Author Topic: Anthem - New Bioware/EA IP  (Read 6794 times)

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
Anthem - New Bioware/EA IP
« on: June 11, 2017, 05:49:32 pm »
https://youtu.be/wi0Uq7QmKm4

Only a teaser, but it looks like taking elements of Destiny and Titanfall, more to follow at E3 today.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
Re: Anthem - New Bioware/EA IP
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 04:19:08 am »
 the gameplay looks like a MMO version of andromeda in many respects.  I did like the combat in that game, so probably not a bad thing.  Just a shame that there's no story-driven single player aspect by the looks of it; maybe like a sci-fi version of the division(?).

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/EL5GSfs9fi4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/EL5GSfs9fi4</a>

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 04:55:22 am »
https://youtu.be/wi0Uq7QmKm4

Only a teaser, but it looks like taking elements of Destiny and Titanfall, more to follow at E3 today.

And Iron Man
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2017, 03:51:23 am »
It looks like EA's version of Destiny, like others have said with a mix of Titanfall and Mass Effect Andromeda. If it is as good as it looks and is as playable as Destiny is/was - I would get it in a heartbeat.

I didn't enjoy the pretend players talking as though they have been grinding out the game to get the weapons they wanted or used. But that's just shit PR rather than anything to do with the game itself.

I gotta say though I hope it is more like Destiny than The Division. Destiny was a staple for a lot of people on my friends list for a few years whereas the Division lasted 6-9 months before most people stopped playing it.

It looks gorgeous, but that is probably being run on super powered PC's rather than the lowly xbox one or ps4.

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2017, 08:39:39 pm »
DF reckon it was actually running on an Xbox One X, due to the nature of the 4k

https://youtu.be/W3E5L2sOvNI
STFU and agree with me.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
Anthem
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2018, 10:32:23 am »
I know EA's track record, how they like to fuck things up but despite all that this looks fucking boss.

Very rare I pre-order anything these days but I'm all in on this one.

Looking forward to the VIP beta at the end of Jan. Mates that played the closed alpha said it was one of, if not the best things they'd ever played.

Shut up and take my money!

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2018, 11:11:55 am »
Closed alpha was last week and the amount of positive feedback from what was basically a server stress test is unreal.

Managed to catch a stream before it got taken down for violating the NDA and for an alpha, it look and ran like a final build. So smooth and so much fun.

Can’t fucking wait.

Pre-ordering it soon for the PS4 so if anyone wants to squad up then let me know!

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2018, 11:16:20 am »
I've pre-ordered this in Legion of Dawn edition, I didn't get in on the Alpha but everything I heard has made it sound ace soooooo yeah

HMU J-Mc-

Offline GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2018, 02:40:12 pm »
This does look amazing. Gonna see if I can get some mates to buy it too for some multiplayer, if I can get them off Destiny.

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: January 1, 2019, 08:06:25 pm »
This looks very good - and has many elements that I really like, but it seems... almost too busy? I don't know, hard to find the right word...

I'm intrigued, but not convinced.
@Yvanicuzz

Offline Team Sleep

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • A walking surplus.
« Reply #10 on: January 3, 2019, 12:40:29 pm »
Bioware have said there will not be lootboxes or the "ability to pay for power", but there will be cosmetic items to buy.

Ultimately they're owned by EA so I'm going to be watching to see how this plays out before I think about buying it.

Offline PhilV

• Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #11 on: January 3, 2019, 12:44:30 pm »
Bioware have said there will not be lootboxes or the "ability to pay for power", but there will be cosmetic items to buy.

Ultimately they're owned by EA so I'm going to be watching to see how this plays out before I think about buying it.

Sounds like R6: Siege to be honest where you can make your character look cool as fuck but ultimately it's your skill that counts - I'm fine with that.

I have a mate who's got all the R6 skins, like over £200 worth I think, he's mad - I only have the Frost Elite

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2019, 10:56:26 am »
Just pre-ordered the legion of dawn edition, VIP demo out on friday, can't wait!

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2019, 11:59:57 am »
Is it just me or does this look shite?

Offline JLStretton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2019, 07:20:43 am »
Is it just me or does this look shite?
This is my thinking, my mate keeps tagging me in post about it on fb but I just carnt get excited about it
choose Life.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2019, 12:47:31 am »
The more I see of this the less enthused I am, just looks like Warframe with a nicer graphics engine really, was excited for this one too.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2019, 06:14:24 pm »
Failure written all over it.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2019, 06:18:25 pm »
Genuinely don't get the hate...peeps I game with played the alpha and were bowled over by it!

