Author Topic: New Kit thread  (Read 3541936 times)

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
Re: New Kit thread
« Reply #12200 on: April 18, 2019, 03:44:06 pm »
I was really having a good time until I saw those socks.
Yep they ruin everything. $%& those socks.
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #12201 on: April 18, 2019, 03:44:19 pm »
As has been said plenty of times though the players will have bundles of red tape on them when playing and you'll barely see the white. Gorgeous kit, might be my favourite by NB.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12202 on: April 18, 2019, 03:50:57 pm »
Season's a fucking write off after seeing them socks
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12203 on: April 18, 2019, 03:55:36 pm »
I think the home kit is horrible but I love the keepers one.

Agreed. Don't like the home kit at all. The pinstripes cutting off before the top you have an entire odd shaped block of red running across the top is awful.

Offline Rainbow Laces

• Anny Roader
  • We are the men of Shankly's best
« Reply #12204 on: April 18, 2019, 04:01:37 pm »
They're making one comment in which they don't even seem anywhere near as bothered as you, you're making multiple comments.

I'll comment again then. The socks are clown socks and belong on a Southampton kit or some other such shite. A lot of people don't seem arsed, but when you see the players in them, properly, you're going to think the same. The rest of the kit is lovely, replace the socks and it's a knockout of a kit.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12205 on: April 18, 2019, 04:32:14 pm »
I'm at the point now where a kit is a kit to me. It's just something players wear, and if it's red, it'll do.

I don't buy them any more, but if we won the league this year, then I'll be buying the one we won it in. A red shirt with a small gold bird and LFC under it is about as far as I'll go for wearing a football shirt now. That'll do me. But this new one looks nice. It could have looked a tad better if it had a subtle v-neck with a thin white line inset.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12206 on: April 18, 2019, 04:49:42 pm »
Still darker than the initial pics showed and that's all I care about. The socks don't bother me a bit.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #12207 on: April 18, 2019, 05:07:37 pm »
What's the deal with the gk kit. Do they do a short sleeve version later or is that just for Alisson?

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #12208 on: April 18, 2019, 05:08:06 pm »
Why do people care if he’s pissed off about the socks.
Maybe he's a big fan of the Red Sox and he accidentally clicked on the wrong thread...

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12209 on: April 18, 2019, 05:18:16 pm »
One of my favourite Bristol City kits.
huh?

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #12210 on: April 18, 2019, 05:21:08 pm »
Damn missed out on the GK kit. Will have to get it from a store or wait for a restock.
JFT97

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12211 on: April 18, 2019, 05:26:36 pm »
Apparently the shirts have been flying off the rails, so to speak.
Very hard to get one today.

But, for some reason, there are loads and loads of socks left.
So if you can't get a shirt, at least pick up a few pairs.

Offline rojo para la vida

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12212 on: April 18, 2019, 05:45:33 pm »
I can't believe that this thread is still getting so many posts, since I posted this morning before my flight to Milan.

SHUT UP! Enough already, Kopites! Who cares about socks anyway? Socks have only one look, for Christ's sake! Crimson? Wine? Sangria? Merlot? They're the same face! Doesn't anybody notice this? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills! What have you done, New Balance? NOTHING! YOU'VE DONE NOTHING! NOTHIIIING!

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12213 on: April 18, 2019, 05:48:46 pm »
Dark Red forever :D

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #12214 on: April 18, 2019, 06:00:39 pm »
huh?
Reference over the pinstripes and the similarity to some of their kits?

Like this one..

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/how-to-pre-order-the-new-home-shirt/
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 06:04:11 pm by Sons of pioneerS »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12215 on: April 18, 2019, 06:29:49 pm »
Reference over the pinstripes and the similarity to some of their kits?

Like this one..

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/how-to-pre-order-the-new-home-shirt/
Ah ok, gotcha.

Was a bit surprised to see Bristol City, that's all. Cos tons of clubs play in red and white in this glorious land of ours.

And I wouldn't be too surprised if all those other red/white clubs that have had pinstripes were in fact influenced by us having pinstripes way back when.... I might be wrong... but I'd like to thing we were the design pioneers
:)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12216 on: April 18, 2019, 06:43:46 pm »
Ah ok, gotcha.

