Author Topic: PL: Everton 0 vs 0 Liverpool  (Read 41572 times)

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Everton 0 vs 0 Liverpool
« Reply #400 on: June 21, 2020, 09:42:37 pm »
They also have an FA cup game on Sunday against Newcastle at St James’ Park which is between the Chelsea game and against us. We’ll have had a weeks rest after getting our eye in this week, they’ll have played twice.

I can hear Guardiola’s whining in his pre match press conference already.

Pep loves a whinge more than almost anyone. But I think playing Monday, Thursday, Sunday, Tuesday in the second week back after 3 months away is taking the piss. Granted they have the £1bn squad for it. But that’s a shitter of a fixture list...

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #401 on: June 21, 2020, 09:42:47 pm »
Erm, if we were to apply that same principle to every day life - we’d be living in an absolutely fucked society. So yes, I certainly care.

Well I dont. Like I said our keeper supports and voted for a facist apparently. But he is the best keeper in the world.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #402 on: June 21, 2020, 09:43:12 pm »
Half expecting us to win it without playing now. Beat Palace and City would need to win at Stamford Bridge to keep the "title race" alive.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Amatt

• Amoo, Amass.....
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #403 on: June 21, 2020, 09:43:32 pm »
Yes he very well could be but I dont know if he was signed to solve a particular weakness. Could just be an opportunistic signing.

He looks like a £7 million player to me. Doesn’t stand out at all, and personally I’m not sure what his role is or what he brings to the team. He could blossom into a good player for us and I hope he does, but at the moment I’m a bit meh with him.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #404 on: June 21, 2020, 09:43:40 pm »
He shouldn't have been on the bench then.

He was ready to come on.

And I'm happy he didn't. It will give him more motivation and against Palace he can concentrate on playing some football and not being kicked around the pitch.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #405 on: June 21, 2020, 09:44:26 pm »
Carra’s becoming a pain in the ass. You can take the boy out of Everton...

It’s one thing attempting to be as neutral as possible given his SKY role, but he always takes it beyond that.

Lovren wasn’t at the races - neither was Gini. I thought Matip was exceptional and I hope his injury is nothing serious. Minimi looks like it’s going to be a while before he’s up to speed. Naby was excellent - he Hendo and Mane were the only Liverpool players who looked match sharp, along with Matip.

Overall the break was more disadvantageous to us than them - because we rely far more on rhythm. All the changes didn’t help, but I understand that was tactical given the upcoming programme. The days of fielding the same 11 and just tweaking it are over given the circumstances.

We’ll win the title at some point, when is unimportant. Let’s just relax and see which players actually see it through over the next few weeks.

Lovren was bad and rightly targeted as soon as he came on, nothing wrong with what Carra said.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 09:55:28 pm by Coolie High »

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #406 on: June 21, 2020, 09:44:35 pm »
 :shite: Glad that one's out of the way is all I can say.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #407 on: June 21, 2020, 09:45:33 pm »
He looks like a £7 million player to me. Doesn’t stand out at all, and personally I’m not sure what his role is or what he brings to the team. He could blossom into a good player for us and I hope he does, but at the moment I’m a bit meh with him.

He's had his good moments, but you're right. At the moment he looks like a player that would be decent for a side in 9th place but not for one winning the league that has dropped 7 points all season so far. I just don't see where he fits.

Offline Andy-oh-six

• Legacy Fan
  • Mr Susan in 'the world of mirrors'...
« Reply #408 on: June 21, 2020, 09:48:46 pm »
He's had his good moments, but you're right. At the moment he looks like a player that would be decent for a side in 9th place but not for one winning the league that has dropped 7 points all season so far. I just don't see where he fits.

He doesn’t fit wide and is never going to be strong enough to replace Bobby. I can’t see him fitting in to the shape as we stand.
Internet terrorist

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #409 on: June 21, 2020, 09:50:07 pm »
Fair play to Carlo, has them playing like a Haodgson wet dream. It's a point, 5 more needed maximum, hope we are a step better for Palace...
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #410 on: June 21, 2020, 09:50:37 pm »
He doesn’t fit wide and is never going to be strong enough to replace Bobby. I can’t see him fitting in to the shape as we stand.
I’d be cautious on the word ‘never’ when it comes to this club’s coaching and development under Klopp.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #411 on: June 21, 2020, 09:51:12 pm »

Doesn't look confident at all, like he doesn't believe he deserves to be here, as such he doesn't impose himself on games and he's got the cutting edge of a straw. Not quite Markovic or Downing in that sense, but hopefully Klopp can do something with him.

