Author Topic: Maribor  (Read 41506 times)

Offline Birdontheshirt

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
Re: Maribor
« Reply #120 on: October 9, 2017, 02:11:17 pm »
The 'Advice for Liverpool Football Club Supporters, Maribor vs Liverpool FC' sheet is now available online either via the the ticket news pages or I'll put the direct link here:
http://assets2.lfcimages.com/uploads/4024__9496__fan_information_sheet_maribor.pdf

In the advice sheet the club have given it says:
"Kick-off is at 21:45 local time, so turnstiles will open at 19:15 hours (90 mins before kick-off). "

This is clearly wrong as 19.15 is not 90 min before 21.45!!!

I'd anticipated kick off as 20.45, as Slovenian time is one hour ahead of British Summer Time. 
Luck favours the brave, but not the stupid.

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #121 on: October 10, 2017, 11:01:53 am »
Didn't know where to post my question so I'll try here.  Given that short of the team actually coming to Zagreb this will be the closest as it gets for me to watch the Reds without long distance travel so I'll obviously be there.

You can probably what I need, right?  Exactly, I need a ticket so if anyone is travelling over with a spare please let me know.  I might even name my firstborn after said person. ;D
Bump No1. 

Pleeeeaaaseee :P
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #122 on: October 10, 2017, 11:44:43 am »
Bump No1. 

Pleeeeaaaseee :P
Good luck mate. With only 642 tickets for 'normal' supporters, they'll be loads looking for spares, I already know of a few myself. Thankfully the 10 of our lot that are going qualified anyway.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline firing squad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: October 10, 2017, 12:33:47 pm »
Good luck mate. With only 642 tickets for 'normal' supporters, they'll be loads looking for spares, I already know of a few myself. Thankfully the 10 of our lot that are going qualified anyway.
Indeed but I'll be going anyway. Nothing like an away atmosphere. In town or at the ground.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #124 on: October 10, 2017, 12:38:34 pm »
Indeed but I'll be going anyway. Nothing like an away atmosphere. In town or at the ground.
You're spot on mate, fair play  :thumbup
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline firing squad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: October 10, 2017, 12:57:13 pm »
You're spot on mate, fair play  :thumbup
Cheers.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #126 on: October 10, 2017, 01:08:29 pm »
Going to Zagreb on Sunday, already planning to overstay so I can go and see Hajduk v Dinamo on the 21st. And Plitvice. And Dubrovnik. And Kotor. And Mostar. And Sarajevo.  ;D

Offline ChrisSOSred

• Kemlynite
« Reply #127 on: October 10, 2017, 05:18:02 pm »
https://www.weather-forecast.com/locations/Maribor/forecasts/latest

Dont forget your shorts and suncream for this one, weather forcast looks good.

Offline ChrisSOSred

• Kemlynite
« Reply #128 on: October 10, 2017, 05:26:34 pm »
On liverpool website now

Match Ticket : Season Ticket Holders, Members and Fan Card holders who attended 6 of the following games: Spartak Moscow (26.09.17) AND approved proof of travel, Villarreal (28.04.16), Borussia Dortmund (07.04.16), Manchester United (17.03.16), FC Augsburg (18.02.16), FC Sion (10.12.15), Rubin Kazan (05.11.15), Bordeaux (17.09.15)

Due to an extremely limited number of internal ticket returns, a further sale will take place online only from 11am on Thursday 12th October. 

As the number of qualifying supporters exceeds the number of tickets available, tickets will be available on a first come first served basis we cannot guarantee that tickets will be available to all who apply.

Supporters can purchase one ticket per qualifying supporter for up to a maximum of FOUR tickets per transaction.

Offline liverpoolsnumber9

• Main Stander
« Reply #129 on: October 10, 2017, 11:21:10 pm »
On liverpool website now

Match Ticket : Season Ticket Holders, Members and Fan Card holders who attended 6 of the following games: Spartak Moscow (26.09.17) AND approved proof of travel, Villarreal (28.04.16), Borussia Dortmund (07.04.16), Manchester United (17.03.16), FC Augsburg (18.02.16), FC Sion (10.12.15), Rubin Kazan (05.11.15), Bordeaux (17.09.15)

Due to an extremely limited number of internal ticket returns, a further sale will take place online only from 11am on Thursday 12th October.

