Author Topic: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *  (Read 2872083 times)

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World
« Reply #23440 on: June 30, 2022, 03:10:32 am »
Regardless of the contract situation he starts every game for us. If he leaves on a free then so be it, he'll leave as one of the greatest ever to play for this club. Dont think I'd grudge him a move either. If we cannot reach a compromise on the contract, then its a reasonable impasse. We have a wage structure in place and breaking it to sign someone for 3-4 more years while jeopardising all future contract negotiations isnt a great trade-off. He'll have someone pay what he wants surely and he'll do well while we'll find someone to eventually fill the crater he leaves.
The biggest difference between now and the Torres/Suarez era was that even though Mo has carried a lot of the goalscoring load, we dont quite have the feel of a one or two player team like we did with Torres/Suarez. We could potentially have a dip for a year but we'll eventually find a long term solution where breaking our structure would only postpone this same event for another 3-4 years.
I'd still rather he signs on, but I am not quite desolate about the opposite prospect either.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #23441 on: June 30, 2022, 08:39:24 am »
I just don't want it hanging over the club all season. Every press conference will start with some bellend like Vinny O'Conner asking about Salah's contract.

And Klopp will tell Vinny to go home and get his fucking shine box.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23442 on: June 30, 2022, 09:27:29 am »
I just don't want it hanging over the club all season. Every press conference will start with some bellend like Vinny O'Conner asking about Salah's contract.

A few deaths stares from Jurgen will put a stop to that.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #23443 on: June 30, 2022, 09:40:16 am »
And Klopp will tell Vinny to go home and get his fucking shine box.

Excellent reference - gave me a chuckle

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #23444 on: June 30, 2022, 11:20:08 am »
He met up with Gini on holiday in the Maldives last night, let's hope Gini was telling him how shite life is at PSG despite the extra cash.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23445 on: June 30, 2022, 12:25:30 pm »
He met up with Gini on holiday in the Maldives last night, let's hope Gini was telling him how shite life is at PSG despite the extra cash.

Nah - they talked about how awesome it is to run down contracts and get that sweet sweet signing on bonus from the next team and 300K+ salary per week.

Offline dutchkop

• has an issue with his phlemish phalange (bunch of jackals, leave him alone).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23446 on: June 30, 2022, 12:50:27 pm »
it is amazing on how many of these high paid contract extensions (or Bosmans) have hurt clubs and only enriched the players - for players at end of contracts.
Bale Madrid - his 6 year deal at 600k a week
Griesman, Messi, Suarez at Barca
Ramsey Juventus

any other  examples?

I think Salah is 400K plus a week - plus linked to social media and image rights

Quote from:
Nah - they talked about how awesome it is to run down contracts and get that sweet sweet signing on bonus from the next team and 300K+ salary per week.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 12:53:02 pm by dutchkop »

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #23447 on: June 30, 2022, 01:08:40 pm »

I think we know where we stand now, which is pretty much where we always stood. At least I feel the will he/won't he stuff should be out of our minds now even if the press try to put it back in.

Mo will stay a year then go where he chooses. Given Sadio's fee and Mo's slightly higher profile, I suspect we might have had £40m for Mo had he decided to go now.

All in all he has been exceptional value for what we paid for him and we've had his best years.

Let's just concentrate on the football now with the knowledge that Mo will have to perform in 22/23 to win a decent contract off someone.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #23448 on: June 30, 2022, 04:13:35 pm »
it is amazing on how many of these high paid contract extensions (or Bosmans) have hurt clubs and only enriched the players - for players at end of contracts.
Bale Madrid - his 6 year deal at 600k a week
Griesman, Messi, Suarez at Barca
Ramsey Juventus

any other  examples?

I think Salah is 400K plus a week - plus linked to social media and image rights

Quote from:

Auba and Ozil at Arsenal.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #23449 on: June 30, 2022, 05:04:58 pm »
Salah signing (or not) will be huge because that is going to directly affect next summer's transfer budget. If he signs we have the forward position boxed off. If not, we have to get Salah's replacement and a midfielder.