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
« Reply #412 on: June 21, 2020, 09:51:38 pm »
Lovers was bad and rightly targeted as soon as he came on, nothing wrong with what Carra said.

Said to my old man that he could cost us the game when he was getting ready to come on. Almost proved me right.

Taking a risk here as I got a 30 day ban last time I spoke about Lovren but he really does need to go when the window opens. He's not good enough and is now more of a hindrance than a help when he's on the pitch.

I appreciate that he's been a good servant for us but enough is enough.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #413 on: June 21, 2020, 09:51:42 pm »
A clear disappointment this weekend. We could be 20 points ahead with 8 games to go.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #414 on: June 21, 2020, 09:51:49 pm »
Minamino has played about the equivalent of five games....thats the guy people are writing off, right?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #415 on: June 21, 2020, 09:51:57 pm »
I’d be cautious on the word ‘never’ when it comes to this club’s coaching and development under Klopp.

It would appear Minamino is on a hiding to nothing with some people, but happily Klopp will be more patient.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #416 on: June 21, 2020, 09:52:34 pm »
Minamino has played about the equivalent of five games....thats the guy people are writing off, right?

Say nothing of having to stop playing football half way through the season.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #417 on: June 21, 2020, 09:53:36 pm »

Keita played well, so they have to criticise someone else!
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #418 on: June 21, 2020, 09:53:48 pm »
Good point, we were more than understandably off rhythm

Alisson MOTM but special shout for Joel Matip, who was outstanding - hope he recovers fine.

Bogey side Palace next. Let's go
They're not a bogey side, we beat them all the time.
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #419 on: June 21, 2020, 09:53:52 pm »
Lovers was bad and rightly targeted as soon as he came on, nothing wrong with what Carra said.

Read my post - I’ve said that Lovren wasn’t at the races. That wasn’t the point.

My criticism of Carra is down to him always giving Everton undue credit - not just today and not just against us. It’s more than a trend and it’s fucking annoying. It’s as if living, as he does, in an Everton stronghold, he wants his cake and eat it.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #420 on: June 21, 2020, 09:54:02 pm »
Said to my old man that he could cost us the game when he was getting ready to come on. Almost proved me right.

Taking a risk here as I got a 30 day ban last time I spoke about Lovren but he really does need to go when the window opens. He's not good enough and is now more of a hindrance than a help when he's on the pitch.

I appreciate that he's been a good servant for us but enough is enough.

Was there an alternative though? Move Gomez to the middle and bring Neco Williams on out of position would have been a big call.

Thankfully we got away with it and it didn’t cost us too much. Hopefully Matip will be ok but fitness permitting I’d expect Robbo back on Wednesday, with Gomez back in the middle.

Offline Amatt

• Amoo, Amass.....
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #421 on: June 21, 2020, 09:54:06 pm »
Doesn't look confident at all, like he doesn't believe he deserves to be here, as such he doesn't impose himself on games and he's no threat. Not quite Markovic or Downing in that sense, but hopefully Klopp can do something with him.

Good point that. Don’t know if he’s overawed with the surroundings and players he’s with but you’d think as Klopp has bought him and is managing him he has the faith in him. Could be one of those players that needs a goal to get him going and get his confidence up.

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #422 on: June 21, 2020, 09:54:09 pm »
Good point, we were more than understandably off rhythm

Alisson MOTM but special shout for Joel Matip, who was outstanding - hope he recovers fine.

Bogey side Palace next. Let's go

Palace are such a bogey team that we’ve beaten them the last 5 times we’ve played them.

Offline Andy-oh-six

• Legacy Fan
  • Mr Susan in 'the world of mirrors'...
« Reply #423 on: June 21, 2020, 09:55:44 pm »

I don’t doubt his tactical acumen or ability to improve and learn but physically I can’t see him playing where Bobby does. His physical attributes are underrated.
Internet terrorist

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #424 on: June 21, 2020, 09:56:25 pm »
He isn’t that bad but confidence is absolutely important playing in this league. I remember Origi went through the same and then hit a good form under Klopp.

Hope Klopp and our players can help him to find it.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #425 on: June 21, 2020, 09:56:35 pm »

Matip is the best ball playing centre back at the club. You want him in the team against teams that park the bus.

Think Carragher was spot on when he called Lovren too emotional. That he tries to win ever challenge and ball, when sometimes it's best to play smart against a striker who is faster or stronger than you.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #426 on: June 21, 2020, 09:56:39 pm »
And that's why he won't be here. He isn't anywhere near a top class CB and has been linked with a move away for at least two seasons now.

