Author Topic: New Kit thread  (Read 3527192 times)

Online red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: New Kit thread
« Reply #12320 on: April 22, 2019, 02:29:34 pm »

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12321 on: April 22, 2019, 02:56:27 pm »
Women's Home kit.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12322 on: April 22, 2019, 03:00:39 pm »

Offline Lynx the saucy mynx

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12323 on: April 22, 2019, 03:04:44 pm »
That looks sweet if real.

Reminds me of the Standards corrupted one (Which I proudly own :) #InternetTerroristForLife) And 2011/12 black one when we kept hitting the post.

Offline Silverbird

• Anny Roader
« Reply #12324 on: April 22, 2019, 03:37:45 pm »
Blackout version of the home kit.

Know a few people who got it, smart as fuck.

To be perfectly honest, I bought it because it looked fantastic in photos. However the photos are a little deceiving; taken under specific lighting, the details are subtle but clear and the jersey looks cool af. But in reality, very few people can tell it's a Liverpool jersey; it's way too subtle in day to day lighting. It's still a lovely jersey but it's one of those times when the marketing is way too good.

Online Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12325 on: April 22, 2019, 03:50:10 pm »
What's the point of buying a liverpool shirt if no one can see it's a liverpool shirt?

Just buy a black polo shirt.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #12326 on: April 22, 2019, 04:08:56 pm »
What's the point of buying a liverpool shirt if no one can see it's a liverpool shirt?

Just buy a black polo shirt.
To wear in the Stretford End

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12327 on: April 22, 2019, 04:11:16 pm »
Reminds me of the Standards corrupted one (Which I proudly own :) #InternetTerroristForLife) And 2011/12 black one when we kept hitting the post.
Hahaha that's a nice way to remember that season!
Was that the one that began with Downing going on a run at our first home game and cracking a pile-driver onto the crossbar?

If that would have gone he I believe he would have gone on to become an LFC legend :D

But, it didn't. And he fizzled out.....to be surpassed by Charlie Adam that season, of all players :D

I think that was also Hendo's first season with us.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #12328 on: April 22, 2019, 04:25:56 pm »
That looks sweet if real.
Definitely real. It's the Blackout version of the 18-19 home shirt.
A now sold out limited edition that cost £75.
For anyone with money to burn there are a few on offer on eBay starting at around £100.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #12329 on: April 23, 2019, 07:30:30 pm »
Absolutely this.....

Home - Red
Away - White
Third - Yellow

And that should never change.

The green kits have always been decent though

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #12330 on: April 23, 2019, 07:44:14 pm »
The green kits have always been decent though
Oh no.

No

No.

Just awful ... not a fan of them
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12331 on: April 24, 2019, 12:47:02 pm »
Seen it in the Williamson Square shop this morning for the 1st time and it is stunning. It's so close to being as good as the v-neck one from last season. NB have absolutely smashed it with all the home kits they've done and the aways are boss too

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12332 on: April 24, 2019, 01:15:29 pm »
Apparently the new kit is a 'tailored' fit, like they had a few years back. This is a bit problematic for those of us who are 'powerfully built'.

The current more generous fit, that they've had for the last few seasons, was great; but apparently the club decided to fix a problem that wasn't there.

It's like this ridiculous trend of uber slim/skinny/spray on jeans and trousers that's taken hold of clothing outfitters over the last seven years. I hate it.

"Luxuariously upholstered" is the preferred nomenclature, dude...

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12333 on: April 24, 2019, 01:32:17 pm »
It's like this ridiculous trend of uber slim/skinny/spray on jeans and trousers that's taken hold of clothing outfitters over the last seven years. I hate it.

Aye. Coupled with those massive Nike trainers that the younger ones wear. Makes their legs look like a pair of golf clubs.

And to top it all off, those curly, moptops they all have with the shaved back n sides. Brutal.

;D

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #12334 on: April 24, 2019, 01:41:27 pm »
And to top it all off, those curly, moptops they all have with the shaved back n sides. Brutal.
That's a good one but my favourite is when a pasty faced, skinny chav goes for the suave, swept back look. Somehow it looks a little better on Emre Can...

Offline Silverbird

• Anny Roader
« Reply #12335 on: April 24, 2019, 02:50:55 pm »
Apparently the new kit is a 'tailored' fit, like they had a few years back. This is a bit problematic for those of us who are 'powerfully built'.

The current more generous fit, that they've had for the last few seasons, was great; but apparently the club decided to fix a problem that wasn't there.

I don't believe that to be the case. If you check out the official store, there're two fits - the normal more generous one, and the elite "tailored fit" which the players supposedly wear. The latter runs a lot more expensive and I believe if you stick to the former, it will fit as past jerseys have.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12336 on: April 24, 2019, 02:53:22 pm »
I don't believe that to be the case. If you check out the official store, there're two fits - the normal more generous one, and the elite "tailored fit" which the players supposedly wear. The latter runs a lot more expensive and I believe if you stick to the former, it will fit as past jerseys have.

