Author Topic: Maribor  (Read 41504 times)

Offline Colm305

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Maribor
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2017, 05:21:12 pm »
I wouldn't be so sure. For Sion, the 1st sale was only for those that attended Kazan regardless of if they had been to previous Euro aways. Only after that did it drop to those with previous Euro aways.

But Kazan didn't drop to all members. You needed to have at least 1 on your card to buy in your own name. As the credit for Spartak is given to anyone travelling I would be amazed if it' it would guarantee Maribor.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2017, 10:58:29 am »
But Kazan didn't drop to all members. You needed to have at least 1 on your card to buy in your own name. As the credit for Spartak is given to anyone travelling I would be amazed if it' it would guarantee Maribor.
They'll be uproar if everyone that went to Spartak was guaranteed a ticket for Maribor as they'll be a few that this was their 1st ever Euro away and to be guaranteed a ticket over someone that has been to lets say 10 of the last 12, missing both Kazan and Spartak, is just wrong.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline DougLFC94

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2017, 11:16:20 am »
Using Kazan for Sion first was fair game because we only sold 400 max and most who went would have qualified anyway, and those who didn't go but had all previous credits were still guaranteed anyway in the 2nd sale so no problems there.

We sold twice as much for Moscow so i don't think they'll do it for Maribor.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2017, 11:38:57 am »
Using Kazan for Sion first was fair game because we only sold 400 max and most who went would have qualified anyway, and those who didn't go but had all previous credits were still guaranteed anyway in the 2nd sale so no problems there.

We sold twice as much for Moscow so i don't think they'll do it for Maribor
Indeed we did but apparently the amount of UK based reds that actually went was around 300 + a few overseas reds that bought through the club, the rest was full of Russian reds so no doubt around half of that 800 were people chancing it in the hope that the club would not scrub the credit off, the same happened at Kazan, which is why I think that the 1st sale will either be for those that went to Spartak only or Spartak and 1 or 2 others.

Pure speculation of course and after all these years, it is hard to predict what our TO are going to do!
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline Colm305

• Main Stander
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2017, 11:46:34 am »
They'll be uproar if everyone that went to Spartak was guaranteed a ticket for Maribor as they'll be a few that this was their 1st ever Euro away and to be guaranteed a ticket over someone that has been to lets say 10 of the last 12, missing both Kazan and Spartak, is just wrong.

Couldn't agree more and like I said would be amazed if Maribor is based solely on Spartak. It's a shame that they couldn't have used proof of travel for Beşiktaş looking back now. It allowed so many on the ladder that have never been to a game in Europe before.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2017, 11:53:14 am »
Couldn't agree more and like I said would be amazed if Maribor is based solely on Spartak. It's a shame that they couldn't have used proof of travel for Beşiktaş looking back now. It allowed so many on the ladder that have never been to a game in Europe before.
Agreed. I was 1 of the many that got on the ladder @ Beşiktaş but was also 1 of the 500 or so that did actually go.

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2017, 12:19:09 pm »
Im thinking something along the lines of Spartak + 2-3 other cerdits over the last couple of seasons for the first sale?

Say that it was 500 traveling fans, most of them will surley have done a few euro aways in the past.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 12:20:58 pm by kalle-anka »

Offline Max999

• Anny Roader
« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2017, 03:19:07 pm »
the other issue is how many they give someone said Aberdeen got 800 but if they give us 5% that goes down to 650 and with bigger demand that is very likely. 

Sion was 550 so 6 previous will probably guaranteed and if over 100 new people who didn't have 6 got spartak there is going to be a lot of very dissapointed people.

Collection on qualifying fan cards only in their own name is the only possible saving grace and it will help tidy the credits list up.

Except that there are lads who go everywhere who don't have a card in their own name.

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2017, 03:26:41 pm »
Im thinking something along the lines of Spartak + 2-3 other cerdits over the last couple of seasons for the first sale?

Say that it was 500 traveling fans, most of them will surley have done a few euro aways in the past.
Nonsense. Why should Moscow count for more? Anzhi didn't in 2012 in a second rate competition and the club didn't fuckin refund my visa.

I have 10 of the last 12. Missed Kazan and Moscow. If I don't get a ticket over people who have only done Moscow and probably credit hunted Beşiktaş and a couple of others I will be furious.