Was a bit surprised to see Bristol City, that's all. Cos tons of clubs play in red and white in this glorious land of ours.

And I wouldn't be too surprised if all those other red/white clubs that have had pinstripes were in fact influenced by us having pinstripes way back when.... I might be wrong... but I'd like to thing we were the design pioneers
:)

Going by this site http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Bristol_City/Bristol_City.htm  Bristol City first had pinstripes back in 1986, made by Bukta, who I've never heard of.  I think our pinstripes with Umbro kits predate them at around 81-82. So yes, theirs was possibly inspired by ours being so high profile back then, although I can't remember if other sides used pinstripes at the time too.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12217 on: April 18, 2019, 06:46:45 pm »
Hate the socks on Bristol’s kit. What were they thinking?!

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12218 on: April 18, 2019, 06:48:10 pm »
Going by this site http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Bristol_City/Bristol_City.htm  Bristol City first had pinstripes back in 1986, made by Bukta, who I've never heard of.  I think our pinstripes with Umbro kits predate them at around 81-82. So yes, theirs was possibly inspired by ours being so high profile back then, although I can't remember if other sides used pinstripes at the time too.
Ok, cheers mate.

Would be interested to find out which club did in fact pioneer the use of pinstripes!

AFAIK we were the first to have a shirt sponsor, no?

Wonder what other "firsts" different clubs have pioneered!

I think Juve 'pioneered' the use of pink.........then Everton copied them :D

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #12219 on: April 18, 2019, 06:50:56 pm »
What's the deal with the gk kit. Do they do a short sleeve version later or is that just for Alisson?

On sale now

https://store.liverpoolfc.com/home-gk-ss-jersey-19-20/

https://store.liverpoolfc.com/kit/home-kit/mens

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12220 on: April 18, 2019, 06:54:08 pm »
Ok, cheers mate.

Would be interested to find out which club did in fact pioneer the use of pinstripes!

AFAIK we were the first to have a shirt sponsor, no?

Wonder what other "firsts" different clubs have pioneered!

I think Juve 'pioneered' the use of pink.........then Everton copied them :D
Yes, in 1979 with Hitachi.

We were the first English, professional club to have one, but I was just looking and it seems shirt sponsorship in England was pioneered by non-league Kettering Town in 1976. You learn something new every day, eh. I certainly didn't know that.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12221 on: April 18, 2019, 06:55:37 pm »
On sale now

https://store.liverpoolfc.com/home-gk-ss-jersey-19-20/

https://store.liverpoolfc.com/kit/home-kit/mens
I'm having that 'Keepers top, although I won't be paying £60 for it. It can wait until the price comes down at Sports Direct.  :)

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12222 on: April 18, 2019, 07:01:12 pm »

Showing my ignorance there. It turns out that Bukta were the first manufacturer of sportswear in the UK. Established in 1879.  :-[

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12223 on: April 18, 2019, 07:03:49 pm »
Showing my ignorance there. It turns out that Bukta were the first manufacturer of sportswear in the UK. Established in 1879.  :-[
Hahahaha I don't think you were the only one to think that though!

Speaking of discovering who pioneered what, you certainly have the most apt username! :D

Offline 1964allezallezallez

• Main Stander
« Reply #12224 on: April 18, 2019, 07:11:42 pm »
Why don’t the women’s tops come with long sleeves  ???

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12225 on: April 18, 2019, 07:52:19 pm »
Rock solid kit, even the socks.
It’s a clever way to introduce a touch of white without shitting on the important parts of the whole composition. Would prefer a v collar, but it’s not a big deal.

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12226 on: April 18, 2019, 07:58:08 pm »
That’s a boss kit. Well in NB. And the socks are very Johan Neeskens and he’s cool as fuck so it’s all good.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #12227 on: April 18, 2019, 08:02:15 pm »
I like that the white bits at the end of the sleeves aren't just rectangles, but are part of the NB logo.