Exactamundo

Offline CentenaryBoy

• Kopite
  • JFT97
« Reply #12337 on: April 24, 2019, 07:42:50 pm »

Well, I hope you're right, but I was told by someone from the club itself that it's a tailored fit. I suppose they may have been confused and gave me dud information.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 02:47:44 am by CentenaryBoy »

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12338 on: April 24, 2019, 07:57:27 pm »
That's a good one but my favourite is when a pasty faced, skinny chav goes for the suave, swept back look. Somehow it looks a little better on Emre Can...
:lmao

A lad at work has got the exact same hairstyle

But he's a lard ass

Still looks better on Emre Can though  ;D

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12339 on: April 25, 2019, 06:20:55 pm »
Well, I hope you're right, but I was told by someone from the club itself that it's a tailored fit. I suppose they may have been confused and gave me dud information.

The normal fit is £60 and the elite is £95. You can see the different shapes in the pics.

https://store.liverpoolfc.com/kit/home-kit/mens

WTF is going on with the half white socks?

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Rainbow Laces

• Anny Roader
  • We are the men of Shankly's best
« Reply #12340 on: April 25, 2019, 06:24:05 pm »
They were made to purposefully piss off about 40% of our fan base (me being one of them).

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12341 on: April 25, 2019, 06:26:45 pm »
They were made to purposefully piss off about 40% of our fan base (me being one of them).

Just read on the LFC website that the kit is to pay homage to Bob and to commemorate that he was born 100 yrs ago. Got his signature in the collar. The socks probably refer to the 1960's then.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #12342 on: April 25, 2019, 06:27:06 pm »
Not the socks again  ;D

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #12343 on: April 25, 2019, 06:30:05 pm »
Just read on the LFC website that the kit is to pay homage to Bob and to commemorate that he was born 100 yrs ago. Got his signature in the collar. The socks probably refer to the 1960's then.

Strangely we had all red socks during his management period. However we had red and white hooped socks during his playing career.

59-65 we had predominantly white socks (with a red top).

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12344 on: April 25, 2019, 06:39:12 pm »
Not the socks again  ;D

I didn't even know the new shirts had been unveiled until about 20 minutes ago.

Strangely we had all red socks during his management period. However we had red and white hooped socks during his playing career.

59-65 we had predominantly white socks (with a red top).

NB probably got told to piss off if they went for either of the red/white socks. My thoughts were they extended the red down the socks to try and maintain as much of the Red as possible while still paying homage to his early LFC career.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #12345 on: April 25, 2019, 06:46:01 pm »
Saw it in the club shop window.

Looks a lot better in real life

Offline stuarth810

• Kemlynite
  • Sing sing sing, dont just sit sit sit
« Reply #12346 on: April 25, 2019, 06:50:06 pm »
Very impressed. Like it a lot. I don’t even buy strips anymore. Tempted now

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12347 on: April 25, 2019, 06:54:44 pm »
I do like the kit a lot too.

I never buy shirts for me, but due to it being a commemorative shirt I'll buy one for me and one each for the kids. I'll also buy the jarg versions from Thailand for them to knock about in.

Edit:- Had a look last night and they have already got the new shirts on the site.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 08:01:36 am by rob1966 »

Offline murphs316

• Kopite
  • 5 Star Heros to 7 Hit Wonders
« Reply #12348 on: April 26, 2019, 11:57:08 am »
GK top sold out for pre orders

Offline kb2x

• Kopite
  • The Mystery Continues....
« Reply #12349 on: April 26, 2019, 12:39:10 pm »
GK top sold out for pre orders

Available in many places!

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #12350 on: April 26, 2019, 07:59:30 pm »
Just been in the club store and the new shirt is quite nice. Probably nicer than this season's top for me. Bit disappointed that they didn't have the black 'keepers top on display though.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12351 on: April 28, 2019, 09:44:29 am »
When is the away kit being unveiled, have there been any leaks yet? Personally hope we get a white one, this was really nice;

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #12352 on: April 28, 2019, 09:45:49 am »
Wonder what the away socks will be like?

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #12353 on: April 28, 2019, 09:47:55 am »

Long with a hole at the top.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #12354 on: April 28, 2019, 09:56:54 am »

Source?

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #12355 on: April 28, 2019, 09:59:47 am »

Any news about the bottom?
Joined up or another hole?

Funny how the club have gone completely silent about this.

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12356 on: April 28, 2019, 11:46:06 am »
Looks good. We'll all get a better view when we wear it last game of the season against Wolves.

Offline Ulster_Red

• Anny Roader
  • 6 Times
    • Irishleague Forums
« Reply #12357 on: April 28, 2019, 02:47:49 pm »
I ordered the new home shirt through JD Sports and got an email to say it will be delivered on Wednesday 1st May. Surely this isnt correct considering its not released until Thursday 9th May.
Our Lads Come From All Over The Place, They Talk Dead Funny But They Play Dead Great

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #12358 on: April 28, 2019, 02:52:22 pm »
I ordered the new home shirt through JD Sports and got an email to say it will be delivered on Wednesday 1st May. Surely this isnt correct considering its not released until Thursday 9th May.
I ordered through LFC and got a DPD email saying it was being delivered on April 23rd, needless to say it hasn't appeared yet!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12359 on: April 28, 2019, 07:27:07 pm »
Apparently because the home socks are in honour of Torres, the Away socks will be in honour of another one of our great strikers from the past, Suarez.

So they'll have bits chewed out of them all over.

The designer at NB said this also reflects the trend of ripped jeans that all the fashionistas are rocking at the mo.

Everyone's a winner.