As the number of qualifying supporters exceeds the number of tickets available, tickets will be available on a first come first served basis we cannot guarantee that tickets will be available to all who apply.

Supporters can purchase one ticket per qualifying supporter for up to a maximum of FOUR tickets per transaction.
Was Gatwick to Zagreb 4 of us At Ł67 each 🙄....rebooked at 7am Heathrow to Zagreb with BA ..
At Ł260 each !! .. just need to tell the others now 😋

3 of us sorted ,just me needing one as only on 5 so fair play to the ones that went to Russia ,!!
If there is a spare out there I would very grateful 🙂..   

Just been looking and on one site tickets in our end Ł375 !!! And they show 26 of them !!!!
.. 20 f...g 6 ....

Offline uppercentenary92

• Main Stander
« Reply #130 on: October 11, 2017, 08:58:50 am »
Was Gatwick to Zagreb 4 of us At Ł67 each 🙄....rebooked at 7am Heathrow to Zagreb with BA ..
At Ł260 each !! .. just need to tell the others now 😋

3 of us sorted ,just me needing one as only on 5 so fair play to the ones that went to Russia ,!!
If there is a spare out there I would very grateful 🙂..   

Just been looking and on one site tickets in our end Ł375 !!! And they show 26 of them !!!!
.. 20 f...g 6 ....

The club should buy them all - cost under 10k, and then take away the season tickets and hospitality straight away of all concerned. That would recover the 10k plus much more besides as the club can resell the tickets for the rest of the season. Actual no brainer.!  But they wont do it as it would open too many cans of worms

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #131 on: October 11, 2017, 09:16:59 am »
26 tickets is a fairly big percentage!
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oooooh Campione, the one and only
« Reply #132 on: October 11, 2017, 09:38:20 am »

In that logic the touts must have been either to Kazan or Spartak to get a hold of tickets. Or they just grabbed them of the 6 credit sale.

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #133 on: October 11, 2017, 10:23:02 am »
In that logic the touts must have been either to Kazan or Spartak to get a hold of tickets. Or they just grabbed them of the 6 credit sale.

Or the tickets don't actually exist. Quite often these sites will advertise tickets, and if they happen to get someone to buy them, they will then look to source them afterwards. If they can't, then they simply refund the money.

Offline uppercentenary92

• Main Stander
« Reply #134 on: October 11, 2017, 10:25:06 am »

Or Sion !!  - To get on the 6 credits, you had to have at least one of the 3 lowest allocations. I just find it hard that people in the same hotel / plane / bar as me are selling these for stupid money. If the club bought them and then named and shamed it would soon put an end to it !

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: October 11, 2017, 10:57:47 am »
Yes, I think its logical that these are imaginary tickets. Find it hard to believe that someone who goes to every "exotic" away game is in it for money.

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
  • Spread the faith - YNWA !!!
    • OLSC - France
« Reply #136 on: October 11, 2017, 01:48:35 pm »

the touts might not have been to any euro away game, just getting tickets off others !

probably fake numbers anyway - good luck anyone trying thursday like me - ynwa
www.liverpoolfrance.com - The home of Liverpool fans in France.

Get down to 1 of our 2 pubs in Paris, Lush Bar or Kop Bar, for all the Red's games on the tele :
http://www.liverpoolfrance.com/ou-voir-les-reds/

TRADE COUNT WHEN WE HAD A TICKET EXCHANGE : 24

Offline Birdontheshirt

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #137 on: October 11, 2017, 02:04:47 pm »
I can't see those 26 as having come from tickets made available to ordinary supporters.

I was in first thing for the 7+ credit sale and I noticed that in Block B there was already a section of rows greyed out. I can't recall the row it started on (probably 8 or 9) but I know it finished on row 13, every seat between was already greyed out.  I don't believe they had been sold to ordinary supporters - as I was buying dead on the dot of 8.15, so I don't see so many rows of consecutive seats having been grabbed already.   I'm guessing the greyed out ones were put aside by the club for corporates, extra tickets if players or staff want them for guests, sponsors etc.  Probably additional to the 200 in the VIP section elsewhere.  Although someone in the other thread said they'd counted up all the tickets available for sale in sections A, B and C and that came to 642.  I guess they might have included those greyed out rows in that number.  I don't think it was as many as 642 actually available to buy in the 7+ credit sale.