The fuckin hypocrisy of all these people going on about proof of travel. Where the fuck was it when I trekked to Istanbul to watch another shit performance while 3500+ got a fuckin credit for nothing

Online Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2017, 03:40:14 pm »
Nonsense. Why should Moscow count for more? Anzhi didn't in 2012 in a second rate competition and the club didn't fuckin refund my visa.

I have 10 of the last 12. Missed Kazan and Moscow. If I don't get a ticket over people who have only done Moscow and probably credit hunted Beşiktaş and a couple of others I will be furious.

The fuckin hypocrisy of all these people going on about proof of travel. Where the fuck was it when I trekked to Istanbul to watch another shit performance while 3500+ got a fuckin credit for nothing

I don't think it's hypocrisy mate. There were people saying there should be proof of travel for Beşiktaş. I remember the thread cos I was one of the people saying it. They should have only had the credit if you take your passport to the ticket office and show them your turkish visa stamp plus your matching photo page. It was a joke, same as Bordeaux was. I spoke to you at Bordeaux by the way, at the bar either ht or before ko.

10/12 will be fine for Maribor. The only people that have that many have either been to Sion or at least one Russia trip.

From looking around the away end on Tues I think there were only about 300 from the UK. We got in dead early and we didn't recognise hardly anyone at that point, and nearly everyone was speaking Russian. Saw more and more regulars as it got closer to kick off. Not sure if these have been passed on or the club gave them to russian supporters clubs to fill up the end.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 03:51:53 pm by Craig S »

Offline matchball

• Kopite
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2017, 04:11:01 pm »
Spartak should be thrown in with the other match credits over the years, no special treatment. Why should there be?!
It's not like the trip is any more difficult to get to than Beşiktaş and some others. As for having to get a vIsa, whilst its a bit of a pain, so is some of the ways that people have to find to get to destinations once the direct flights become too espensive!
By all accounts many who bought for Spartak won't get the credit anyway, as it looks like plenty of tickets were sold on to Russian reds or others!

Offline NickoH

• Has to fart in private to avoid offending the posh guys and gals in the Marketing Dept
  • Legacy Fan
  • Speak softly love so no one hears us but the sky
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2017, 04:12:56 pm »

I'm in the same boat mate.

However, Beşiktaş was a shit performance but it was also a cracking trip, enjoyed it so much.
I clutch the wire fence until my fingers bleed,
A wound that will not heal, a heart that cannot feel.
Hoping that the horror will recede,
Hoping that tomorrow we'll all be freed.........JUSTICE.

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
  • Spread the faith - YNWA !!!
    • OLSC - France
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2017, 04:51:36 pm »
Spartak went down to all members and if I was a Russian based Red or a first timer I would of jumped on that just to see the Reds in Moscow, weither the credit means anything is up to the club - YNWA !
www.liverpoolfrance.com - The home of Liverpool fans in France.

Get down to 1 of our 2 pubs in Paris, Lush Bar or Kop Bar, for all the Red's games on the tele :
http://www.liverpoolfrance.com/ou-voir-les-reds/

TRADE COUNT WHEN WE HAD A TICKET EXCHANGE : 24

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2017, 07:51:26 pm »

I dont know why Moscow should count for more, but they are gonna use Moscow in the first sale for Maribor.
Was at work and wasnt really thinking  ::)

Offline bullyred

• Main Stander
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2017, 01:24:07 am »

I'm the Same the mate won't be happy if I don't get a ticket 😡

Offline matchball

• Kopite
« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2017, 07:18:48 am »

I have 10 of the last 12. Missed Kazan and Moscow. If I don't get a ticket over people who have only done Moscow and probably credit hunted Beşiktaş and a couple of others I will be furious

Same here, 4 of us on 10!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 07:20:30 am by matchball »

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2017, 10:15:09 am »
Can't work out if I will qualify for this or not?

2014 season. Basel. Ludogorets. Read Madrid. Beşiktaş. (4)
2016 season. United. Dortmund. Villarreal. (3)
2017 season. Spartak Moscow (1)

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2017, 12:22:24 pm »
Can't work out if I will qualify for this or not?

2014 season. Basel. Ludogorets. Read Madrid. Beşiktaş. (4)
2016 season. United. Dortmund. Villarreal. (3)
2017 season. Spartak Moscow (1)

Sure you will, I still think that they will start with Moscow only.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2017, 01:21:58 pm »
Sure you will, I still think that they will start with Moscow only.

And herein lies the problem.....