And a great disclaimer on the site:

Due to the club's current Premier League position and continued involvement in the UEFA Champions League, we are unable to offer patches on the LFC 19/20 Home Kit at this present time

:thumbup
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 08:07:43 pm by Brian Blessed »
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #12228 on: April 18, 2019, 08:10:25 pm »
Already available on aliexpress  ;D

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12229 on: April 18, 2019, 08:25:16 pm »
From about halfway up the shins to just above the tits it’s absolutely beautiful. Shame about the weird block at the top where the pinstripes end and the white on the socks, if they hadn’t fucked that up it would be my favourite ever Liverpool kit.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12230 on: April 18, 2019, 08:29:51 pm »
Wondering what they were thinking with the  socks as not a throw back to previous kits
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 08:38:31 pm by rocco »

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #12231 on: April 18, 2019, 08:34:57 pm »

:lmao.

Only missing the Bruce Forsyth chimp ;D
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12232 on: April 18, 2019, 08:39:36 pm »
Wondering what there thinking with the  socks as not a throw back to previous kits
As someone alluded to above...
Having all the white in the bottom half of the socks is actually a really clever way of having white in the kit but further away from a person's normal eyeline.

In other words, what NB have basically done is follow the design brief of having some white in the kit, but instead of distributing all that white in different places all over the kit, they've decided to extract it all out and move it to the very bottom, out of sight, i.e. near the feet.
Very clever.

So they get to use up all the white wool in the factory, as per business needs.
And at the same time they appease the fans who don't want any "white shit" all over the shirt and shorts.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12233 on: April 18, 2019, 08:40:04 pm »
Wondering what they were thinking with the  socks as not a throw back to previous kits

Looks like a throwback to Torres
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #12234 on: April 18, 2019, 08:41:11 pm »

Probably that they couldn’t have similar to this year or no one will buy them, so made them drastically different.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12235 on: April 18, 2019, 08:43:28 pm »
Why don’t the women’s tops come with long sleeves  ???
Isn't it obvious?
They think women will want a short, tight shirt that fits them like all their other tight tops in their wardrobe.

So they've made it as 'feminine' as possible, i.e. to fit around the curves and show the arms.

Similar to how footy clubs tend to have 'women's ranges' consisting of scarves and other stuff with pink in them.

Suppose it's ok if you're Juve or Everton..

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12236 on: April 18, 2019, 08:48:44 pm »
Probably that they couldn’t have similar to this year or no one will buy them, so made them drastically different.

Never thought of that

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #12237 on: April 18, 2019, 08:53:34 pm »
Bit weird that they're making out that it's the same shade of red as last season's and this season's.

It isn't.

I'm fine with that though, because I think the current kit in the flesh is too close to maroon.  It looks phenomenal on TV under the bright lights but in the flesh it's too dark.

This new one is closer to what I would consider an LFC red.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12238 on: April 18, 2019, 08:58:14 pm »
Bit weird that they're making out that it's the same shade of red as last season's and this season's.

It isn't.

I'm fine with that though, because I think the current kit in the flesh is too close to maroon.  It looks phenomenal on TV under the bright lights but in the flesh it's too dark.

This new one is closer to what I would consider an LFC red.

2017/2018, 2018/2019 and now this are all darker red than what we are genrally used to, they aren't the same shade of dark red, but they significantly darker than what we've had all these years. 17/18 kit is darker than this current season's kit, and this brand new one is slightly lighter than what we currently have but is considerably darker than the first two NB one's and all of our other ones prior to that.

So they aren't the same hue, but they are dark.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #12239 on: April 18, 2019, 09:02:25 pm »
2017/2018, 2018/2019 and now this are all darker red than what we are genrally used to, they aren't the same shade of dark red, but they significantly darker than what we've had all these years. 17/18 kit is darker than this current season's kit, and this brand new one is slightly lighter than what we currently have but is considerably darker than the first two NB one's and all of our other ones prior to that.

So they aren't the same hue, but they are dark.

Agreed.  Things got too close to pink at times under Reebok but I do think we should be playing in a brighter red than the current incarnation.

On a fashion front the leaning towards a darker hue works but that shouldn't be the only consideration.

Today's Anfield Wrap video helpfully illustrates things, with the background being what I think of as LFC red and Neil's jumper being the current preference.

David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.