Author Topic: New Banner Ideas  (Read 1371937 times)

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
Re: New Banner Ideas
« Reply #10720 on: June 4, 2022, 02:48:58 pm »
Hoping to see some banners take aim at the likes of Darmanin when we return to Anfield, regardless of what happens in the meantime. Something like that Pinocchio inspired newspaper cover from France.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #10721 on: June 4, 2022, 06:16:01 pm »
Hoping to see some banners take aim at the likes of Darmanin when we return to Anfield, regardless of what happens in the meantime. Something like that Pinocchio inspired newspaper cover from France.
There isn't a banner big enough to fit that bastard's nose on it.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10722 on: June 4, 2022, 08:36:00 pm »

The Purslow one could be modified easily enough, but as an alternative the Divock Origi one should be ample in length
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10723 on: June 4, 2022, 09:08:29 pm »

Start it on the Kop and have his massive nose wrap around the stands
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #10724 on: June 4, 2022, 09:28:26 pm »
The Purslow one could be modified easily enough, but as an alternative the Divock Origi one should be ample in length

Football Without Pinocchio is Schnozzthing...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Let them hate me, as long as they respect me"
« Reply #10725 on: June 8, 2022, 03:05:13 pm »
On the eyelets question, I don't bother. What I do instead (which is a neater and less unsightly solution) is to sew a sleeve/ seam across the length of the top of the banner, through which I feed a cord which remains in the banner at all times, meaning it is always ready to hang at a moment's notice and you don't have to put up with eyelets ruining the look of your banner.
In a free state there should be freedom of speech and thought.
 Tiberius Caesar Augustus,
Roman Emperor & General (42 BC - 37 AD)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10726 on: June 19, 2022, 07:30:38 pm »
Could some kind person link me to the telescopic flag poles used for the big wavers on the Kop, please?

There are loads on Amazon and suchlike, but I'm hoping someone can point me towards ones they know are decent quality.

Thanks.  :thumbup
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Roughie Scouse

• Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #10727 on: June 23, 2022, 07:46:57 pm »
"Paris is a shit hole"
"There are places I'll remember all my life"  The Beatles,  ISTANBUL 2005

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #10728 on: June 24, 2022, 01:26:44 am »
any suggestions on how to get some eyelets put into my flag?

I'm assuming hole punching my own holes is a bad idea as it'll just eventually tear apart. i'm trying to find a local tailor to do something but they all seem to be oddly busy  :o
I know this is very late in the day J mate but it reminds me of me trying to put them into mine, I had a hammer out and all sorts. Eventually did it cack handed ;D
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #10729 on: June 24, 2022, 01:27:17 am »
On the eyelets question, I don't bother. What I do instead (which is a neater and less unsightly solution) is to sew a sleeve/ seam across the length of the top of the banner, through which I feed a cord which remains in the banner at all times, meaning it is always ready to hang at a moment's notice and you don't have to put up with eyelets ruining the look of your banner.
The expert has spoken.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #10730 on: June 24, 2022, 01:29:55 am »
Could some kind person link me to the telescopic flag poles used for the big wavers on the Kop, please?

There are loads on Amazon and suchlike, but I'm hoping someone can point me towards ones they know are decent quality.

Thanks.  :thumbup

Most of the ones on Amazon are sound mate. One of the best people to ask is Hoppy or Stoz they have done them for a long time. I don't think Hoppy does them anymore but he will definitely be able to point you in the right direction mate.

I've bought 3-4 poles but they are left down by the Kop as are a couple flags I've made. When it's a big European game it's great to see that my flag has been handed out but obviously I'm not sure who is using my poles.

They are the telescopic poles from memory but as I say I can't remember the exact size I had to purchase. It needs to be quite lengthy to get the flag high and above the fans. Hoppy/Stoz will know for sure though mate. Good luck with it!

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10731 on: June 24, 2022, 03:17:22 am »
Most of the ones on Amazon are sound mate. One of the best people to ask is Hoppy or Stoz they have done them for a long time. I don't think Hoppy does them anymore but he will definitely be able to point you in the right direction mate.

I've bought 3-4 poles but they are left down by the Kop as are a couple flags I've made. When it's a big European game it's great to see that my flag has been handed out but obviously I'm not sure who is using my poles.

They are the telescopic poles from memory but as I say I can't remember the exact size I had to purchase. It needs to be quite lengthy to get the flag high and above the fans. Hoppy/Stoz will know for sure though mate. Good luck with it!