I'll be interested to see if some seats on those rows in section B show up in the sale tomorrow.  If so, it might confirm that they are returns from tickets offered elsewhere.  This is why we need greater transparency from the club.  I feel for those who planned their away travel, thinking they'll be ok to get a ticket, but then to be disappointed because a large part of the allocation was put aside by the club to offer elsewhere.

It would also be interesting to know where those 26 tickets - if they exist at all - are allocated.  On rows in section B?

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #138 on: October 11, 2017, 02:34:36 pm »
I can't see those 26 as having come from tickets made available to ordinary supporters.

I was in first thing for the 7+ credit sale and I noticed that in Block B there was already a section of rows greyed out. I can't recall the row it started on (probably 8 or 9) but I know it finished on row 13, every seat between was already greyed out.  I don't believe they had been sold to ordinary supporters - as I was buying dead on the dot of 8.15, so I don't see so many rows of consecutive seats having been grabbed already.   I'm guessing the greyed out ones were put aside by the club for corporates, extra tickets if players or staff want them for guests, sponsors etc.  Probably additional to the 200 in the VIP section elsewhere.  Although someone in the other thread said they'd counted up all the tickets available for sale in sections A, B and C and that came to 642.  I guess they might have included those greyed out rows in that number.  I don't think it was as many as 642 actually available to buy in the 7+ credit sale.

I'll be interested to see if some seats on those rows in section B show up in the sale tomorrow.  If so, it might confirm that they are returns from tickets offered elsewhere.  This is why we need greater transparency from the club.  I feel for those who planned their away travel, thinking they'll be ok to get a ticket, but then to be disappointed because a large part of the allocation was put aside by the club to offer elsewhere.

It would also be interesting to know where those 26 tickets - if they exist at all - are allocated.  On rows in section B?
I was also in bang on 0815 for the 1st sale. You are correct, the few rows (I think that it was 2 or 3) in front of Row 9 (I bought in Row 9) were greyed out. It was also me who counted the 642 tickets and yes, I did count the greyed out seats which must mean that less than 600 tickets for 'normal' supporters actually went on sale which is a huge chunk of the official 842 (including the 200 Cat 1 tickets) allocation that the club advertised which means that approx. 29% were creamed off for 'others' which is an incredible, although not surprising, piss take  :no

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: October 11, 2017, 02:44:39 pm »
I dread to think how many will go missing next time we make a final, be it domestic or European. I was also on it bang on 8.15am and thought the rows already grey at front of section B was suspicious.....

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: October 11, 2017, 03:15:36 pm »
I was also in bang on 0815 for the 1st sale. You are correct, the few rows (I think that it was 2 or 3) in front of Row 9 (I bought in Row 9) were greyed out. It was also me who counted the 642 tickets and yes, I did count the greyed out seats which must mean that less than 600 tickets for 'normal' supporters actually went on sale which is a huge chunk of the official 842 (including the 200 Cat 1 tickets) allocation that the club advertised which means that approx. 29% were creamed off for 'others' which is an incredible, although not surprising, piss take  :no

I don't see they the percentage matters here. Are they supposed to just let 25% of the Under 18's watch the game and leave the other 75% in the hotel because we've got less tickets?

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #141 on: October 11, 2017, 03:22:07 pm »
I don't see they the percentage matters here. Are they supposed to just let 25% of the Under 18's watch the game and leave the other 75% in the hotel because we've got less tickets?
So do you think that is right that the club advertise an 842 allocation but fail to tell you that only 600 of those tickets will be on sale to regular match going supporters? I know of a few that booked travel assuming that as they went to 1 of the 3 (Kazan, Sion or Spartak) they would get a ticket for this.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: October 11, 2017, 03:37:53 pm »
So do you think that is right that the club advertise an 842 allocation but fail to tell you that only 600 of those tickets will be on sale to regular match going supporters? I know of a few that booked travel assuming that as they went to 1 of the 3 (Kazan, Sion or Spartak) they would get a ticket for this.