2016 (5)
Villarreal, Dortmund, Man UTD, Augsburg, Bordeaux

2014 (4)

Beşiktaş, Ludogorets, Real Madrid, Basel

2012 (1)

Udinese

Clearly not David's fault, but if he's guaranteed a ticket with 7 from the last 2 season and I don't even get an opportunity to buy one with more games, just because I couldn't go to Moscow due to work commitments, then that's just bullshit in my opinion. Personally think that anyone who stood in Udinese in minus temperatures deserve an away ticket for life!  ;D
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2017, 01:47:28 pm »

2016 (5)

2014 (4)

2012 (1)

Udinese

Clearly not David's fault, but if he's guaranteed a ticket with 7 from the last 2 season and I don't even get an opportunity to buy one with more games, just because I couldn't go to Moscow due to work commitments, then that's just bullshit in my opinion. Personally think that anyone who stood in Udinese in minus temperatures deserve an away ticket for life!  ;D

Im not saying that’s a fair way of doing it, but I still believe that’s the option they’ll go for.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #60 on: September 30, 2017, 01:57:52 pm »
Im not saying that’s a fair way of doing it, but I still believe that’s the option they’ll go for.

So do I mate - just highlighting another example of why it shouldn't be done on that. It seems there are many people in the same boat as me and could miss out to someone who's first ever away was in Moscow.
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2017, 04:32:05 pm »
So do I mate - just highlighting another example of why it shouldn't be done on that. It seems there are many people in the same boat as me and could miss out to someone who's first ever away was in Moscow.

Yeah I know, if they use Moscow only that more or less forces people to attend the first away match if that’s a low allocation.
But a few years back someone could buy a TC package for Basel and be in for frat dips for the rest of the season. There’s never gonna be a perfect system..

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2017, 05:29:44 pm »

2016 (5)

2014 (4)

2012 (1)

Udinese

Steua Bucharesti was pretty cold too mate. Good job i had a skinful

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: September 30, 2017, 06:24:41 pm »
If we're going by coldness levels I seem to remember not being able to feel my toes at Ludogorets!

It's tricky. I think we all want to see less credit hunting. The Spartak one is a clear way to tidy up the credits and confirm those who went. (Though should not impact too much those that genuinely could not go).

I reckon people are worrying about nothing really.

I think we sold about 800 tickets. Judging by those there - it was 300 UK based reds and 500 foreign I reckon - mainly all Russian. What we don't know is if they registered for membership and got a ticket (and a credit), or the club gave them away to supporters clubs?

Either way I think the majority of your 300 reds have previous credits. I think of your bandwagon jumpers, I seriously doubt we've got many who will all of a sudden decide to start going to all the European Aways especially if they're not UK fans. (I base that on it being a culture thing). If you're Russian it's just a one off event. For example my mate and his lad love Real Madrid and wanted to see them when they're over here regardless of who playing, but they'd never dream of following them away anywhere else.

Potentially what is 'fair' is this credit counting as more than 1.

United do similar:

Credits for European away games are issued to supporters as follows:

• 2 credits will be issued to supporters who apply for a game, are successful and collect their ticket with ID at the relevant game (or book and travel with Thomas Cook Sports)
• 1 credit will be issued to supporters who apply for the game, whether they are successful or not.
• Credits will not be issued to supporters who apply for the game, are successful but cancel their ticket, fail to collect their ticket or book through Thomas Cook Sports then do not travel

I don't know. No easy way to decide is there. I do think it's not as bad as people fear it is for bandwagon jumpers though.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 06:27:12 pm by davidsteventon »

Offline jdirckze

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2017, 10:06:52 pm »
Think it's a toss up between Bucharest and Udinese for coldness - Ludogrets was almost tropical in comparison 😊

Offline so kop end lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2017, 10:35:46 pm »
I don't feel the cold too much but remember wearing Long johns for Ludogrets 😂

Free porn channels on the tv and a strip club in the basement of the hotel, boss trip lol

Offline NickoH

• Has to fart in private to avoid offending the posh guys and gals in the Marketing Dept
  • Legacy Fan
  • Speak softly love so no one hears us but the sky
« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2017, 10:49:39 pm »
Think it's a toss up between Bucharest and Udinese for coldness - Ludogrets was almost tropical in comparison 😊

Zenit by a country mile
I clutch the wire fence until my fingers bleed,
A wound that will not heal, a heart that cannot feel.
Hoping that the horror will recede,
Hoping that tomorrow we'll all be freed.........JUSTICE.

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: October 1, 2017, 09:07:44 am »

I reckon that's exactly what will happen.