Thanks for the reply. 😎👍 Much appreciated.

I'll probably try one from Amazon then.

Cheers.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10732 on: September 2, 2022, 10:54:50 am »
Watched a documentary about a Japanese jeans company this week and on their wall, they had a remake of the Californian flag with a cat on it (they're called - TCB - The Cat Brand). We actually mocked that up on here the night of the Anfield cat - maybe we should sue them?
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10733 on: September 5, 2022, 09:31:34 am »
Nice one Mark Imperator  :wellin

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/tk1qgOJjYVc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/tk1qgOJjYVc</a>

Offline red_man123

• Kemlynite
« Reply #10734 on: October 31, 2023, 02:21:13 pm »
Going to try and keep this in line with recent moderation as possible.

We had a banner made 5ftx3ft with the words "C******** now" for the Forest game.

From what I understand the police gave the okay to the banner but the stewards turned it away.

What are the avenues to take to get this in? I don't see how it contravenes the FA/PL rules as it depicts no national flags.

If this post is a step too far then I really do despair in the identity of this club.

(No need to lock the thread just message me and i'll remove)

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10735 on: October 31, 2023, 02:38:31 pm »

We had a banner made 5ftx3ft with the words "C******** now" for the Forest game.

From what I understand the police gave the okay to the banner but the stewards turned it away.

What are the avenues to take to get this in? I don't see how it contravenes the FA/PL rules as it depicts no national flags.

If this post is a step too far then I really do despair in the identity of this club.

I think it will be to far. Rawk has had a similar policy to the club on the situation.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10736 on: October 31, 2023, 03:17:35 pm »

I think it'd fall under the 'related to the current crisis' part of the guidelines:

In addition to Anfield's long-standing flag policy, and following consultation with safety and security experts, it has been determined that Israeli and Palestinian flags should not be permitted to be displayed at football matches for the foreseeable future and the same approach can be applied to other displays, banners, clothing or scarves identified as pro-Israeli or pro-Palestinian or related to the current crisis.

even though yours is clearly not taking a side, think they're just blanket banning all of it so there's no loopholes.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10737 on: October 31, 2023, 03:22:35 pm »
I think it will be to far. Rawk has had a similar policy to the club on the situation.

We tried to leave the discussion up, but unfortunately the thread got out of control and some really horrible things were posted. If people can't self moderate on things like news topics, we can't just let it run and it was taking a toll having to moderate it.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #10738 on: October 31, 2023, 07:13:15 pm »
        STOP THE
         GENESIS
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline mercurial

• Legacy Fan
  • Lost my mind, let me know if you spot it
« Reply #10739 on: October 31, 2023, 07:21:27 pm »
A banner for Luis would be a nice gesture.
Kenny: "We play the way we want to play. We play to the style that suits us, no disrespect to other clubs but we don't focus on anybody else"

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #10740 on: October 31, 2023, 08:13:56 pm »
A banner for Luis would be a nice gesture.

It would, mate. Though at the moment there is no guarantee anything like these would be allowed in...

and the club have unfortunately proven themselves to be utter pricks over Imperator and confiscating his Endo flag (and other fan flags last Saturday), are unwilling to apologise, having decided to double-down instead... and now withdrawn permission for ANY of his flags to be flown in the Main Stand':-

www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=354632.msg19139408#msg19139408
https://twitter.com/KopCraftsman
https://old.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/17ki5ww/lynch_liverpool_have_contacted_a_supporter_to/
www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=112969.msg19137108#msg19137108
https://old.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/17kn70r/handmade_banners_update_you_may_have_seen

Edit: Re Imperator and his Endo flag being confiscated at the match on Saturday vs Forest:-

'My @wataru0209 banner has been confiscated on the way into Turnstile S today by a Mr Paul Hudson & an @LFC steward named Terry #37. The grounds stated were that the FA has issued a blanket ban on "nationalistic flags" at all stadia. 1) A national flag is not "nationalistic" 2) ...' - https://twitter.com/KopCraftsman/status/1718618989079765287

'UPDATE: You may have seen reported that the club have apologised to me. This is NOT the case. They apologised only for the grounds stated. They have now withdrawn permission for ANY of my flags to be flown in the Main Stand.' - https://twitter.com/KopCraftsman/status/1719308276716716518

« Last Edit: November 1, 2023, 11:25:32 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #10742 on: November 1, 2023, 08:56:38 am »
        STOP THE
         GENESIS
I don't think any pro-Peter Gabriel banners are allowed inside the ground.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Kloppage Time

• Anny Roader
  • ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠⊙⁠_⁠ʖ⁠⊙⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯
« Reply #10743 on: November 1, 2023, 09:29:02 am »
Could be worse…….