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2019, 07:17:20 pm »
Genuinely don't get the hate...peeps I game with played the alpha and were bowled over by it!

I can’t wait personally.

In the ViP demo for this weekend, got the legion of dawn edition on pre-order and got a few mates who’re just as itching to play it as I am.

People keep thinking it’s a Destiny clone but this is what Destiny should have been IMO

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2019, 02:00:33 am »
It’s everything Destiny should have been.

Fantastic from what i’ve played of it so far.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2019, 05:30:14 pm »
Contrasting view here, I am supremely underwhelmed, think Destiny has nothing to fear, and believe this is going to be another Division-style release where its dead after 3 weeks.

Whats got me down is the gamebreaking bugs. I had to restart the game 9 times due to crashes over the weekend. The game is probably going Gold in a couple of weeks, its not going to be ready on release.

Also that Fort Tarsis has nothing on Destiny's Tower ;D

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2019, 06:20:07 pm »
Contrasting view here, I am supremely underwhelmed, think Destiny has nothing to fear, and believe this is going to be another Division-style release where its dead after 3 weeks.

Whats got me down is the gamebreaking bugs. I had to restart the game 9 times due to crashes over the weekend. The game is probably going Gold in a couple of weeks, its not going to be ready on release.

Also that Fort Tarsis has nothing on Destiny's Tower ;D

The crashes have been fixed for the full release and probably for next weeks demo. Confirmed by the devs already.

Also, they removed a shitload of content from the demo which is confirmed to be in the full release.

The demo is a taste of 3 missions and a stronghold, the full game has a LOT more, including extra HUD items for squad players and more things to do at FT.

Destiny was shite, this is going to blow it out the water come release, already feels more fun to play and less grindy than destiny, and that’s based on a demo.

All the issues server side are currently being fixed and client side will be fixed in a day 1 patch (confirmed by Bioware Dev on Twitter)

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2019, 11:42:54 pm »
Destiny was shite then aye?, that's good to know fella.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2019, 06:59:29 am »
Destiny was shite then aye?, that's good to know fella.

Yep. Absoloute shite. Just a game made to grind that took the better part of a year to become anything close than what was promised.

Offline PhilV

• Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2019, 09:54:41 am »
After playing the demo I am glad I pre-ordered and very much looking forward to this!!!

Don't agree with J -Mc- that Destiny was shite D1 was supreme, loved it, D2 was D1 with some features removed then re-added instead of a full follow up game and for that reason it was massively disappointing for me.

Anyway, I enjoyed the mechanics so far in Anthem, very much fun and got 2 other mates playing it with me so doing the Stronghold was a lot of fun, I Tweeted about the crashes too but apparently this (the demo) was a late 2018 build and these have been resolved already so that's good!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 09:57:42 am by PhilV »

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2019, 02:58:36 pm »
D1 is one if the best games I've ever played. D2 was a mess and took them over a year to get it into order but they got there. But after putting thousands of hours into both of them I'm done. The grind for new loot and gear doesn't progress anything and it just all feels pointless.

I still recall dropping into the cosmodrome for the first time and thinking "wow!", I've mained Destiny for years but it's time for a change.

Anthem feels fresh and without PvP they won't have all the balancing to do with guns and gear so the sky's the limit for loadouts. I can't wait, this, GTFO and TD:2 should keep me going in 2019 8)

Offline PhilV

• Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2019, 05:34:02 pm »
D1 is one if the best games I've ever played. D2 was a mess and took them over a year to get it into order but they got there. But after putting thousands of hours into both of them I'm done. The grind for new loot and gear doesn't progress anything and it just all feels pointless.

I still recall dropping into the cosmodrome for the first time and thinking "wow!", I've mained Destiny for years but it's time for a change.

