Author Topic: Anfield Road Redevelopment  (Read 306138 times)

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
Re: Anfield Road Redevelopment
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2016, 12:51:55 pm »
They aren't arsed about that.

Unless they are rich business men, and willing to spend their expense account on overpriced food, drink and tat in the Club shop or once inside the ground.

Those are the fans (clients!) the club likes to pander to and cater for most.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2016, 12:58:53 pm »
I get all that, Mate. Just don't see why the timeline for all of this should be a hindrance, and why the club can't be a bit frugal with it's transfer budget (what's £5m a season!) over the next 5 years to get it paid off quicker.

I don't get that either.  In the long term they'll get the money back and then start making a profit. My understanding of economics isn't great but I can't see what the issue is.  I know it's £4m a year that could be spent elsewhere but that just doesn't sound a lot. 

I don't understand why they're so reluctant to cross subsidise. 

I'd love it if FSG allowed the fans to buy shares, but I just can't see them wanting to do that.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 01:00:34 pm by SuperWool075 »
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2016, 01:04:40 pm »
I know very little about the clubs finances (as I'm about to show ;)) but if the new TV rights deal kicks in next season and that is about £90m and we get in the Champions League which is about £40m for qualification then surely that would help to build a new stand? That's not even mentioning any sponsorship we get for it or the money not spent on transfers this summer.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2016, 01:10:03 pm »
If someone could take a moment to explain to me what they've done wrong this time?

In the last thread, people were moaning because JWH said they may not be able to afford the ARE. Supporters were up in arms about the lack of "vision" and we had a detailed debate about supporter investment, with those on the Anti-FSG side of the coin being all for it.

Now our CEO has come out and directly said that its a discussion they could have, and still we're not happy?

I genuinely cannot see how they can do right by us in the eyes of some.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2016, 01:10:53 pm »
What Ayre is saying is that the owners are effectively taking their ball home after being slapped on the wrist over absurd ticket price increases last year.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2016, 01:10:54 pm »
It seems the Anfield Road end expansion was the carrot dangled in front of supporters eyes to make it more palatable the new main stand would have less than 50% general admission tickets.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2016, 01:11:41 pm »
I reckon a sponsored ARE would make great business sense, think about it,its the only part of the ground with the iconic name 'Anfield' mentioned.

Sure plenty of sponsors would love to put their name to that sort of association!

In money and investment terms I have to admit I haven't got a clue what such a deal would be worth to us, but surely a option to help pay for a new ARE.

Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2016, 01:12:41 pm »
If someone could take a moment to explain to me what they've done wrong this time?

They promised King Klopp they'd come round every Monday evening to polish his balls but as yet they've failed to come through on this promise.

According to Broughton anyway.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2017, 01:19:45 pm »
Just an update from Sunday’s SC meeting.

Andrew Parkinson gave a review of the ARE which at any particular point sounded like there was going to be a ‘but….” coming. However, without giving any detail or dates he said the planning for the ARE continues and that they are trying to work out its configuration still. He did mention the numbers 62,000/63,000 which was interesting (see my comment later). It sounded like the MS needed to be completed, plus some other changes in the ground (see below) before they will get on with the ARE. The MS won’t be finally complete until the ‘spring’.

The Club’s disabled provision remains well behind where it should be and the deadline the PL gave Clubs was this summer to sort - LFC are endeavouring to achieve this within that timetable and it means the provision of approximately 50 more disabled spaces. He mentioned the ARE and Centenary (mostly) as places where this work would be done and that it will probably need to displace 500 seats all told and these seats will need to be found elsewhere. Clearly this means disruption in the close season. He took the view that if they had a plan, had started on it and had disclosed it to the PL and authorities they would probably be given some extra time if need be.

The 62,000/63,000 was mentioned way back in the press and there is also the suggestion that the Corpy’s view on infrastructure might be mellowing over the 60,000 plus provision due to EFC's anticipated removal to the windy rubbish tips at the docks - speculation but interesting.

I did not get the impression that we were getting told outright lies, more it was not wanting to put dates, numbers or detail on any of it and becoming hostages to fortune.

I think they struggle to do more than one or two things at once - so they want to complete the MS, they now have this 500 seat challenge for wheelchair access and as these peter out they will start looking more closely at the ARE.