Offline lamad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23450 on: June 30, 2022, 09:43:58 pm »
Let's just concentrate on the football now with the knowledge that Mo will have to perform in 22/23 to win a decent contract off someone.
That is why I don't quite follow those claiming he might take it easy during his possibly last year with us. If he has a crappy season, especially if he does not put much effort into it, then what would that make interested clubs think: will he - and can he - turn it back on for them? He will be 31 next summer and clubs will look at what they can get out of him in the years past thirty and if it does not look like top level then his options might become more limited. He surely will not be out of work, but would it be what is being talked about now? He needs to show he can still make a difference and score and be a threat on the pitch.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #23451 on: June 30, 2022, 09:48:35 pm »
He might well have a verbal agreement somewhere. One that involves him taking it easy and looking after himself.
Can see him missing the CL final if he had to face a Ramos.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline KloppCorn

• Kopite
« Reply #23452 on: June 30, 2022, 10:01:51 pm »
He might well have a verbal agreement somewhere. One that involves him taking it easy and looking after himself.
Got to be fishing?

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23453 on: July 1, 2022, 01:18:39 pm »
Auba and Ozil at Arsenal.
De Gea at Man U (in fact, most Man U contract extensions in the past decade!)

It's very apparent that players renewing their contracts in the final year or running them down is only of benefit to them and to the detriment of the clubs involved.  The signing on fees and inflated wages of picking up a "free" transfer seem to pretty much cancel out the benefits of not paying a transfer fee.  I'm surprised more players don't do it - maybe they worry about being one of those that runs their contract down and then finds nobody is really that bothered about signing them.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #23454 on: July 1, 2022, 01:23:02 pm »

I can't believe that anyone having watched Salah over these last few season would even consider this as possible. The man is a sodding machine who is obsessed by winning things, the idea he will take it easy is just too crazy for words.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #23455 on: July 1, 2022, 02:27:11 pm »
His Agent is up to his usual tricks.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23456 on: July 1, 2022, 02:30:50 pm »
I actually look forward to him leaving and taking the piece of shit agent with him*

*ok I don't really look forward to him leaving but the agent can go fuck himself.

Offline Geezer08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23457 on: July 1, 2022, 02:33:02 pm »
His Agent is up to his usual tricks.

What is new trick up the c*nts sleeve?

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #23458 on: July 1, 2022, 02:34:45 pm »
What is new trick up the c*nts sleeve?

Tweeting another laughing emoji.

Cryptic bullshit.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #23459 on: July 1, 2022, 02:38:44 pm »
The toxicity around his renewal should never gone to these lengths
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23460 on: July 1, 2022, 02:54:42 pm »
Personally think, we should be looking to move Salah on and get about £70m if at all possible, don't think that this will happen though

Will be a full Scale circus next season, with this dickhead whoring Salah to all and sundry and tweeting about it. Think he'll still be trying the same on the pitch, but every week there will be a story with this dickhead, creating noise in the background

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23461 on: July 1, 2022, 03:00:24 pm »
Obviously Salah hasn't bothered his arse to tell his agent to stop being a knobend then
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23462 on: July 1, 2022, 03:01:36 pm »
Personally think, we should be looking to move Salah on and get about £70m if at all possible, don't think that this will happen though

Will be a full Scale circus next season, with this dickhead whoring Salah to all and sundry and tweeting about it. Think he'll still be trying the same on the pitch, but every week there will be a story with this dickhead, creating noise in the background

People need to remember that the agent is a dickhead - but Salah isn't stopping it in the least.

In a very loose way it's like the misplaced idea that Son (spurs) is a very clean player when he's actually a snide little prick - just because he smiles a lot and seems so friendly.

Salah always smiles and seems so friendly (and no doubt does lot of good for his village etc.) - but nothing his agent does isn't approved by Salah.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #23463 on: July 1, 2022, 03:06:21 pm »
Also we're never getting £70m, look what Mane went for.  Wouldn't be higher than £50m and even that might be a stretch.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #23464 on: July 1, 2022, 03:07:29 pm »
but nothing his agent does isn't approved by Salah.

Absolute load of shite that mate.