Anthem feels fresh and without PvP they won't have all the balancing to do with guns and gear so the sky's the limit for loadouts. I can't wait, this, GTFO and TD:2 should keep me going in 2019 8)

give me an add on PSN if you even need someone to fly around with on Anthem  :)

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2019, 12:17:05 am »
give me an add on PSN if you even need someone to fly around with on Anthem  :)

Think i’ve got you on PSN already mate but i’ll jump on as well 👍

Offline PhilV

• Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2019, 08:42:34 am »
Think i’ve got you on PSN already mate but i’ll jump on as well 👍

Yeah I think we've got each other still but if not send me a request, same name as my instagram on my signature here. Will be good to have a little group going. Still busy shitting my pants at RE2 atm

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #29 on: February 1, 2019, 05:57:41 pm »
got kicked out of 2 sessions already, grim.
PSN: white-of-my-eyes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: February 3, 2019, 12:32:59 am »
Had a go today, meh, just meh

Offline Team Sleep

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • A walking surplus.
« Reply #31 on: February 3, 2019, 09:39:26 am »
Had a go today, meh, just meh

From what I've seen so far I don't know why I'd pay for this when I can play Warframe for free. I get the use of vertical space is impressive, but Warframe has really good movement too.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: February 4, 2019, 02:18:48 pm »
Played on Friday and Saturday night and had two completely different experiences.

Friday night was littered with bugs, being kicked out of missions, connections going down, issues with squad set-up.

Saturday night was smooth as you want, plus by this stage I felt a lot more comfortable with the controls: flying, abilities, dodging, hovering, ground combat, supers etc. I felt a bit more in tune with the game too whereas initially I was struggling to see/identify enemies. We completed the stronghold (only on easy mode - we deffo could have taken it on normal) and I thorougly enjoyed it. With a decent squad of players who've gamed together before we'd soon started getting our combos together.

I'll definitely be getting it as even if it's just something that lasts a few months it'll be value for money. Hopefully this free demo and the earlier VIP one will have given them some crucial information to manager their servers (like I really know what I'm talking about). With fresh content and continued support they could be on to a winner here.
« Last Edit: February 4, 2019, 02:20:55 pm by wige »

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #33 on: February 4, 2019, 05:36:19 pm »
mad how you can't swap your gear while in a mission and have to go back to the fort, archaic quality of life.
PSN: white-of-my-eyes

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: February 5, 2019, 07:05:17 pm »
As if it wasn't enough to confirm just how much EA gives a fuck about this game or Bioware, they publish a FTP battle royal game out of nowhere made by Respawn called Apex. A case of fingers in many pies, or competition to see who's getting the chop?

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: February 5, 2019, 11:30:49 pm »
As if it wasn't enough to confirm just how much EA gives a fuck about this game or Bioware, they publish a FTP battle royal game out of nowhere made by Respawn called Apex. A case of fingers in many pies, or competition to see who's getting the chop?

Yeah they want a slice of everything, my guess is they'll put Apex and Battlefield BR out there to see if they stick, and if not they'll just carry on with Titanfall 3 and standard BF. It sounds like a lot of people are bored of Blackout now so they probably want to take people away from that.

To be honest I think BR is a fun mode but gets old after the novelty has worn off, and unless you've got some really interesting twist on it there's no point trying to break into that market as it's more likely to dwindle than continue growing.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: February 6, 2019, 03:49:03 pm »

You do know it had nothing to do with EA?

They’ve published the game but it was actually released by the developers without any input from EA. Was purely the developers who have decided on the release and the fact it’s a free to play game.

Poor argument that Mac.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: February 6, 2019, 04:19:34 pm »
You do know it had nothing to do with EA?

They’ve published the game but it was actually released by the developers without any input from EA. Was purely the developers who have decided on the release and the fact it’s a free to play game.

Poor argument that Mac.
Not at all. EA own Respawn. They also own Bioware. They publish both their games. They can dress it up however they want. It's just the usual semantics, industry politics. Business as usual for companies like EA. They've been wanting to get into the whole GaaS bollocks for a while. BFV fell flat on its face. Anthem looks like an expensive mess at the moment, and they took a punt with a low risk, FTP game that's cost them nothing, but could end up making them a fuck tonne of money through - you guessed it - microtransactions.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: February 7, 2019, 02:14:01 am »
Just been announced by one of the developers that all narrative DLC is going to be free, only catch is “you have to buy the game”.

Fantastic news that, looks like they’ve got a fair bit of DLC planned as well going from thenimages posted on twitter by Michael Gamble.

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: February 7, 2019, 04:46:09 pm »
This genuinely looks like it could be a class game. I know people have had mixed experiences with framerate and servers but hopefully that will be sorted in the release version or with a day one patch. I'll be jumping in with the 10 hour trial through EA Access and if it is anything like what it promises to be then it could be my go to game for the next few months. The free content roadmap looks interesting as well