This can change of course - it buys owners who may not be here in the medium term more time before they bail and who knows then. Key to the ARE is what types of tickets it will contain.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2017, 01:29:02 pm »
Said for a while now I'd really not be surprised to see an Anny Rd End which takes capacity higher than the previously mentioned 60k.

Cheers for the info Graham.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2017, 04:41:16 pm »
Said for a while now I'd really not be surprised to see an Anny Rd End which takes capacity higher than the previously mentioned 60k.

Cheers for the info Graham.
Wouldn't that provide less return on investment though??
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline MindGuerrillas

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2017, 06:15:31 pm »
The Club’s disabled provision remains well behind where it should be and the deadline the PL gave Clubs was this summer to sort - LFC are endeavouring to achieve this within that timetable and it means the provision of approximately 50 more disabled spaces. He mentioned the ARE and Centenary (mostly) as places where this work would be done and that it will probably need to displace 500 seats all told and these seats will need to be found elsewhere. Clearly this means disruption in the close season.

It seems that similar work to this is being carried out at Old Trafford too. There's a pretty substantial change behind the goal there. Looks like there will be a sizeable drop in capacity once this is done.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/10740863/united-outline-new-seating-plan

« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 06:17:35 pm by MindGuerrillas »

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2017, 09:17:32 pm »

Andrew Parkinson gave a review of the ARE which at any particular point sounded like there was going to be a ‘but….” coming. However, without giving any detail or dates he said the planning for the ARE continues and that they are trying to work out its configuration still. He did mention the numbers 62,000/63,000 which was interesting (see my comment later). It sounded like the MS needed to be completed, plus some other changes in the ground (see below) before they will get on with the ARE. The MS won’t be finally complete until the ‘spring’.

The Club’s disabled provision remains well behind where it should be and the deadline the PL gave Clubs was this summer to sort - LFC are endeavouring to achieve this within that timetable and it means the provision of approximately 50 more disabled spaces. He mentioned the ARE and Centenary (mostly) as places where this work would be done and that it will probably need to displace 500 seats all told and these seats will need to be found elsewhere. Clearly this means disruption in the close season. He took the view that if they had a plan, had started on it and had disclosed it to the PL and authorities they would probably be given some extra time if need be.

The 62,000/63,000 was mentioned way back in the press and there is also the suggestion that the Corpy’s view on infrastructure might be mellowing over the 60,000 plus provision due to EFC's anticipated removal to the windy rubbish tips at the docks - speculation but interesting.

I did not get the impression that we were getting told outright lies, more it was not wanting to put dates, numbers or detail on any of it and becoming hostages to fortune.

I think they struggle to do more than one or two things at once - so they want to complete the MS, they now have this 500 seat challenge for wheelchair access and as these peter out they will start looking more closely at the ARE.

This can change of course - it buys owners who may not be here in the medium term more time before they bail and who knows then. Key to the ARE is what types of tickets it will contain.

Encouraging news without being overly optimistic, it would be interesting to see what impact (if any) Everton's proposed development has on the owners desire to move forward.
We are Loyal Supporters

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2017, 04:16:25 pm »

Great news for our disabled fans - and finally the club will hit it's minimum requirement too. Nice one, and thanks for the update.
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline whiteboots

• Kopite
« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2017, 01:37:50 am »
The elephant in the room is demand versus capacity.

Short term it has suited FSG to raise prices on the undeveloped Anfield as demand always exceeds supply. It is free money. The new Main Stand has only increased capacity for "ordinary" fans by around 4,500, keeping the demand surplus high.

A new stand delivers over 40 -50 years. The Club and the PL is not short of cash. The enhanced revenues also lift the value of the Club at sale.

There is also  a matter of pride. I like the fact that Spurs are deliberately building  a single tier end, which will be the largest in the country, and delivering an overall capacity set at just over Arsenal's. That sort of one upmanship can be infectious.

Offline RedorRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2017, 08:20:22 am »
Spot on...... every inch of the new White Hart Lane is being used to maximise revenue. Why pay a brewery for their beer when you can build your own micro brewery in the ground! Which is what they're doing. One of the walls is going to be the tallest climbing wall in Europe. They're showing real ambition..... we've got a stand and no real idea if anything else is going to happen?