He was here when Klopp walked in the door and he is still here 5 years later when were arguably the best side in the world. Klopp would have well got shut if he is how you have described but Klopp has faith and belief in Lovren. He would get into any other Premiership side despite being everyones favourite whipping boy in the media and with dickheads on twitter and in our own fanbase. Klopp said after the Watford game "if people blame Dejan Lovren for that defeat i cant help them" and he was right. TAA and VVD stunk the joint out against Watford and Lovren as the low hanging fruit got the blame.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #427 on: June 21, 2020, 09:57:06 pm »
Good point that. Don’t know if he’s overawed with the surroundings and players he’s with but you’d think as Klopp has bought him and is managing him he has the faith in him. Could be one of those players that needs a goal to get him going and get his confidence up.

He's not had a full season here yet, we've also had a pandemic interrupted season when the lad is still trying to get used to being at a new club and people are writing him off before he's had a proper chance. 

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #428 on: June 21, 2020, 09:57:20 pm »
Thought the noise was awful. What chants did we have other than Liverpool, Liverpool

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #429 on: June 21, 2020, 09:58:45 pm »
Matip is the best ball playing centre back at the club. You want him in the team against teams that park the bus.

Think Carragher was spot on when he called Lovren too emotional. That he tries to win ever challenge and ball, when sometimes it's best to play smart against a striker who is faster or stronger than you.
And this is coming from Carragher ?

Offline kriss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #430 on: June 21, 2020, 09:59:40 pm »
They're not a bogey side, we beat them all the time.

Correct. We have won the last six at Selhurst Park and have won the last two against them at Anfield as well.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #431 on: June 21, 2020, 10:00:18 pm »
He looks like a £7 million player to me.
His market value significantly exceeded £7m at the time of purchase.

I understand he’s been underwhelming and I appreciate the impact of recency bias but there’s a tendency to be too quick to judge amongst fans. He’ll get his chance, he’ll get a run of starts. Judge once he’s had a fair crack.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #432 on: June 21, 2020, 10:00:19 pm »
Don’t want to derail the thread but the club seriously needs to have a word. It’s one thing liking Trump’s “silent majority” tweets but liking Breitbart anti-Semitic conspiracy theories is a step beyond that, even for him.

This.

He seems to hide behind the cutsy bromance videos with Salah but when you see what he likes it's either he doesn't realise people see those likes or he is really trying to influence his followers. I'm pretty sure it's the former but both tell you about who he is as a person and that's not good

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #433 on: June 21, 2020, 10:01:16 pm »
Felt strange without boo's at Boodison
You mean you didn't hear them ? Clearly audible after every foul......even those they won ! Typical shite atmosphere for a shite team.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #434 on: June 21, 2020, 10:02:23 pm »
Thought the noise was awful. What chants did we have other than Liverpool, Liverpool
I heard poetry in motion at one point, and the. Booo booo booo a lot
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #435 on: June 21, 2020, 10:02:24 pm »
This.

He seems to hide behind the cutsy bromance videos with Salah but when you see what he likes it's either he doesn't realise people see those likes or he is really trying to influence his followers. I'm pretty sure it's the former but both tell you about who he is as a person and that's not good

I cannot believe this is actually a thing. Who cares? The guy is a footballer.

Offline Reeves

• Back from the dead. Bit simples.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "THE DISTANCE BETWEEN INSANITY AND GENIUS.........
    • RAWK
« Reply #436 on: June 21, 2020, 10:04:03 pm »
His market value significantly exceeded £7m at the time of purchase.

I understand he’s been underwhelming and I appreciate the impact of recency bias but there’s a tendency to be too quick to judge amongst fans. He’ll get his chance, he’ll get a run of starts. Judge once he’s had a fair crack.

No issue with how he looks. But why the fuck have we bought a square peg?
..........IS MEASURED ONLY BY SUCCESS"

RAWK - HJC Champions 2003
Former RAWK Scribe 2002 - 2004

Offline Amatt

• Amoo, Amass.....
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #437 on: June 21, 2020, 10:04:37 pm »
He's not had a full season here yet, we've also had a pandemic interrupted season when the lad is still trying to get used to being at a new club and people are writing him off before he's had a proper chance.

I’m not writing him off and I haven’t said he’s crap and will never make it here. He could just need to get a goal to get his confidence up. But at the moment he looks like he’s struggling and not sure what his role is when he plays.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #438 on: June 21, 2020, 10:04:39 pm »
No issue with how he looks. But why the fuck have we bought a square peg?

Maybe we don't know what we're doing?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #439 on: June 21, 2020, 10:06:16 pm »

I find that laughable to be honest, that people are so quick to judge, especially when a lot of what is being said was probably being said about Robbo too, and maybe even Ox. He played about 6 games for god sake give the lad a chance. That's not an unreasonable ask