It's the same with every allocation. They announce a number and they aren't all on sale. It isn't something underhand that they decided on for this game. It happens every single away game.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #143 on: October 11, 2017, 03:44:24 pm »
It's the same with every allocation. They announce a number and they aren't all on sale. It isn't something underhand that they decided on for this game. It happens every single away game.
I know that but 200+ tickets from a 3K allocation is very different to 200+ from an 842 allocation, a bit of transparency is clearly too much to ask.

Offline Birdontheshirt

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #144 on: October 11, 2017, 03:55:51 pm »
But with UK away games it is - on the whole - feasible to wait to see if you've got a ticket before booking travel.  Same isn't true for euro aways.  If you wait, you could be paying double of an already significant amount for air fares.  Without transparency about actual numbers available for sale to ordinary supporters, there will be some who arrange travel and are then disappointed not to get a ticket

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: October 11, 2017, 04:07:52 pm »
But with UK away games it is - on the whole - feasible to wait to see if you've got a ticket before booking travel.  Same isn't true for euro aways.  If you wait, you could be paying double of an already significant amount for air fares.  Without transparency about actual numbers available for sale to ordinary supporters, there will be some who arrange travel and are then disappointed not to get a ticket

It's a 13000 seater stadium, pretty much everyone knows that they're booking that with the risk of not getting a ticket.

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: October 11, 2017, 04:15:40 pm »
It's a 13000 seater stadium, pretty much everyone knows that they're booking that with the risk of not getting a ticket.

Wouldn't hurt to do what the Mancs do for Euro aways though. Thankfully I knew I was going to be ok for this. Luckily I have full or near enough full credits in both domestic cups and Euro aways. But prem aways I don't and saw my credits slashed big time last year.

It is clear that the new main stand has been a problem for away tickets in all competitions. A significantly higher number are going missing, no doubt about it. Clearly they are giving them away to sell the premium hospitality packages on 5-7 year contracts. Money talks, but some transparency wouldn't hurt. What happens if we get an allocation like Basel in a Europa final? Will all tickets go to the 5-6000 referenced in Rick Parry's infamous numbers game plus all the new main stand hospitality seasonal pass holders? The way it is going, people with lesser amounts of away credits are slowly getting squeezed off the ladder instead of climbing. Until the club are transparent about figures they can continue to squeeze the numbers given to regular supporters and that isn't on

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: October 11, 2017, 04:26:34 pm »
And what exactly would transparency do other than annoy people? 'Another club gave us 642 tickets and we've given 5 each to 10 people who own boxes at Anfield'. What are you going to do in that situation? Write them a letter? Stop going to the match? I don't get what a list with some numbers on achieves.

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #148 on: October 15, 2017, 10:34:11 pm »
Well United have been put to bed now, so we move on to a really exciting trip away to Maribor Slovenia.

I cannot say i have had the luxury of spending ages on researching this trip, what to do and where to go, but i did spend a bit of time.

First off, i started here, which gave me a bit of background in history and what to expect about Maribor

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maribor

Highlights:-

Castle - castrum Marchburch, March Castle, just above the city

Maribor was used as a German POW camp for prisoners from Crete

Large percentage of Maribor bombed during war

Joined EU in 2004, Euro single currency in 2007. Schengen treaty 2007. 2012 european capital of culture

Drava river, Maribor island (Mariborski otok)

Two hills, Cavalry hill and Pyramid hill

Good wine region, lots of vineyards

Elevation from hill gives a good view of city and countryside to south over the Drava river

11 districts
    Brezje–Dogoše–Zrkovci
    Center
    Ivan Cankar
    Koroška Vrata
    Magdalena
    Nova Vas
    Pobrežje
    Radvanje
    Studenci
    Tabor
    Tezno

Many historical structures stand in Maribor. Of the remains of city walls surrounding the old downtown, the most prominent are the Judgement Tower, the Water Tower, and the Jewish Tower. Maribor Cathedral was built in the Gothic style in the 13th century. Maribor Synagogue was built in the 14th century, and is the second oldest synagogue of Europe. Today it serves as a centre for cultural activities. Other prominent Medieval buildings are Maribor Castle, Betnava Castle, and the ruins of Upper Maribor Castle on Pyramid Hill.[16] Town Hall was constructed in the Renaissance style, and the Plague Column in the Baroque style.