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2017, 10:07:53 am »
There is also  a matter of pride. I like the fact that Spurs are deliberately building  a single tier end, which will be the largest in the country, and delivering an overall capacity set at just over Arsenal's. That sort of one upmanship can be infectious.

It's pointless dick waving.

Spot on...... every inch of the new White Hart Lane is being used to maximise revenue. Why pay a brewery for their beer when you can build your own micro brewery in the ground! Which is what they're doing. One of the walls is going to be the tallest climbing wall in Europe. They're showing real ambition..... we've got a stand and no real idea if anything else is going to happen?

Why pay a brewery? You realise the club gets paid by Carlsberg for them to supply beer inside Anfield? I highly doubt taking up valuable space within Anfield for a micro brewery would create anywhere near the sorts of profits to make it worth both losing valuable retail space and one of the largest sponsorship deals.

Not sure what you mean by the last sentence? We've got a stand and a huge amount of usable corporate, hospitality and retail space - and it didn't cost anywhere near the £750m Spurs new stadium is going to cost.

Offline whiteboots

• Kopite
« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2017, 03:24:32 pm »
It's pointless dick waving.

I disagree. It is about aspiration, being the best. Something that we have largely lost in the past quarter of a century.

A Sky generation has been seduced by specious nonsense from avaricious FD's and CEO's , with one eye on the next balance sheet, and a blind eye to posterity.

LFC is still  the best supported English club by historic home average attendance, yet our capacity has steadily eroded over the years as football attendances  generally have risen, as have the capacities of our competitors to accommodate them. That legacy is being squandered by FSG, and all the post-Taylor  LFC Boards.

Why does the Main Stand have to pay for itself in under five years? Why does the ARE have to pay for itself in fifteen?

Rafa walks away with £12m, we lose £15m on the Carroll sale, we lose £6m on Aquilani, and nobody blinks - but invest in a new stand which pays  us over forty to fifty years and the amateur accountants have heart failure.

The Main Stand now puts us on a par with Championship Newcastle, but behind West Ham, Arsenal, and shortly Spurs then West Ham. If I thought we couldn't fill an expanded ARE then I would accept that. But we can, and I don't.

What should we do? Wait until we know the exact capacities at the new WHL and new Stamford Bridge - and build a thousand seats more. That would take us up to second in the capacities rankings- exactly where we should be.

Online cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2017, 03:31:02 pm »
I disagree. It is about aspiration, being the best. Something that we have largely lost in the past quarter of a century.

A Sky generation has been seduced by specious nonsense from avaricious FD's and CEO's , with one eye on the next balance sheet, and a blind eye to posterity.

LFC is still  the best supported English club by historic home average attendance, yet our capacity has steadily eroded over the years as football attendances  generally have risen, as have the capacities of our competitors to accommodate them. That legacy is being squandered by FSG, and all the post-Taylor  LFC Boards.

Why does the Main Stand have to pay for itself in under five years? Why does the ARE have to pay for itself in fifteen?

Rafa walks away with £12m, we lose £15m on the Carroll sale, we lose £6m on Aquilani, and nobody blinks - but invest in a new stand which pays  us over forty to fifty years and the amateur accountants have heart failure.

The Main Stand now puts us on a par with Championship Newcastle, but behind West Ham, Arsenal, and shortly Spurs then West Ham. If I thought we couldn't fill an expanded ARE then I would accept that. But we can, and I don't.

What should we do? Wait until we know the exact capacities at the new WHL and new Stamford Bridge - and build a thousand seats more. That would take us up to second in the capacities rankings- exactly where we should be.

And what exactly is the point in that? What do we gain apart from some internet fans getting to 'win' an argument over who is a bigger club by citing who has the bigger stadium. We are 'exactly where we should be', in an expanded Anfield not some soulless bowl monstrosity of a new stadium.

I want us to do what is best for us, full stop. We need to get the Anny Road done so we can get more fans in, I couldn't give a shit about Spurs or Chelsea paying a fortune (potentially 4 times as much) for roughly the same number of seats as us.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2017, 03:31:49 pm »

So you can then do what? Ring up your WHU and Chelsea supporting mates and sing some ditty down the phone about how our ground is bigger than your ground, nur nur nur.

