparently.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2371 on: March 2, 2020, 05:01:01 pm »
Haven't obviously seen any details of the case, but if he told his family he is in talks with Sevilla, and his brother decided to put a bet on it, how is that his fault? Are they not allowed to discuss it with anyone whatsoever?

This is what I don't get either. Is he expected to now not talk to his family over a potential move in country before the decision is all made? Fucking ridiculous that.

Online Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #2372 on: March 2, 2020, 05:06:00 pm »
Is he in a relationship? Did come home one day last year and state, "oh by the way, we're moving to Turkey, just signed a contract. Sorry I couldn't talk it through with you but I wasn't allowed to in case you headed straight to the bookies."
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2373 on: March 2, 2020, 05:52:50 pm »
Dani has released a video on IG in response to this. He mentioned that he didnt feel right getting paid whilst being suspended so asked the club to terminate the deal

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2374 on: March 2, 2020, 06:13:03 pm »
Seems a bit over the top. Chin up, Dan. MLS would be a good move for him, mind, once this is resolved.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2375 on: March 2, 2020, 06:15:44 pm »
Seems he told his brother to place the bet according to Sky Sports News
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2376 on: March 2, 2020, 06:21:21 pm »
Zero sympathy for the betting companies offering markets to people with far more knowledge of the situation than them. If they were to lose money (which they didn't in this situation) that is on them

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2377 on: March 2, 2020, 06:26:33 pm »

An independent Appeal Board found that the FA's Regulatory Commission, which adjudicates punishments regarding disciplinary cases, was too lenient in handing Sturridge an effective two-week playing ban in July 2019 and a £75,000 fine.

Sturridge will now be banned for four months with his fine doubled to £150,000.

FIFA has confirmed the suspension will be of worldwide effect.

"I feel that the betting companies and the process of people being able to place bets on players moving clubs has to be stopped.

"Although the appeals panel recognised that I hadn't bet and nobody else had bet, I was still charged so that was very disappointing and upsetting for me to hear the news the appeal panel had overturned the original, highly-qualified panel's ruling and, with that being said, it's devastating for me and I'm absolutely gutted.

Sturridge had originally faced 11 charges for alleged breaches of the FA's betting rules during January 2018, the month he made a loan move to West Bromwich Albion for the remainder of last season.

The forward was alleged to have instructed his brother, Leon, to bet on his possible transfer to Sevilla, providing him with inside information, although he never moved to the La Liga club and later went to West Brom.

Sturridge was initially cleared of nine of the 11 charges. However, the Appeal Board has now proven two further charges which were originally dismissed.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-liverpool-striker-daniel-sturridge-17849594

The bolded could use some clarity.

"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2378 on: March 2, 2020, 07:00:41 pm »

It's not and it's a bullshit decision.I hope that he plays again next year as he still has a lot to give,maybe he should hit the states.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2379 on: March 2, 2020, 07:04:02 pm »
Think he'd do well in Italy

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #2380 on: March 2, 2020, 08:06:39 pm »
Gambling worse than racism apparently.

Or financial doping.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2381 on: March 3, 2020, 05:38:08 am »
This is what I don't get either. Is he expected to now not talk to his family over a potential move in country before the decision is all made? Fucking ridiculous that.

Aye, seems like footballers are now like spies. You're not allowed to talk about your career even with your family.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2382 on: March 3, 2020, 08:53:37 am »

There is a transcript of the text conversations from the original charge, somewhere. From what I remember, they definitely discuss betting odds quite a lot but at no point does Sturridge directly tell anyone to place a bet (although you can see why the FA took issue given their rules). He does mention refunding any losses. Not that it necessarily relates to this, but Sturridge's dad is well known to frequent betting shops round my parts, and I think the family like a flutter.

I find it weird really that the FA would go to the lengths of appealing this though. Especially when any betting that was discussed would have resulted in those involved losing money. Sturridge has it spot on when he says that taking bets on players moving clubs shouldn't be allowed. As usual, the bookies are the ones at fault here, not the player and his associates, but given the income they get, the FA are bending over backwards to protect them.

If they are stupid enough to offer markets, then why shouldn't people in know take advantage? The only time it should be an issue is if it results in match/spot fixing. Currently, a player earning £250 a week playing for Bromley isn't allowed to place a bet on a Liverpool vs Man City game without being banned ffs.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Online MH41

• Kopite
« Reply #2383 on: March 3, 2020, 09:58:10 am »
Yeah, I've just read the initial case, where they discuss bets/odds etc. But I wonder how it all came about, or how it was initially raised? Was it by a betting company?
Sturridge was interviewed and 'In his second interview, which took place after messages had been retrieved by the FA, it was suggested that Mr Sturridge was unable to provide any sensible explanation for them, nor realistically could any such explanation be given.'
So the FA appear to be allowed access to players phones. Could this be used for any type of case? (to check texts, WhatsApp messages etc to check what they have been sending etc) eg appeals against red cards, racism cases etc
I'm not quite sure why the FA pursued this so much, by appealing the initial ban, as well as insisting that the ban was worldwide. The strong message should have been sent out to the Betting companies. Don't offer these markets, or prepare to lose money. Players have every right to discuss career moves with family and friends. Agents, and at times, journalists would have similar information. Are they banned from betting on moves? It is the betting companies that need tackled, not the players.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #2384 on: March 3, 2020, 04:32:40 pm »
Was watching that comedian Mo Gilligan on the telly the other day. Was racking my brains thinking who he reminded me of!