Some other links

Studenci footbridge
https://maribor-pohorje.si/what-to-do/culture/well-known-buildings-monuments-and-signs-towers-and-bridges/studenci-footbridge.aspx

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2015/jun/06/maribor-slovenia-new-flight-city-break-wine-food

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/destinations/europe/slovenia/articles/Maribor-Slovenia-a-cultural-city-guide/

https://www.slovenia.info/en/places-to-go/cities/maribor-and-pohorje

https://maribor-pohorje.si/best-choice.aspx

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attractions-g274874-Activities-Maribor_Styria_Region.html

Basically sounds like lots of good wine, great beer, good food and a beautifully setting for a city in Slovenia. I cannot wait. Lets hope we get the win too.

Offline jdirckze

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #149 on: October 16, 2017, 07:08:36 am »
Strong winds forecast across North West England later-just hope our flight isn't cancelled !

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: October 16, 2017, 10:46:33 am »
Safe travels everyone!! Specially those who come from UK, hoepfully your flights will not be cancelled.

See you in Vienna tonight and Maribor tomorrow!! Cant wait ;)

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
  • Spread the faith - YNWA !!!
    • OLSC - France
« Reply #151 on: October 16, 2017, 11:05:14 am »
www.liverpoolfrance.com - The home of Liverpool fans in France.

Get down to 1 of our 2 pubs in Paris, Lush Bar or Kop Bar, for all the Red's games on the tele :
http://www.liverpoolfrance.com/ou-voir-les-reds/

TRADE COUNT WHEN WE HAD A TICKET EXCHANGE : 24

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #152 on: October 16, 2017, 12:00:01 pm »
Safe travels everyone!! Specially those who come from UK, hoepfully your flights will not be cancelled.

See you in Vienna tonight and Maribor tomorrow!! Cant wait ;)
See you tonight in Vienna Estonia  ;D

Offline stevejd63

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #153 on: October 16, 2017, 02:47:20 pm »
Sat outside in a bar in Maribor. Anyone not set off yet should bring their shorts. Weathers gorgeous
How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct.

Offline wosman

• Kopite
  • Done the treble
« Reply #154 on: October 16, 2017, 11:32:43 pm »
Packed some shorts, 0730 Luton to Ljubljana awaits...

Offline MJohnson2

• Legacy Fan
  • Said It's High Green mate, Via Hillsborough please
« Reply #155 on: October 17, 2017, 10:45:11 am »

Any late spares give us a bell 07943574858

Be in Maribor around 3pm
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MattyJohnson8

Offline firing squad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: October 17, 2017, 04:31:13 pm »
Anyone in the Patrick's Irish Pub in Poštna 10 street?  I'm here and there are lots of Scousers too.  Even managed to get a ticket(hooe it's genuine lol).

Offline willfc

• Kopite
    • Anfield 96 blog
« Reply #157 on: October 17, 2017, 05:54:52 pm »
At 19.30 there will be a police escort from the Gradski Square to the stadium for @LFC fans.
"I told my players during the break: Since we're here anyway, we might actually play a bit of football." - Jurgen Klopp

Offline SKITTLE

• Legacy Fan
  • One of the "older" brigade.
« Reply #158 on: October 17, 2017, 10:38:53 pm »
Think it's a toss up between Bucharest and Udinese for coldness - Ludogrets was almost tropical in comparison 😊

Sorry guys, but Levski away was reported to be -28 degrees with the wind chill factor. My banner froze and I couldn't raise my arms above my head, cramping up, to untie it after the game. I think it was the next morning before I warmed up.
Been there,done that,getting older,bordering on part timer status. So sad but that's life.

Offline SwedenRed

• It's time we stopped mocking the afflicted. Being an England fan in Sweden is punishment enough :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: October 18, 2017, 01:42:35 pm »
What a cracking trip this was... all the regulars were there... we are seriously an ageing breed! Haha