As said, dick waving.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: January 26, 2017, 03:35:11 pm »
Dick waving with white boots, that's some kinky shit.

Offline whiteboots

• Kopite
« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2017, 04:50:24 pm »
And what exactly is the point in that? What do we gain apart from some internet fans getting to 'win' an argument over who is a bigger club by citing who has the bigger stadium. We are 'exactly where we should be', in an expanded Anfield not some soulless bowl monstrosity of a new stadium.

I want us to do what is best for us, full stop. We need to get the Anny Road done so we can get more fans in, I couldn't give a shit about Spurs or Chelsea paying a fortune (potentially 4 times as much) for roughly the same number of seats as us.
It provides capacity for our fans. Crazy I know, for a football club.

There can be no greater imperative than providing space for our supporters to see the team play live.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2017, 06:49:01 pm »
God I want this thing built ... i'm around 3000 on the season ticket waiting list!
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #63 on: January 26, 2017, 06:50:21 pm »
God I want this thing built ... i'm around 3000 on the season ticket waiting list!

Only going to be 2990 new STs offered I'm afraid mate.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: January 26, 2017, 06:59:05 pm »
Only going to be 2990 new STs offered I'm afraid mate.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ee925OTFBCA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ee925OTFBCA</a>
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Online God's Left Peg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: January 26, 2017, 08:41:16 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ee925OTFBCA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ee925OTFBCA</a>

Fuck me :lmao
"The socialism I believe in is everybody working for the same goal and everybody having a share in the rewards. That's how I see football, that's how I see life."

Offline lego

• my ego
  • No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #66 on: March 13, 2017, 06:05:14 pm »
Summer announcement planned

62k total

Online exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #67 on: March 13, 2017, 06:07:19 pm »

62k total

Bit left-field.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #68 on: March 13, 2017, 06:09:55 pm »

62k total

Called it!

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #69 on: March 13, 2017, 06:10:06 pm »
Bit left-field.

Well it depends on where you are on the pitch really.
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: March 13, 2017, 06:35:17 pm »

62k total
Source?

Or atleast let a mod know how you know so they can back up your judgement as valid...

Yes?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: March 13, 2017, 06:56:42 pm »
Seems to be a twitter rumour from a journalist called Alex miller...@alexmiller73

I would take with a huge pinch of salt..
W

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #72 on: March 13, 2017, 07:16:19 pm »
Seems to be a twitter rumour from a journalist called Alex miller...@alexmiller73

I would take with a huge pinch of salt..

He's come across fairly clued up during the Main expansion so he seems fairly reliable.

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: March 13, 2017, 07:33:40 pm »
That would be fantastic news if true, 62k anfield perfect.

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #74 on: March 13, 2017, 07:58:49 pm »
Can't wait to get all the old main stand development thread ultras back together again. Discussing girder erections, mis-aligned tunnels and snagging. Great bunch of lads they were, think about them all the time. Especially with those Skyscraper city slags mugging us off with their new Tottenham stadium banter.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: March 13, 2017, 08:00:50 pm »
main stand development thread ultras

:lmao
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #76 on: March 13, 2017, 08:02:28 pm »
 :lmao

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #77 on: March 14, 2017, 12:15:05 am »
Without sauce I'm not interested at all.

Put a dab of sauce on and I'll spray my belly with sticky white love piss.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #78 on: March 14, 2017, 04:08:44 am »
Can't wait to get all the old main stand development thread ultras back together again. Discussing girder erections, mis-aligned tunnels and snagging. Great bunch of lads they were, think about them all the time. Especially with those Skyscraper city slags mugging us off with their new Tottenham stadium banter.
[/quote

We shall return...if its not bullshit :-)]
During the recording sessions in Los Angeles, Spector held Johnny at gunpoint, forcing him to repeatedly play a riff.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: March 14, 2017, 04:53:20 am »
Will believe it when I see it, even the guy who posted it on Twitter just said they're "still working towards it".

I was under the impression that once we go past 60,000 we needed to sort out transport issues? And that's why they were looking at 59,000
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012