I've got the 9 most have. Didn't go Kazan, low allocation gave no chance for Sion, and was on holiday for Moscow

I don't expect to get anywhere near a Maribor ticket

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: October 1, 2017, 11:55:20 am »
OK I give up!

Spent about 3 hours trying to work out how I can get there and back but my heads spinning.

What's anyone doing?

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: October 1, 2017, 12:00:08 pm »
OK I give up!

Spent about 3 hours trying to work out how I can get there and back but my heads spinning.

What's anyone doing?
Fly to Ljubljana Sunday. Back from Split on Saturday

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: October 1, 2017, 12:02:05 pm »
Forgot to say need to use about 3 days or less from this so I've got enough free days from work for Seville.

Offline Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: October 1, 2017, 12:16:26 pm »
Forgot to say need to use about 3 days or less from this so I've got enough free days from work for Seville.

Fly into Vienna train to maribor and back you can do it in 2 days off if you get last flight out Monday or First Tuesday

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oooooh Campione, the one and only
« Reply #72 on: October 1, 2017, 12:34:25 pm »
Fly into Vienna train to maribor and back you can do it in 2 days off if you get last flight out Monday or First Tuesday

Where do you buy Vienna-Maribor train tickets?

Offline stevejd63

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #73 on: October 1, 2017, 12:39:21 pm »
OK I give up!

What's anyone doing?

We flying Ljubianja Sunday night then Flixbus to Vienna on the Wednesday and flying back from there. Came out at about £80 each
How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct.

Offline stevejd63

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #74 on: October 1, 2017, 12:48:22 pm »
I reckon that's exactly what will happen.

I've got the 9 most have. Didn't go Kazan, low allocation gave no chance for Sion, and was on holiday for Moscow

I don't expect to get anywhere near a Maribor ticket

I'm same as you. Been to them all apart from the Russian games. Traveled to every single one and somehow managed to fall off the ladder at Sion. Because of the order this year, Moscow being first I know I won't get a ticket.

I was seriously pissed off over Sion as I know I should have been in the top couple of hundred for tickets but I'm not gonna let this one bother me, I've never been to Maribor before so I'll just have a laugh and watch it in a bar somewhere.

Really looking forward to the trip
How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct.

Offline Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: October 1, 2017, 12:51:55 pm »
Have a look here mate - plenty of trains it seems:

https://www.raileurope.com/index.html?AID=1205410&PID=5142165

This link is brilliant for train tickets - I didn't buy from this site once I got the rail operator I went directly on to their website and book there  OBB

Offline Tiger Tony

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: October 1, 2017, 08:33:37 pm »
I'm same as you. Been to them all apart from the Russian games. Traveled to every single one and somehow managed to fall off the ladder at Sion. Because of the order this year, Moscow being first I know I won't get a ticket.

I was seriously pissed off over Sion as I know I should have been in the top couple of hundred for tickets but I'm not gonna let this one bother me, I've never been to Maribor before so I'll just have a laugh and watch it in a bar somewhere.

Really looking forward to the trip
If you have 9 of the following:

Basel
Real Madrid
Ludogorets
Beşiktaş

Bordeaux
Kazan
Sion
Augsburg
Man U
Dortmund
Villarreal

Moscow

I think you will be ok. Most who have done either Russian game will have most of the others. I would be pissed off if they start Maribor with Moscow only, as I have 10 of those 12 and have actually been to 9 of them (missed both Russian games and couldn't go Sion but qualified with 8 of the 9 games called after those with Kazan). I am pretty sure I will get a Maribor ticket anyway, but I expect to qualify above those who have less than 10 out of those 12. Moscow should not count for more. Istanbul should count fuckin double if Moscow does. Yet half the people who are so happy about the proof of travel for this because it suits them credit hunted for Beşiktaş. Fuckin hypocrites

Offline HMHB

• Main Stander
« Reply #77 on: October 2, 2017, 06:57:50 am »
First part of me trip was with monarch😠manc - zagreb.phoning them later for hopefully alternative flight.fuming!!!

Offline jdirckze

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #78 on: October 2, 2017, 08:25:29 am »
First part of me trip was with monarch😠manc - zagreb.phoning them later for hopefully alternative flight.fuming!!!
in the same boat here 😠

Online Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #79 on: October 2, 2017, 08:43:45 am »
I've rebooked via Stuttgart. £85. You'll get nothing off Monarch but confident I'll get a refund for the original flight (£39) off Barclaycard.
Long live the King