Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
News and Current Affairs / Re: Labour Thread * No Gaza *
« Last post by Red Beret on Today at 11:11:24 am »
What annoys me is the, thats another operator ask them however]I will miss Mersey Rail, probably my favourite company ever.  Labour should shoulod use them as an example of how you do it.

A warning though, Welsh Labour run TfW and they are fucking shit.

Merseyrail is about as close a thing the country has to a nationalised rail network. Everything is done in house, including track maintenance, and with the new 777 trains, Merseyrail owns their rail stock outright instead of leasing it. It's certainly not perfect by any means - especially the way they can massage the figures when it comes to cancellations and punctuality - but there are certainly worse operators out there.

I think TfW's biggest problem is they have lousy rolling stock for the most part, so it doesn't matter who is running it. Northern has a similar problem. I saw a YT mini-documentary suggesting a lot of their trains got pulled because they're just not good enough.

I imagine the Merseyrail brand will survive renationalisation though. :thumbup
General Football and Sport / Re: Everton - The 777 Unflushables
« Last post by DonkeyWan on Today at 11:11:13 am »
Of course. The euphoria won't last long for them. It never does. It will paper over a few cracks this morning, but the overall picture for them is very bleak. Last night was a bit like the last twitch of a dying man.

Like jerking off from the deck of the Titanic onto the iceberg.
He just needs to stop blasting the ball when he gets a chance, he didn't get signed by Liverpool because he just blasted the ball all the way through his career, it's clearly a mentality issue

Darwin clearly has positive attributes, but finishing isn't one of them. An Owen or a Fowler would hit the corner of the goal 9 times out of 10 with a chance like the one Darwin had last night. Being a cool finisher of chances used to be the main characteristic you would look for in an striker. Nowadays it is all about having pace and power and then just hoping everything else falls into place. Having pace and power gets you into those positions, but it doesn't mean you can finish a decent amount of them.
Ederson at Atalanta impressed me other week, and his stats look favourable for a powerful midfield option.

Hard to scout I imagine, as Atalanta’s system is a bit batshit.
Thinking more on possible 9's and as someone who doesn't watch Serie A - what is Vlahovic like as a player? Would be be an option for our attack?

No ive seen him play and not for us.
News and Current Affairs / Re: Labour Thread * No Gaza *
« Last post by LuverlyRita on Today at 11:09:31 am »
They don't have a choice on that. The public is lukewarm on the EU, thanks to the hysterical rantings of the right wing press.
Is the public lukewarm or is it the case that the proprieters of the right wing media and the current right wing government are the ones suggesting a continuing anti-EU agenda when in reality attitudes have changed?
Many of the leave voters seemed unsure what they were voting for at the time but will now tell you that they didn't vote for this. I bet that if you could round up those who would now change their vote if the question was asked again, the shift would be towards Remain. Many of the leave voters were elderly and are now no longer around. Young people tend to be pro-EU and many who were not entitled to vote then will have a vote now. 
Thinking more on possible 9's and as someone who doesn't watch Serie A - what is Vlahovic like as a player? Would be be an option for our attack?
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: The Indomitable Ibou
« Last post by Cormack Snr on Today at 11:09:04 am »
His confidence is shot, playing one week, getting dropped, injured, not playing well, injured again, back in team, dropped again and then brought back.
Long term for me Quansah is a more reliable player, all Konate wanted to do last night was pass it back to the nearest player.
In life the same person can be on top of the world one minute and down in the dumps the next, it is a mental thing.
You could say the same about our team, only a little while ago we were leading and dominating Utd in the cup with the pundit saying how good we are and how we suffocate teams, the next thing we couldn't score and then Utd get back in the game and we have really gone down hill since then.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: The Title Race 2023/24- Jurgen's Last Dance
« Last post by Macc77 on Today at 11:08:22 am »
We still kind of wobbled on, but since that protest the fans have gone. Me and my mates were saying that it wasn't the same once he was off.

The silence and the protest stopped the fans from getting behind the manager and the team. That hasn't returned. Not sure if you were at Goodison yesterday, but the Everton fans singing our Support was fucking shite weren't wrong. We were pretty silent. Any backing at Anfield - where we lost twice and any backing yesterday - where we lost again didn't come back.

We were shite. Klopp is off. We had momentum in the team. That's gone. We have no support from the stands.

Not sure I can be even arsed going to the last two games at Anfield. What's the fucking point?

I think the two stages combined makes more sense. After the announcement I think the mood was pretty much "let's get this done now" and the Luton game (for example) was very much Anfield at its best chasing down the winner at 1-1, and then of course Wembley. There was still very much a feeling that we could compete for a title at that stage, and in the short term the announcement seemed to galvanise everyone

But I agree, it was built on momentum, and once it shifted the reality of him leaving and this era coming to an end changed the mood quickly, and the Atalanta home game marked a sea change off the field.

I think on the field it's never been the same since the Utd cup tie. We'd been on a run, the team was starting to give the vibe that it was unbeatable, then it lost, and lost at the worst place. It all changed, the momentum and confidence had gone.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: The Title Race 2023/24- Jurgen's Last Dance
« Last post by filopastry on Today at 11:07:59 am »
Its actually amazing, in a painful way, just how few players are in any kind of form at present, I doubt there are many players at present that any of us feel confident about putting in a good 8/10 performance at the start of a game, a lot of players

Just a very painful way to end the Klopp era, he deserves a hell of a lot better.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10