Then it hit me - Daniel circa 13/14  :D

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2385 on: March 3, 2020, 07:13:27 pm »
I find it weird really that the FA would go to the lengths of appealing this though. Especially when any betting that was discussed would have resulted in those involved losing money. Sturridge has it spot on when he says that taking bets on players moving clubs shouldn't be allowed. As usual, the bookies are the ones at fault here, not the player and his associates, but given the income they get, the FA are bending over backwards to protect them.

That's the crux of it.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #2386 on: March 4, 2020, 03:34:27 pm »
Among “Put the grand on Sevilla I’ll give it to you back if you lose”, his brother saying later that day that odds on his move to Sevilla were 4/1 and Sturridge replying “It’ll be higher elsewhere”, “Find it and put it on”,  “I can’t see me going anywhere else” and “Look real quick playa”, “It’s worth a flutter”,  Daniel made his own bed I'm afraid.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2387 on: March 4, 2020, 05:52:42 pm »
Tried to beat the bookies, meh.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Ma Vie en Rouge

• J'aime voir...!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2388 on: March 4, 2020, 07:47:21 pm »
Among “Put the grand on Sevilla I’ll give it to you back if you lose”, his brother saying later that day that odds on his move to Sevilla were 4/1 and Sturridge replying “It’ll be higher elsewhere”, “Find it and put it on”,  “I can’t see me going anywhere else” and “Look real quick playa”, “It’s worth a flutter”,  Daniel made his own bed I'm afraid.

Agreed, sadly. But being racist: banned for a few games. Potentially costing bookies money: pursued, appealed against, banned for months. Something stinks there, I think. Someone needs to get hold of the FA and hammer their punishments into shape so they make some kind of ethical sense, because this kind of shit just makes them look even more stupid. Not that they seem to care, ever.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #2389 on: July 8, 2020, 10:19:19 am »
Looks to firmly be in the retirement phase of his career. L'Equipe saying he wants to either go to Ligue 1 as he holidays in Cannes or the MLS as he wants to set-up a record label. Benevento are the only club to show a firm interest so far

https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Transferts-daniel-sturridge-pense-a-la-ligue-1-et-a-la-mls/1150596

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2020/daniel-sturridge-open-to-ligue-1-or-mls-move-lequipe/

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2390 on: July 8, 2020, 03:05:02 pm »
When he was with us it seemed like he relocated to America whenever he was out injured.

The MLS would be a good move for him. He clearly loves the lifestyle over there and has business ventures beyond football that he wants to pursue, he'd make good money and likely score a lot of goals if he can stay fit. The LA clubs and Miami would love to have a player of his profile.

Best of luck to him.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)

Offline KirkVanHouten

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2392 on: September 2, 2020, 04:58:05 am »
Saw these quotes from him. Such a shame he was so hampered by injury after Suarez left. He was phenomenal at his best.

Daniel Sturridge on Liverpool: ”Liverpool, man - that’s my club. I have kept my house and I’ll go back when I retire. The people of Merseyside have treated me brilliantly from the day I went there. When they fall in love with you, they’re not scared to show you that love”.

Sturridge: “I told Mike Gordon that when I am done as a player, I want to be involved in the club again. I don’t know if I am going to be cut out to coach and haven’t decided if i want to do badges anyways".

Sturridge: "I won’t rule it out but Liverpool FC knows that I’ll sell hotdogs outside if it wants me to. That club saved me and I will always owe them”.

Online RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #2393 on: September 2, 2020, 06:22:52 am »
Saw these quotes from him. Such a shame he was so hampered by injury after Suarez left. He was phenomenal at his best.

Daniel Sturridge on Liverpool: ”Liverpool, man - that’s my club. I have kept my house and I’ll go back when I retire. The people of Merseyside have treated me brilliantly from the day I went there. When they fall in love with you, they’re not scared to show you that love”.

Sturridge: “I told Mike Gordon that when I am done as a player, I want to be involved in the club again. I don’t know if I am going to be cut out to coach and haven’t decided if i want to do badges anyways".

Sturridge: "I won’t rule it out but Liverpool FC knows that I’ll sell hotdogs outside if it wants me to. That club saved me and I will always owe them”.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2394 on: September 2, 2020, 01:21:31 pm »

Yeah, pretty sure it was established a while back those quotes are fake. Still love him though.

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #2395 on: September 4, 2020, 07:07:58 pm »
Fake or not, I'd buy a hotdog from him.
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2396 on: September 5, 2020, 06:43:54 pm »

thought those were made up? I think they were first posted as a graphic.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2397 on: September 5, 2020, 09:05:22 pm »
Hope we see him back in the Prem.

It's such a shame because I really loved to watch him play.

I remember watching all of his goals for us and most of them really didn't rely on him using his pace. Was excellent in the box. Lovely touch, great left foot and skilful, creatively capable. If he could adapt his body and mind and find the right team, he could still do the bits for someone.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #2398 on: September 27, 2020, 02:36:46 am »
I'm surprised no one has taken a punt on him yet. Sheffield United are looking for a striker, Leeds have been splashing lots of money in attack, and West Brom are looking for another striker as well. There are probably a few others clubs as well. If he can stay fit, he'd do a hell of a job for a mid to lower mid-table club. Even one battling relegation.

Online Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #2399 on: September 27, 2020, 09:15:04 am »
I’m surprised he’s not at least training with a Premier League club. You’d think someone like Brighton would allow him to train with them, so they could keep an eye on his fitness, with the idea of offering a pay as you play type deal if his body looks up to it.