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/oct/31/celtic-ban-green-brigade-fans-group-from-attending-home-matches

You don't think that's an over reaction? If LFC felt an incident stemmed from a section of Anfield populated by the Liverpool Supporters Club would it be appropriate to ban all members?
Anyone can have a good day, but you have to be able to perform on a bad day.

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10744 on: November 1, 2023, 10:40:50 am »
You don't think that's an over reaction? If LFC felt an incident stemmed from a section of Anfield populated by the Liverpool Supporters Club would it be appropriate to ban all members?

Celtic's decision to ban them isn't based on one incident. They've been back and forth with the Green Brigade for years.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #10745 on: November 1, 2023, 05:14:27 pm »
Handmade Banners now being blocked from taking any of his banners into the main stand

https://twitter.com/KopCraftsman/status/1719744031989649868?t=82ImTfhStUsdMC0rWI4IUQ&s=19

Club are now citing health and safety and they are too big

Offline Baby Huey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10746 on: November 1, 2023, 05:18:38 pm »
Handmade Banners now being blocked from taking any of his banners into the main stand

https://twitter.com/KopCraftsman/status/1719744031989649868?t=82ImTfhStUsdMC0rWI4IUQ&s=19

That's vindictive, imo. Because he wouldn't kowtow to the club.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #10747 on: November 1, 2023, 06:09:14 pm »

The club really are embarrassing themselves over this.

"Sorry" really is the hardest word for them - so instead they double-down on Imperator.

Social media often gets a bad rap... and deservedly so at times... but it is truly heart-warming to see so much support and solidarity with Imperator on this.
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline LFConor

• Kopite
  • Believer
« Reply #10748 on: November 1, 2023, 06:54:45 pm »
Should not have a single banner or flag next home game in protest to this nonsense
"If the supporters like me, it's not half as much as I like them"
Kenny Dalglish - 6/2/2011

6 European Cups and 19 Leagues thats what we call history

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10749 on: November 1, 2023, 07:16:36 pm »
The club really are embarrassing themselves over this.
They really are. God knows what they'd have made of the Spion Kop in its pomp.

The club should be encouraging flags all over the ground. The more colour and noise the better. I hate the way one of the most famous grounds in world football has become so horribly sanitized and conformist these days. It's pathetic.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10750 on: November 1, 2023, 07:18:55 pm »
Why are the club being such dickheads about this?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10751 on: November 1, 2023, 07:22:51 pm »
That's a fucking disgrace. c*nts.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10752 on: November 1, 2023, 07:35:54 pm »
Hard to come up with words about this really. It's utterly disgusting treatment.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10753 on: November 1, 2023, 07:43:36 pm »
Wow, utterly cuntish of the club  :wanker
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #10754 on: November 1, 2023, 07:44:04 pm »
STOP BEING DICKHEADS
*6 stars underneath*

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #10755 on: November 1, 2023, 07:49:35 pm »
I hope he sends an invoice to the club for £1m for 7 years of countless advertising

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10756 on: November 1, 2023, 08:13:50 pm »
Just another in the long list of own goals by FSG.

Offline Kloppage Time

• Anny Roader
  • ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠⊙⁠_⁠ʖ⁠⊙⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯
« Reply #10757 on: November 1, 2023, 08:40:42 pm »
The flag thing stems from outside the club, government doesn't want to be embarrassed by the populous, huge pressure being applied
Anyone can have a good day, but you have to be able to perform on a bad day.

Jurgen Klopp

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #10758 on: November 1, 2023, 08:42:09 pm »
The flag thing stems from outside the club, government doesn't want to be embarrassed by the populous, huge pressure being applied

For the Israel/Palestine stuff that might be true but I refuse to believe the league/FA are on the line to the club saying 'get that fucking Endo flag down now!'  ;D

You can understand the league/clubs alike wanting to stay out of that stuff but the rest of the flags too? I'm thinking that's the club ... for some reason.

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10759 on: November 1, 2023, 08:44:22 pm »
Needs addressing immediately - a club world famed for its banners and flags banning flags and banners. Club can get to fuck on this one….needs calling out and challenging.