You really think his agent runs every little thing via Salah to get his approval including a tweet of a laughing face?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23465 on: July 1, 2022, 03:08:51 pm »
If it winds people up so much, how about ignoring his agent?  :D

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23466 on: July 1, 2022, 03:09:12 pm »

You really think his agent runs every little thing via Salah to get his approval including a tweet of a laughing face?

it's obviously not the first time his agent has got on like a prick. I'd have thought Salah would've said after the first time "Any chance you could stop being a bellend on Twitter mate?"
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23467 on: July 1, 2022, 03:10:06 pm »
Obviously Salah hasn't bothered his arse to tell his agent to stop being a knobend then

Exactly.

This is what people see to be overlooking. Surely the agent being employed by Salah is operating according to his instructions.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #23468 on: July 1, 2022, 03:10:40 pm »
it's obviously not the first time his agent has got on like a prick. I'd have thought Salah would've said after the first time "Any chance you could stop being a bellend on Twitter mate?"

True, and he may have, but at same time I doubt he's losing his shit over a laughing emoji and not sure why anyone else is either.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #23469 on: July 1, 2022, 03:11:30 pm »
is operating according to his instructions.

Yeah I can see it now, Salah on his lilo in Greece giving his agent a text to tell him to put out a laughing emoji tweet.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23470 on: July 1, 2022, 03:15:18 pm »

Come on - you know that his agent acts like this all the time. Salah isn't doing a thing to stop it.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23471 on: July 1, 2022, 03:16:02 pm »
Yeah I can see it now, Salah on his lilo in Greece giving his agent a text to tell him to put out a laughing emoji tweet.

certainly isn't going to tell him to take it down either, is he?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23472 on: July 1, 2022, 03:17:02 pm »
Exactly.

This is what people see to be overlooking. Surely the agent being employed by Salah is operating according to his instructions.

No, it's got  nothing to do with that, some of us just don't care and cannot understand why others allow themselves get to wound up by some daft arse agent.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #23473 on: July 1, 2022, 03:19:46 pm »
No, it's got  nothing to do with that, some of us just don't care and cannot understand why others allow themselves get to wound up by some daft arse agent.

Can I unfollow this thread. It keeps appearing on my 'updated posts' . And I can't resist coming in, to see some news. But it's worse  , ten times worse than the transfer thread.
Once every dozen pages we might get a six pack pick , but even that isn't enough to warrant time in here.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #23474 on: July 1, 2022, 03:20:17 pm »
Come on - you know that his agent acts like this all the time. Salah isn't doing a thing to stop it.

likely cos he doesn’t give a shit.

His agent is there to get him the most money he can and the best sponsorship deals, and the best bonuses.

So long as he does that, job done. High profile agents are generally vermin, his just happens to be one that is also active on twitter. If he wasn’t, he’s still be a dickhead.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #23475 on: July 1, 2022, 03:25:29 pm »

Because they want a world class player to stay and not have the circus that surrounds it.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23476 on: July 1, 2022, 03:29:55 pm »
likely cos he doesn’t give a shit.

His agent is there to get him the most money he can and the best sponsorship deals, and the best bonuses.

So long as he does that, job done. High profile agents are generally vermin, his just happens to be one that is also active on twitter. If he wasn’t, he’s still be a dickhead.

No doubt. Him being active and prick on twitter is what annoys people - the same people that pay money to watch salah, pay for clothing with his name and number, etc. etc. You can see why they would be pissed off.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23477 on: July 1, 2022, 03:31:09 pm »
Personally, I'd be shopping Salah around now.  This is going to be a massive distraction and could be detrimental.  Are you an agent if you have one client ?  The bloke is a twat.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #23478 on: July 1, 2022, 03:32:32 pm »
Personally, I'd be shopping Salah around now.  This is going to be a massive distraction and could be detrimental.  Are you an agent if you have one client ?  The bloke is a twat.

Been saying this all summer about selling him but he might not want to go and just run his contract down then go elsewhere.

Offline NightDancer

• Anny Roader
  • Bleep Bloop Bleep Bloop
« Reply #23479 on: July 1, 2022, 03:33:44 pm »
No doubt. Him being active and prick on twitter is what annoys people - the same people that pay money to watch salah, pay for clothing with his name and number, etc. etc. You can see why they would be pissed off.

Then the thing to do if they are that pissed off is buy things with the name of Nunez, Diaz, VVD, TAA etc on them. Less things sold with his name or face on it, means less earning from those things for the player.

Or just buy things with no player's name on them.
What's your pleasure?